NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:07 pm

So it would be about 110k to go Sitili to May ?
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 8 - May we have a new Roosters forward

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:23 pm

my tv broke wrote:So it would be about 110k to go Sitili to May ?

That May be a Sitili question.

no need to react...:
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:25 pm

It's already been posted a bunch of times, but I do not understand all the people lamenting having X amount of Raiders. Just about all of them are value plays and will have maxed out their prices by round ten and hence will have been moved on. On the flipside if they haven't made any money or have been dropped then they are gone too.

To me there is no strategic loss in having 6 or 7 of them.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:27 pm

OB wrote:It's already been posted a bunch of times, but I do not understand all the people lamenting having X amount of Raiders. Just about all of them are value plays and will have maxed out their prices by round ten and hence will have been moved on. On the flipside if they haven't made any money or have been dropped then they are gone too.

You would be far more persuasive if Michelangelo painted God in a different jersey.
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:27 pm

anth20 wrote:

I imagine Sele in = MMolo out, while Lucy in = RFM or VFifita out.

Isn't Muhlhooker more likely to stay in the team at 14?
    Loomer
    Loomer
    Fanatic

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:28 pm

Is Kiraz punt too risky coming back from ?back issue?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:43 pm

Loomer wrote:Is Kiraz punt too risky coming back from ?back issue?

i wouldn't think so he wouldn't be playing unless 100% they wouldn't risk him otherwise
    i've found that once your body warms up & you have the adrenaline flowing an iffy back is sweet
    whall15
    whall15

Post by whall15 Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:44 pm

Hmm Fifita allows me to go from Luki up to Smithies and bring in Kiraz as a gun centre for the year hopefully.

Grant
    Haas Hoppy Tupouniua
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutcho
    Kiraz Burbo
    Teddy Papy Rapana

Smithies Salmon Levi Chan
    Hughes Cotric Strange Fifita

Light bench though - also have just enough cash to go Cotric up to Kini and hope he makes some quick cash. Don't trust Fifi though
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:48 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

You would be far more persuasive if Michelangelo painted God in a different jersey.

Laughing
    I'm not even a Raiders supporter. T'was a play on Fog God.
    AmateurMark

Post by AmateurMark Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:52 pm

Revraiser wrote:Any Piakura Info today ?

4x concussions minimum in last 2 years, chance of a longer delay per NRL Physio
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:57 pm

AmateurMark wrote:

4x concussions minimum in last 2 years, chance of a longer delay per NRL Physio

McInnes then? Wink
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:57 pm

OB wrote:It's already been posted a bunch of times, but I do not understand all the people lamenting having X amount of Raiders. Just about all of them are value plays and will have maxed out their prices by round ten and hence will have been moved on. On the flipside if they haven't made any money or have been dropped then they are gone too.

Because almost never in the history of Fantasy has 1 team had so many players actually be profitable. People are suspicious of this scenario actually realising itself.

Also, having so many players from 1 team (particularly attacking players) could be seen as having too many eggs in one basket.

If the raiders start the season poorly, its likely Rapana, Cotric, Strange, Kris and Fogarty won't be putting up great Fantasy scores. It could really kill your team's momentum if you have all of them

Secondly, the attitude of - pick 'em all and dump the ones that don't work out, is a very casual attitude towards trades. Many people already picked both Wong and Sitili with the attitude of later dumping one that didn't work out. Now they are picking all the Raiders with a plan to dump any duds. How many people do you want in your 21 that you are almost expecting to cut?

Yes, the Raiders have 9 games before their bye. But other than Smithies, and potentially Fogarty, none of them are keepers (and even those 2 its a bit iffy) so that is a lot of trades people are potentially locking themselves into in the first 2 months.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:57 pm

whall15 wrote:Hmm Fifita allows me to go from Luki up to Smithies and bring in Kiraz as a gun centre for the year hopefully.

Grant
    Haas Hoppy Tupouniua
    Wong Piakura
    Cleary Hutcho
    Kiraz Burbo
    Teddy Papy Rapana

Smithies Salmon Levi Chan
    Hughes Cotric Strange Fifita

Light bench though - also have just enough cash to go Cotric up to Kini and hope he makes some quick cash. Don't trust Fifi though

nice team bro do you have the tupouniua to terrell money in the bank
    i would do rapana to kini & buy a stronger option for levi
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:01 pm

Honey Badger wrote:I couldnt pick V Fifita without knowing what the team will look like with Lucy and Sele

Lucy takes the left edge thats a no brainer. Eisenhuth and RFM will battle for the 17 jersey. Sele will take one of Vifi and Mmolo's spots on the bench. In my opinion Molo isnt a first grader, Vifi has more upside and Flanno has high raps on him. I think the forward line up round 2 will be;

8 Molo
    9 Liddle
    10 Lawrie
    11 Lucy
    12 Sua
    13 JDB
    14 Muhleison
    15 Sele
    16 Vifi
    17 RFM

but im not the coach
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:08 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Because almost never in the history of Fantasy has 1 team had so many players actually be profitable. People are suspicious of this scenario actually realising itself.

Also, having so many players from 1 team (particularly attacking players) could be seen as having too many eggs in one basket.

If the raiders start the season poorly, its likely Rapana, Cotric, Strange, Kris and Fogarty won't be putting up great Fantasy scores. It could really kill your team's momentum if you have all of them

Secondly, the attitude of - pick 'em all and dump the ones that don't work out, is a very casual attitude towards trades. Many people already picked both Wong and Sitili with the attitude of later dumping one that didn't work out. Now they are picking all the Raiders with a plan to dump any duds. How many people do you want in your 21 that you are almost expecting to cut?

Yes, the Raiders have 9 games before their bye. But other than Smithies, and potentially Fogarty, none of them are keepers  (and even those 2 its a bit iffy) so that is a lot of trades people are potentially locking themselves into in the first 2 months.

Yeah fair enough. For transparency, I only am carrying 5 currently.

Fog, Kris, Rapana, Levi, and Strange. Tossing up between Kini and Cotric, but currently have Kini.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:14 pm

I only have Levi Strange and Smithies.

I think strange is going to struggle to find points. Hopefully he keeps the spot.

Levi.. who knows. Too hard to ignore though. 30 in 50 mins will do fine

Smithies i feel good about.

Tempted to downgrade to Rapana but dont really trust him. Another 24 hrs to decide i suppose. I currently have May and Kiraz. Tempted by RTS as well. So those four will go into two
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:15 pm

1 Final decision for my team... Help is appreciated

TU Grant and 500K for a half (Between Platt and Hutchison)
    TD Robson and Fogarty
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:16 pm

King Assassin wrote:1 Final decision for my team... Help is appreciated

TU Grant and 500K for a half (Between Platt and Hutchison)
    TD Robson and Fogarty

I wouldnt pick a bench utility for 500k so whatever the other option is
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:19 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I wouldnt pick a bench utility for 500k so whatever the other option is

Will have a pretty sizeable role of the bench as a lock. In his 2 games last year got nearly 50 minutes off the bench

Post by Guest Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:20 pm

Good chat with the Hughes vs. Fifita debate.

Would be a good thread to run throughout the year and see which camp comes out on top.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:29 am