NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Johnny B Goode Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:11 pm

Been tinkering around with some ideas. This is my latest one and I probably won't edit it much more until TLT I think unless there's a glaring problem I can't see. Players like Holmes, Luciano Leilua and Jarrod Wallace have floated in and out of my team as I'm not sure what the best makeup of my base team is. Anyway

HOK: Smith, King (R)
    FRF: Fifita, Gurgess, Tetevano, F Pritchard
    2RF: De Belin, Mannering, K Bromwich, Stimson, Jai Arrow, Jarrad Kennedy
    HLF: Morts, Elgey, Lamb, Nona
    CTR: Idris, Sione, Whare, R Jennings
    WFB: Slater, Hayne, RTS, Gutherson, Pythian

In the HLF's it's heavily reliant on Morts being named as starting Hooker. Also Nona's just a placeholder really until Jai Field is in the system. I've got 112k in the bank which I'll just sit on for now. Use it to change around some players like Pythian, King and Kennedy if they're not named in Round 1 team lists.

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:31 pm

Johnny B Goode wrote:Been tinkering around with some ideas. This is my latest one and I probably won't edit it much more until TLT I think unless there's a glaring problem I can't see. Players like Holmes, Luciano Leilua and Jarrod Wallace have floated in and out of my team as I'm not sure what the best makeup of my base team is. Anyway

HOK: Smith, King (R)
    FRF: Fifita, Gurgess, Tetevano, F Pritchard  
    2RF: De Belin, Mannering, K Bromwich, Stimson, Jai Arrow, Jarrad Kennedy
    HLF: Morts, Elgey, Lamb, Nona  
    CTR: Idris, Sione, Whare, R Jennings
    WFB: Slater, Hayne, RTS, Gutherson, Pythian  

In the HLF's it's heavily reliant on Morts being named as starting Hooker. Also Nona's just a placeholder really until Jai Field is in the system. I've got 112k in the bank which I'll just sit on for now. Use it to change around some players like Pythian, King and Kennedy if they're not named in Round 1 team lists.

I'm not sure how this thread works, but those halves gave me the Ebola virus lol!
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:59 pm

I really don't understand the fascination with Morts, no way he plays 80 mins where he used to avg around 40 in the halfs where he got a fair few points from decent KM, if he gets 50 mins can't see him scoring above 30 at hooker where he is priced!
    BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:21 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

will hopefully remember to come back and do a full write up here, if I don't feel free to call me out or just pm me haha

But just for brief analysis for you,

-great POD hooker combo
    -love the JBrom pick for a huge gun POD
    -No issues with the halves, rate all 4 picks
    -very standard backs across both positions and I say that in a good way with all starters smart picks.
    -only question is why Scott Bolton???? Is a very basic mid ranger IMO who doesn't look to have much upside at all. Dud pick here IMO. Any mid rangers you want to be ones with money making potential as you can find a standard 30-35 pointer in most positions who is going to be consistent but you want the ones who will then close the gap price wise on the guns for you.

Thanks for the look mate. I'll look more into 2RF options, but just saw bolton as having a better run with the cowboys fwd vacancies this year.
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:58 am

Rabbit wrote:

I'm not sure how this thread works, but those halves gave me the Ebola virus lol!

Well that's all I needed to know. Could have been a little less dramatic about it but hey whatever
    Johnny B Goode
    Johnny B Goode

Post by Johnny B Goode Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:04 am

Okay Mortimer out, Moses in. Gutho to HLF and Brian Kelly CTR.
    Is that a better HLF makeup or should I try for at least one big gun there?
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:28 am

I am interested in Morts as well at that price. Bloke is a genuine tackler and may grab some KM's as well. Problem as always with him will be minutes.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:33 am

Johnny chuck up your revised team mate.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:35 am

Anyone care to rate this team:

