NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2

standard-issue
    standard-issue

Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2

Post by standard-issue Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:24 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:
    Pacey's Best wrote:

Not sure whether I can get through either. The last thing I wanted was golden point when he has C.Smith as captain and sure enough Smith picked up an extra 14 points.

The equation now is him at 527 with K.Hurrell, G.Cooper, E.Taylor, J.Mansour and T.Merrin to come
    and
    I have 443 with B.Thompson, S.Mannering, R.James, J.Friend and T.Merrin (cpt) to go.

What a difference a day makes.
    He is now on 691 with Mansour and Merrin to go and
    I'm on 798 with Friend and Merrin (cpt).
    Shocked  

Good stuff.  I've lost the un-loseable Eliminator before in a similar situation, but your lead is surely insurmountable.
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: Dream Team Virtual Sports Sports Deck 2016 part 2

Post by lloosemcgoose Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:08 am

Pacey's Best wrote:

Good luck mate with chasing down those leaders. I can't get there, too far away now and for the last few weeks, almost every trade upgrade I've made, the leader has made the same upgrade a week later ( he must've been watching me ) and I've only got 3 players different in our top 17. You have a much better chance with a variety of great POD's. I have good depth, so have been hoping for the usual string of late season injuries, suspensions or resting of players ( I mean you Smith ) but not to be.

GO GET EM MATE...........

aww don't know about that, some POD captain choices could do the trick. Scores seem to vary alot more in DT too. You should have a real shot at the eliminator though, your the highest rank left I believe (Especially after bodene-killing it!)

sitting at 950 with Merrin and Cleary to go so should hopefully catch a little bit up this week I hope

Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:35 am

I need Cordner to be a late withdrawal, even than I would only scrap through unless Mansour can go huge tonight.

Gonski - got hammered 1076 - 962, hope your still flying the Flag PB.
    Jele
    Jele

NFL Fantasy L1 Champion : 2019
    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2020

Post by Jele Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:22 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:I need Cordner to be a late withdrawal, even than I would only scrap through unless Mansour can go huge tonight.

mate, that's hard luck. but a score of 1076 would have beaten everyone else I'm sure.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Fantasy Fanatics VSDT Overall Group Winner : 2016

Post by Pacey's Best Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:48 pm

Aardvark Ratnick wrote:I need Cordner to be a late withdrawal, even than I would only scrap through unless Mansour can go huge tonight.

Yea, got through 1024-850. This week playing Liverpool Kiss who scored 1026 last week. We only have 5 players different and he has (NO) 18th man (assuming he has no trades left,that might be an advantage).

Me                                          Him
    J.Graham                            J.Bromwich
    E.Aitken/J.Croker                   B.J.Leilua
    J.Bird/D.Fusitua                     J.Mansour
    Bench
    J.Friend/S.Taukeiaho            A.McCullough
    B.Thompson                          J.DeBelin

The only 2 players I was worried about were J.Mansour (vs Newcastle) and J.DeBelin and he has both. I still have 2 trades and could go either;

J.Bowen----------->$119200
    S.Taukeiaho------->J.DeBelin
    or
    D.Fusitua---------->J.Mansour

but there's probably no point in that now. We both captained Merrin last week, so captain choice this week will be crucial and his vc choice is crucial as he is able to loophole with only
    17 players.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:35 pm

jelejasof wrote:

mate, that's hard luck.  but a score of 1076 would have beaten everyone else I'm sure.

Never mind, few under performers who I tip will go big this weekend - thems the breaks.............good luck PB will be cheering you on mate you deserve this cheer cheer cheer

Just notice he is Rank #1 in Eliminator so yeah JJ your right.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Hey, haven't posted much before, mostly a lurker, but still hanging on in the eliminator. Tough matchup this week, differences are

Them        Me
    Graham    JTurbo
    Borris       Bunt
    James      Inglis/Dugan/Gallen/Hayne/Buhrer (depending which I decide to trade in)
    Bromwich   Cartwright
    Aitken       Barba

I also have BJ, TTurbo and Ma'u as options I can chuck in if I need to create more POD's. He has Cullen, Afoa and French as backup, so a late withdrawal or two would be handy. Have snuck through a couple of rounds by loopholing good vc scores, so happy to stick with that tactic if I get behind. Probably the underdog, but could be a good contest.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:38 pm

Thickshake wrote:Hey, haven't posted much before, mostly a lurker, but still hanging on in the eliminator. Tough matchup this week, differences are

Good going and good luck also.
    Is your team name Caramel Thickshake??
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:19 pm

Good luck boys in the eliminator

actually might have a shot at the top, 270 pts in 4 weeks? will probs give it another week before i start doing some crazy moves but am seriously considering Captain cleary this week
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:35 pm

code delta wrote:

Good going and good luck also.
    Is your team name Caramel Thickshake??

