NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2

Thickshake
    Thickshake

Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2

Post by Thickshake Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:03 pm

That's a handy start. Couple more of those BJ (sorry Pacey!)
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2

Post by Thickshake Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:35 pm

Omg. What is happening, one more of those from captain BJ and I might just have the W.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Up by 6 points before updates. If I stay up it's incredibly lucky.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:02 pm

Thickshake wrote:Up by 6 points before updates. If I stay up it's incredibly lucky.

Good to hear mate, best of luck for the updates.

As for me, YEP, I have just lost the unloseable eliminator 763-789

Fcuk you;

J.Bird 13
    C.Munster 20
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:53 pm

Updates are in. BJ up to 63. Well done Thickshake.

Ended up losing my Eliminator 770-800 ( 30 point margin ).

As it turned out, when P.Gallen withdrew on Saturday night, my AE was already done with D.Fusitua's 26 with only J.Croker left in my NPR's and his only NPR playing was J.Saifiti who was named starting lock.
    I guess it was after 1.00pm when team lists came out and Sione Mata'utai was put at lock, pushing J.Saifiti back to the bench that he made ( what turned out to be a great move ).
    He sold
    C.Munster ( how the fcuk did he know that Munster would stink it up so bad )---->S.Matautai
    and upgraded his AE from J.Saifiti----->J.Taumololo.

This move gained him an extra 33 points which made the difference in the end.

Kudo's to him for such a ballsy move, but I for one have said ever since it started that I fucken HATE rolling lockout.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:40 am

Pacey's Best wrote:Updates are in. BJ up to 63. Well done Thickshake.

Ended up losing my Eliminator 770-800 ( 30 point margin ).

As it turned out, when P.Gallen withdrew on Saturday night, my AE was already done with D.Fusitua's 26 with only J.Croker left in my NPR's and his only NPR playing was J.Saifiti who was named starting lock.
    I guess it was after 1.00pm when team lists came out and Sione Mata'utai was put at lock, pushing J.Saifiti back to the bench that he made ( what turned out to be a great move ).
    He sold
    C.Munster ( how the fcuk did he know that Munster would stink it up so bad )---->S.Matautai
    and upgraded his AE from J.Saifiti----->J.Taumololo.

This move gained him an extra 33 points which made the difference in the end.

Kudo's to him for such a ballsy move, but I for one have said ever since it started that I fucken HATE rolling lockout.

Ouch. Pretty inspired move I guess. I got up by 7 in the end, keeping BJ in reserve as an extra POD if behind coming into Monday night ended up saving me. Actually all decisions I made over the weekend sorta worked out. Ended up bringing in mansour after tossing up between Inglis, Hayne, Gallen and Dugan all week, would have lost with any of the others. Was still behind due to cartwrights stinker, so next decision was who out of Tohu and Munster to ditch in order to bring in BJ. Figured Munster had a lower score in him. Was spewing when Tohu was off in the first half for a concussion test, but in the end the 20-odd points extra from Tohu made the difference. The other factor was captaining BJ instead of sticking with captain Cam as my opponent did. Extra 9 points there was also decisive. Any of those things didn't go in my favour and I would have been done. Very very lucky.

Now though. Will be keen to see who my matchup is. Had 20 players this week, with the worst on averages being Ma'u, TTurbo and Barba I guess. Have lost Teddy and TTurbo, but should still have depth. Hoping that James misses and Gallen isn't back, as I have neither. I have one trade left, and not much cash. Will probably keep that up my sleeve and see how the weekend unfolds.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:04 am

Also, thinking this might be the week that Smith gets a rest, with a weak Manly side and a 5 day break, that would be a serious depth tester.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:50 am

Thickshake wrote:Also, thinking this might be the week that Smith gets a rest, with a weak Manly side and a 5 day break, that would be a serious depth tester.

Agreed. Definitely on the cards. He starts I reckon but may not get more than 40.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:33 am

Managed to go from last in the eliminator rankings to first. Will play one of the bottom 4 ranked teams, out of For Fekis Sake, CANTWEARSHORTS, LIVERPOOL KISS, and Yeah Yeah Geh Geh. Would prefer Yeah Yeah, has Teddy, TTurbo, G Bird, Gallen and James in the 17 and only Roache and Crichton for cover (also has at least one other team in the comp I discovered). Next preference Liverpool Kiss, and I definitely don't want to play Can'twearshorts, very strong 18 with only Teddy from the weekends casualties. Bird mans Bullets are similarly strong, so I'm hoping those two teams might draw each other. Would love to know how many trades everyone else has.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:51 am

Thickshake wrote:Managed to go from last in the eliminator rankings to first. Will play one of the bottom 4 ranked teams, out of For Fekis Sake, CANTWEARSHORTS, LIVERPOOL KISS, and Yeah Yeah Geh Geh. Would prefer Yeah Yeah, has Teddy, TTurbo, G Bird, Gallen and James in the 17 and only Roache and Crichton for cover (also has at least one other team in the comp I discovered). Next preference Liverpool Kiss, and I definitely don't want to play Can'twearshorts, very strong 18 with only Teddy from the weekends casualties. Bird mans Bullets are similarly strong, so I'm hoping those two teams might draw each other. Would love to know how many trades everyone else has.

