NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11294
    Reputation : 7936
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by Camo123 Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:12 am

    Milchcow wrote:

    No help yet as to who gets the vacant edge spot though, which is the key information we want

    Also, I know this won't be the round 1 team, but Suaalii and Smith both make the run on team with Joey Manu the one to get benched.

    Vegas teams get the earlier team lists so we’ll have all info on them

    The important trials are the TLT 1B teams because it’s the only info you’ll have going into building a team
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

    Posts : 2670
    Reputation : 747
    Join date : 2017-04-23
    Location : Phin Fully Up 4 Herbie

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by mickspicks Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:24 am

    Adam Elliot injured? Thought he'd be getting a run.
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

    Posts : 1557
    Reputation : 972
    Join date : 2022-02-03
    Location : The Hunter

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:29 am

    mickspicks wrote:Adam Elliot injured? Thought he'd be getting a run.


    More likely AOB wants to keep him healthy for the real season.
    He was carrying an injury in 2023 and the Knights need him to keep the middle tight.
    BBowler
    BBowler

    Posts : 708
    Reputation : 439
    Join date : 2018-04-10

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by BBowler Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:38 am

    Does anyone know if we have to have captains locked in for game 1 Round 0 or the first game of the Aussie games?
    BBowler
    BBowler

    Posts : 708
    Reputation : 439
    Join date : 2018-04-10

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by BBowler Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:44 am

    robelgordo wrote:This is all great but I’m disappointed nobody tried a player name/pun for second post

    I couldn’t think of one but had Greg THIRD lined up for after

    Roger Tuivasa-SCHECKOND
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11294
    Reputation : 7936
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by Camo123 Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:45 am

    BBowler wrote:Does anyone know if we have to have captains locked in for game 1 Round 0 or the first game of the Aussie games?

    Given if you take a player out of your team and you get a ineligible team warning you will have to have a full squad with C and VC

    Hence the reasons for CTR placeholders
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 5253
    Reputation : 1819
    Join date : 2019-02-23

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by Khany Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:47 am

    mickspicks wrote:Adam Elliot injured? Thought he'd be getting a run.

    Allstars edge
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

    Posts : 2670
    Reputation : 747
    Join date : 2017-04-23
    Location : Phin Fully Up 4 Herbie

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by mickspicks Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:48 am

    Khany wrote:

    Allstars edge

    Just saw that, cheers!
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

    Posts : 1505
    Reputation : 376
    Join date : 2015-11-06

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by manlybeaver Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:07 am

    Any stats on lomax on the wing compared to centre ?
    SandroTilocca
    SandroTilocca

    Posts : 57
    Reputation : 39
    Join date : 2020-01-21

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by SandroTilocca Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:10 am

    manlybeaver wrote:Any stats on lomax on the wing compared to centre ?


    averages 26.7 on wing, 6 game sample size
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

    Posts : 754
    Reputation : 554
    Join date : 2021-05-14

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by the_great_wobbler Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:12 am

    Camo123 wrote:

    All Stars Friday

    Ahh of course, derp. Cheers
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 25448
    Reputation : 17228
    Join date : 2016-01-07

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:30 am

    The strength of some of these teams is surprising given its week 1 trails. Eg roosters especially, but i guess robbo is shaking things up. The first 17 probably only play one half of football i guess?

    Edit actually the four teams that play vegas might roll out reserve graders next week i guess,  the week after theyre playing round 1
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

    Posts : 742
    Reputation : 348
    Join date : 2020-01-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by Lemmy KGB Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:32 am

    my tv broke wrote:The strength of some of these teams is surprising given its week 1 trails. Eg roosters especially, but i guess robbo is shaking things up. The first 17 probably only play one half of football i guess?

    Edit actually the four teams that play vegas might roll out reserve graders next week i guess, since the week after theyre playing round 1

    Maybe with the travel to Vegas they wanna better hit out early

    Edit: whoops
    Khany
    Khany

    Posts : 5253
    Reputation : 1819
    Join date : 2019-02-23

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by Khany Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:39 am

    Sticky keeping his cards close to his chest
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11294
    Reputation : 7936
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by Camo123 Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:53 am

    Khany wrote:Sticky keeping his cards close to his chest

    He said he’d play players fighting for a spot in both trials to give them best opportunity to prove themselves

    Seems actually pretty forthcoming team for Raiders and on point with recent news (Schiller and Hopoate training at CTR to replace Kris for R1)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 23424
    Reputation : 15814
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by Milchcow Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:02 am

    mattnz wrote:Interested to see Seyfarth at lock. Could be the bolter that everyone misses.


    As well as no Twal or Bateman, there's also no Justin Matamua, who a few Tigers fans want to see get a run next year.