Smith, Farah
    Klemmer, Wallace, AFB, Hoare
    De Belin, Buhrer, ET, SMat, Nuffie, Nuffie
    DCE, Lamb, Elgey, Hingano
    Whare, Idris, Scott, Olive
    RTS, Hayne, Slater, RJennings, GGM

99k to play around with
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:18 am

Beast From The Big East wrote:Anyone care to rate this team:

Smith, Farah
    Klemmer, Wallace, AFB, Hoare
    De Belin, Buhrer, ET, SMat, Nuffie, Nuffie
    DCE, Lamb, Elgey, Hingano
    Whare, Idris, Scott, Olive
    RTS, Hayne, Slater, RJennings, GGM

99k to play around with

Smith 130 Farah 45-55
    Klemmer 50 Wallace 30-40 AFB 25-40 Hoare
    De Belin 55-65 Buhrer 50-55 ET 48-52 SMat 35-45 Nuffie, Nuffie
    DCE 50-55 Lamb 30-45 Elgey 30-35 Hingano
    Whare 25-30 Idris 20-40 Scott, Olive
    RTS 40-55 Hayne 35-55 Slater 30-40 RJennings, GGM

728 - 882 avg - 805

really like this team, looks balanced with good depth
    not sold on Buhrer personally but can see why people think he can improve playing 80 every week.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:28 am

Welshy wrote:

Smith 130 Farah 45-55
    Klemmer 50 Wallace 30-40 AFB 25-40 Hoare
    De Belin 55-65 Buhrer 50-55 ET 48-52 SMat 35-45 Nuffie, Nuffie
    DCE 50-55 Lamb 30-45 Elgey 30-35 Hingano
    Whare 25-30 Idris 20-40 Scott, Olive
    RTS 40-55 Hayne 35-55 Slater 30-40 RJennings, GGM

728 - 882 avg - 805

really like this team, looks balanced with good depth
    not sold on Buhrer personally but can see why people think he can improve playing 80 every week.

Cheers Welshy. Yea like you I'm not completely sold on Burher but there ain't too many other mid priced gun 2rfs which I prefer for price. I think Buhrer has always been a great scorer when given the minutes as he has a high workrate and doesn't need to rely on a few big plays or runs to rack his points up. Is there as a filler for now but could easily see myself running with him to start the season. The alternative is spend 50k for Surgess or look at someone like JBrom or McGuire and shift Klemmer to 2nd row

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:55 am

I want to select Klemmer but his stupid beard and haircut have put me off.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:57 am

Bren wrote:I want to select Klemmer but his stupid beard and haircut have put me off.

Never select a fantasy player based on football attire

unless they wear a headband and play with rolled down socks

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:06 am

Welshy wrote:

Never select a fantasy player based on football attire

unless they wear a headband and play with rolled down socks

So you are saying to select all players that wear a headband or rolled down socks? Got it. Sounds like a winning formula Razz
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:09 am

Bren wrote:

So you are saying to select all players that wear a headband or rolled down socks? Got it. Sounds like a winning formula Razz

sorry, should of read never don't select a player on football attire.....
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:20 am

Welshy wrote:

sorry, should of read never don't select a player on football attire.....

Man-buns on the other hand are grounds for an instant trade-out.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:22 am

Milchcow wrote:

Man-buns on the other hand are grounds for an instant trade-out.

100%

Must be why I can't commit to JDB

Post by Guest Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:27 am

Welshy wrote:

100%

Must be why I can't commit to JDB

JDB man bun is gone! Replaced by a Josh Dugan style beard Embarassed
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:27 am

While waiting for ultimate to open...fiddling around with team

Smith, King
    JWH, AFB, FKauf (ZaneT)
    Surgess Taupau Klemmer Sione (Simpkins Stimson)
    SJ, Cartwright, Guth (Hingano)
    Idris, Latrell (Scott, Kelly)
    RTS, Hayne, Guth (RJen, Drew)

That's if Latrell is named centre. If he isn't can move Sione to CTR, Cartwright to 2RF, Guth to HB, Latrell to WFB. Although if he isn't named centre I prob wouldn't have him in the team.

