NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

RandomSil
    RandomSil

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:38 am

Welshy wrote:Any chance JDB or Surgess get added FRF dual 2RF before the season starts?

The only way anyone is getting DPP status now I believe is if they are named there Week 1 on the Teamlist. So I am doubtful.
    Welshy
    Welshy

2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 2017 NRL.com Fantasy Rate My Team Thread

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:40 am

Random wrote:

HOK: What are you going to do if a Bench Hooker is named for the Dragons? Other than that concern if he plays the 80 minutes he scores like an absolute monster.

FRF: Daniel Safiti is interesting, if he can push for more minutes this season he is capable of scoring well. He had a PPM of 0.9 last season and only went over 1ppm 3 times and only 1 try in the game. So the guy looks to have solid base stats to keep up the PPM. The only issue is he does seem to miss tackles now and then. Almost 2 per game, but that is something after a full year he may have improved on. With all the changes to the Knights forward pack (Sims brothers departing, Pauli Pauli injury, Robbie Rochow leaving. It opens the door for him to play 50-60 minutes which could result on a score of 40 - 55 point average. (Note: I did what I think is the absolute worst he would score on average under those minutes and what is the best he can look to achieve consistently.) I also think there is no risk as it is likely he will get at least 50 minutes and it is very unlikely his PPM drops below 0.75PPM from his stellar 0.9PPM. Which even with a significant drop wouldn't make him lose cash.

2RF: Kevin Proctor was averaging 70 minutes last season. If Kenny Bromwich can transition from 40 minutes to 70 minutes that would be a sizable jump and enough for him to push into gun status. However that is almost double his playing time last season. I am not saying he can't do it, just that it is a leap of faith with a stacked backrow. Although for safety sake if he jumped to 55 minutes. Which is still a decent size bump to depend on he would improve his scores by around 10 points on average. Which wouldn’t push him to a true gun status, but would be a viable long-term keeper who will make you cash to make the trade up easier. He also shouldn’t lose cash. So you are hoping for a lot if you want him to be a gun, but he looks alright to be a mid-tier guy who you can make some money and be traded up. Just don’t expect 50 points games.

HLF: Taylor is a superstar and with Elgey beside him he will do the bulk of the kicking. While Peats and Hayne will play a role and take some kick meters away. They should also help accent Taylors attack. He has the potential to be a consistent 45-50 point scorer this year if not more. The only factor floating around is Tyrone Roberts. When Roberts plays it hampers Ash Taylors scores to a degree. Ashley Taylor only scored over 50 points once when Roberts played out of 17 games (Which involved a try), meanwhile he scored 50 points in 2 out of the 4 games when Tyrone Roberts was out. (None involving a try.) This is all because Tyrone Roberts does a lot of kicking, which Kane Elgey does a lot less of. If Tyrone Roberts is on the bench or not in the 17, then Ashley Taylor is your man. If Tyrone Roberts is starting in the halves, look elsewhere or expect mediocre scores.  

CTR: S. Mata'Utia could become a keeper in the CTR position it looks like a better option to start him in the 2RF and look at guys like Idris, Hurrell, Whare, Lafai, Chambers and hell even Gagai potentially. Then you have cheapies like Scott, Jennings, Kelly, and potentially J. Olive currently who could be rookie options if you wanted to replace a 2RF rookie.

WFB: Running with Slater in your 17. I currently have him, but not in a starting spot. But hey live life on the edge right?

Overall:
    You already want to swap Hess out for Mata'Utia which makes perfect sense. How much cash do you have left in the bank? Have you looked at other alternative instead of Chambers that may interest you? Otherwise you could look at swapping out Taylor if my spiel regarding Roberts puts you off him for a cheaper option.

cheers for the details and quality write up, edited my team if you want to remove the Hess debate. feel like it is more more rounded now
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:48 am

The change makes a world of difference to me. Hell at first when I relooked I was confused where you got the cash from. I wouldn't sweat on G. Burgess too much as he will either be a gun again or everyone else will have him so you wont be the only one dealing with it too much.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:52 am

@Random thanks again here are the reasonings

McInnes is and easy swap to any other hooker not named JFriend, if a bench hooker is named. May even wait 3 rounds to see if he is getting 65+ because i think he goes in the 50+ range if getting 60 min anyway and 60+ if he plays the 80.

