NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:08 pm

that's the problem with picking any rooster forwards. they have great forward depth & few of them can play big mins their edges are more than capable of playing in the middle. e.g. if wong starts & angus on the bench you don't know if wong gets a rest because angus will come on at edge or will wong play 70+ mins with angus resting the middle forwards. also the suspension of jwh throws a bit of uncertainty into the mix if for example you want terrell may.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:20 pm

White Lightning wrote:that's the problem with picking any rooster forwards. they have great forward depth & few of them can play big mins their edges are more than capable of playing in the middle. e.g. if wong starts & angus on the bench you don't know if wong gets a rest because angus will come on at edge or will wong play 70+ mins with angus resting the middle forwards. also the suspension of jwh throws a bit of uncertainty into the mix if for example you want terrell may.

A 70 or even a 60-minute Wong is still around 10 points value.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:34 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Some trial team news via
    @MCarayannis

- Kade Dykes is set to play
    - Blake Taaffe will play fullback - Crichton, Kikau and Tracey all rested.
    - Dom Young and Spencer Leniu will play.
    - Michael Jennings will return via NSW Cup.
    - Will Pryce and Jack Cogger will play.

Rugby League Journalists and in particular, Michael Carayannis are proponents of MattNZ Bingo - you may as well let Rabbits21 write and publish his dribble
    https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/01/17/why-carayannis-believes-parramatta-will-miss-finals-again-in-2024/
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:37 pm

White Lightning wrote:that's the problem with picking any rooster forwards. they have great forward depth & few of them can play big mins their edges are more than capable of playing in the middle. e.g. if wong starts & angus on the bench you don't know if wong gets a rest because angus will come on at edge or will wong play 70+ mins with angus resting the middle forwards. also the suspension of jwh throws a bit of uncertainty into the mix if for example you want terrell may.

Egan Butcher? Sitili (may be used off the bench in rither mid or 2rf)? NButch (although expecting him to be in the middle).

There's going to be so much rotation until probably post origin in that pack.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:22 pm

With the strength of the roosters mids (JWH, COLLINS, RADLEY, LENIU, TERRELL, BS9/WATSON) im assuming Nutcher resumes normal programming on one edge

Angus the other if hes anywhere near his best again

Or maybe they just stick with the same plan as last year with Wong Dong playing 50ish mins and not returning

Sauce: me, nfi
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:39 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Amateurs none of them are  keen on Haas lol because they think he doesn’t have value.

I don't see why that's funny
    It's a reasonable take; he's averaged over 60 only once in the last 3 years, so being priced at 64 he is unlikely to offer value (especially if you hold through to the first bye or beyond).

I think selecting him is not really about making money anyway.
    At the top end you mostly hope that they don't lose value
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:43 pm

Hey Lads bout that time again. Haven't read much of the chat this year, but have been paying close attention to Made a team not gonna touch it till after trials, but let me know what you think of the team.

Grant
    Haas Leniu Harris
    Piakura Wong
    Cleary Schuster
    Arthers Strange
    Papy Campbell S.Katoa

Curran Lussick RFM Ofa
    Flanno Weekes Iro V.Fifita 109K ITB

A few insider tips from me, Keep a close eye on Sloan in the trials, Got a mate in the dragons system who reckons sloans in for a huge year this year if he gets the fullback nod. Keep an eye out for Jamal Shibisaki around origin time, if he gets a crack hes a PPM monster with plenty of attacking stat upside even if he only gets 25/30 mins off the bench. Blake Mozer WILL take the starting hooker spot at the broncos at some point this year, guy is a gun and has had the preseason of his life...
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:48 pm

King Assassin wrote:Blake Mozer WILL take the starting hooker spot at the broncos at some point this year, guy is a gun and has had the preseason of his life...

Cant see it happening this year tbh. Bit far down the pecking order atm. Yet to become a fully fledged 9 in q cup. I think Broncos would have to be well out of the 8 for drastic changes in 2024
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:50 pm

King Assassin wrote:Hey Lads bout that time again. Haven't read much of the chat this year, but have been paying close attention to Made a team not gonna touch it till after trials, but let me know what you think of the team.

Grant
    Haas Leniu Harris
    Piakura Wong
    Cleary Schuster
    Arthers Strange
    Papy Campbell S.Katoa

Curran Lussick RFM Ofa
    Flanno Weekes Iro V.Fifita 109K ITB

A few insider tips from me, Keep a close eye on Sloan in the trials, Got a mate in the dragons system who reckons sloans in for a huge year this year if he gets the fullback nod. Keep an eye out for Jamal Shibisaki around origin time, if he gets a crack hes a PPM monster with plenty of attacking stat upside even if he only gets 25/30 mins off the bench. Blake Mozer WILL take the starting hooker spot at the broncos at some point this year, guy is a gun and has had the preseason of his life...

