NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

King Assassin 2024

King Assassin
    King Assassin

King Assassin 2024 - Page 3 Empty Re: King Assassin 2024

Post by King Assassin Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:03 am

Overall a pretty average week for 'Give me a How Sloan', scoring 752 leaving me at an overall rank of 1,352. Only 20 points out of the top 900, and would be there if I stuck with my original captaincy choice of Hopgood instead of Fog. Considering I've had over 400k ITB the last 2 round and still managed to be around the top thousand is a good sign. There are a few new issues popping up within my team, but also a few positives to look at.

Reece Robson: Never would of expected this, but through the first 5 rounds Robson is the best scoring hooker in fantasy. If he misses the first origin game and stays healthy I can keep him till at least round 15.

Terrell May: After averaging nearly 55 minutes through the first 4 founds for an average of 59.3, Terrell got more "Standard" bench minutes in round 5 racking in 23 points in 20 minutes. Definitely somewhat of a worry, but will be holding and watching closely over the coming weeks. If he scores well enough to hold till Origin period he should start to rack up close to 50/60 minutes through the period with all the rep players the roosters have under the salary sombrero.

Cameron Murray: Murray has been Mr consistent for me through the first 5 rounds, averaging 56 with a low of 48. The only worry for Cam is that his minutes have dropped since Duncan joined the top 17. With Murray all but a lock for origin, I will either be trading out for the bye in round 7 or trading out for round 13.

Jacob Saifiti: Up to 85k made through 5 rounds, and for a pick I wasn't completely confident with going in to the year I am very happy with this pick. He's very close to maxing out on cash generation now and will probably fall short of 100k in price rises. Definitely someone I will be selling in the next couple of rounds, but he has been one of the few bright spots in my team thus far.

Kai Pierce-Paul: No complaints here, he's averaging 50 as a starter and looks like he's only scraping the surface. He's making plenty of cash, and will be a great hold through origin as he plays 2 of the 3 major bye rounds. KPP is an early nominee for first picked in my 2025 fantasy team.

Angus Crichton: Picking him up last week when everyone else was having a look seems to have payed off for me. Played 80 minutes (might have been injury effected) and scored 59. Lets hope he follows this up in round 6. Probably a hold through origin at this stage.

Jamal Fogarty: Came back down to earth in a game where you'd think he'd score well considering how dominant the Raiders were. I did captain him for his lowest score of the year. Hopefully this was a 1 off because otherwise he has been a fantastic fantasy pick for me. Has all 3 byes between round 10 and 19, but does play the first 2 major bye rounds so will probably be a hold for me through origin if he bounces back. Looking at trading out potentially in round 19.

Ethan Strange: One of the few cash cows I've been happy with through the first 5 rounds, making 117K so far. Going to hold until he maxes out on cash gen.

Blaize Talagi: Picked him up for round 5 as a cash cow. While he only scored 19 points, there is some promise. He missed 7 tackles and the eels as a whole looked woeful. 19 looks to be his absolute bottom, which for a cheap centre isn't a bad thing. Blaize looks set to make decent cash, and potentially a useful player for round 13 given 2 of my centres will probably be sells before then.

Jacob Kiraz: Its starting to look like the 89 in round 3 was a 1 off. This is disappointing as Kiraz was someone I was very high on to start the year. He's still averaging 40, but that does look like it will drop with the dogs now picking Xerri and Kiraz looks to be planted on the wing. He's not a sell as of yet but someone I may look to get off soon if he doesn't improve.

Jordan Rapana: Played out the 2nd half after after going off injured early in the game. He is in doubt for round 6 and I may look to get off if he is out this round. If he does play how ever I will most likely continue to hold. He's been a reliable POD so far and has made decent cash in the process. If he does continue to play, he will be very handy through the bye rounds playing 2 of the 3 major byes.