Yeah that's me. Thanks. Pretty much screwed already with Bunt and JTurbo getting smashed by Borris and Graham. Ended up bringing in mansour, who I'll vc against the knights and hope for something huge to get me back in the running. Need Barba to do well tonight also.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:15 pm

lloosemcgoose wrote:Good luck boys in the eliminator

actually might have a shot at the top, 270 pts in 4 weeks? will probs give it another week before i start doing some crazy moves but am seriously considering Captain cleary this week

Damn, You and I are the only ones in the top 7 overall with R.James. You idiot James................................
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:18 am

Did you get Gallen out in time Pacey?  And did your opponent get him out?
    lloosemcgoose
    lloosemcgoose

Post by lloosemcgoose Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:41 am

Spewing, work got busy and missed the sharks update, that's toutais 12 coming into my side Sad, combined with milf's 95 on the bench im ropeable atm, though with johnson + bodene = james+ toutai luckily shouldn't be fatal but damn, spewing.

@Paceys best- for sure, hopefully he only gets a week on the sideline(if he does get charged), I thought it was more incedential connection rather that an intentional swinging arm, though the way they seem to facctor injury in has me concerened

as a side note though, does give a greater pod opportunity with teddy gone

Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:53 pm

SI wrote:Did you get Gallen out in time Pacey?  And did your opponent get him out?

No mate, neither of us did. I've got Fusitua's 26 as an AE ( thank goodness I've also got Lolohea, but he's a -2 ). His AE will be J.Saifiti who plays today.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:36 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

Yea, got through 1024-850. This week playing Liverpool Kiss who scored 1026 last week. We only have 5 players different and he has (NO) 18th man (assuming he has no trades left,that might be an advantage).

Me                                                    Him
    J.Graham                                      J.Bromwich
    E.Aitken/J.Croker                             B.J.Leilua
    J.Bird/D.Fusitua                               J.Mansour
    Bench
    J.Friend/S.Taukeiaho                      A.McCullough
    B.Thompson                                    J.DeBelin

The only 2 players I was worried about were J.Mansour (vs Newcastle) and J.DeBelin and he has both. I still have 2 trades and could go either;

J.Bowen----------->$119200
    S.Taukeiaho------->J.DeBelin
    or
    D.Fusitua---------->J.Mansour

but there's probably no point in that now. We both captained Merrin last week, so captain choice this week will be crucial and his vc choice is crucial as he is able to loophole with only
    17 players.

With only 5 players different in my Eliminator (as above), I started with J.Graham 85 while he started with A.McCullough 31 and Cpt S.Johnson 30x2 (60).
    How can I lose it from there ??
    SI, you mentioned last week about the unloseable eliminator and I think I might join that club.
    I have a 37 point lead ( before updates ) with C.Munster and he has B.J.Leilua and J.Bromwich.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:10 pm

C'mon mrMunster. Time to pump out one of those 90 point games. bounce
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:47 am

Lucky for me Thurston didn't get above positive this round. I couldn't sub Gallen out of my team, so will get an AE.

At least it will be Asiata's 17 rather than Thurston's -1.

I guess this is one of those times I was lucky they don't have ranked reserves, because Thurston would likely have been first cab off the rank.
    Thickshake
    Thickshake

Post by Thickshake Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:30 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

With only 5 players different in my Eliminator (as above), I started with J.Graham 85 while he started with A.McCullough 31 and Cpt S.Johnson 30x2 (60).
    SI, you mentioned last week about the unloseable eliminator and I think I might join that club.
    I have a 37 point lead ( before updates ) with C.Munster and he has B.J.Leilua and J.Bromwich.

That's tough. I have been behind all weekend in my matchup, and am now down to my captain BJ vs his Munster/Tohu (depending which of those I emit from my centres to play BJ), Bromwich and Smith + 12 points. If his players hit their averages I need a 90+ from BJ, so I'm cooked.
    Pacey's Best
    Pacey's Best

Post by Pacey's Best Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:28 pm

Pacey's Best wrote:

I have a chance to swap J.Croker with T.Harris but doubt Croker can outscore Harris. Whichever way I go it'll be wrong, so don't know.................
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:56 pm

Don't swap and good luck.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:48 pm