NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21144
    Reputation : 12560
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Mulvy Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:07 pm

    Who kicks goals for the Tigers now that Brooks has departed? Sezer??
    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4146
    Reputation : 4891
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Te Waipounamu

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by easytiger Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:16 pm

    Mulvy wrote:Who kicks goals for the Tigers now that Brooks has departed? Sezer??

    That seems the most likely (generally an 80% kicker, so an improvement on what they've had)

    Api likely the backup kicker
    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4146
    Reputation : 4891
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Te Waipounamu

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by easytiger Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:29 pm

    Milchcow wrote:

    There is almost zero chance Brooks is a better fantasy buy though. He's more than twice the price of Weekes

    Weekes is enticing because he is barely above base price, and expected to start. We'll all have him in our 21 if he does start
    Alfie wrote:
    I don’t think a player of MS’ ilk was considering Brooks Laughing

    Pretty sure MS was just suggesting that even if Brooks averages under 40 because he's playing next to a dominant DCE, he'll still average more than Weekes...

    Don't think there was any suggestion that Brooks is more fantasy relevant

    From memory the average fantasy score for starting five-eighths last year was only around 36, so to suggest a 1 game rookie (who had a shocker) will be in the upper echelon was a pretty hot take
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 6833
    Reputation : 2877
    Join date : 2018-02-05

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Bethany_B Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:44 pm

    Mulvy wrote:

    Torn pec in origin 2 wasn't it?  Cook came on and played centre.

    Apologies, I confused that injury with his one in 2022 which was a dislocated shoulder. 2023 was that pec in Origin
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

    Posts : 2193
    Reputation : 2648
    Join date : 2018-01-16
    Age : 40
    Location : Canberra

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by L-Jimmy Sat Jan 27, 2024 2:24 pm

    ET's notes on the smaller field reduces TTurb's attractiveness a little.

    Probably not enough to change my mind, because I'm a damn idiot who keeps buying the fragile fucker at every opportunity.

    But, you know, smart people might be less inclined to start with him
    Alfie
    Alfie

    Posts : 1316
    Reputation : 561
    Join date : 2018-01-20

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Alfie Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:48 pm

    It was bizarre how tame Tom was to begin the season but he seemed to regain form the game before Origin, with big games against the Raiders and the Dolphins after game 1. 2021 will never be matched by anyone ever but if he can miraculously stay fit, he could easily hit a 60 average. It’s a matter of when not if he gets injured again though unfortunately
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21144
    Reputation : 12560
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Mulvy Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:48 pm

    Alfie wrote:It was bizarre how tame Tom was to begin the season but he seemed to regain form the game before Origin, with big games against the Raiders and the Dolphins after game 1. 2021 will never be matched by anyone ever but if he can miraculously stay fit, he could easily hit a 60 average. It’s a matter of when not if he gets injured again though unfortunately

    A positive is that the shoulder injury and the torn pec are more of the freak injury kind, rather than the serial weak hammies or whatever. He seemed to benefit from the overseas sojourn though.
    Alfie
    Alfie

    Posts : 1316
    Reputation : 561
    Join date : 2018-01-20

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Alfie Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:51 pm

    Mulvy wrote:

    A positive is that the shoulder injury and the torn pec are more of the freak injury kind, rather than the serial weak hammies or whatever. He seemed to benefit from the overseas sojourn though.

    I can’t help thinking he has some sort of soft tissue disorder. Most of his injuries over the years have occurred with very little pressure. His injury history is quite unbelievable really, can’t recall many players to have gone through such a variety of injuries.

    2016 ankle
    2017 ankle/knee
    2018 ankle
    2019 hammy
    2019 pec
    2020 hammy
    2020 shoulder
    2021 hamstring
    2022 shoulder
    2023 hamstring
    2023 pec
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21144
    Reputation : 12560
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Mulvy Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:27 pm

    Alfie wrote:

    I can’t help thinking he has some sort of soft tissue disorder. Most of his injuries over the years have occurred with very little pressure. His injury history is quite unbelievable really, can’t recall many players to have gone through such a variety of injuries.

    2016 ankle
    2017 ankle/knee
    2018 ankle
    2019 hammy
    2019 pec
    2020 hammy
    2020 shoulder
    2021 hamstring
    2022 shoulder
    2023 hamstring
    2023 pec

    I just love the guy. Had him for his massive run in 2021. I've been burned too, but not enough to dismiss outright. I haven't done any WFB analysis, I usually go top to bottom. So, hookers, Jayden Brailey stands out to me.
    Alfie
    Alfie

    Posts : 1316
    Reputation : 561
    Join date : 2018-01-20

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Alfie Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:51 pm

    Mulvy wrote:

    I just love the guy. Had him for his massive run in 2021. I've been burned too, but not enough to dismiss outright. I haven't done any WFB analysis, I usually go top to bottom. So, hookers, Jayden Brailey stands out to me.