    With no round 1 game, I don't think there is anything that could make me start with Seyfarth in my team, and I don't even know how much he coasts
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12940
    Reputation : 8005
    Join date : 2015-09-29

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:29 am

    White Lightning wrote:lol we're all discussing who'll start angus vs wong but what happens is tupouniua starts

    Then everyone slots in Sitili, who's cheaper than either of them plus DPP?
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11999
    Reputation : 4977
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by Rabbits21 Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:11 pm

    robelgordo wrote:A few of those teams are much closer to full strength than I expected. Dragons going all out for the Charity Shield!

    Still hard to get a read on most stuff e.g. Bulldogs team might mean Burton to CTR and Hutcho behind Sexton. Or it could be that is their legit preferred halves combo.
    Good luck on Saturday mate I knew Shane Flanagan would name such a strong side they’ll be hungry to rip in. Basically full strength apart from RFM, Sele and Allan. We are down 10 of our top 30. That backline doesn’t look great. In the betting Dragons $1.60, Souths $2.35.

    Should be a good game anyway.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 9480
    Reputation : 6602
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:08 pm

    My take on trial teams that haven't been covered already

    Bulldogs - Salmon at lock gives an interesting insight into possible play style. We may see Mann, Salmon, Oloapu(if he is ever fit) spend time at lock in the ball playing role. Definitely has a flow on effect to Curran if it eventuates

    Storm - Reimis and Seve look to be the front runners for the centre spots which gives a not basement price centre option with job security. Think I'd rather pay 395k for Reimis than 600k for a "gun"

    Knights - Jenkins, Tuala and Mapapalangi in a shoot out for 1 wing spot. Not really much fantasy relevance unless Mapapalangi gets the spot

    Sharks - Looks like a reserve grade side with Wilton and McInnes getting a bit of match fitness. Think the Iro dreams are dead

    Manly - Talau, Vaega and Paulo probably playing for one spot. Interested in the Nathan Brown impact but we probably have to wait a few games to see how that plays out

    Eels - Didn't expect it to be this close but looks like Lane, Matterson, Tuilagi are playing for the edge spots. Unsure why Carty isn't named (injury?) with Hopgood almost certainly the 13

    Raiders - Couple of positional battles here with Stewart and Savage the fullback prospects while Weekes and Strange play for the 6 jersey. At 9 it looks like Levi is 3rd in line

    Rabbitohs - Keppie starting prop could be interesting if he has jumped the old plodder in the pecking order

    Dragons - Fifita and Egan the possible bolters for round 1 bench spot

    Warriors - CHT an outside chance of taking the 6 from Metcalf

    Tigers - Sullivan the front runner for 6 over Galvin and Fainu

    Broncos - No sign of Arthars could spell trouble for cheap centres

    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11294
    Reputation : 7936
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 3 - Half the height we want

    Post by Camo123 Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:22 pm

    multiple.scoregasms wrote:My take on trial teams that haven't been covered already

    Bulldogs - Salmon at lock gives an interesting insight into possible play style. We may see Mann, Salmon, Oloapu(if he is ever fit) spend time at lock in the ball playing role. Definitely has a flow on effect to Curran if it eventuates

    Storm - Reimis and Seve look to be the front runners for the centre spots which gives a not basement price centre option with job security. Think I'd rather pay 395k for Reimis than 600k for a "gun"

    Knights - Jenkins, Tuala and Mapapalangi in a shoot out for 1 wing spot. Not really much fantasy relevance unless Mapapalangi gets the spot

    Sharks - Looks like a reserve grade side with Wilton and McInnes getting a bit of match fitness. Think the Iro dreams are dead

    Manly - Talau, Vaega and Paulo probably playing for one spot. Interested in the Nathan Brown impact but we probably have to wait a few games to see how that plays out

    Eels - Didn't expect it to be this close but looks like Lane, Matterson, Tuilagi are playing for the edge spots. Unsure why Carty isn't named (injury?) with Hopgood almost certainly the 13

    Raiders - Couple of positional battles here with Stewart and Savage the fullback prospects while Weekes and Strange play for the 6 jersey. At 9 it looks like Levi is 3rd in line

    Rabbitohs - Keppie starting prop could be interesting if he has jumped the old plodder in the pecking order

    Dragons - Fifita and Egan the possible bolters for round 1 bench spot

    Warriors - CHT an outside chance of taking the 6 from Metcalf

    Tigers - Sullivan the front runner for 6 over Galvin and Fainu

    Broncos - No sign of Arthars could spell trouble for cheap centres


    Arthars is playing All Stars

    Storm CTRs I would assume is actually Reimis and Seve fighting for spot and Meaney is locked in

      Current date/time is Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:49 am