Sione Katoa is an odd pick? Expecting bounce back to earlier years/early draw?

Kinda like Johnston where he scores loads of tries but doesn’t really have good base. Rest seems stock standard minus a few personally I think are traps (Leniu, Arthars)

Strange and Weekes won’t work together. Both fighting for 5/8
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:52 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Rugby League Journalists and in particular, Michael Carayannis are proponents of MattNZ Bingo - you may as well let Rabbits21 write and publish his dribble
    https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/01/17/why-carayannis-believes-parramatta-will-miss-finals-again-in-2024/

Speaking of bingo
    You're very close to striking Easy Tiger bingo
    Lay off the Matt attacks or you get to win a break from the forum

Just a reminder that this is a fantasy forum. Disagreeing with someone's takes is fine, but this ongoing prodding a fellow fanatic is not
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:00 pm

Happy new year all. Hope everyone took some time away from fantasy to rest and refresh but knowing you lot I doubt it
    King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:04 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Cant see it happening this year tbh. Bit far down the pecking order atm. Yet to become a fully fledged 9 in q cup. I think Broncos would have to be well out of the 8 for drastic changes in 2024

Yeah fair enough but definitely someone to keep an eye on especially if there is an injury or 2. I think if he gets a crack it'll be hard to take him back out. Another one in a similar position is Tom Duffy at the cows, Chad Townsend could be on the out especially if cows cant crack top 8 this year. Tom Duffy is there guy of the future. Ik they have Clifford there as well now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Duffy crack into the team at some point this year if they're underperforming.
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:08 pm

easytiger wrote:

Speaking of bingo
    You're very close to striking Easy Tiger bingo
    Lay off the Matt attacks or you get to win a break from the forum

Just a reminder that this is a fantasy forum. Disagreeing with someone's takes is fine, but this ongoing prodding a fellow fanatic is not

NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 2 - We've all been waiting for Weekes - Page 48 Giphy
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:08 pm

easytiger wrote:

I don't see why that's funny
    It's a reasonable take; he's averaged over 60 only once in the last 3 years,  so being priced at 64 he is unlikely to offer value (especially if you hold through to the first bye or beyond).

I think selecting him is not really about making money anyway.
    At the top end you mostly hope that they don't lose value
    He’s a keeper though with keepers I don’t think as much about value as they’re set and forget like you say. . Haas starts the year big often too if you don’t have him and he takes off you could be left behind. No early byes either like a Murray does. Brisbane run isn’t easy early they’ll play Haas big mins

King Assassin
    King Assassin

Post by King Assassin Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:10 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Sione Katoa is an odd pick? Expecting bounce back to earlier years/early draw?

Kinda like Johnston where he scores loads of tries but doesn’t really have good base. Rest seems stock standard minus a few personally I think are traps (Leniu, Arthars)

Strange and Weekes won’t work together. Both fighting for 5/8

I like the sharks early season schedule, he's a guy I'm hoping could make quick cash with a few good scores scoring a few try's so I can get another gun in early. He's done it before in stretches so here's to hoping he can do it again.

If Leniu doesn't start he wont be in my team, But Penrith only ever used him in short spurts, so if he can get closer to 40 minutes a game then I believe there is upside.

Arthurs I'm definitely not sold on, Just not a fan of starting with 2 base price centres, its burnt me in the past being stuck and not being able to upgrade them.

Yeah definitely wont have both strange and weekes, so hopefully another couple of base price guys show themselves come round 1.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:34 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    He’s a keeper though with keepers I don’t think as much about value as they’re set and forget like you say. . Haas starts the year big often too if you don’t have him and he takes off you could be left behind. No early byes either like a Murray does. Brisbane run isn’t easy early they’ll play Haas big mins

Haas big mins, steady on there buddy, this isnt the red hot take thread
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:42 pm

on the haas issue he doesn't need to provide value he's a gun & you pay for the points not the profit
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:48 pm

i'm surprised ramien hasn't been discussed as a ctr option since the sharks have a great opening draw & he's cheaper than penisini...maybe the rd 1 game in nz is putting people off but from rd 2-4 they have BULLDOGS, wests, RAIDERS then the bye
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:57 pm

White Lightning wrote:on the haas issue he doesn't need to provide value he's a gun & you pay for the points not the profit

You still want value where possible in your guns

Especially if it’s a gun you may sell over Origin
    OB
    OB

Post by OB Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:02 pm

Camo123 wrote:

You still want value where possible in your guns

Especially if it’s a gun you may sell over Origin

Agreed.

Seeking value in all non-captained positions means you theoretically (statistically) should score higher in any given round assuming you don't leave much in the bank.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:03 pm