Ryan Papenhuyzen: As for most keeper WFB you have to ride the highs and lows. Papy has an AVG of 44 and is capable of going big. He's someone I'm definitely looking to ride with for majority of the season. Plays all but the first and last bye rounds and shouldn't be in the origin squad this year.

Jayden Campbell: Was never really worried about JC being a fullback in a bad team, hence why I picked him up as soon as he was named. Looked like he just wanted to get through his first game, but looked a lot more confident and involved in his second game back which reflected in his score. Going Campbell when a lot of people were grabbing Gutho has worked out well so far. With only 2 byes left JC is looking like a long term hold, and plays the final 2 major bye rounds which will be handy.

J'maine Hopgood: Certified fantasy GOD, in just his second fulltime season. Despite the Origin risk HopGod is someone I'll most likley hold all season, and he has a delicious looking run home with some bad teams, and some better teams that love to play through the middle.

Jaeman Salmon: Am I happy with the pick? no. Am I happy with his scores? no. Is he making solid cash? yes. Salmon is someone I'll hold until he maxes out, but ideally I can get him in the emergencies sooner rather than later.

Danny Levi: Am I happy with the pick? no. Am I happy with his scores? no. Is he making solid cash? yes. Are tries base stats for him? yes. Does he start losing cash as soon as he goes a game with out a try? yes. Levi is someone I'll hold until he maxes out. but ideally I can get him back in the emergencies sooner rather than later.

Lachlan Galvin: Suspended at the moment, but as soon as he is back, he will score good points and make good cash. Don't currently have a plan for him in terms of trading out, just gonna continue to ride with him and make a decision when he eventually stops making cash and/or stops scoring 40+. Plays all but the first bye round and doesn't have the final bye until round 26.

Samuel Hughes: Things are starting to look up for shoes, finally got good minutes on the weekend, and got a try to go a long with it. Hs price is moving along nicely now and I will hold till he maxes out. Plays first 2 major bye rounds if he survives in my team that long.

Ben Trbojevic: Hes been a solid cash cow to this point and has been someone who is playable at centre for me. He played 80 on the weekend because of Garricks injury, and that's the only reason he's not in red. I'll most likely get off soon if he doesn't get 80 this week, and I'm sure my team will look a lot nicer when I don't have 4 centres in it.

Brendan Piakura: Hasn't made me any cash thus far, but has been plagued by injury. Still a couple weeks away by the looks but I don't want to waste 2 trade to get him out and back in once he's back. When he's healthy he's a 40+ guy in the backrow for less than 400k. Only plays the final bye round but will hold as long as he's making cash once healthy.

Joe Chan: Played Qcup last week, and only managed 47 points with a try. He's in red as if he isn't named this week or is on the bench, I'll be selling.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:40 pm

First trade for me is pretty simple. I've been planning to get on Hynes in round 6 for a few weeks (since the Cleary Injury). And with the Rapana injury and the bank I have, I can get it done;

Rapana > Hynes

Team would then be;

Robson
    TeMay Salmon JSaifiti
    Angus KPP
    Fogarty Hynes
    Burbo Strange
    Kiraz Papy Campbell

Hopgood Murray Levi Shoes
    Chan Blaize Galvin Piakura 23K ITB

This does leave me pretty slim in the WFB department with me having to move Kiraz down to WFB and play both Burbo and Strange in the centres.

My options for the 2nd trade are Blaize and Chan. Both are in reserves for Team lists tho, so could be late ins. Storm play Friday night so if Chan doesn't come into the team I will trade him out.

My options for Trade ins then become;

Kayal Iro: Probably the best cash cow option in the short term but could be out in 2-3 weeks. Something about adding a 4th cheap centre doesn't sit right with me, and it doesn't solve my WFB dilemma.

Chevy Stewart: Rapana out 6-8 weeks I believe? But Chevy would definitely help with my WFB dilemma. He does have Kris, Savage and Rapana when healthy knocking on his door.