For Feki's Sake is a bloke in Legends.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:23 pm

Thickshake wrote:Managed to go from last in the eliminator rankings to first. Will play one of the bottom 4 ranked teams, out of For Fekis Sake, CANTWEARSHORTS, LIVERPOOL KISS, and Yeah Yeah Geh Geh. Would prefer Yeah Yeah, has Teddy, TTurbo, G Bird, Gallen and James in the 17 and only Roache and Crichton for cover (also has at least one other team in the comp I discovered). Next preference Liverpool Kiss, and I definitely don't want to play Can'twearshorts, very strong 18 with only Teddy from the weekends casualties. Bird mans Bullets are similarly strong, so I'm hoping those two teams might draw each other. Would love to know how many trades everyone else has.

I'm not 100% sure but I think this is how it works

According to the rankings for last round, it should be this

1. 849 Caramel Thickshake
    2. 834 Brett's 1
    3. 826 Tmans Team ( I remember as a regular on Sportal )
    4. 822 Birdman's Bullets
    5. 800 Liverpool Kiss
    6. 774 For Feki's Sake
    7. 765 Can't Wear Shorts
    8. 742 Yeah Yeah Geh Geh

From there it should be;

1 v 8
    2 v 7
    3 v 6
    4 v 5

so it should be;  

Caramel Thickshake vs Yeah Yeah Geh Geh

Best of luck mate...............
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:34 pm

Eliminator is random matchups between top half rankings and bottom half rankings (unless they've changed it from last year)

So Thickshake has 4 potential opponents, that will likely get decided overnight sometime
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Eliminator is random matchups between top half rankings and bottom half rankings (unless they've changed it from last year)

So Thickshake has 4 potential opponents, that will likely get decided overnight sometime

Thanks Milchcow. I wasn't sure.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:05 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Yep, that's still how it worked, but I was lucky enough to draw Yeah Yeah Geh Geh anyway. The two strongest looking teams IMO drew each other, Birdmans Bullets and CANTWEARSHORTS.

My matchup is

Him vs me

James vs De Belin
    Gallen vs JTurbo
    G Bird vs Bunt
    Crichton/Roache vs BJ

He has Teddy to trade (as do I), so Crichton/Roache might be the depth if he has trades left. Obviously hoping James is suspended and Gallen is injured. Was Greg Bird injured on the weekend? Any chance of missing? I have Barba and Ma'u as depth, might use Barba instead of TTurbo if I get behind early, but otherwise will probably neutralise his TTurbo.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:11 pm

Thickshake wrote:

Yep, that's still how it worked, but I was lucky enough to draw Yeah Yeah Geh Geh anyway. The two strongest looking teams IMO drew each other, Birdmans Bullets and CANTWEARSHORTS.

My matchup is

Him vs me

James vs De Belin
    Gallen vs JTurbo
    G Bird vs Bunt
    Crichton/Roache vs BJ

He has Teddy to trade (as do I), so Crichton/Roache might be the depth if he has trades left. Obviously hoping James is suspended and Gallen is injured. Was Greg Bird injured on the weekend? Any chance of missing? I have Barba and Ma'u as depth, might use Barba instead of TTurbo if I get behind early, but otherwise will probably neutralise his TTurbo.

Looks like a pretty reasonable matchup, might be worth trying to hold the trade. Presumably with not much depth he'll be looking to loophole.

Worth noting at this stage of the eliminator, your opponent will probably be checking up on you and your team too, including anything you post on this forum. We can post up our thoughts but you should keep your cards close to your chest. if you have any specific questions, you should PM them.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:04 am

My matchup is still hanging in the balance. I decided not to captain smith because his James dominated my Bunt and I was hoping to make up ground with my captain choice (and a possible second half rest for Cam). Didn't happen, but luckily he bought Fusitua in for Teddy and got 8. I'm 176 behind with De Belin, BJ and Barba vs his Gallen. I need to choose a captain out of De Belin, Fifita, Surgess, or last weeks saviour BJ, probably need a 60-70+ from whoever I choose.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:10 am

Thickshake wrote:My matchup is still hanging in the balance. I decided not to captain smith because his James dominated my Bunt and I was hoping to make up ground with my captain choice (and a possible second half rest for Cam). Didn't happen, but luckily he bought Fusitua in for Teddy and got 8. I'm 176 behind with De Belin, BJ and Barba vs his Gallen. I need to choose a captain out of De Belin, Fifita, Surgess, or last weeks saviour BJ, probably need a 60-70+ from whoever I choose.
    What is his AE if Gallen doesn't play?
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Thickshake wrote:My matchup is still hanging in the balance. I decided not to captain smith because his James dominated my Bunt and I was hoping to make up ground with my captain choice (and a possible second half rest for Cam). Didn't happen, but luckily he bought Fusitua in for Teddy and got 8. I'm 176 behind with De Belin, BJ and Barba vs his Gallen. I need to choose a captain out of De Belin, Fifita, Surgess, or last weeks saviour BJ, probably need a 60-70+ from whoever I choose.

choice still live or did you go BJ? JDB probably the safest choice (although some people are questioning whether LAM's return will affect his minutes: I don't think so). But I'd go Fifita, with has the better chance to go big.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:53 pm

SI wrote:
    What is his AE if Gallen doesn't play?

Roaches 29 or Crichton.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:55 pm

jelejasof wrote:

choice still live or did you go BJ?  JDB probably the safest choice (although some people are questioning whether LAM's return will affect his minutes: I don't think so).  But I'd go Fifita, with has the better chance to go big.

Sticking with my Thursday preference of JDB. If he hits 60 our scores will be level with my Barba and his Gallen to come. 70 would be nice, and some Positive BJ updates.

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:22 pm