NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy!

multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy! - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy!

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu May 25, 2023 3:51 am

Milchcow wrote:
    Who do people think are the genuine "must have" players for the run home (R20 onwards)

Cleary, Hynes, Fifita are the first 3 I think of. I don't think anyone will be able challenge for overall without all 3 of them (assuming they're all fit)

Grant is smashing it in hooker, think it will be tough to compete if you are relying on Robson/Cook/?? instead. Although over the short term, they may be able to match Grant's output

By stats, Haas and Yeo are clearly the best MIDs, but there are a lot of quite good ones just a step below. I think you'd need at least one of Haas/Yeo. Both if you can. After that there are a lot of guys who can do a job.

After Fifita there are plenty of half-decent edges. Don't think any of them are essential (obviously like nay position, someone might go on a big run of form and become required, but at this point couldn't single anyone out)

Plenty of 2nd tier halves around

Gagai is actually pretty close to Bird's average. Only owned by 0.2% of the top 5000, so you can't say  he is a "must have"
    Bird looks like he is required though, unless new the new Dragons coaching regime starts moving him around too much

Any must have WFBs?
    Its been a bit of a crap shoot this year. Everyone is putting up poor scores of some form or another.
    I think that there will be 1-2 that will be clear winners over the past 8 rounds. But can anyone pick them without hindsight? I think most of the top teams will include Teddy and hope he hits form.

I think of it in terms of Value Over Replacement Player

From what we have seen so far I think the only 2 players you can't miss are Cleary and Hynes. Both just a tier above the rest.

We have seen Ipap/Angus/Bateman match Fifita over large sample sizes so if you think 2 of them can reach that form you could probably go without. Right now I think IPap+200k outscores Fifita

Similar with Grant, we have seen Cook/Koroisau match his scoring over large sample sizes

Bird looks far and away the best centre for anyone aiming for optimal 17. Over a few rounds there are a bunch of guys that could match him but I wouldn't count on it. Is probably 3rd after Cleary and Hynes for "must have" in my opinion

WFB like you mentioned noone has put their hand up yet as a keeper. Do you go with a proven gun in Teddy/Tommy/Ponga/Latrell? Do you back the new kids on the block Edwards/Walsh/Marzhew? When Papy returns is he going to score like a keeper? I think it's just a matter of picking 3 you are comfortable with and riding them to the end

Overall, if going with Ipap and Cook instead of Fifita and Grant gives you the cash to run with DCE instead of someone like Loiero on the bench you probably come out ahead
    Spectre
    Spectre

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy! - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy!

Post by Spectre Thu May 25, 2023 3:52 am

I’ve had Harris pencilled in all week, but now I’m thinking of going with either Sipley or Tatola which allows for a gun half in Moses/Johnson.

Have decent mids depth so it would be a 14-17 position cover until I cash out
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu May 25, 2023 3:56 am

Barry Toohey saying Hastings will be goal kicker
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 25, 2023 4:03 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

From what we have seen so far I think the only 2 players you can't miss are Cleary and Hynes. Both just a tier above the rest.

We have seen Ipap/Angus/Bateman match Fifita over large sample sizes so if you think 2 of them can reach that form you could probably go without. Right now I think IPap+200k outscores Fifita

Similar with Grant, we have seen Cook/Koroisau match his scoring over large sample sizes

Bird looks far and away the best centre for anyone aiming for optimal 17. Over a few rounds there are a bunch of guys that could match him but I wouldn't count on it. Is probably 3rd after Cleary and Hynes for "must have" in my opinion

WFB like you mentioned noone has put their hand up yet as a keeper. Do you go with a proven gun in Teddy/Tommy/Ponga/Latrell? Do you back the new kids on the block Edwards/Walsh/Marzhew? When Papy returns is he going to score like a keeper? I think it's just a matter of picking 3 you are comfortable with and riding them to the end

Overall, if going with Ipap and Cook instead of Fifita and Grant gives you the cash to run with DCE instead of someone like Loiero on the bench you probably come out ahead

Very sound advice.

I think anyone you bring in from now should be viewed with a long term plan in mind

Are they a part of your final 17?

If not, who are you targeting when you decide to trade them out?

I’d love to grab both Hynes and Fifita but if it means a distasteful compromise at another important position then you probably grab Hynes and make sure you are strong 1-18 and have good positional cover on your bench.
    Keeping an eye out for opportunities to fill a spot where prices may have dropped from their peak (cook, Ipap maybe Ponga) helps reach the goal.

But, ya know, plans are just plans
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu May 25, 2023 4:04 am

If you don't have Lachlan Miller, Phoenix Crossland and Brandon Smith... do you even really know fantasy?

