NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 49 - Celebrating Indigenous Round

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 49 - Celebrating Indigenous Round - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 49 - Celebrating Indigenous Round

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 18, 2023 3:21 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Hi all, apologies for this post in advance but I have just returned to land after 6 days at sea with no reception and need some astute summary of what I've missed (you guys are the best Smile ).

Looks like it was a tough week for everyone, so I was absolutely stoked to see a green arrow on the rankings for me after a solid 970 points.

From what I've been able to gather, looks like everyone is panicking on Manu, Miller and Hosking. I own all three and have burned through my trades so they'll all be holds for me. Can trade Hosking to Tohu next week. No other raging fires means I likely miss out on HEdwards and Burbo, and probably too late (and sideways) for me to trade in Luki. Are there any other obvious buys after last round and TLT?

Leaves me with the following (bold play Round 13):

JMK
    Haas, Horse, Sele
    Hosking, Hopgood,
    Cleary, Hynes
    Bird, Lemuelu
    Miller, Drinkwater, Bula

I.Katoa, Difita, Cheese, Oloapu

Manu, Ford, SJ, Billy Smith

I'm fairly confident that holding on Trades for the week is the right move but please feel free to point out anything glaringly obvious. I'm sore, tired and have had next to no preparation for this round.

Love you all

N.B. If any Kiwis every get the chance to go fishing at the Three Kings Islands north of NZ, do it! Absolutely incredible fishing and completely untouched. Very fortunate the weather held out  to finally let us get out there.

I would look at selling Hosking for H Edwards (looks the goods and Ciraldo's said he's playing the rookies for performance reasons, so he's probably safe). You would still have 11/13 for round 13 which is fine. Then use the money you've banked to trade Ikat or Sele to a R14 gun (Ipap, Nikora, D Edwards etc.)

H Edwards also has the benefit of playing both R16 and R19, which likely will be harder bye rounds than R13.
    precursor
    precursor

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 49 - Celebrating Indigenous Round - Page 2 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 49 - Celebrating Indigenous Round

Post by precursor Thu May 18, 2023 3:23 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

From what I've been able to gather, looks like everyone is panicking on Manu, Miller and Hosking. I own all three and have burned through my trades so they'll all be holds for me. Can trade Hosking to Tohu next week.

Think many if not most are holding Manu, given he was going to be out with a bye next round anyway. Miller a hold at least until next round but many trading out Hosking. I guess Martin on the bench is something to be worried about. Wouldn't be surprised if Martin spells Sorensen and Hosking plays 80 but I'm not a Panthers rotation expert.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu May 18, 2023 3:25 pm

precursor wrote:

Think many if not most are holding Manu, given he was going to be out with a bye next round anyway. Miller a hold at least until next round but many trading out Hosking. I guess Martin on the bench is something to be worried about. Wouldn't be surprised if Martin spells Sorensen and Hosking plays 80 but I'm not a Panthers rotation expert.

He's still the most traded out player this week by a distance: 8.72% are selling Manu according to Footystats.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 18, 2023 3:27 pm

precursor wrote:

Its probably just one of those things that will be different every week with the panthers edges. Sorensen Hosking Martin and Salmon all going to get mins and how they fall each week might just depend on game situation.

Sorro going really well at the moment but a couple of quiet games and things could change again. Anyone's guess. They've got their big minute middles that allows them to mix it up on the edges mid game.

If I had Hosking I'd be jumping off. Salmon is getting around 30 mins a game, Sorro's just had the best game of his life, and Martin probably starts again soon (although he could take Sorro's spot, who knows.)

Garner is also putting pressure on all of them!! /s
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Thu May 18, 2023 3:37 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Its probably just one of those things that will be different every week with the panthers edges. Sorensen Hosking Martin and Salmon all going to get mins and how they fall each week might just depend on game situation.

Sorro going really well at the moment but a couple of quiet games and things could change again. Anyone's guess. They've got their big minute middles that allows them to mix it up on the edges mid game.

If I had Hosking I'd be jumping off. Salmon is getting around 30 mins a game, Sorro's just had the best game of his life, and Martin probably starts again soon (although he could take Sorro's spot, who knows.)

Well said, I'm jumping off Hosking this week and banking 210k going down to H Edwards (and trading Soni for Billy Smith), which will be useful for buying guys like Tohu, Ipap and D Edwards
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 18, 2023 3:39 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I would look at selling Hosking for H Edwards (looks the goods and Ciraldo's said he's playing the rookies for performance reasons, so he's probably safe). You would still have 11/13 for round 13 which is fine. Then use the money you've banked to trade Ikat or Sele to a R14 gun (Ipap, Nikora, D Edwards etc.)

H Edwards also has the benefit of playing both R16 and R19, which likely will be harder bye rounds than R13.
    16 and 19 are easier to cover - Eels, tigers, sharks, bulldogs all play both of these rounds.
    precursor
    precursor

Post by precursor Thu May 18, 2023 3:41 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Haha Garner. Forgot about Salmon as well. I guess there are too many question marks around their edges at the moment. Might just take the money and run, now watch him bang out a 70 against his old club.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu May 18, 2023 3:42 pm

I have also jumped off the sinking ship, HMAS LUKI. Options are now:

Hosking to Tapine and use all my cash this week
    Hosking to Tatola and get less points but have some flexibility on trades next week

I'm leaning the latter, but then Tapine will get his first try of the season and score 78 in 53 minutes, solely because I didn't pick him up.