DSaifiti I have had locked in even before Sims left, gut feel maybe but reckon he plays decent minutes and goes in the 40+ range with gun potential, Gurgess everyone has him (would go JWH but no cash) any bench boys' prop should be a decent cow

Surgess, JDB both have the potential to go 60+, ET underpriced and KBrom has good $ and score potential

Norman will score 55+ this year. ATaylor with no Roberts is a gun, even with Roberts on the bench I will still get on AshT

SMat and Idris pretty popular

RTS/Hayne not worth mentioning, Slater hopefully can last and is a worry
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:55 am

What do you do with Taylor if Roberts is starting?
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:58 am

Random wrote:What do you do with Taylor if Roberts is starting?

go to Hodgko/Lamb and upgrade elsewhere or Gutherson
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 pm

First draft since the site opened -

Smith (C), McInnes
    DSaifiti, Gurgess, AFB, FKaufusi
    Gallen, Surgess, ET, KBrom, Capewell, Stimson
    Norman, Lamb, Hingano, Nona
    SMat, Idris, Scott, Kelly
    RTS, Hayne, Slater, Phythian, RJennings
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:05 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:First draft since the site opened -

Smith (C), McInnes

First draft since the site opened -

Smith 130, McInnes 50-60
    DSaifiti 35-50 Gurgess 35-50 AFB 30-40 FKaufusi
    Gallen 50-55 Surgess 55-60 ET 48-52 KBrom 35-45 Capewell, Stimson
    Norman 50-60 Lamb 30-45 Hingano 25-30 Nona
    SMat 35-45 Idris 20-40 Scott, Kelly
    RTS 40-55 Hayne 35-55 Slater 30-40 Phythian, RJennings

733 - 912 avg - 822.5
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:24 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:First draft since the site opened -

Smith (C), McInnes

HOK: What are you going to do if a Bench Hooker is named for the Dragons? Other than that concern if he plays the 80 minutes he scores like an absolute monster.

FRF: Daniel Safiti is interesting, if he can push for more minutes this season he is capable of scoring well. He had a PPM of 0.9 last season and only went over 1ppm 3 times and only 1 try in the game. So the guy looks to have solid base stats to keep up the PPM. The only issue is he does seem to miss tackles now and then. Almost 2 per game, but that is something after a full year he may have improved on. With all the changes to the Knights forward pack (Sims brothers departing, Pauli Pauli injury, Robbie Rochow leaving. It opens the door for him to play 50-60 minutes which could result on a score of 40 - 55 point average. (Note: I did what I think is the absolute worst he would score on average under those minutes and what is the best he can look to achieve consistently.) I also think there is no risk as it is likely he will get at least 50 minutes and it is very unlikely his PPM drops below 0.75PPM from his stellar 0.9PPM. Which even with a significant drop wouldn't make him lose cash. Addin Fonua-Blake - I know everyone is expecting big things from Fonua-Blake. Lussicks injury helps but they still have Lawrence, Myles, Trbojevic and potentially Taupau to help take up minutes in the Front Row. Though if he gets 40-50 minutes he is golden, and he definitely looks like a great pick. It comes down to where he is named come TLT. If he is starting he is worth the punt, if he is on the bench he may not get enough minutes to improve on his current price tag. Kaufusi could pick up some alright minutes but he still isn't going to be starting most likely and doesn't look to be a great option. Last year he played 40 minutes or more 6 times and he scored above 30 points on 4 occasions. However 3 of those occasions also included tries. In fact his PPM when not scoring a try last season was 0.68 which isn't bad, but it is boosted by short stints where he is fresh and simply there to make an impact. If it takes a similar hit (As most players do) in larger stints (Due to either burning out, or conserving more) he is likely to struggle to hit a 30-35 point average. While that means he can make you money the improvement is so little that it will take him quite awhile to do it. Meanwhile you are investing an extra $60k (Over a rookie) for someone who barely struggles to make your side. Better investments elsewhere, or take a punt on a Rookie.

