NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

Mick Ennis retiring

Pieman
    Pieman

Mick Ennis retiring Empty Mick Ennis retiring

Post by Pieman Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:28 pm

Ennis is a strange one.
    Absolute shit starter on the field, off the field he comes across as one of the nicest blokes going around.
    I really like his commentary on fox, he has a big future in that.

Had a fucking excellent career!!!!!

Good on him.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Mick Ennis retiring Empty Re: Mick Ennis retiring

Post by No Worries Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:45 pm

He has/had a weekly spot on BSB and always spoke well and come across genuine
    Dip

Post by Dip Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:07 pm

If Farah ends up in ESL next year the gap between the QLD hooker and NSW hooker just got even bigger.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Completely agree, absolute shitto on the field, absolute champion off. One of the most analytical and eloquent of all players I have ever seen off the field. He spoke straight after the Dogs/Storm game over here a couple of years ago, after being an absolute wanker during the game as usual, and he was awesome to listen to. Big media career. He actually LISTENS when other are speaking on NRL 360 as well. He doesn't just have something he wants to say or follow the script.
    Ice

Post by Ice Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Agreed, cock on the field but seems very likeable off the field.  If he was an Eel he'd have been one of my favs I reckon. Congrats on a sound career.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:48 pm

No Worries wrote:He has/had a weekly spot on BSB and always spoke well and come across genuine

Yeah, that's were I've heard him and have to agree.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:59 pm

What's BSB?
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:14 pm

SI wrote:What's BSB?
    Big sports breakfast. It's on sky radio with Terry Kennedy and Michael Slater.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:19 pm

Krump wrote:
    SI wrote:What's BSB?
    Big sports breakfast. It's on sky radio with Terry Kennedy and Michael Slater.

Ahh cool, cheers.
    leaguegod

Post by leaguegod Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:34 pm

on the field, as always been a players that his teams fans always loved but opposition fans hated, it seems some of his former clubs fans ended up on the other side by the time he ended his career, i think dogs and sharks fans will always rate him highly for what he did for our clubs.

off the field, has a big career in him in the media. Fans are gonna enjoy what ennis and parker offer next year and Channel 9 will stick with the status quo and lose more viewers imo
    DreadLord
    DreadLord

Post by DreadLord Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:58 pm

I've never minded a guy with a bit of White Line Fever. Even in a Bulldogs team that I hated, Ennis always gave me a laugh, and though I was skeptical as to his value to my Sharks - I have been happily proven wrong. I thought he had another year in him at least, but good luck to the guy, and I agree with the others in saying I look forward to his honest commentary.
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:29 pm

Yeah, it seemed crazy at the time, losing an up and comer with big wraps in Lichaa to an old plodder who had absolutely nothing to give in attack.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:34 pm

I never really rated him until he hit that Sharks. Good enough (in the same vein as McCullough is good enough), but he's found the perfect combo at the Sharks, and good on him!

How funny is it that by and large, he's getting positive wraps about his career, after being know as a right bastard by all and sundry!!!

Comparisons to any other NSW hooker welcome.
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:51 pm

SI wrote:Yeah, it seemed crazy at the time, losing an up and comer with big wraps in Lichaa to an old plodder who had absolutely nothing to give in attack.

Its crazy how now Lichaa offers nothing in attack. Its obviously the way they play and are coached, but he just shovels and tackles.

Ennis has been an above average hooker his career. Not spectacular but has been solid. He has been the second or third best hooker in the comp for the last 2 years tho.
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:13 pm

Pieman wrote:

Its crazy how now Lichaa offers nothing in attack. Its obviously the way they play and are coached, but he just shovels and tackles.

Ennis has been an above average hooker his career. Not spectacular but has been solid. He has been the second or third best hooker in the comp for the last 2 years tho.

Since when has JT coached the bulldogs ? Maybe this is what all the cool coaches are doing and 9 wont be part of the spine anymore
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:24 pm

Just on this, has Green coached the Jake Granville out of Jake Granville? What has happened to that attack?
    Pieman
    Pieman

Post by Pieman Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:40 pm

No Worries wrote:

Since when has JT coached the bulldogs ? Maybe this is what all the cool coaches are doing and 9 wont be part of the spine anymore

I think a lot of it comes from how the front rowers are all ball players now. They dont need the hooker to be creative because the prop is running the block play and passing it to the halfback out the back.
    In the past the hooker had to draw the markers in and put some doubt in the defence - to give the 7/6 room.. but now days they shovel it to the prop then the prop does the initial ball playing.

Think about it, how often do u see a 7/6 as a first receiver these days (when they are not kicking it).

Its funny coz the most creative hooker is still the best one in the league - smith. The best halfback is the most creative - thurston.

And youre right about Granville, his running game has been non existent this year. I thought he would be great with the reduced interchange but the increased defence has really fucked his attack over.

Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:56 pm

SI wrote:Just on this, has Green coached the Jake Granville out of Jake Granville?  What has happened to that attack?
    I'd be willing to make a small wager that we'll see it this weekend with JT out.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:58 pm

dasherhalo wrote:I never really rated him until he hit that Sharks. Good enough (in the same vein as McCullough is good enough), but he's found the perfect combo at the Sharks, and good on him!

How funny is it that by and large, he's getting positive wraps about his career, after being know as a right bastard by all and sundry!!!

Comparisons to any other NSW hooker welcome.
    Him being in the media has a lot to do with that I reckon. He's shown that hes not actually a right bastard he just gets white line fever.
    dasherhalo
    dasherhalo

Post by dasherhalo Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:11 am

It was funny watching him get interviewed, and appearing on panels years ago. They realised he had a brain (which lead to the TV spots).

One of the few players that can put thought to words without tripping over his tongue...