NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Mulvy
    Mulvy

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:14 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:Kids, maybe Brad Arthur uses "80 minutes" as a way of saying "big minutes". He's not a fantasy coach.

You will notice my post said big minutes rather than 80 minutes.

mickspicks wrote:

I've heard he won't use his bench at all this year. Even if a player goes down. It's 80 minutes or nothing at all. Genius stuff by BA.

Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:30 pm

my tv broke wrote:For a while ive been thinking id start with Hopgood, because he seems like a guy who will jump out of the blocks early rounds again, and then just taper off as the season wears in. The hot start is just gut feel.

That is all though. No idea what a squad will look like yet

Last year he was a no brainer to start with, because the Eels started with so many injuries in their pack.

I'm sure he'll play 80 in the odd game or so, but they are basically full strength to start the season ( he says without a single trial being played) so I think its a bit of wishful thinking hoping he kicks on again.

I have severe doubts about Eels playing the same hooker for 80 minutes every week too, but Hands/Lussick are both cheap enough to make it worth the gamble. Just won't have either as my sole hooker
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:33 pm

mickspicks wrote:
    mattnz wrote:

Brailey is captain and an 80 minute hooker.

Is he still an 80 minute hooker? He's played 13 games in two years. That means not much match fitness at all. Maybe he becomes an 80 minute hooker again as the season progresses, but with the way Crossland was at 9 I can see him taking minutes to start off with (and also a stint at lock).

Barry Toohey, who is normally fairly reliable for Knights news suggested they would split time to start the season.

But Brailey has basically never been subbed as a knight except due to injury, so I would expect if he gets back to full fitness he'd play 80 minutes a lot. Too risky to start the season with though I think
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:36 pm

mattnz wrote:Also Arthur on Hopgood.....

“I know he’s been 18th man for Queensland. I know if he keeps working on his consistency of being an 80-minute player, he won’t be far off. We’ve got a few guys who should be in the mix again for NSW with Junior Paulo, Reg, ‘Gutho’ [Clint Gutherson] and Mitch [Moses].”

This is Brad Arthur speak for not losing focus, rather than that he will play 80 minutes - he means giving it his all while on the field. Annoying but true
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:42 pm

Tom Brady x Reece Walsh

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackPeopleTwitter/s/Sw8DHygCSZ
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Feb 04, 2024 6:49 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Barry Toohey, who is normally fairly reliable for Knights news suggested they would split time to start the season.

But Brailey has basically never been subbed as a knight except due to injury, so I would expect if he gets back to full fitness he'd play 80 minutes a lot. Too risky to start the season with though I think

Nice. That is my thoughts. Will be interesting how that all plays out.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:12 pm

Mulvy wrote:

You will notice my post said big minutes rather than 80 minutes.

Very Happy

A lot of the gun MIDs have ?

Haas (priced 64):
    Pros: No byes until Origin and good bye schedule throughout means you could keep whole season, Flegler leaving might mean extra mins, massive ceiling
    Cons: Not really any value, may run less away from middle for easy TBs and offloads

Yeo (priced 63)
    Pros: Much more likely to play 80, solid bye schedule through Origin, very consistent
    Cons: No massive ceiling so priced at value, early bye R6 which would mean 1.8m on bench

Hopgood (priced 61):
    Pros: Not guaranteed Origin, easily top 2 for EDG, undervalued if Brad Arthur isn’t talking shit
    Cons: Teams will probably be aware to his offloads (pre-Origin had 4 games with 4+ offloads vs 1 post R12), lots of games with at least 1 of Matterson/Paulo/RCG out, bye schedule not ideal if selected from Origin 2 (would miss 3 of 5 then)

JDB (priced 58)
    Pros: Underpriced due to few bench games, very unlikely for Origin
    Cons: New coach (saw video mentioning that Flanagan said JDB was playing too many mins when he was commentating last year).

Tino/AFB early bye for Tino, AFB career year for tries, too inconsistent anyway

Murray (priced 58)
    Pros: Was high 60s in 2022 (2023 lower mainly due to lower offloads, higher penalties and errors)
    Cons: Awful bye schedule through Origin, Demetriou has said Murray could move to EDG to accommodate Duncan coming on, possibly tough R7 bye with Tatola option as well
    Rooster Booster
    Rooster Booster

Post by Rooster Booster Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:45 pm

Thought it was a bit strange Bronson Xerri wasn't playing in this weekends trial against the Dragons/Steelers, thought he'd need all the game time as possible to get up to speed.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:03 pm

As we get close to round 1 and the first TLT is released, I can see lots of players from Souths, Manly, Roosters and Broncos being over-represented in teams, just because they are named first, to give some certainty.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:06 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Haas (priced 64):
    Pros: No byes until Origin and good bye schedule throughout means you could keep whole season, Flegler leaving might mean extra mins, massive ceiling
    Cons: Not really any value, may run less away from middle for easy TBs and offloads

