NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Finch
    Finch

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Finch Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:24 pm

Hey folks, just catching up now.

Bit of talk around JMK. I had him last year, was fairly safe, but doesn't have those big games like Grant can have (And so many times it felt like Grants scored got saved by a try?)

Looking at JMK, games over 70 mins last year his average is "only" 51.3, slightly above where he is priced, but I was hoping it would be 55 or so
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:26 pm

BaldShitTruck wrote:Good chat with the Hughes vs. Fifita debate.

Would be a good thread to run throughout the year and see which camp comes out on top.

New Host v Lawrie
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:27 pm

I think I'm pretty set on my team, got a decent bank ready to trade Tupouniua to Terrell May but maybe not quite enough. Hopefully it's enough.

Thoughts?

Team:

Last edited by Bethany_B on Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:28 pm

So in my effort to wanting to save money..

How are we rating all the $250k guys not named Ben Trbojevic, Ethan Strange.

So that leaves...

S. Hughes - Unlikely to get many big minutes, and doesn't look to be that big of a "boom" player when getting <15 mins.

V. Fifita - Who knows if he even makes the team when Lucy and Sele returns. He has Fifita in his name, so surely can make cash in small amount of minutes.

T. Wishart - Two seasons of being the interchange fill in off the bench and unless there is an injury to the spine he is unlikely to be of any value.

C. Muhleisen - Only going to get like 20 minutes at most and again has a few games showing he can't rack up a decent score in that time that could keep money moving.

--

Even under $300k there aren't any real options (I have Cotric, Levi, Salmon and Chan)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:29 pm

my tv broke wrote:I only have Levi Strange and Smithies.

I think strange is going to struggle to find points. Hopefully he keeps the spot.

Levi.. who knows. Too hard to ignore though. 30 in 50 mins will do fine

Smithies i feel good about.

Tempted to downgrade to Rapana but don't really trust him. Another 24 hrs to decide i suppose. I currently have May and Kiraz. Tempted by RTS as well. So those four will go into two

Strange is mostly valuable because he can be picked at CTR, although I guess base price starters are valuable in any position
    If he can just replicate something like Isaiya Katoa from last year, that will be good enough

Levi has a history of being meh, but at the price he is hard to ignore.

I have Rapana, I think he'll do well enough, and if he makes some money by the time Chevy gets the role that's great. Can bring Chevy in to free up cash, and no doubt one of the gun WFBs will have dropped some cash by then and be ripe to get at a discount.

Smithies s a tough one. its a bit of a Bateman feel where you just have to trust things will go well. I'd feel better about him if Horse wasn't suspended. Don't want to grab him for 2 weeks then find out he goes back to the bench.
    I want him to do well, though that is nto always great criteria for making a fantasy pick

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:39 pm

I feel uneasy with the way I started my season. Left out Haas to spread the money around on more of the 400-500k range players, two of which were an abject failure. Early days though.

Cheese
    Cotter Sitili Tatola
    Smithies Piakura
    Cleary Hutch
    Burbo Kiraz
    Ponga Pappy Walsh

Luki Chan Wong Salmon
    Koula Kini Levi Hughes

Trade Week 1 Sitili - May
    Trade Week 2 Walsh - Turbo

Can probably justify keeping Tatola and Walsh may have a big score against a bead curtain Rabbitohs edge so will had off on him until week 2 trades

So shit that you can't see your bank. They need to sort that out and also add a setting where you can block players you don't want to see

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:41 pm

Camo123 wrote:

New Host v Lawrie

I remember that haha
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:42 pm

I regret not taking Haas so damn much oh god why did I take him out at the last minute oh my god this is the worst day of my life and I should have never tried to outsmart myself oh Jesus make it stop
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:44 pm

ytsb wrote:I regret not taking Haas so damn much oh god why did I take him out at the last minute oh my god this is the worst day of my life and I should have never tried to outsmart myself oh Jesus make it stop

Just put Hopgood in and you'll be fine.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:44 pm

Trying to find the right balance between cash generation and point generation
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 49 8qABGW
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:47 pm

OB wrote:

Yeah fair enough. For transparency, I only am carrying 5 currently.

Fog, Kris, Rapana, Levi, and Strange. Tossing up between Kini and Cotric, but currently have Kini.

For me Kris could become Olam, to make me less reliant on the Raiders. But for some reason ‘buy a tigers centre’ isn’t really registering with my sane brain
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:48 pm

AmateurMark wrote:

4x concussions minimum in last 2 years, chance of a longer delay per NRL Physio

Legend. Post from way back!

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:49 pm

ytsb wrote:I regret not taking Haas so damn much oh god why did I take him out at the last minute oh my god this is the worst day of my life and I should have never tried to outsmart myself oh Jesus make it stop

I feel you bro.

Makes you want to panic and gut the rest of your team to get him in first trade. That's reactionary and you will feel the same way if Hynes or Ponga go big in game 1.

You probably have a decent team as a whole don't worry about one bad decision it's a long season ahead
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:50 pm

RandomSil wrote:So in my effort to wanting to save money..

How are we rating all the $250k guys not named Ben Trbojevic, Ethan Strange.

So that leaves...

S. Hughes - Unlikely to get many big minutes, and doesn't look to be that big of a "boom" player when getting <15 mins.

V. Fifita - Who knows if he even makes the team when Lucy and Sele returns. He has Fifita in his name, so surely can make cash in small amount of minutes.  

T. Wishart - Two seasons of being the interchange fill in off the bench and unless there is an injury to the spine he is unlikely to be of any value.

C. Muhleisen - Only going to get like 20 minutes at most and again has a few games showing he can't rack up a decent score in that time that could keep money moving.

--

Even under $300k there aren't any real options (I have Cotric, Levi, Salmon and Chan)

Liddle is injury prone and has a bad hammy. I could be keen to stash Muhleisen in 21
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:51 pm

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 49 Giphy
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:53 pm

Mid curve bros
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:54 pm

Errr.. in view of the way the world is heading, I feel like I always need to clarify my posts nowadays.

I laughed to YTSB's post only because I was certain he was taking the piss himself..
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:58 pm

Chewie wrote:Trying to find the right balance between cash generation and point generation
    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 49 8qABGW

I'm currently trying to follow Rob's 777 rule. 7 keepers, 7 mid rangers and 7 cows. Admittedly it involves counting Brandon Smith and Fogarty as keepers, but if both can average around 50 then they'll likely hang around long enough to be considered keepers.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:00 pm

With Doubts hanging around Piakura and Sitili , I may skip Smithies and take on Rhino,s play of Mikaele at 17, take the hit round 1 and have a bank for round 2 hoping things are clearer then, think this is the play I will make. Shout out to Rhino ya legend !!!
    ytsb
    ytsb

Post by ytsb Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:01 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Mid curve bros

I am the biggest mid-wit I've ever encountered. Even my year 12 chem class laughed at me for not having Haas and only 1 plays NRL fantasy. For clarification, I was taking the piss, but it was a brief insight into the mind of a Haasless loser.

I've just updated my tracker for those interested. Appreciate any insight, making a split TLT team is stressful.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:33 pm