NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

State of Origin Game 1

standard-issue
    standard-issue

State of Origin Game 1 - Page 13 Empty Re: State of Origin Game 1

Post by standard-issue Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:50 pm

Honeysett wrote:Also I thought you had to take the kick before the shot clock expired? When did the rule change?

Yeah that was a funny one. But I believe it is still up to the refs discretion-pretty sure the scrum clock is anyway. Which if true is a ridiculous rule because it just makes things even more subjective.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:28 am

Honeysett wrote:Also I thought you had to take the kick before the shot clock expired? When did the rule change?

Prettt sure it changed in Round 3 when it was first ignored
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:16 am

Well that was an incredibly dour affair, thought NSW were well on top upfront but just ran out of ideas and energy after doing all the work, getting them close and then watching Reynolds and Maloney fumbling about 10-15 yards out, thought they were both awful near the goal line, Maliney was gifted that TA by Cronk back-pedalling for no apparent reason! Friz still Needs to be there for JJ or Cordner I dont trust Carty in defence enough to see him there over Friz. Well done QLD and well done Archer, Bren and Ryno for winning part 1 of the bet
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:13 am

Fuck sake.

WD Qld. I still found it very entertaining, great clash.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:42 am

Tough game, not much footy played but sometimes that's origin

There shouldn't be any red controversy, the only questionable calls were all pretty standard nrl50/50 calls, it happens

Qld defended us very well in that second half and deserve it just on that

For nsw, honestly, we played alright, the pack all did their job, the right side D was solid as a rock, end of the day we lost by a penalty kick, it sucks but I don't think mass changes are needed

We tried to ball play more but while it looked dangerous early, Moylan sweep around the back become telegraphed later in the game, we needed some variety to threaten that edge

I thought arey was poor, if Pearce played like that he'd have people calling for his head, his kicking game in particular was fairly average and that is supposed to be his strength but Defs stick with him

The only change I'd make is swapping walker for a guy who might actually contribute, I feel for walker, i don't love the idea of a young player getting dropped after only getting ten minutes but it just highlights how bad the selection was in the 1st place

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:44 am

@Welshy - Looks like NSW were beaten by "dirty stinking inbred shit cunts" again.

Flip Off

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:45 am

Revraiser wrote:Fuck sake.

WD Qld. I still found it very entertaining, great clash.
    The best part was when Walker came on.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:01 am

Bren wrote:@Welshy - Looks like NSW were beaten by "dirty stinking inbred shit cunts" again.

Flip Off
    my wording was strong but I stick by it haha! Congrats on the win, always humble in defeat are the Welsh....it happens a fair bit
    Rippin and Tearin
    Rippin and Tearin

Post by Rippin and Tearin Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:05 am

From  a NZ perspective (without ties to any team) it really was a rubbish game to watch. I know they can't bring back the biff, and it really doesn't seem like these guys hate each other like it seemed they used to back in the good old days, but at the very least lets speed the game up: Enforce the fucken 10m and cut 1 second out of all the ground wrestling and I would think you have yourself a game that is 10 x more entertaining. Its probably not be the case, but when the game is so bloody slow it just looks like these guys are going through the motions.

Congrats QLD... AGAIN, but I can honestly say I probably won't watch game 2 - it's not worth staying up till midnight for over here on a week night when you have to get up for work.

Also, I really don't think Dailey has a leg to stand on with the sack the refs thing. The only really bad call I can remember is the Gallen "high" tackle but even that wasn't a shocker, just a mistake. However, nothing else stood out as really bad mistakes. QLD definitely got the rub of the green but thats just life in sport and the reality is if NSW were the better team they would have won that one, they had more than enough chances.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:13 am

Bren wrote:
    The best part was when Walker came on.

Two dumb things at either end of the game, both surely likely to be keeping their respective "owner" up at nights

1. Morris (right at the beginning), takes the tap off the penalty, and..... grasses it. Looked so bad I actually felt sorry for him. If that's his last Origin, it'll be a sad indictment on his career

2. Walker (right at the end), in one of the most blatant attempts to milk a penalty I've ever seen, places the ball on a Queensland player so far away he nearly fell over getting there. I think the ref blew the penalty for being a dumb fuck as much as anything else. Looked bad live, and worse on replay. Deserved a self-inflicted uppercut, and a spray from the coach.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:19 am

Hahah - I'd nearly forgotten this. Have a look at the kick off to begin the game. My son and I both swear Woods shoved Gallen out of the way to take the first hit up. And not a little push, either!!
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:41 am

Rippin and Tearin wrote:From  a NZ perspective (without ties to any team) it really was a rubbish game to watch. I know they can't bring back the biff, and it really doesn't seem like these guys hate each other like it seemed they used to back in the good old days, but at the very least lets speed the game up: Enforce the fucken 10m and cut 1 second out of all the ground wrestling and I would think you have yourself a game that is 10 x more entertaining. Its probably not be the case, but when the game is so bloody slow it just looks like these guys are going through the motions.

Congrats QLD... AGAIN, but I can honestly say I probably won't watch game 2 - it's not worth staying up till midnight for over here on a week night when you have to get up for work.

Also, I really don't think Dailey has a leg to stand on with the sack the refs thing. The only really bad call I can remember is the Gallen "high" tackle but even that wasn't a shocker, just a mistake. However, nothing else stood out as really bad mistakes. QLD definitely got the rub of the green but thats just life in sport and the reality is if NSW were the better team they would have won that one, they had more than enough chances.

He's referring, I'd assume, to the time given for the play the balls, allowing to hold down in the ruck and slow it down. When the game was open and fast NSW looked on top. You can't tell me either that QLD were perfect in front of our try line. Couldn't buy a penalty.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:52 am

Missed my flight back this morning due to missing the bag cut off. $120 late fee. It's not been a good 12 hours.
    Ice

Post by Ice Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:56 am

Matt Gillett MOTM??????????? Wow, just wow!!
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:59 am

dasherhalo wrote:
    2. Walker (right at the end), in one of the most blatant attempts to milk a penalty I've ever seen, places the ball on a Queensland player so far away he nearly fell over getting there. I think the ref blew the penalty for being a dumb fuck as much as anything else. Looked bad live, and worse on replay. Deserved a self-inflicted uppercut, and a spray from the coach.

:lol!:
    ryno_
    ryno_

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2018

Post by ryno_ Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:00 am

dasherhalo wrote:Hahah - I'd nearly forgotten this. Have a look at the kick off to begin the game. My son and I both swear Woods shoved Gallen out of the way to take the first hit up. And not a little push, either!!

Cant be - Myles went out of his way to find Gallen and knock him over. Glorious.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:05 am

Honeysett wrote:Missed my flight back this morning due to missing the bag cut off. $120 late fee. It's not been a good 12 hours.

Fucken hell that's shit mate.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:18 am

SI wrote:

Fucken hell that's shit mate.

Yeah wasn't happy, considering I checked in and everything as well.

The ladies there were really nice though and let's be honest it was my fault but they still should tell you cut off times. I did stump them with one thing "we recommend you get here 45 minutes before your flight"..." It's 50 minutes before my flight"

They had nothing but still couldn't let me put the bag on.

Now I have to wait at the airport twiddling my thumbs for another two hours before the flight AND it's not the good plane with the TV in the seat (I don't thinkl so by the time I land I'll be ropeable.

Post by Guest Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:23 am

Did you check whether the girls at the desk arent QLDers?
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:26 am

Bren wrote:Did you check whether the girls at the desk arent QLDers?

They used more than two syllables when they spoke so I ruled that out pretty quick.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:18 pm