NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:36 am

Camo123 wrote:

I asked this question before a week or so ago but are NRL fantasy smart enough to have 2 separate DPP sweeps pre R1 when Cobbo is probably the only Vegas player that should get DPP

I think we all know the answer to this

edit : Maybe Wighton? but if Cody is a non starter in Vegas I can see Jack running with just HLF for a while
    Honeysett
    Honeysett

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

Post by Honeysett Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:48 am

GreenSchist wrote:
    robelgordo wrote:

Haha this

Feels priced about what he will score. Guess DPP is nice tho.

I think the DPP is everything, although..

While he is appropriately priced, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities to see an increase in tackles and touches of the ball. If he can maintain his meter totals and continue to break the line/tackles playing off Walsh, I can see 5 points of value and potential keeper status.

Wingers generally get their metres from kick returns so he might struggle to get those metres still. He's going to have to also keep up his try scoring average which statistically doesn't happen as a centre over a winger.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:48 am

Camo123 wrote:

Was Cobbo a fun pick before he beat up a bunch of reserve graders

He's been on my fun-list for a while

Chewie's extensive fun list:

Carty
    SJ
    Walsh
    Cobbo
    Garrick
    Penis
    Bateman
    Marzhew
    Young
    Drinky
    Isaako
    Farnworth
    Manu
    May
    Lucy
    Timoko
    DWZ
    Riki
    VTW
    Turuva

mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:48 am

Aardvark wrote:

I think we all know the answer to this

edit :  Maybe Wighton? but if Cody is a non starter in Vegas I can see Jack running with just HLF for a while

He'll be suspended, unless they do it on the expectation of him in the centres
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:05 am

Chewie wrote:

Carty
    SJ
    Walsh
    Cobbo
    Garrick
    Penis
    Bateman
    Marzhew
    Young
    Drinky
    Isaako
    Farnworth
    Manu
    May
    Lucy
    Timoko
    DWZ
    Riki
    VTW
    Turuva

Marzhew hmmm
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:05 am

Camo123 wrote:

I asked this question before a week or so ago but are NRL fantasy smart enough to have 2 separate DPP sweeps pre R1 when Cobbo is probably the only Vegas player that should get DPP

Struggle to see them doing two separate DPP's pre round 1 and therefore it does seem very likely that they inadvertently forget about the Vegas teams when reviewing the team lists.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:10 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:

I'd be ok with him getting DPP.

Souths have signed him to play CTR, this is very clear. It just feels like they just don't update the websites with positions in the offseason, so everyone has rolled over from their previous positions.

Works both way as guys like Wighton and Kiraz should be DPP but aren't, while Boyd and Hopgood are DPP but shouldn't be.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:16 am

Chewie wrote:

Carty
    SJ
    Walsh
    Cobbo
    Garrick
    Penis
    Bateman
    Marzhew
    Young
    Drinky
    Isaako
    Farnworth
    Manu
    May
    Lucy
    Timoko
    DWZ
    Riki
    VTW
    Turuva

You forgot about Harper
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:25 am

Honeysett wrote:

Wingers generally get their metres from kick returns so he might struggle to get those metres still. He's going to have to also keep up his try scoring average which statistically doesn't happen as a centre over a winger.

Nah nah nah mate. Someone said he's the next Inglis in the centres, so he's gonna hit a few big scores and I'll tear my team apart to get him, then he'll phone it in post-Origin with a dodgy knee and end up at $460k.

God I'm excited Fap
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:26 am

Sea Eagles back-rower Josh Schuster won't travel to Las Vegas after the club made the decision to leave him in Australia as he battles a calf strain.

The 22-year-old withdrew from the opening week of the Pre-Season Challenge with the injury and won't be risked for the historic season-opener.

“The medical staff has said that due to ongoing tightness, that medically we’re not comfortable having him return to play and that we want to take a more conservative approach,'' coach Anthony Seibold said.

“We will leave him here [in Australia] hoping that he will return in the near future with the expectation that he will be playing again from round two.”
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:34 am

mattnz wrote:Sea Eagles back-rower Josh Schuster won't travel to Las Vegas after the club made the decision to leave him in Australia as he battles a calf strain.

The 22-year-old withdrew from the opening week of the Pre-Season Challenge with the injury and won't be risked for the historic season-opener.

“The medical staff has said that due to ongoing tightness, that medically we’re not comfortable having him return to play and that we want to take a more conservative approach,'' coach Anthony Seibold said.

“We will leave him here [in Australia] hoping that he will return in the near future with the expectation that he will be playing again from round two.”

So we're looking at 3 weeks of Brown (Sipley suspension) and potentially only 1 week of Burbo starting.... YUCK.

Lets hope that they bring Schuster back slowly and start him from the bench upon his eventual return.

mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:02 am

GreenSchist wrote:

So we're looking at 3 weeks of Brown (Sipley suspension) and potentially only 1 week of Burbo starting.... YUCK.

Lets hope that they bring Schuster back slowly and start him from the bench upon his eventual return.

Even if Burbo is starting in week 2, it may only be 50 minutes.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:41 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:

Top marks! I may have failed....
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:50 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

You forgot about Harper

Hmmm

Post by Guest Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:26 am

GreenSchist wrote:

Nrlfantasystats.com has Browns BE at 368, is this accurate or a typo?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:34 am

BaldShitTruck wrote:
    GreenSchist wrote:

Nrlfantasystats.com has Browns BE at 368, is this accurate or a typo?

If you want some more fun, look up any player that played last year not yet in the system

eg Sualauvi Faalogo

At least now that Brown is in the system, his price is correct
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:37 am

Locking in RTS as my 'FUN' guy.

Is there value in his price? Not likely but the way he was breaking tackles and defending with force and appetite gives me hope that I can keep him around all year.

Between RTS and Cobbo, all my CTR issues might be solved (except neither are currently eligible)
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:01 am

YAY!!!!

https://www.nrl.com/news/2024/02/20/pre-season-challenge-round-2-team-lists/
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:04 am

Kane Bradley a genuine chance at first grade? Storm team looks otherwise full strength

Shame he's $3347k (assume its $250k when added)
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:10 am

Makes sense the Vegas teams ran out the stronger teams last week.

Pretty sure Dylan Napa is the only Rooster with NRL experience. Yileen Gordon is starting at prop for Souths!

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 11:02 am