Thoughts?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu May 18, 2023 3:42 pm

precursor wrote:

Haha Garner. Forgot about Salmon as well. I guess there are too many question marks around their edges at the moment. Might just take the money and run, now watch him bang out a 70 against his old club.

Hosking scoring untouched from a cleary short ball is a certainty tonight. Capewell left with thin air.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu May 18, 2023 3:45 pm

Thinking Papa might have got a tap on the shoulder. Much rather see loyal servants be given this option than dropped.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu May 18, 2023 3:46 pm

with joe o. going to the eels it may benefit utoi as joe o. was eating up his mins.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu May 18, 2023 3:48 pm

robelgordo wrote:I have also jumped off the sinking ship, HMAS LUKI. Options are now:

Hosking to Tapine and use all my cash this week
    Hosking to Tatola and get less points but have some flexibility on trades next week

I'm leaning the latter, but then Tapine will get his first try of the season and score 78 in 53 minutes, solely because I didn't pick him up.

Thoughts?

I'm getting Tapine for Hosking to do us Horse owners a favour.  Getting him with the thinking Horse will be picked for Origin but.........because I'm on Tapine, he won't and I'll have Tapine scoring 47 points in 51 minutes next week due to a full strength Raiders pack, but we all get a revved up Horse!

You're welcome.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu May 18, 2023 3:49 pm

I am taking Hedwards this week but I am a bit conflicted. I need a replacement for Lane and I have enough DPPs that I can replace him with a MID.

Just wary that just around the corner there could be Ofahengaue potentially playing big minutes at PROP and Adam Ellioit who may well end up displacing Leo Thompson at LOCK at the Knights...

If I wait until next week I am playing Ese'ese and have 1.3 million dollars of man flesh as red dots (Lane and Manu) If I trade in Hedwards this week, I could make a bunch of cash this week that might keep on giving in R14

What would you do

TU: Go Hedwards and do not look back
    TD: Be cagey save trades and pick up one of Elliot/Ofahengaue/Hedwards next week once 50 to 70k in price rises have bolted
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 18, 2023 3:51 pm

White Lightning wrote:with joe o. going to the eels it may benefit utoi as joe o. was eating up his mins.

An extra 10 minutes for Klem or Twal makes them keepers, Uto still a mid ranger even with more minutes.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu May 18, 2023 3:54 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Hi all, apologies for this post in advance but I have just returned to land after 6 days at sea with no reception and need some astute summary of what I've missed (you guys are the best Smile ).

Looks like it was a tough week for everyone, so I was absolutely stoked to see a green arrow on the rankings for me after a solid 970 points.

From what I've been able to gather, looks like everyone is panicking on Manu, Miller and Hosking. I own all three and have burned through my trades so they'll all be holds for me. Can trade Hosking to Tohu next week. No other raging fires means I likely miss out on HEdwards and Burbo, and probably too late (and sideways) for me to trade in Luki. Are there any other obvious buys after last round and TLT?

Leaves me with the following (bold play Round 13):

JMK
    Haas, Horse, Sele
    Hosking, Hopgood,
    Cleary, Hynes
    Bird, Lemuelu
    Miller, Drinkwater, Bula

I.Katoa, Difita, Cheese, Oloapu

Manu, Ford, SJ, Billy Smith

I'm fairly confident that holding on Trades for the week is the right move but please feel free to point out anything glaringly obvious. I'm sore, tired and have had next to no preparation for this round.

Love you all

N.B. If any Kiwis every get the chance to go fishing at the Three Kings Islands north of NZ, do it! Absolutely incredible fishing and completely untouched. Very fortunate the weather held out  to finally let us get out there.
    I would hold trades in your position, and use trades next week to fix the unforeseen
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu May 18, 2023 3:55 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Performance? We’ve lost to the Raiders and the Warriors in consecutive weeks.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 18, 2023 3:56 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:I am taking Hedwards this week but I am a bit conflicted. I need a replacement for Lane and I have enough DPPs that I can replace him with a MID.

Just wary that just around the corner there could be Ofahengaue potentially playing big minutes at PROP and Adam Ellioit who may well end up displacing Leo Thompson at LOCK at the Knights...

If I wait until next week I am playing Ese'ese and have 1.3 million dollars of man flesh as red dots (Lane and Manu) If I trade in Hedwards this week, I could make a bunch of cash this week that might keep on giving in R14

What would you do

TU: Go Hedwards and do not look back
    TD: Be cagey save trades and pick up one of Elliot/Ofahengaue/Hedwards next week once 50 to 70k in price rises have bolted

The price of Elliott and Ofa isnt going anywhere this week. If Edwards is your guy it needs to be this week.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Thu May 18, 2023 3:56 pm

If Ofahengaue was starting I would pick him up this week

What are the chances of a really sexy alien abducting Utoikamanu and showing him the time of his life on Saturday?
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu May 18, 2023 4:05 pm

If I got an extra 10 minutes I would be a keeper too at 11 minutes

House and car clean like a domestic goddess, Trades locked in, belts unlatched a couple notches ready for a cracker of a thursday game

Alamonti my dear watson
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcXUj2X5yq0
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu May 18, 2023 4:07 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:If Ofahengaue was starting I would pick him up this week

What are the chances of a really sexy alien abducting Utoikamanu and showing him the time of his life on Saturday?

Depends if he mistakes Bali with Manus island

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:38 pm