Jye Gray: Only has 3 rounds until Latrell is back, but he could also eventually move into the halves. Not sure how I feel about having 2 bottom 4 teams Fullbacks either. Will pick up WFB DPP next week so that would be handy.

Let me know if I've missed anyone. And who you think my best option is.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:53 am

King Assassin wrote:First trade for me is pretty simple. I've been planning to get on Hynes in round 6 for a few weeks (since the Cleary Injury). And with the Rapana injury and the bank I have, I can get it done;

Rapana > Hynes

Team would then be;

Robson
    TeMay Salmon JSaifiti
    Angus KPP
    Fogarty Hynes
    Burbo Strange
    Kiraz Papy Campbell

Hopgood Murray Levi Shoes
    Chan Blaize Galvin Piakura 23K ITB

This does leave me pretty slim in the WFB department with me having to move Kiraz down to WFB and play both Burbo and Strange in the centres.

My options for the 2nd trade are Blaize and Chan. Both are in reserves for Team lists tho, so could be late ins. Storm play Friday night so if Chan doesn't come into the team I will trade him out.

My options for Trade ins then become;

Kayal Iro: Probably the best cash cow option in the short term but could be out in 2-3 weeks. Something about adding a 4th cheap centre doesn't sit right with me, and it doesn't solve my WFB dilemma.

Chevy Stewart: Rapana out 6-8 weeks I believe? But Chevy would definitely help with my WFB dilemma. He does have Kris, Savage and Rapana when healthy knocking on his door.

Jye Gray: Only has 3 rounds until Latrell is back, but he could also eventually move into the halves. Not sure how I feel about having 2 bottom 4 teams Fullbacks either. Will pick up WFB DPP next week so that would be handy.

Let me know if I've missed anyone. And who you think my best option is.
    Don’t get Jye Gray mate we have the buy next then Storm and Panthers.

What do you make of Iro job security? Seems risky but highest upside. My gut is saying risk it on Iro but I can’t say my confidence is sky high.

I like you getting Hynes mate a lot.

Will you consider trading Murray out next week or just gonna good til origin?
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:41 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Don’t get Jye Gray mate we have the buy next then Storm and Panthers.

What do you make of Iro job security? Seems risky but highest upside. My gut is saying risk it on Iro but I can’t say my confidence is sky high.

I like you getting Hynes mate a lot.

Will you consider trading Murray out next week or just gonna good til origin?

Its tough on the Iro front, there is a good chance he only get 2 or 3 more games. But he could hold his spot if he plays well. I think chevy is safer and I'm probably leaning that way at the moment.

Hynes was always my target this round. I was even considering going cleary to Hynes in round 6 without the injury. Just trying to work around the bye. It just worked out nicely this way.

Definitely considering it, Want to see how he goes with out Duncan, maybe his minutes go back up to 70+. But Murray > Uto is something I'm considering next round.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:42 pm

Team looks very solid once Hynes is added.

Is there a way you can loop Brbo outside the 17 and once you've seen his score decide to keep or make a 2nd trade of Chan/Talagi to Chevy/Iro?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:50 am

King Assassin wrote:

Its tough on the Iro front, there is a good chance he only get 2 or 3 more games. But he could hold his spot if he plays well. I think chevy is safer and I'm probably leaning that way at the moment.

Hynes was always my target this round. I was even considering going cleary to Hynes in round 6 without the injury. Just trying to work around the bye. It just worked out nicely this way.

Definitely considering it, Want to see how he goes with out Duncan, maybe his minutes go back up to 70+. But Murray > Uto is something I'm considering next round.
    Can you check my tracker out please mate
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:15 pm

Ando wrote:Team looks very solid once Hynes is added.

Is there a way you can loop Brbo outside the 17 and once you've seen his score decide to keep or make a 2nd trade of Chan/Talagi to Chevy/Iro?

