NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:18 pm

mickspicks wrote:Anyone running with Tigers players? Tempted by someone like Bula but value elsewhere. Sezer at 447k is tempting too, assuming he's just kicking the shit out of the ball and giving it early to Olam.

I currently have Galvin in my team, base priced, apparently has the inside running for 6.

Last edited by mattnz on Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by robelgordo Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:20 pm

If guns don’t need to be value than everyone who wants Haas now would also get on at 900k, 950k, 1m etc

The argument seems more that some people think Haas is overpriced and some think he’s about fairly priced. Or that he’s close enough to fairly priced that it’s not worth the risk of finding the value and maybe getting it wrong.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:23 pm

robelgordo wrote:If guns don’t need to be value  than everyone who wants Haas now would also get on at 900k, 950k, 1m etc

The argument seems more that some people think Haas is overpriced and some think he’s about fairly priced. Or that he’s close enough to fairly priced that it’s not worth the risk of finding the value and maybe getting it wrong.

The strongest argument I have seen for Haas has been that he starts the season strong, so there is value in him at the start of the year.

I think it is a fair argument, but I think it more reflects the style of game played to start the season, with MIDs the last few seasons typically starting the season strong. I am stacking my team with lots of premium MIDs to get off to a strong start to the season, but don't have Haas.

My general observation recently has been that the fittest MIDs in teams, typically get huge minutes to start the season and get through a huge work load. It makes a few players great value.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:29 pm

robelgordo wrote:If guns don’t need to be value  than everyone who wants Haas now would also get on at 900k, 950k, 1m etc

I dont think you have to start with haas.

But i say the same thing every year. People way over think this game. You can start with haas and get heaps of points or you can start with murray or jdb etc for less and hope for the mythical extra points and minutes and get to make the usual end of round two post 'fuck i should have just started with haas'. Heh

Maybe carrigan plays 80 this year hehehe

Anyway, didnt booze start with talakai last year ?
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:53 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:FWIW Ben Trbiojevic just got signed for another three years with a suggestion from Siebold that he is pushing for a starting position. Still will not be in my team

Benny is going to be a gun 2nd rower. Straight from the Red Hot Rabbit mail.

The skinny kent has finally grown into himself with the assistance of some creatine like substances and a moderate bit of gym work.

You heard it here first.

The best of the Turbo's.

Get on.

Thank me later.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:00 pm

my tv broke wrote:But i say the same thing every year. People way over think this game. You can start with haas and get heaps of points or you can start with murray or jdb etc for less and hope for the mythical extra points and minutes and get to make the usual end of round two post 'fuck i should have just started with haas'. Heh

This right here is exactly why I'm starting with Haas - no overthinking, just set and forget.

As much as we like to try to work out this game, it's really all just vibes anyway.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:22 pm

so is campbell a high chance of not starting round 1?
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:22 pm

sloan or sivo or both or neither
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:28 pm

White Lightning wrote:sloan or sivo or both or neither

Neither, if you must own one then Sivo.

Sloan is far too expensive to be worth it, wait until he drops down to the 300s before getting on.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:29 pm

White Lightning wrote:so is campbell a high chance of not starting round 1?

Still training solo after knee dislocation last year with R2 bye where they could give him 2 weeks extra rest

I’d definitely have a contingency plan (or going off previous posts just vibe into some random player Laughing)
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:11 pm

I get not overthinking things, but I don't agree Haas is a no-brainer, that's underthinking.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:29 pm

I plan to pick Haas (doesn’t mean I won’t have a look at other options when putting together a draft), his role hasn’t changed, the spine hasn’t changed, the coach hasn’t changed, he’s not injured or coming back from a major injury and he’s as solid a second captain option as you’ll find. Yeo would be another candidate here.

One of the other guys may well be value or they could be priced at or above where they will score.

I like to start with two welded on premium scorers in two different high scoring positions from two different teams & this doesn’t preclude adding a few more underpriced premiums but that’s me.

Having the extra $100k is no guarantee that you spend it wisely.

There are, of course, other ways to play the game
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:33 pm

Hmm, now you got me thinking to just run Cleary and go for more value/upside guys (can't fit Cotter and Lane ATM).

One thing i've heard is people carrying Kris as a red dot like he's the CTR saviour. That seems a bit nutty to me.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:48 pm

Souths could have a rough start to the season.

Missing Wighton, Graham and now some doubt on Walker, who has a calf injury, so has withdrawn from the Allstar game.

Their opening draw is tough:
    Manly (the with Turbo version)
    Broncos
    Roosters (at full strength finally)
    Bulldogs (by far their easiest game of the first few rounds)
    Warriors
    Sharks
    Bye
    Storm
    Penrith

Thats a lot of likely top 8 teams.
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:55 pm

Yeah, compared to the bunnies Bye looks like a solid finals option.

But good observation, cheers. With an awful origin schedule I can't imagine I'll start with any wabbits.
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:37 pm

Taken me a week but finally caught up to all the chat! Hope everyone's had a cracking offseason. So pumped to rip into the trials from next weekend!

Likely going hard on high ceiling guys this year. Got Marzhew and Kiraz in my team atm Wink
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:48 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:Taken me a week but finally caught up to all the chat! Hope everyone's had a cracking offseason. So pumped to rip into the trials from next weekend!

Likely going hard on high ceiling guys this year. Got Marzhew and Kiraz in my team atm Wink

I have Kiraz in my team as well. Really hope he lands one of the CTR spots. Was a totally different player before coming back too early with an injury.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:24 pm

Lemmy KGB wrote:Hmm, now you got me thinking to just run Cleary and go for more value/upside guys (can't fit Cotter and Lane ATM).

One thing i've heard is people carrying Kris as a red dot like he's the CTR saviour. That seems a bit nutty to me.

Yeah this is my line of thinking especially with a lot of money in mid-rangers and nearly all of the basement price cash cows being super risky (strange, Weekes, iro, cotric, Willison, etc.). If there were more cheapies I might be a bit more torn.
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:50 pm

My team is currently looking like this:

Cheese
    Curran RFM* Cotter
    A.Crichton* Lane
    Fogarty Cleary(c)
    Burbo* Ramien
    Pap Campbell* Sivo

Blore* Lussick Piakura Tatola
    S.Hughes* Weekes* Flanagan Talau*

With 93k in the bank to help with upgrades down the line.

*Likely to change based on TLT.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:14 am

mattnz wrote:Souths could have a rough start to the season.

Missing Wighton, Graham and now some doubt on Walker, who has a calf injury, so has withdrawn from the Allstar game.

Their opening draw is tough:
    Manly (the with Turbo version)
    Broncos
    Roosters (at full strength finally)
    Bulldogs (by far their easiest game of the first few rounds)
    Warriors
    Sharks
    Bye
    Storm
    Penrith

Thats a lot of likely top 8 teams.
    I am confident at worst Cody will be back round 2. Hoping Murray partner baby comes late we get Jack back round 3.

But yes Wighton, Campbell and Munro defs out round 1. If Cody plays round 1 I think we can win.

I’m more worried about Brisbane up there than Roosters down here who I think we can beat.

The game in there I’m least confident in is Storm away we’ve never won down there.

I’d be happy with 5 and 3 after those 8 games but realise 4 and 4 is what it could be.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:49 am