NRL Fantasy Fanatics



Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11999
    Reputation : 4977
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Rabbits21 Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:09 pm

    Anyone taking Seb Kris at centre if he’s named at FB round 1? Seems he scores better at centre

    Probs not too much value if FB but centre looks diabolical
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11999
    Reputation : 4977
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Rabbits21 Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:12 pm

    Bethany_B wrote:

    If Turbo looks fit and healthy leading into the season, he's a good option. Even injury-affected in 2023, he still averaged 47, which is basically keeper level at WFB.

    I need to see him fit first he was running like an old lady early last year even Uto ran him down. I had him first 6/7 rounds he only avg about 40 and let me down.

    Priced higher to start this season too no thanks.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12938
    Reputation : 8004
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by rhinoceroo Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:17 pm

    Rabbits21 wrote:Anyone taking Seb Kris at centre if he’s named at FB round 1? Seems he scores better at centre

    Probs not too much value if FB but centre looks diabolical

    Literally just posted that I might be interested even if he's not back until R2.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11999
    Reputation : 4977
    Join date : 2019-07-24

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Rabbits21 Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:43 am

    rhinoceroo wrote:

    Literally just posted that I might be interested even if he's not back until R2.
    I know but I thought you meant if he’s centre rather than FB where he doesn’t score quite as well.

    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 12938
    Reputation : 8004
    Join date : 2015-09-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by rhinoceroo Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:11 am

    Rabbits21 wrote:
    I know but I thought you meant if he’s centre rather than FB where he doesn’t score quite as well.


    Ah, ok. Yes it would give more clarity if he's around in R1 but would be really surprised if he's not playing centre with Stewart or Savage at fullback and Strange or Weekes at 5/8th.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11292
    Reputation : 7935
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Camo123 Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:56 am

    Bethany_B wrote:

    If Turbo looks fit and healthy leading into the season, he's a good option. Even injury-affected in 2023, he still averaged 47, which is basically keeper level at WFB.

    Averaged 47, priced at 47. Barring his anomaly season he’s around a 47-50 player.

    Teddy is the only one given he usually averages mid-50s but is he now just regressing with age. Tedesco also definitely sell over Origin as would miss 13, 14, 16, 19. I kinda want to avoid Origin players with awful bye schedules because you end up wasting 2 trades on players you want back.

    Players like Cleary and Haas don’t miss many additional games through Origin outside of rest
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

    Posts : 13386
    Reputation : 4362
    Join date : 2015-10-13

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by White Lightning Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:11 am

    what's up with lucas i saw some tweet from knights guy that's in the know that something about frizell swapping edges & rip lucas...is this inferring kpp will be starting. cheers.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

    Posts : 9480
    Reputation : 6602
    Join date : 2015-10-29
    Age : 30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by multiple.scoregasms Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:21 am

    My lukewarm take is that Brooks averages more than Weekes
    easytiger
    easytiger
    Moderator

    NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022
    Posts : 4146
    Reputation : 4891
    Join date : 2020-01-27
    Location : Te Waipounamu

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by easytiger Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:11 am

    rhinoceroo wrote:

    Ah, ok. Yes it would give more clarity if he's around in R1 but would be really surprised if he's not playing centre with Stewart or Savage at fullback and Strange or Weekes at 5/8th.

    I'm kind of expecting Kris to start the season at fullback (although obviously would prefer a base priced rookie) and then be shifted back to Centre at some point.

    RS on Savage: "Xavier needs a big off season. He knows that and if he is prepared to work hard and listen to our coaches he will fulfil his potential."
    - Sounds to me like the sort of thing you'd say if a young player is currently not living up to expectation.
    There are the odd rumours that Savage is on the outer (if they're to be believed), additionally when he was playing reserve grade last year he was largely playing Wing, not fullback - which probably doesn't help his case.

    RS on Stewart: "Chevy is progressing well and is well and truly in the mix to play NRL this season."
    - Sounds like he will get a shot at some point? but maybe not to start?

    Bring on TLT2

    If Kris is at fullback, there might be a case to grab him as a maybe passable early season 20's, 30's guy and hope Stewart gets his shot sooner rather than later?
    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 23424
    Reputation : 15814
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Milchcow Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:29 am

    my tv broke wrote:

    Dont really understand trying to convince the rest of the fantasy world he is amazing. Wouldn't it be better to keep that shit under wraps

    Trying to pretend you have some sort of secret knowledge about players is one of the most useless things Fantasy players can do. Team lists and prior stats are public knowledge. If everyone else is ignoring your guy, its because they think he's not worth it, not because they have somehow missed him

    Milchcow
    Milchcow
    Moderator

    Posts : 23424
    Reputation : 15814
    Join date : 2015-07-31

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Milchcow Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:32 am

    multiple.scoregasms wrote:My lukewarm take is that Brooks averages more than Weekes

    There is almost zero chance Brooks is a better fantasy buy though. He's more than twice the price of Weekes

    Weekes is enticing because he is barely above base price, and expected to start. We'll all have him in our 21 if he does start
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11139
    Reputation : 7632
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by robelgordo Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:05 am

    Does the split team lists for R1 matter? Like would it influence a 50/50 or 60/40 call between two players for you and what way?