2RF: Elijah Taylor is another player that because of his utility to an extent it can hurt him. As long as the Tigers this year run with a Hooker and Utility that isn’t named Elijah Taylor then he should certainly continue his run of form. Last season in games where he played 60 minutes or more while starting in the lock position he averaged 51 points. (This doesn’t account for when he moved to Hooker during the match.) While he is priced at 42 points currently. He also posted up three 60 points or more games in around 70 minute performances. Not saying he reaches those levels consistently but 50 point average is not out of the question and pushes him to a keeper status at the very least and a decent chunk of coin to be made. Kevin Proctor was averaging 70 minutes last season. If Kenny Bromwich can transition from 40 minutes to 70 minutes that would be a sizable jump and enough for him to push into gun status. However that is almost double his playing time last season. I am not saying he can't do it, just that it is a leap of faith with a stacked backrow. Although for safety sake if he jumped to 55 minutes. Which is still a decent size bump to depend on he would improve his scores by around 10 points on average. Which wouldn’t push him to a true gun status, but would be a viable long-term keeper who will make you cash to make the trade up easier. He also shouldn’t lose cash. So you are hoping for a lot if you want him to be a gun, but he looks alright to be a mid-tier guy who you can make some money and be traded up. Just don’t expect 50 points games.

HLF: Corey Norman looks set to have a stand out year after last season was cut a little short. The bloke has all the potential in the world to score 50-60 point games on average as he will be doing a massive amount of the kicking if Gutherson is in beside him. Keiran Foran averaged 129 kick meters last season when he had Norman beside him. Gutherson averaged 122 kick meters when starting in the halves last season. Which is boosted by a massive 300+ game in Round 26. If you discount that Gutherson averaged 97 kick meters. That means Norman will most certainly maintain his average if not improve on 350 kick meters a game. Then he has a much better backline with Bevan French lining up at Fullback to take pressure of Norman in attack. He could very well end up becoming one of the Top 3 HLFs from a Fantasy Perspective. Lamb is iffy to be betting on. Hodkinson by all accounts had an incredibly poor season last year, if he returns to form or takes over more of the kicking it could impact against Lambs scores. With that said he does like to kick and he does that a lot so his base stats are through the roof making him a very solid kick. Mullen could also end up back in the team so may want to have a backup option in case.

CTR: Sione Mata-Utia - S. Mata'Utia could become a keeper in the CTR position it looks like a better option to start him in the 2RF and look at guys like Idris, Hurrell, Whare, Lafai, Chambers and hell even Gagai potentially. Then you have cheapies like Scott, Jennings, Kelly, and potentially J. Olive currently who could be rookie options if you wanted to replace a 2RF rookie.

WFB:

Overall:

The side is extremely balanced. There is a few little things that could be tweaked if you read through my write ups on certain players. However overall there really isn't much wrong with the team. I know I have the Sione Mata'Utia write up there and it suggests moving him to the 2RF, but the fact is the team is so well balanced it isn't necessary. I am not a big fan on either of your FRF reserves as I wrote up, but I can certainly see value in AFB. I would maybe just look elsewhere instead of Kaufusi. Although there doesn't seem to be many options in and around the $200k specific mark for FRF's around that price maybe you could also look at Suaia Matagi if starting. (Though he has had games around 40 minutes and even a 60 minute game last season where to be honest he didn't seem to improve on his scoring. So it would be jumping out on a limb.) As well as Sam Hoare who could be picking up minutes in the Cowboys pack. (Although that is still also a logjam for all there bench players.)

Other than that, no real changes I can think of suggesting.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Also just a little side note on my reviews. The position breakdowns are going to address players, so are likely to be copy and paste notes from previous player breakdowns I have done. I will progressively add to my list of player breakdowns as different choices are selected. I usually skip over guns (i.e. C. Smith, S. Burgess, ect.), people everyone is running with (J. Hayne, R. Tuivasa-Scheck, ect.) and rookies at this stage. I primarily look at the mid-tier players, or players who may not be of value selecting.

So if you read a lot of the reviews I do on other teams there is a lot of crossover for where they have selected the same players. However the Overall comments will try and address the team itself and I will add questions I may have in that section. (So you can skip all the player breakdowns.)

Also if I do a breakdown of your team but don't address a certain player you were hoping I would look at or go into detail about, post up in the Fantasy thread asking for a player breakdown or pm me (Incase I skim over it in the fantasy thread.) and I will post it up.

