NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Dip

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by Dip Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:15 pm

Jack Reed is out of tomorrow night's match with a recurrence of a shoulder injury. No news if it is long term or not. Greg Eden is in, personally I'd prefer Maranta. Yes that might be a bit like choosing between a poke in the left eye or a poke in the right eye, but Eden gets driven back 5 metres every tackle and as a result we start every set off the back foot.

Depending on whether you are a Broncos fan or a Broncos hater (ie, everyone else), this either means:
    a) We are missing a tier 1 international centre; or
    b) We are losing a player on not much more than minimum contract.

Either way, the idiot who sits behind me at matches and gives a non-stop running commentary of what every player should have done and what is wrong with the Broncos game plan, will be happy as Reed is to him what Ayshford is to Ryno.
    Dip

2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: 2016 Brisbane Broncos Resurrection Thread

Post by Dip Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:21 pm

Sorry, forgot to mention your point of view changes depending on whether you're talking about missing a match through injury, or fitting under the salary cap, or freeing up salary cap space if signed by another team.
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:04 pm

Dip wrote:Jack Reed is out of tomorrow night's match with a recurrence of a shoulder injury. No news if it is long term or not. Greg Eden is in, personally I'd prefer Maranta. Yes that might be a bit like choosing between a poke in the left eye or a poke in the right eye, but Eden gets driven back 5 metres every tackle and as a result we start every set off the back foot.

Depending on whether you are a Broncos fan or a Broncos hater (ie, everyone else), this either means:
    a) We are missing a tier 1 international centre; or
    b) We are losing a player on not much more than minimum contract.

Either way, the idiot who sits behind me at matches and gives a non-stop running commentary of what every player should have done and what is wrong with the Broncos game plan, will be happy as Reed is to him what Ayshford is to Ryno.

There can be no higher insult.

I dont know where the Reed hate comes from. One of, if not the best defensive centre in the league and Oates has scored 19 in 24 games playing outside him, so its not like he completely kills all attacking ambition down his side. Its just because he looks slow when he runs and is lacking a soul.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:45 pm

ryno_ wrote:

I dont know where the Reed hate comes from. One of, if not the best defensive centre in the league and Oates has scored 19 in 24 games playing outside him, so its not like he completely kills all attacking ambition down his side. Its just because he looks slow when he runs and is lacking a soul.

Yeah I reckon Reed is a good club centre. i don't think he's the standard of most origin centres, but wouldn't come with the price tag of them either. I reckon there's a few times he dummys when he should pass, but most centres do that, and he also throws some ripper passes too. I think people want him to throw it to Oates because he's a giant fast winger. I doubt many would have problems if he had Maranta or Eden outside him. Old mate behind me also likes to blame him for every time Milf misses a tackle or when McCullough passes it forward, or when Hodges did a hammy. I don't see those as being his fault.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:54 pm

Dip wrote:
    ryno_ wrote:

Yeah I reckon Reed is a good club centre. i don't think he's the standard of most origin centres, but wouldn't come with the price tag of them either. I reckon there's a few times he dummys when he should pass, but most centres do that, and he also throws some ripper passes too. I think people want him to throw it to Oates because he's a giant fast winger. I doubt many would have problems if he had Maranta or Eden outside him. Old mate behind me also likes to blame him for every time Milf misses a tackle or when McCullough passes it forward, or when Hodges did a hammy. I don't see those as being his fault.

Old mate sounds like you need to change your Members seats next year.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:57 pm

SI wrote:

Wont matter, I'll just request my seats to be right behind him like every other year.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:05 pm

SI wrote:

I would but you guys keep telling me all Broncos members are unreasonable pretentious arseholes anyway, so I'll just be moving to next to a different unreasonable pretentious arsehole. Besides, I'm pretty happy with my seats (on about the 30m line and close to the entrance to the members bar). I used to see if I could get closer to halfway each season, but for the last couple of years they've told me that to get 6 tickets together I'm waiting for older members to cancel their membership.
    Dip

Post by Dip Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:06 pm

Bren wrote:
    Wont matter, I'll just request my seats to be right behind him like every other year.

Haha. I didn't want to say what row I was in just in case old mate was a poster here.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:14 pm

Dip wrote:

Haha. I didn't want to say what row I was in just in case old mate was a poster here.
    Jack Reed is the reason why you cant get better seats.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:47 pm

Bren wrote:
    SI wrote:

Lol
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:44 am

Dip wrote:

Yeah my aunt does that aswell. There was one about 3 weeks ago where some 2nd rower ran inbetween Glenn and Milf for a line break and Reed made a tackle about 2m out and momentum carried them over the line. She was blasting Jack for being useless - like please. He did better then most other centres in the game just to get there - wasnt his fault the idiots inside him didnt make a tackle. Might be her behind you actually - shes a very handsome lady.

Dip

Post by Dip Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:53 am

Does your aunt look like an overgrown leprechaun? He also has a small child with him. Is that you?
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:37 am

Dip wrote: Does your aunt look like an overgrown leprechaun? He also has a small child with him. Is that you?