Ive made the Chan > Iro trade. Allowing me to loop Iro and Burbo this week for my second centre spot, with Strange locked in.
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:33 pm

Later post this week. Finished the week with 878, with my rank falling to 1,805th. Started strong, but a few injuries and a 53 from captain Hynes, saw me fall short of the 900 club

Going to be using all 3 trades this week with Murray losing cash and on a bye, and Burbo and JC out.

With trades this week I'll be looking at;
    - Strengthening up my 2nd Hooker, with Levi likely to be leaving my team in the coming weeks.
    (Options: Egan, Grant, Api)
    - Bringing In a 3rd playable WFB with Jayden Campbell out.
    (Options: CNK, Ponga, Turbo, Teddy, Walsh, Edwards, Drinky)
    - Bring in a Cash cow to make the money work for the above trades.
    (Options: Foran, Stewart, Chester, Gray, Fuller)

With 50k ITB, Ive got 1.659M to get 1 player from each sections.

Team for the week would then be;

Robson
    TeMay Hopgood Salmon
    KPP Angus
    Galvin Hynes
    Strange Iro
    Kiraz Papy WFB

HOK JSaifiti Fogarty Piakura(Loop)
    Shoes COW Levi Talagi

Let me know what ya think xo
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:41 pm

Don't rule out J. Brailey as a 2nd playable HOK option with some dual cow potential.

I also don't hate Chester as the 3rd WFB option if that would let the cash be used better elsewhere. Id definitely wait a week or two on Walsh to be value with his BE and the tentative way he played last week.

Those moves would let your 3rd move be any position..... Haas, Cleary etc. could all be on the menu
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:36 pm

I got 878 last week too...

I think Chevvy should be your COW
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:13 pm

Current trades are a little risky but theres plenty of upside if it pays off.

I'm really keen on Egan as my 2nd hooker this week so I'm locking in that. As for the cow, my favourite option of the bunch is Foran, As long as Boyd stays out of the side he is going to put up massive kick metres. The risk is with no JC, Brimson could move to the back and Boyd comes in but if that happens, I can still move Foran to Chester or Stewart as Titans play before Cowboys and Raiders. Going Foran and Egan however means CNK is the only listed option I can afford. He's looked good in his 2 games this year but not sure he can keep that up. Its a risk, but at least its a fun risk.

Round 6 Trades;

Murray > Egan
    Burbo > Foran
    Campbell > CNK

Trades are no where near a lock this week so still open to other peoples views.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:08 am

Egan and Foran I wouldn’t take both they’re made of glass just too risky.

Egan also high risk of head knocks.

CNK look at his historical avgs I don’t think he keeps this up.

J. Brailey could be a buy soon.

I also like bringing Ponga in or Chester.

King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:28 am

Ended round 7 with a score of 811, improving my rank to 1,011th. This is the team I locked in for the round;

Egan
    TeMay Salmon Jsaifiti
    KPP Angus (VC)
    Galvin Hynes(C)
    Strange Iro
    Kiraz Papy CNK

Robson Hopgood Fogarty Shoes
    Levi Chester Talagi Piakura

Need to start looking at saving trades soon, so hopefully I can keep the trades to 1 or 2 this week with a kind TLT. Fogarty and maybe Talagi/Levi could be outs this week for me.

3 dogs on Byes this week for me so hoping Piakura is back. Time will tell Smile
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:33 pm

Its time to start focusing more closely on Bye rounds this week, If I want to start saving trades this week I need to look to bring in players that are going to help me overall as well as provide needed cover for Bye rounds. This week I'm going to focus on round 13 and 14. I need 13 players for round 13 and 17 for round 14.

At the moment I will have 3 players out in round 14 with Angus, TeMay and Strange (Fogarty and Levi will be out before then). This means I can bring in 1 Dolphin's player which will help with the major bye rounds and still have a full 17 for round 14. Top of that list is Max Plath for me. His DPP will be handy and there's plenty of upside for him if he can get good minutes. This makes Fogarty > Plath my first trade.