Yeo (priced 63)
    Pros: Much more likely to play 80, solid bye schedule through Origin, very consistent
    Cons: No massive ceiling so priced at value, early bye R6 which would mean 1.8m on bench

Hopgood (priced 61):
    Pros: Not guaranteed Origin, easily top 2 for EDG, undervalued if Brad Arthur isn’t talking shit
    Cons: Teams will probably be aware to his offloads (pre-Origin had 4 games with 4+ offloads vs 1 post R12), lots of games with at least 1 of Matterson/Paulo/RCG out, bye schedule not ideal if selected from Origin 2 (would miss 3 of 5 then)

JDB (priced 58)
    Cons: New coach (saw video mentioning that Flanagan said JDB was playing too many mins when he was commentating last year).

Murray (priced 58)
    Pros: Was high 60s in 2022 (2023 lower mainly due to lower offloads, higher penalties and errors)
    Cons: Awful bye schedule through Origin, Demetriou has said Murray could move to EDG to accommodate Duncan coming on, possibly tough R7 bye with Tatola option as well

Nice post. Good point about Hopgood's offloads being targeted by defence, one of the reasons I'm a bit iffy. I don't mind the look of Tatola. Had an injury affected 2023 and had zero attacking stats, which means anything other than zero is upside. Signed until 2028 and into his prime at age 27 should make him leader of the pack. I'd appreciate any further insights into Tatola.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:10 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Haas (priced 64):

Yeo (priced 63)

Hopgood (priced 61):

JDB (priced 58)

Murray (priced 58)

It's pretty much Haas and then daylight, with Yeo being a good pod option for teams that are running two gun MIDs.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:25 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

It's pretty much Haas and then daylight, with Yeo being a good pod option for teams that are running two gun MIDs.

Excluding injury Murray 62 at lock in 2021 and 65 in 2022
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:33 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Nice post. Good point about Hopgood's offloads being targeted by defence, one of the reasons I'm a bit iffy. I don't mind the look of Tatola. Had an injury affected 2023 and had zero attacking stats, which means anything other than zero is upside. Signed until 2028 and into his prime at age 27 should make him leader of the pack. I'd appreciate any further insights into Tatola.

I got on Tatola during Origin last year. If you’re hoping for attacking stats I’d be looking elsewhere (legit how does he only have 4 offloads in the last 2 years)

There’s undeniably value at low 40s for Tatola but can he get past 45. I think 2022 was an outlier for tries/attacking stats (4 tries in 2022 vs 5 tries in rest of career, nearly double TBs on rest of career)
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:55 pm

Tatola is a head down arse up get the job done type player for what its worth have him myself purely for his price, as a Bunny supporter I really hope Shaquai can force his way into the 17, he has impressed me with every opportunity he has been given and has some ball skills, minutes are a concern.

Last edited by Aardvark Ratnick on Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 04, 2024 8:56 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Excluding injury Murray 62 at lock in 2021 and 65 in 2022

Why do you think Murray did so badly last season? He averaged 1 more minute than in 2022.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:49 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:Tom Brady x Reece Walsh

https://www.reddit.com/r/BlackPeopleTwitter/s/Sw8DHygCSZ

I wanted to see that haha cheers, this is what generated the headlines of 20 to 30 million unsigned Nfl player haha
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:

Last  year he was a no brainer to start with, because the Eels started with so many injuries in their pack.

I'm sure he'll play 80 in the odd game or so, but they are basically full strength to start the season ( he says without a single trial being played) so I think its a bit of wishful thinking hoping he kicks on again.

I have severe doubts about Eels playing the same hooker for 80 minutes every week too, but Hands/Lussick are both cheap enough to make it worth the gamble. Just won't have either as my sole hooker

I wouldnt be picking him thinking hed be an 80 mins player. Just a gut feel he can put up a few 70+ scores early season in sluggish first few rounds where hyperactive mids like hopgood are on 40-45 pts at half time. Some drongos will cop HIA's and he'll squeeze an 80 min game or two in, and the posts about it will be punishing

Ive given this like 20 seconds thought and in all likelihood i wont have him, once make a squad and realise its not possible to squeeze every 'nice to have gut feel' in

Hopgood being a week in week out 80 min player makes zero sense. Itll be the hooker. My guess is 68.68689 mins per game. Not a hot take
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:38 pm

Mulvy wrote:A lot of people have me on block. Understandable.
    I’m just gonna come out and say it I could be wrong I’ve never had you on block but think you might have me on block guess I will know soon enough lol!
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:39 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Walker (because Suallii may well not play)
    Papenhuyzen (because you'd love to see it)
    Lomax (until he misses two in a row then it's over to the coach's lad)
    Burton (because the Bulldogs make bad decisions)
    I think Suaali will play Tupou might miss out.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:43 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I think Suaali will play Tupou might miss out.

He turns 33 this season

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:56 am