BroncHose
    BroncHose

Post by BroncHose Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:40 pm

reposted from the other thread as a 'no smith' option

McInnes/Hodgson
    JBrom/JWall/Hoare/AFB
    Surgess/Bolton/SMat/KBrom/Stimson/BGray
    Johnson/Norman/Elgey/Hingano
    Whare/Idris/Scott/RJennings
    Holmes/RTS/Hayne/Pythian/JDrew

161K to spare - this is my 'buy Moneybags Cam fund' once he drops after a couple of rounds (I hope).

Forwards are real light on, but hopefully with a gun/near gun in each spot and making up for it with 2 x gun/near gun HOK & HLFs.

Thoughts...
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:45 pm

Smith, McInnes
    Graham, DSaifiti, Gurgess
    Surgess, ET, KBrom, SMat
    Norman, Lamb
    Whare, Idris
    RTS, Hayne, Slater

Lamb could become Morts and Saifiti/Gurgess maybe Mannah.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:47 am

Forgot this thread existed. So just reposting from the main thread.

So I scrapped my first team, and started again... So ill list what ive got and tell me what you think.

Smith (C) | Mortimer (R) (Im assuming here that Mortimer will start. If he doesnt, I will trade him out.)
    J. Brom | McGuire | Vave (R) | Wallace (R)
    K.Brom | J.Saifiti | S. Mata'utia | Capewell | Leilua | Lane
    Norman | Lamb | Hingano | Nona
    T.Trbo | Idris | Scott | R. Jennings
    Tedesco | RTS | Hayne | Slater (R) | Phythian

What do you think? Ive tried to pack a few guns in there. I read a post from someone (apologies, I cant remember who), and from what they wrote, have tried to pick a gun (or close to it) in each position. Thoughts?

You on Random? I big write up from you would be good. Shocked
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:24 pm

Sik wrote:Forgot this thread existed. So just reposting from the main thread.

So I scrapped my first team, and started again... So ill list what ive got and tell me what you think.

Smith (C) | Mortimer (R) (Im assuming here that Mortimer will start. If he doesnt, I will trade him out.)
    J. Brom | McGuire | Turgess (R) | Gurgess (R) (Once again, assuming both brothers start.)
    K.Brom | J.Saifiti | S. Mata'utia | Capewell | Leuluai | Stimson
    Norman | Lamb | Hingano | Nona
    T.Trbo | Idris | Scott | R. Jennings
    Tedesco | RTS | Hayne | Slater (R) | Phythian

What do you think? Ive tried to pack a few guns in there. I read a post from someone (apologies, I cant remember who), and from what they wrote, have tried to pick a gun (or close to it) in each position. Thoughts?

You on Random? I big write up from you would be good. Shocked

Hooker: Smith and Mortimer combo. No real thought changing analysis here. You know what you are getting with Smith obviously and Mortimer if he gets the start is a great pick for his price. You will have thought about the other likely options so do what you want here really.

FRF: One of the only teams I've seen running with JBrom. Like the pick as he had a bit of a dud finish to the year (for his standards) but I think he will pick back up to being a consistent 50+ scorer for the season. Has one of the higher floors with steady tackles, great work rate and high chance of minutes. McGuire again has been picked and analysed by many but looks to be one of the more common picks this year with the potential to play at lock (will you still pick him if he is just front row). Not a fan of the Turgess pick, but understand the Gurgess one at this stage. If Gurgess starts then for his price he looks a good option. Injury risk but you're obviously aware of that. Turgess meanwhile doesn't seem like he has much growth. He was starting last year and can't see any great reason for increased minutes so I think you will onyl get maybe a 50k price rise max out of him and even that depends on a good run. If you are stuck at that price range I would look at someone like JWH with more upside, AFB if he starts at Manly or look to downgrade completely and maybe upgrade the 2nd row

2rf: It's interesting here because I like your starters as options and don't have anything negative to say about them. I think they all represent great upside potential and should in my opinion make you some steady cash. I do however think you are light here. 2nd row has some big gun scorers and I think that you are limiting yourself with just having mid rangers with upside here. I know it doesn't really matter where you spend 450k for example as it gets you the same amount of points in whichever position but a $450k 2rf vs in your case WFB (not saying get rid of Teddy though) typically is more reliable for your points and having reliable big scorers helps for when your flashy backs have a dud game so you don't drop off too much. If McGuire doesn't get DPP then having mid rangers with nuffies is soo risky in my opinion. Even if you don't go with a legit gun in the Surgess/Manners type then even the mid 400k guys like Frizell, Gillet, Cartwright etc give you some semblance of a big gun scorer here.