It almost could be my aunt and niece. Go to every game. Both would pass as a guy if you werent looking closely. If she starts furiously masturbating when Parker runs on, id say its almost definitely her.
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:39 am

ryno_ wrote:

It almost could be my aunt and niece. Go to every game. Both would pass as a guy if you werent looking closely. If she starts furiously masturbating when Parker runs on, id say its almost definitely her.  

That doesn't narrow it down whatsoever.
    ryno_
    ryno_

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:46 am

Oz Sport Mad wrote:

That doesn't narrow it down whatsoever.

Does it smell like fish or asparagus? That should narrow the field somewhat.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:57 pm

So.. how to we explain the possible signing of Segyaro?
    With no way around it - he is one of the most expensive hookers in the game.

Not trolling, genuinely interested as to how the Bronco's could even consider fitting him in.

Post by Guest Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:17 pm

Pieman wrote:So.. how to we explain the possible signing of Segyaro?
    With no way around it - he is one of the most expensive hookers in the game.

Not trolling, genuinely interested as to how the Bronco's could even consider fitting him in.

Broncos havent signed him yet it is just rumour. IF we do sign him without letting anyone go then questions have to be asked. Simple.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:31 pm

Bren wrote:
    Broncos havent signed him yet it is just rumour. IF we do sign him without letting anyone go then questions have to be asked. Simple.

Thats why I said Possible signing mate.
    Will be very interesting if it happens.

If it does happen and someone on big money isnt released, the NRL should see it as a slap in the face. Total and utter disregard for the way the salary cap and TPA's were meant to operate.
    If say, Gillett is gone, then fine but.. yeh.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:51 am

Laughing we can find room in the cap for a rocks & diamonds hooker running around in reserve grade without releasing an origin star, if the rumours are accurate and K-Nik (Storm), Reed (SL), Maranta (Reds), Eden (Castleford) are all on the way out, there's enough money in there for him going forward, hell, K-Nik and Reed would cover it...

As for this year, fuck Eden off early (he wouldn't have moved halfway around the world for chump change), pool that with whatever we have left over from the Timu/Grienke releases minus Pangai's cost and tell the Panthers to foot the rest of the bill, if they are as want to move him on as they are said to be.

Post by Guest Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:24 am

i have some time to kill before E3 press conferences, so lets math it out (as much as can be mathed when i'm guessing at salaries) -

this link from NRL.com - Understanding mid-season player moves - suggests players are payed monthly starting from November, now if we include all of June, our players have been payed 8 months of their contracts or 66.6r%.

Let's say the bottom of our top 25 has a few min. wagers kicking around... minimum wage is $82,500, our players have yet to earn approximately 33% of their salary, which is around $27,225 for our hypothetical minimum wagers...

Now, Segeyaro signed his latest contract extension in 2013, when he was still a utility & for another season after signing aswell, lets say his current contract is running 400k per season, so covering the 33% of pay left on his current contract that he would play for us, works out to $132,000.

So now i'll work with transfers that have definitely been made, before i start throwing around hypothetical transfers. We know Timu & Grienke have been moved on, and we know Pangai has come into the squad -

Let's start with Timu - highly rated before his mormon mission and we had to fight off interest from union to sign him up in the first place, so lets say 175k, we let him go at the start of April, so he spent 5 months with us, so 41% of his contract, which would would mean we freed up 59% or $103,500, of course we would then have to pay a minimum wager 59%, or $48,675, to replace him, so that's a saving of around $55,000

Now Grienke - long time U-20's captain who jumped straight into captaincy at Norths in the ISC, so we'll say 125k, left in May, so played half his contract... we save $62,500 but pay a min. wager to take his place at $41,750, so around $20,000 savings

Pangai - highly rated U-20's player, with junior kangaroo honours, lets place him at 150k, now i know some of you are about to throw a shit-fit at that number and shout 'bias' from the rooftops, but i think i have enough information to place it as such - A) he started out his Broncos life in the U-20's which has a salary cap of $350,000, which if we were paying out the arse for him would simply not be possible & B) the reigning u-20's player of the year, Ash Taylor, is on under 200k at the Titans (Gold Coast rookie Ash Taylor proving a steal for the Titans) & that's for a highly rated kid in one of the most important positions on the field. So Pangai joined us starting from March, so we're paying 66% of his contract, or 100k, he takes the place of a min wager who'd we'd be paying $55,000, so adds 45k to the cap.

So by my calculations, that's $30,000 to play with (also keep in mind that we supposedly saved even more near the start of the contract year because we were going to pay Copley more than we ended up paying Roberts)

in my hypothetical, we let Eden go - we brought him halfway round the world with the "English Billy Slater" tag (however undeserved), so i'm gunna call it 175k, we'd be saving 33% of his cap, so $57,750 - minus the min wager that would replace him, so around 30k.

we take that 60k+ & the extra $27,775 we can pay to replace our min wager, and go "hey Panthers, we can take him off your hands, all you gotta do is pay the difference between what we have and the $132k you'd be paying him to play reserve grade", bingo bango, we have Seggy for this year, then we have 4 months to worry about how we'll work in a full, upgraded contract moving forward.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 6:51 am