Props and two of the reserves weak. Would help if a starting half turns up at $143k. Does rest of team make up for it?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:47 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:While waiting for ultimate to open...fiddling around with team

Smith, King
    JWH, AFB, FKauf (ZaneT)
    Surgess Taupau Klemmer Sione (Simpkins Stimson)
    SJ, Cartwright, Guth (Hingano)
    Idris, Latrell (Scott, Kelly)
    RTS, Hayne, Guth (RJen, Drew)

That's if Latrell is named centre. If he isn't can move Sione to CTR, Cartwright to 2RF, Guth to HB, Latrell to WFB. Although if he isn't named centre I prob wouldn't have him in the team.

Props and two of the reserves weak. Would help if a starting half turns up at $143k. Does rest of team make up for it?

I was meant to do this during the morning, but anyway...

HOK: Milchcow made a very valid point that King will not only be needing 80 minutes to make decent money. He still may fall considerably short of making cash to step to the next gun and it could end up in a similar situation to Moore where people either got sick of Moore and forced a way to get rid of him, or ran it as a slow burn/dead position half the year. Not necessarily a bad thing considering the lackluster amount of cashcows. Just something to keep in mind. That you may not be using your 2nd hooker as a starting 17 player most of the year. He does have great byes though.

FRF: Kaufusi could pick up some alright minutes but he still isn't going to be starting most likely and doesn't look to be a great option. Last year he played 40 minutes or more 6 times and he scored above 30 points on 4 occasions. However 3 of those occasions also included tries. In fact his PPM when not scoring a try last season was 0.68 which isn't bad, but it is boosted by short stints where he is fresh and simply there to make an impact. If it takes a similar hit (As most players do) in larger stints (Due to either burning out, or conserving more) he is likely to struggle to hit a 30-35 point average. While that means he can make you money the improvement is so little that it will take him quite awhile to do it. Meanwhile you are investing an extra $60k (Over a rookie) for someone who barely struggles to make your side. Better investments elsewhere, or take a punt on a Rookie. - I know everyone is expecting big things from Fonua-Blake. Lussicks injury helps but they still have Lawrence, Myles, Trbojevic and potentially Taupau to help take up minutes in the Front Row. Though if he gets 40-50 minutes he is golden, and he definitely looks like a great pick. It comes down to where he is named come TLT. If he is starting he is worth the punt, if he is on the bench he may not get enough minutes to improve on his current price tag. (I may do up a write up on JWH and ZaneT, just pressed for time atm.)

2RF: Again pressed for time, I would write up about Klemmer at a later date. Taupau looks great with thin reserves at Manly this year and either himself or Trbojevic possibly forced up front.

HLF: Gutherson looks like he will rely heavily on his attacking stats. Not that he can't make them, it is just the consistency is something to worry about. However he will have French and Norman off him and in my opinion looks less lethal than them so that may end up playing in his favour. I just find it hard to select a HLF that may not kick much and already priced quite high, in comparison to someone like Elgey who will rely on more offensive plays but is priced much cheaper.

CTR: Latrell? Is he starting in the CTR's this year and thus getting DPP? The CTR position is less work involved than say FB where he scored 17 points after scoring a try last year. He relies heavily on attacking stats and is very inconsistent. Although he did look bulked up at the 9s so not sure how that plays into his favour.

WFB: You have Guth twice? I am so confused. Just saw your comment about why he is there.

Overall:
    You have gone super strong in the halves and have decent players mixed through the team. However there are certain weak points. i.e. No second HOK, Mid-Tier FRF, stock standard WFB. I am just not sure if the rest of your team makes up for it, and I feel you have maybe one two many mid-tier guys to rely on. I mean if it works out you are golden, but would love to see a FRF gun.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 11:59 pm