NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by dasherhalo Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:32 pm

Ice wrote:

not sure if compliment or not cyclops pirat Question Neutral

Definitely a compliment. There's a way of supporting your team whole-heartedly, paying out on your enemies, and not being a dick, and you've got the balance right! Smile
    Pieman
    Pieman

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by Pieman Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:55 pm

dasherhalo wrote:

Definitely a compliment. There's a way of supporting your team whole-heartedly, paying out on your enemies, and not being a dick, and you've got the balance right! Smile

So are you calling me a dick?
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:12 pm

Pieman wrote:

yep you're providing the balance with the Bronco's supporters
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:36 am

Pieman wrote:

You reckon your post was aimed at others, not me. Yet back a page, I tried to give start up a genuine discussion on what you meant by "entitlement", and you replied with "This illustrates my point perfectly". Suspect

So, you're either talking to me, not talking to me, or were just having a rant and don't care who you're talking to as long as they're a Broncos supporter.

I don't care about the Broncos hate: it's as entertaining to "us" as it is to "you", but I do hate it when an obviously knowledgeable poster (judging by your posts on other topics) can't have a reasonable chat about the Broncos IN the Broncos forum, and instead resorts to tired old cliche.

So, yes, you're being a bit of a dick. I'd love to talk about the Broncos with non-Broncos fans on here without every single topic being derailed. It's boring. If you've got nothing to say about the Broncos in a footballing sense, can you at least get some new material? Sleep

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:45 am

Apologies in advance if I'm being precious. Smile
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:04 pm

dasherhalo wrote:

You reckon your post was aimed at others, not me. Yet back a page, I tried to give start up a genuine discussion on what you meant by "entitlement", and you replied with "This illustrates my point perfectly".  Suspect

So, you're either talking to me, not talking to me, or were just having a rant and don't care who you're talking to as long as they're a Broncos supporter.

I don't care about the Broncos hate: it's as entertaining to "us" as it is to "you", but I do hate it when an obviously knowledgeable poster (judging by your posts on other topics) can't have a reasonable chat about the Broncos IN the Broncos forum, and instead resorts to tired old cliche.

So, yes, you're being a bit of a dick. I'd love to talk about the Broncos with non-Broncos fans on here without every single topic being derailed. It's boring. If you've got nothing to say about the Broncos in a footballing sense, can you at least get some new material?  Sleep

Haha a little bit precious - the posts mostly come out of jealousy though I reckon. Its a bit of tall poppy syndrome for sure. I would love for Newcastle to have some of the advantages the bronco's have, and Newcastle fans feel they have a right to criticise Bennett coached teams now after having failed massively for 2 of the 3 seasons he was there. And especially with how the team is now.
    As a non-bronco's fan who lives in brissy, listening to mates talk about the bronco's and strangers on the train talking about it with each other etc, the bronco centric media here, its easy to get that entitled feeling, almost like spoiled brats. They feel they are entitled to win, and when they dont win, its never coz the other team was better.

I would also think that fans the team who we all know is going to be there at the pointy end of the season, would have thicker skin instead of taking everything personally.

Anyway, I dont take anything on here personally, no one should.

It is fun stirring up bronco fans tho lol

geek

dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:22 pm

I live in Cairns, not Brisbane. Visited a few weeks ago. I take your point... it's Broncos or nothing down there.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:35 pm

dasherhalo wrote:I live in Cairns, not Brisbane. Visited a few weeks ago. I take your point... it's Broncos or nothing down there.

I was shocked when I moved here.
    In NSW you get a bit of news on every team - here, you would think there is only 2 teams in the comp. The Bronco's and whoever the Bronco's are playing.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:39 pm

dasherhalo wrote:

This is what I don't get. Blokes like Pieman having a crack: there's always a reason why "Broncos fans are dicks". Maybe I expect too much out of an online forum, but I don't get why I can have a good conversation & debate about League with the most one-eyed supporters like Ice and Honeysett, but there's always guys like Pieman who whinge whether we're winning or losing.

There are certainly dickhead Broncos fans, as I'm sure there are from every team, but the amount of dickhead anti-Broncos posters seems to be doing a good job of balancing the books.

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 16 Profile_picture_by_stopityouplz-d6xnvms
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:17 pm

Surprised you could read it with your single blue-tinged eyeball Wink
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:19 pm

dasherhalo wrote:Surprised you could read it with your single blue-tinged eyeball Wink

On the weekends it's mainly Newcastle red Stoned

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:29 pm

SI wrote:

On the weekends it's mainly Newcastle red Stoned
    Thats because someone farted on his pillow.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:34 pm

Pieman wrote:

Haha a little bit precious - the posts mostly come out of jealousy though I reckon. Its a bit of tall poppy syndrome for sure. I would love for Newcastle to have some of the advantages the bronco's have, and Newcastle fans feel they have a right to criticise Bennett coached teams now after having failed massively for 2 of the 3 seasons he was there. And especially with how the team is now.
    As a non-bronco's fan who lives in brissy, listening to mates talk about the bronco's and strangers on the train talking about it with each other etc, the bronco centric media here, its easy to get that entitled feeling, almost like spoiled brats. They feel they are entitled to win, and when they dont win, its never coz the other team was better.

I would also think that fans the team who we all know is going to be there at the pointy end of the season, would have thicker skin instead of taking everything personally.

Anyway, I dont take anything on here personally, no one should.

It is fun stirring up bronco fans tho lol

geek

So in summary Pieman is aware he is being not just a dick but a jealous dick.

Also never knew you lived in Brissie Pieman!
    You sort of remind me of one of those rampantly homophobic blokes that constantly spew hate only because they are ashamed of being a (closet) homosexual also.
    Are you sure you aren't a closet Broncos supporter mate?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:51 pm

Not sure if it is posted but we could pick up Radradra if the Eels can't cheat the cap anymore. 

http://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/semi-has-shift-to-broncos-on-cards/3039919/

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:56 pm

Random wrote:Not sure if it is posted but we could pick up Radradra if the Eels can't cheat the cap anymore. 

http://m.sunshinecoastdaily.com.au/news/semi-has-shift-to-broncos-on-cards/3039919/

Where do I start?! Jesus. I will print that out and use it as toilet paper.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:57 pm

and here I thought the first comment would be about the salary cap.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:59 pm

Also Semi Radradra is the same age as me... what the fuck have I done with my life.  Sad

Post by Guest Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:00 pm

Random wrote:and here I thought the first comment would be about the salary cap.
    Ever wondered where the second set of books went? I flushed em.
    Tunza's Chin
    Tunza's Chin

Post by Tunza's Chin Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Milf to Pangai to score the match winner Twisted Evil
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:14 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

So in summary Pieman is aware he is being not just a dick but a jealous dick.

Also never knew you lived in Brissie Pieman!
    You sort of remind me of one of those rampantly homophobic blokes that constantly spew hate only because they are ashamed of being a (closet) homosexual also.
    Are you sure you aren't a closet Broncos supporter mate?

Only moved here recently.. Its not a bad city - would be great if it wasnt for all the queenslanders here.

Of course mate, what do you think "Pie" actually means?

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:33 am