NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2

Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2

Post by Jele Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:51 am

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:

Cheers BB on paper I should get through to next round unless he has a ton of cash in reserve rabbit

Good stuff. How are the other sportal matchups looking?
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2

Post by Pacey's Best Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:08 pm

I've got a tough matchup, but they're probably all tough.

We only have 5 unique players in our 17. The 3rd fullback and the 4 reserves;

Me                       Him
    J.Bird                 J.Mansour
    J.Friend              J.Bromwich
    P.Gallen              C.Parker
    R.James             B.Cartwright
    E.Whitehead      B.Barba/J.Thurston

Outside of those players his only depth is D.Saifiti and S.Vunivalu whereas I have S.Taukieaho, E.Aitken, D.Fusitua and T.Lolohea so it might be good for me if there is a surprise withdrawal of one of the Guns this week ( which you never know )

I'm not confident at all. All 5 matchups can go either way. I am worried about C.Parker this week. With NO McGuire, Thaiday and Gillett, Parker should play big minutes and go back to his scoring best. I'm just hoping Gallen and James play more minutes and Whitehead won't come up with that many mistakes again as last round.

I've got enough to trade D.Fusitua to B.Morris. B.Morris plays Dragons and Knights in the next 2 rounds and could bag a handful of tries but it's also likely that using J.Bird will be good enough anyway as the Sharks play Titans, Raiders, Dragons and Rabbitohs in the next 4 games and is in great form. Also keeping D.Fusitua might be worth it, whilst saving that trade for any major injuries to a gun, the Warriors last 4 games are 3 at home to Rabbitohs, Tigers and Eels in which any one of those could be big wins with Fusitua scoring well.

I'm leaning towards saving that trade and hoping to sneak through this week.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:39 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:I've got a tough matchup, but they're probably all tough.

We only have 5 unique players in our 17. The 3rd fullback and the 4 reserves;

Me                                 Him
    J.Bird                         J.Mansour
    J.Friend                      J.Bromwich
    P.Gallen                      C.Parker
    R.James                     B.Cartwright
    E.Whitehead             B.Barba/J.Thurston

Outside of those players his only depth is D.Saifiti and S.Vunivalu whereas I have S.Taukieaho, E.Aitken, D.Fusitua and T.Lolohea so it might be good for me if there is a surprise withdrawal of one of the Guns this week ( which you never know )

I'm not confident at all. All 5 matchups can go either way. I am worried about C.Parker this week. With NO McGuire, Thaiday and Gillett, Parker should play big minutes and go back to his scoring best. I'm just hoping Gallen and James play more minutes and Whitehead won't come up with that many mistakes again as last round.

I've got enough to trade D.Fusitua to B.Morris. B.Morris plays Dragons and Knights in the next 2 rounds and could bag a handful of tries but it's also likely that using J.Bird will be good enough anyway as the Sharks play Titans, Raiders, Dragons and Rabbitohs in the next 4 games and is in great form. Also keeping D.Fusitua might be worth it, whilst saving that trade for any major injuries to a gun, the Warriors last 4 games are 3 at home to Rabbitohs, Tigers and Eels in which any one of those could be big wins with Fusitua scoring well.

I'm leaning towards saving that trade and hoping to sneak through this week.

That trade could be vital PB, however your right its a tough match up - Parker plays tonight so at least you will know at games end if you need to panic or not, his Cartwright and Barba are the wildcards as I see it both of em can be Heros or Zeros on any given week.

P.S I know as I have em, My biggest disappointment this season has been my Milford trade, my opponent and I both have him however I dont think I am going to have him in my 17 be may very well bury me.

Last edited by Aardvark Ratnick on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:48 pm

Well I have no hope. Lucky to get this far I think.

An indication. If PODene doesn't play (as seems likely) then I have to play two out of Packer, Asiata,
    Su'A (van he start tonighy please) or Copley. Air Quote

And they have just about all the best scoring forwards.
    If I had more than one trade left I'd trade PODene for Buhrer. Suppose that takes the weight off my shoulders wondering how to burn my last trade. Might also mean a potential extra 30 points. But I've won 3 rounds of this by less than 30 pionts Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:01 pm

OK, I am too far back to win and out of the eliminator, so just playing for a bit of shits and giggles.

What should I do with this team

Smith Friend
    Graham Surgess Parker (Packer)
    Merrin Mannering Cartwright Taylor (Pauli Asiata)
    Johnson Cleary (Thurston Mbye)
    Aitken Harris (S'ua Scott)
    Tedesco Munster Barba (Dugan French)

9 trades and $188k in the bank, so plenty of scope to do something, maybe try and jag a weekly. Anyone I should bring in for the run home?
    Gallen/Fifita the obvious choices, anyone else I'm missing that I might want to chuck in there
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:24 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    OK, I am too far back to win and out of the eliminator, so just playing for a bit of shits and giggles.