    Could load up on Vegas players for certainty, or shy away so there’s more time and flexibility to restructure squad if someone is out.

    My gut is it means very little in the scheme of things but haven’t really examined yet
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11292
    Reputation : 7935
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Camo123 Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:08 am

    robelgordo wrote:Does the split team lists for R1 matter? Like would it influence a 50/50 or 60/40 call between two players for you and what way?

    Could load up on Vegas players for certainty, or shy away so there’s more time and flexibility to restructure squad if someone is out.

    My gut is it means very little in the scheme of things but haven’t really examined yet

    I don’t think it changes who I’d pick but it probably changes how you actually set out your team in R1. E.g. I probably wouldn’t VC Hynes or someone like that if you went with Cleary + Hynes in case TLT part 2 doesn’t pan out as expected and need to downgrade for cash

    Or like players like Lussick/Hands, might try and have them on bench rather than starting etc
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11139
    Reputation : 7632
    Join date : 2019-07-08
    Location : Sydney

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by robelgordo Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:13 am

    Camo123 wrote:

    I don’t think it changes who I’d pick but it probably changes how you actually set out your team in R1. E.g. I probably wouldn’t VC Hynes or someone like that if you went with Cleary + Hynes in case TLT part 2 doesn’t pan out as expected and need to downgrade for cash

    Or like players like Lussick/Hands, might try and have them on bench rather than starting etc

    Yeah I probably do a bit of that anyway, typically - early VC if I can, have the players playing latest or that I’m not sure about playing at 14-17
    Alfie
    Alfie

    Posts : 1316
    Reputation : 561
    Join date : 2018-01-20

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Alfie Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:37 am

    Milchcow wrote:

    There is almost zero chance Brooks is a better fantasy buy though. He's more than twice the price of Weekes

    Weekes is enticing because he is barely above base price, and expected to start. We'll all have him in our 21 if he does start

    I don’t think a player of MS’ ilk was considering Brooks Laughing
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 6833
    Reputation : 2877
    Join date : 2018-02-05

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Bethany_B Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:49 am

    Camo123 wrote:

    Averaged 47, priced at 47. Barring his anomaly season he’s around a 47-50 player.

    Teddy is the only one given he usually averages mid-50s but is he now just regressing with age. Tedesco also definitely sell over Origin as would miss 13, 14, 16, 19. I kinda want to avoid Origin players with awful bye schedules because you end up wasting 2 trades on players you want back.

    Players like Cleary and Haas don’t miss many additional games through Origin outside of rest

    That's fair enough. I currently have both Haas and Cleary in my team alongside Turbo. Starting with Turbo is taking a punt on him starting well and not getting injured for at least the first few rounds, and depending on what we hear from Manly between now and round 1, it may be a punt worth taking.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

    Posts : 25444
    Reputation : 17223
    Join date : 2016-01-08

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by my tv broke Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:17 am

    Without knowing what the options at wfb are like, if turbo was to average 47 then hes a decent buy tbh.

    You dont want to overload with cheapies that are "10 points underpriced" and then have most of them not actually be 10;points underpriced.

    A reliable 45-50 at wfb is gold early season

    I actually cant remember if and why turbo is injured this time around
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

    Posts : 6833
    Reputation : 2877
    Join date : 2018-02-05

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Bethany_B Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:32 am

    my tv broke wrote:Without knowing what the options at wfb are like, if turbo was to average 47 then hes a decent buy tbh.

    You dont want to overload with cheapies that are "10 points underpriced" and then have most of them not actually be 10;points underpriced.

    A reliable 45-50 at wfb is gold early season

    I actually cant remember if and why turbo is injured this time around

    He had a shoulder dislocation in Origin II last year that ruled him out for the season, have not heard of any injuries in training since then.

    As long as we don't hear of any new injuries and I don't need the money in another position, I'm very interested in Turbo.

    The exit strategy would be to trade him down to whichever cheapie/mid price player I missed
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

    Posts : 11292
    Reputation : 7935
    Join date : 2019-01-30

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Camo123 Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:49 am

    White Lightning wrote:what's up with lucas i saw some tweet from knights guy that's in the know that something about frizell swapping edges & rip lucas...is this inferring kpp will be starting. cheers.

    Just saw this on NRL Physio

    Kai Pearce Paul is now expected to get some game time in the preseason trials - initial reports from the Knights had him in some doubt for Round 1 after surgery on a chronic toe injury.

    He’s been on a limited training program but is considered a certain starter at some point.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy
    Moderator

    Posts : 21148
    Reputation : 12563
    Join date : 2016-01-26
    Location : Mulvania

    NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2024 Part 1 - Gates are open, come on in

    Post by Mulvy Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:54 am

    Bethany_B wrote:

    He had a shoulder dislocation in Origin II last year that ruled him out for the season, have not heard of any injuries in training since then.

    As long as we don't hear of any new injuries and I don't need the money in another position, I'm very interested in Turbo.

    The exit strategy would be to trade him down to whichever cheapie/mid price player I missed

    Torn pec in origin 2 wasn't it? Cook came on and played centre.

      Current date/time is Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:48 pm