Halves: Rate the Norman pick, gone with him myself. I think he will finish the season near the top of the halves scorers list. Looks sharp today even if it is just in the 9s. Lamb similarly is looking good and should have enough growth to even get you up to 400k before you pull an upgrade to a gun. No Elgey which is a change up, but Hingano and Nona are good potential cash cows but will likely need injuries to get the gigs. Room for improvement here at the bench level but no problem with the starters.

CTR: TTurbo could be a great POD. Has big scoring potential and with his hard running style with returns and the ability to link up from the back he should get good enough base stats that his floor isn't too low. Idris will feature everywhere, and expect to see Scott and Jennings also feature prominently so you are well aware of issues here. A great position to save some cash and besides spending on TTurbo which is worth it you are using the cash smartly.

WFB: Like the JBrom pick it is nice to see someone running with Teddy. Costly expenditure but is a game changer who can make or break your ranking for the week. Given his high cost this year I don't see him being as commonly once the first round starts so I expect him to have somewhat of a POD status for you. In saying that he probably represents your best area to save cash though so if you want to make large upgrades elsewhere without changing your team completely here is where you will probably do it. RTS, Hayne and Slater, like your cheap centres, will feature in many so no point discussing them. If you decide to downgrade Teddy for cash but still want a starter then guys like Holmes, Inglis, Dugan are nice options or even swap TTubro and run with someone like Chambers/Whare/Fergo are players I'd look at
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:34 pm

BroncHose wrote:reposted from the other thread as a 'no smith' option

McInnes/Hodgson
    JBrom/JWall/Hoare/AFB
    Surgess/Bolton/SMat/KBrom/Stimson/BGray
    Johnson/Norman/Elgey/Hingano
    Whare/Idris/Scott/RJennings
    Holmes/RTS/Hayne/Pythian/JDrew

161K to spare - this is my 'buy Moneybags Cam fund' once he drops after a couple of rounds (I hope).

Forwards are real light on, but hopefully with a gun/near gun in each spot and making up for it with 2 x gun/near gun HOK & HLFs.

Thoughts...

will hopefully remember to come back and do a full write up here, if I don't feel free to call me out or just pm me haha

But just for brief analysis for you,

-great POD hooker combo
    -love the JBrom pick for a huge gun POD
    -No issues with the halves, rate all 4 picks
    -very standard backs across both positions and I say that in a good way with all starters smart picks.
    -only question is why Scott Bolton???? Is a very basic mid ranger IMO who doesn't look to have much upside at all. Dud pick here IMO. Any mid rangers you want to be ones with money making potential as you can find a standard 30-35 pointer in most positions who is going to be consistent but you want the ones who will then close the gap price wise on the guns for you.
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:47 pm

Thanks beast. Great insight. I must have changed things as you were posting. I've changed Turgess and Gurgess out for Vave and Wallace.
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:51 pm

Sik wrote:Thanks beast. Great insight. I must have changed things as you were posting. I've changed Turgess and Gurgess out for Vave and Wallace.

no worries mate. Like the Wallace pick up in particular as someone who has a pretty good chance of stepping out of the current tier level and working their way in price
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:00 pm

Beast From The Big East wrote:

no worries mate. Like the Wallace pick up in particular as someone who has a pretty good chance of stepping out of the current tier level and working their way in price

What do you think of Vave? Should I try and squeeze JWH or similar in instead?
    Beast From The Big East
    Beast From The Big East

Post by Beast From The Big East Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:10 pm

Sik wrote:

What do you think of Vave? Should I try and squeeze JWH or similar in instead?

no great opinion either way on Vave. Priced as he should be so you are hoping he will either up his work rate or get increased minutes for him to imprive price for you. not that clued up on Para front row prospects but there is a fair few names there so may find big minutes hard to come by possibly but if you have some feel like it's his year then more power to you
    Sik
    Sik

Post by Sik Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Thanks beast. Must admit. Pretty happy with this squad as it stands. Will wait til TLT before i tinker anymore.

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:50 pm