Smith Friend

9 trades and $188k in the bank, so plenty of scope to do something, maybe try and jag a weekly. Anyone I should bring in for the run home?
    Gallen/Fifita the obvious choices, anyone else I'm missing that I might want to chuck in there

Thats a strong squad Milchy , very impressed ya have 9 Trades left and that much cash as well with such a good team cheer , not sure what you can do other than those you have mentioned maybe Lolo ,Lowe or Gooper but I am just throwing stuff at you that you already know, easy to see how you took out the Eliminator last year.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:41 pm

Well I gave up on bye planning to concentrate on eliminator, which is why I have trades left, but I bombed out early from eliminator, which is a shame, as if I was still alive I'd be in a decent position for another shot at the title.
    And I'm 1000 points behind the leader, so no chance of winning, guess I just pick a random captain who might go large each week and hope for the best with the weekly.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:11 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Well I gave up on bye planning to concentrate on eliminator, which is why I have trades left, but I bombed out early from eliminator, which is a shame, as if I was still alive I'd be in a decent position for another shot at the title.
    And I'm 1000 points behind the leader, so no chance of winning, guess I just pick a random captain who might go large each week and hope for the best with the weekly.

Glad your not alive , take that as a compliment as intended - if you were back to back titles would be at short odds.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:47 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Smith Friend

Who's your fourth reserve with JT out?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:54 pm

jelejasof wrote:

Who's your fourth reserve with JT out?

I decided to take a punt on trading Gallen in this week (otherwise it would have been Mbye)
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:59 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I decided to take a punt on trading Gallen in this week (otherwise it would have been Mbye)

Ah ok, was going to suggest using two trades to bring in Fifita for Packer. Bought Gallen straight after origin and he's been disappointing.
    Jele
    Jele

Post by Jele Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:07 pm

By the way, i was going to implore everyone in L1 or Bullbender's league to keep at it. Have never been part of such high ranking leagues before.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:49 pm

Looks like B.Thompson is back playing today as B.Afoa is playing Holden Cup. I can trade E.Whitehead to B.Thompson and I'm thinking of doing just that.
    I feel Whitehead ( while a good player is at a severe disadvantage with that hog B.Austin in the side whereas S.Johnson trusts and USES B.Thompson a lot more.

Team lists will come out soon so got some time to think about it.....
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:00 pm

jelejasof wrote:By the way, i was going to implore everyone in L1 or Bullbender's league to keep at it. Have never been part of such high ranking leagues before.

Hey jelesof. It looks like everyone is still playing in L1, but Hench has stopped playing in BB's league, which is NOT a surprise.
    Simon Templar
    Simon Templar

Post by Simon Templar Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:03 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:Looks like B.Thompson is back playing today as B.Afoa is playing Holden Cup. I can trade E.Whitehead to B.Thompson and I'm thinking of doing just that.
    I feel Whitehead ( while a good player is at a severe disadvantage with that hog B.Austin in the side whereas S.Johnson trusts and USES B.Thompson a lot more.

Team lists will come out soon so got some time to think about it.....

Sounds like a good plan Pacey. Will make it even harder for me to beat you in our L1 h2h match. lol
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:29 pm

Should I cover my opponent in the Eliminator ? he has Capt SJ who I also own or stick with Rule #1 ?
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:35 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Should I cover my opponent in the Eliminator ? he has Capt SJ who I also  own or stick with Rule #1 ?

That's a tough one AR. I went against rule No 1 last week and captained R.James for a 38 while majority went with Smith and a 74. That's not to say that S.johnson will flop like James did last week as I'm expecting Johnson to score well v the Panthers but for me after what happened last week I've stuck with rule No 1 but so has my Eliminator opponent which makes the decision easier for me.

Tough call AR. Good luck which ever way you go.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:40 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

That's a tough one AR. I went against rule No 1 last week and captained R.James for a 38 while majority went with Smith and a 74. That's not to say that S.johnson will flop like James did last week as I'm expecting Johnson to score well v the Panthers but for me after what happened last week I've stuck with rule No 1 but so has my Eliminator opponent which makes the decision easier for me.

Tough call AR. Good luck which ever way you go.

Gonna stick with Smith PB always been a conservative kinda guy.Thx for reply and good luck too mate.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:Should I cover my opponent in the Eliminator ? he has Capt SJ who I also  own or stick with Rule #1 ?

Its too late for this week, but if your going for the eliminator, then it depends on your othe rmatchups.

If you have them covered with your PODs, then matching their captain keeps things in your favour. If they are ahead then you need to find something to make up the difference so a different captain is the way to go.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:50 pm

jelejasof wrote:By the way, i was going to implore everyone in L1 or Bullbender's league to keep at it. Have never been part of such high ranking leagues before.

Most blokes round here have a go till the end. Some of us aren't great, but we aren't quitters. We usually do OK in the leagues so stick around for next year. BB was warned to dump Hench after his perma ban before the season and has already stated if he had the time again ...... missed opportunity.

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 2:26 am