NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Jamie Lyon retiring

RandomSil
    RandomSil

Jamie Lyon retiring Empty Jamie Lyon retiring

Post by RandomSil Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:54 pm

Haven't seen this posted here yet, but Jamie Lyon is retiring at the end of the year. Thoughts?

Disappointed to see him go, always been one of the better centers in the game and perhaps one of the only Manly players I actually liked.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Jamie Lyon retiring Empty Re: Jamie Lyon retiring

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:59 pm

Completely agree.
    Sashamaloo
    Sashamaloo

Post by Sashamaloo Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:35 pm

I liked him too, but I just could not understand the I don't want to play rep footy decision.
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

Post by Honeysett Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:38 pm

Should have played for Aus and NSW more and potentially could have gone down as the best centre of the era, instead is just one of the best.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:43 pm

I agree, I think if he had continued even at this stage of his career he would be playing for Aus. But have to applaud him for sticking to his guns and turning down the money.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:09 am

To think he is the only active nrl player that played in the 2000 amazing club career for the man! Shame he didn't feature more for Australia
    Oz Sport Mad
    Oz Sport Mad

Post by Oz Sport Mad Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:20 am

Random wrote:I agree, I think if he had continued even at this stage of his career he would be playing for Aus. But have to applaud him for sticking to his guns and turning down the money.

Not sure if I quite applaud his stance, as I still find it hard to fathom his decision to forego rep football....but each to their own and he has had a good club career no doubt.

I also find it hard to consider this assumption that he would have had an outstanding rep career if he wanted to.
    Nobody knows that and playing well at club level is entirely different to rep level.
    In my 'unbiased' opinion he wasn't better than either Hodges or Inglis.....let alone any of the others that played centre for NSW in his absence.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:32 pm

OSM - I understand the ambivalence, though given NSW's recent crop of centres, I would be amazed if he wasn't the centre of choice for the last decade. I rate him as probably the most consistent of the centres like Hodges, Inglis, etc. Maybe he doesn't that X factor, or extra gear that the truly world class centres have, but he's not far off, and I don't think I've seen him have a shocker.

In short, I'd have him in my club.

If he wasn't a pussy.