    Hasn’t left my draft at any point haha. The reward still outweighs the risk tenfold and as a Manly tragic, it’s double the dopamine if he goes on a tear drunken  
    Love the look of Brailey too
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 6833
    Reputation : 2877
    Join date : 2018-02-05

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Bethany_B Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:25 pm

    Mulvy wrote:

    I just love the guy. Had him for his massive run in 2021. I've been burned too, but not enough to dismiss outright. I haven't done any WFB analysis, I usually go top to bottom. So, hookers, Jayden Brailey stands out to me.

    Crossland being on the Knights bench has me wary of Brailey. If we knew for sure that he would play lock instead of hooker off the bench, then I would be planning to own Brailey.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11999
    Reputation : 4977
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Rabbits21 Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:48 pm

    Bethany_B wrote:

    Crossland being on the Knights bench has me wary of Brailey. If we knew for sure that he would play lock instead of hooker off the bench, then I would be planning to own Brailey.
    I have Robson at hooker currently. Same concern for me re Brailey.

    Anyone keen on Moses Suli at centre? Around that 450k mark has been above 550k before.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21144
    Reputation : 12560
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Mulvy Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:51 pm

    Bethany_B wrote:

    Crossland being on the Knights bench has me wary of Brailey. If we knew for sure that he would play lock instead of hooker off the bench, then I would be planning to own Brailey.

    Crossland was really good, but Brailey was always an 80 minute guy, potential for 50+ scores and fabulous byes. He's in the running for mine.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11291
    Reputation : 7935
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Camo123 Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:25 am

    Mulvy wrote:

    Crossland was really good, but Brailey was always an 80 minute guy, potential for 50+ scores and fabulous byes. He's in the running for mine.

    Barry Toohey said likely time share to start season
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 9480
    Reputation : 6602
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:00 am

    Milchcow wrote:

    There is almost zero chance Brooks is a better fantasy buy though. He's more than twice the price of Weekes

    Weekes is enticing because he is barely above base price, and expected to start. We'll all have him in our 21 if he does start
    Alfie wrote:
    I don’t think a player of MS’ ilk was considering Brooks Laughing
    easytiger wrote:
    Pretty sure MS was just suggesting that even if Brooks averages under 40 because he's playing next to a dominant DCE, he'll still average more than Weekes...

    Don't think there was any suggestion that Brooks is more fantasy relevant

    From memory the average fantasy score for starting five-eighths last year was only around 36, so to suggest a 1 game rookie (who had a shocker) will be in the upper echelon was a pretty hot take

    You all pretty much nailed it. Weekes is much more fantasy relevant and will be in my 21 if he starts but I have very tempered expectations. If he gets the 6 spot he could easily score like rookie year Ilias. At fullback he probably projects as a Sloan-esq scorer requiring big plays in a likely bottom 4 team

    That still sees low-mid 30s as an average but there could be some very down week(e)s
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 9480
    Reputation : 6602
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:02 am

    Bethany_B wrote:

    Crossland being on the Knights bench has me wary of Brailey. If we knew for sure that he would play lock instead of hooker off the bench, then I would be planning to own Brailey.

    I think Brailey and Elliott will both be good fantasy value despite Crossland's existance.

    Crossland grew into the role last year but peak Brailey is a much better player
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 9480
    Reputation : 6602
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:03 am

    Camo123 wrote:

    Barry Toohey said likely time share to start season

    Put a pencil through Brailey in that case. Needs high base to score well
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 9480
    Reputation : 6602
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:06 am

    Might be trying too hard to find a fantasy relevant Dolphin due to byes but any love for SOS

    Averaged 45.5 when next playing next to Milford last year. Averaged 50 as a starting half in 2022 playing as Cleary-lite. Even his Warriors stint in 2021 was near 50 average including 1 absolute stinker
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12936
    Reputation : 8003
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by rhinoceroo Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:20 am

    multiple.scoregasms wrote:

    I think Brailey and Elliott will both be good fantasy value despite Crossland's existance.

    Crossland grew into the role last year but peak Brailey is a much better player

    Elliott hasn't left my pencilled team yet, and that's despite fiddling with the team every other day.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 9480
    Reputation : 6602
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 50 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:30 am

    rhinoceroo wrote:

    Elliott hasn't left my pencilled team yet, and that's despite fiddling with the team every other day.

    One of the few guys that can make 150k and be a borderline keeper

    Could easily get back to the scores we saw at Raiders now that he has a full preseason

      Current date/time is Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:09 pm