As for Round 13, I need 13 players (in starting positions) from the following teams; Dolphins, Sharks, Panthers, Bulldogs, Eels, Raiders, Dragons, Knights, Roosters, Cowboys.

From those teams these are the players I have available; ('*' indicates Origin risk)

Robson*
    TeMay Hopgood* JSaifiti* (Shoes)
    Angus* KPP (Salmon)
    Hynes* Plath
    Strange Iro
    Chester Kiraz XXX

I currently need a WFB to field 13 players for round 13. For this reason Talagi > Armstrong will be my second trade. Armstrong will have the fullback role while Ponga is out. Gagai could take it at some point, but that wont be for round 13 with Gagai likely to be on Origin duty.

At this point I probably want 1 more WFB for round 13, this will allow me to use DPP to cover Origin selections at HLF, EDG or MID. My main targets are Edwards and Drinkwater. I wont be able to get them this week but will look to bring 1 in before Origin.

Round 8 Trades;

Fogarty > Plath
    Talagi > Armstrong

Round 8 Team;

Robson
    TeMay Plath JSaifiti
    KPP Angus
    Galvin Hynes
    Iro Strange
    Chester Papy CNK

Hopgood Egan Piakura Shoes(Loop)
    Armstrong Levi Salmon Kiraz 288K ITB
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:28 pm

Plath could be a goer but there are lots of options this week some at a lower price

Could it be worth choosing a non-cheapie WFB. I have not a lot of cover, but I am finding it hard to settle on one. It seems that Atkinson might be the pick of the bunch depending on what happens with Trindall
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:39 am

I've just noticed Batman is starting at lock so definitely gonna hop on for the fun of it. That makes 3 trades this round;

Fogarty > Plath
    Talagi > Armstrong
    Levi > Bateman

Making my Round 8 Team,

Egan
    TeMay Hopgood Jsaifiti
    Bateman Angus
    Galvin Hynes(C)
    Strange Iro
    Kiraz(Loop) Papy CNK

Robson KPP Plath Piakura
    Chester Armstrong Salmon Shoes 46K ITB
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:09 am

This is a helpful write up. I think I need to sit down and do the bye thing too. If not this week then definitely next week.

Bateman was one that I only briefly considered. I probably would get him if I hadn't already got Uto. Plath is on the radar though, so good pick up there sir
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:32 pm

Not sure how many trades you have left but think it’s key to conserve/use effectively as many as you can. All 3 trades could pay off but lack some certainty.

I’m planning on waiting a week on Blaize (or even two) to jump on the right cow. If you don’t need his cash to fund the trade maybe wait a week and save that trade till you have certainty. None of the base cows will jump much this week (other than maybe gray whose JS is very poor and plays two super tough matchups in his guaranteed games)

I won’t be hopping on Bateman or Fainu this week but best of luck and hope it works. If this team lis sticks Bateman may even get dual MID which’d be nice.

I’ve made the same Fog -> Plath trade. I’m hoping his floor is a 45 average which would be disappointing but not the end of the world.

Maybe the word I’m looking for is conviction. I think these trades are fine overall but if you aren’t 100% on any maybe hold a week.

Good luck this week!
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Yesterday at 7:46 pm

Round 8 saw Hynes carry me to a score of 983 which puts me in the top 1,000 for the first time this year at 623. Ive got Chester injured and a couple guys losing cash like TeMay and Saifiti, but leaning towards holding trades this round. Chester could be a good loop option for CTR and WFB and Temay and Saifiti could bounce back this week.

Would leave this as my round 9 team;

Robson
    Salmon Plath JSaifiti
    Piakura Angus
    Galvin Hynes(C)
    Chester(loop) Kiraz
    Armstrong Papy CNK

Egan KPP Bateman Hopgood(loop)
    TeMay Shoes Strange Iro 46K ITB
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Today at 9:16 am

I agree I don't see any urgent needs for trading that would not be sideways...

Save them

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:15 pm