Sad

Last edited by filthridden on Thu May 25, 2023 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Thu May 25, 2023 4:16 am

Coming around to the idea of trading Haas but to be honest it comes down to only a few options as I already have MID and EDG sorted this week. Do I bring in
    A)Bird
    B)Moses/SJ
    C)Drinkwater

Bye team as it stands

Cook
    JDB Tapine Horse
    Host Hopgood
    Crossland Katoa
    Lemuelu
    Ponga Garrick
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu May 25, 2023 4:18 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Can’t argue with that, no point relying on just the heavy hitters and then a bunch of shittos in your 14-17 with questionable job security or role. A good way to waste trades and leave points on the table playing short handed to make your 13 look good.

Trying to get a pool of bye friendly players in rotation and bank on the average
    It may not be the best player on paper but if they aren’t missing as many games or being rested it lets you spread the cash a little more and get a similar result.

So it may mean nikora/Bateman instead of Fifita but if they punch out 70 in a big bye then Fifita would need to go huge in the other weeks to offset that

So I have been the same way, once we get those extra 8 trades however after origin then I might look to bring back the yeo/grant players in as a luxury

Nekminnit King Gutho is in my team

Papadontbleach
    Papadontbleach

Post by Papadontbleach Thu May 25, 2023 4:30 am

danseels1985 wrote:Coming around to the idea of trading Haas but to be honest it comes down to only a few options as I already have MID and EDG sorted this week. Do I bring in
    A)Bird
    B)Moses/SJ
    C)Drinkwater

Bye team as it stands

Cook
    JDB Tapine Horse
    Host Hopgood
    Crossland Katoa
    Lemuelu
    Ponga Garrick

Bird is the long term play and should be in every team but it depends who your regular halves are. The team above does look weak in the halves but that could be because you already have both Cleary and Hynes.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu May 25, 2023 4:34 am

filthridden wrote:If you don't have Lachlan Miller, Phoenix Crossland and Brandon Smith... do you even really know fantasy?

Sad

The answer has to be 'No, fantasy isn't even a fleeting acquaintance'.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu May 25, 2023 4:38 am

Every time I have a break today I end up reversing Haas -> JdB to Haas -> Tohu, or vice versa

Think I’m sticking with Tohu + 150k now
    Dttragic2016
    Dttragic2016

Post by Dttragic2016 Thu May 25, 2023 4:46 am

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy! - Page 38 Screen13

Butterssss
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu May 25, 2023 4:51 am

The good thing for me out of this Butters rubbish is people mentioning that Jamie guy on the YouTubes. No way I can keep up with his pretty insane video schedule, but watched a couple and liked it a lot.

Scoop and him both gave a plug to footystatistics in a recent one, as have OTL in the past, which is weird because I thought from Butters that the business model was to trash your imagined opposition
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Thu May 25, 2023 4:52 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy! - Page 38 Screen13

Butterssss

Butters!!!!! Would you like to tell me why there's HAMBURGER HELPER IN MY MILK
    Lemmy KGB
    Lemmy KGB

Post by Lemmy KGB Thu May 25, 2023 4:53 am

Am I dumb, but if only your 13 scores, why are people saying it's possible to loop with a bye player?
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu May 25, 2023 4:55 am

RIP Tina. Iconic.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 25, 2023 4:55 am

Lemmy KGB wrote:Am I dumb, but if only your 13 scores, why are people saying it's possible to loop with a bye player?

Because auto-emergency rules apply for your starting 13.

If you have a NPR in your 13, then the game will still pull a player from INT or EMG into that position if it can.

For example, let's say you have three halves - SJ, Crossland, IKat and want to loop the latter two for your one remaining HLF spot.
    You could place a NPR in the second spot (e.g. Hynes) and then the game would pull in the highest ranked HLF you have in INT or EMG, which you can manipulate accordingly to loop.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 25, 2023 4:56 am

Lemmy KGB wrote:Am I dumb, but if only your 13 scores, why are people saying it's possible to loop with a bye player?
    Possibly for a better player? If Niko stinks it up at 14 with Boyd in the 13 then you can trade someone in like Moses and move him into the 13 where Boyd is for a second crack
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu May 25, 2023 4:59 am

Dttragic2016 wrote:NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy! - Page 38 Screen13

Butterssss

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 53 - Back to the footy! - Page 38 30vsxh
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Thu May 25, 2023 5:01 am

I knew Couchman would come in handy.

1/24 with 11 to play.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu May 25, 2023 5:03 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Because auto-emergency rules apply for your starting 13.

If you have a NPR in your 13, then the game will still pull a player from INT or EMG into that position if it can.

For example, let's say you have three halves - SJ, Crossland, IKat and want to loop the latter two for your one remaining HLF spot.
    You could place a NPR in the second spot (e.g. Hynes) and then the game would pull in the highest ranked HLF you have in INT or EMG, which you can manipulate accordingly to loop.

My loop:

Cook
    Harris Horse Hopgood
    Luki Ford
    Cleary SJ
    Bird Null
    Ponga Drinky Koula

Haas
    Hedwards
    KNik
    Crossland

Hosking
    Fifita
    Bula
    Tedesco

See how Knik goes tonight, If I don't like it, swap Crossland with Hedwards to come in for Cleary instead.

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:04 pm