NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by Antipodean1 Thu May 11, 2023 8:35 pm

I brought in the Horse & JDB in recent weeks trying to avoid origin players.

So yeah they will defo get picked now Rip
    Loomer
    Loomer

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters  - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 46 - You say which fantasy group is at the top? I Can't Believe It's Not Butters

Post by Loomer Thu May 11, 2023 8:35 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

I am a Kiwi, but I have followed league since the early 80s, my team had always been the Raiders.

I will say this, through many years I have been a fairly unbiased viewer of Warriors games and have witnessed an overwhelming feeling of ref bias.

a lot of the 50/50 calls seem to go against the Warriors.

Over recent years I felt it had improved quite substantially from the earlier years, where previously it is a running joke amongst many fans that the Warriors play against 14 men.

I am sure if there is any bias it is unconscious, but I have seen it.

Read through loads of comments on reddit from what seemed a lot of neutrals and one person made a good point. Maybe it seems like Warriors had a bad run of calls not because Warriors but last 3 opponents Storm Roosters Penrith get favours. I thought Dragons were straight up robbed by the refs in the Roosters game few weeks ago.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu May 11, 2023 8:46 pm

Loomer wrote:

Read through loads of comments on reddit from what seemed a lot of neutrals and one person made a good point. Maybe it seems like Warriors had a bad run of calls not because Warriors but last 3 opponents Storm Roosters Penrith get favours. I thought Dragons were straight up robbed by the refs in the Roosters game few weeks ago.

There are studies on ref bias, there is a known correlation of refs implicit bias, escpecially with home ground matches.

Here is an article about a study of NRL refereeing

The Issue of Unconscious Bias in Referee Decisions in the National Rugby League

edit: takes a few moments to load.

Last edited by Antipodean1 on Thu May 11, 2023 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu May 11, 2023 8:47 pm

TU: Captain Chin
    TD: Captain Beans to bouneback

This weeks million dollar question.

Haas/Loeiro/Walsh tonight, 150 in the morning would be lovely thankkk you
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu May 11, 2023 8:50 pm

[quote="Loomer"]

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/114635053/former-warriors-coach-mark-graham-reveals-racist-slurs-by-referee

Worth a read if it's something you haven't seen before.

L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Thu May 11, 2023 8:51 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

There are studies on ref bias, there is a known correlation of refs implicit bias, escpecially with home ground matches.

You are a most excellent poster!

Most excellent indeed
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu May 11, 2023 8:53 pm

NAS bench with Kamikamica to start. Anderson drops out.

Broncs 1-17
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu May 11, 2023 8:54 pm

L-Jimmy wrote:

You are a most excellent poster!

Most excellent indeed

Thanks mate, I have my moments jocolor
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu May 11, 2023 8:58 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:

Same with soccer. That's what home advantage *is*. It's not the travel or the different dressing rooms or the pitch (because in European football leagues everything is comfortable and luxury and not far from each other and pretty much the same whether you're home or away). It's down to the crowd's effect on refereeing decisions, plain and simple.
    Wooden Spoonerz
    Wooden Spoonerz

Post by Wooden Spoonerz Thu May 11, 2023 9:00 pm

Could anyone advise me on who would be the better play this weekend of the players that follow? New to fantasy this year and want to make sure I'm getting my selections right.
    1. Timoko v Eels
    2. Gagai v Titans
    3. Talakai v Manly
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Thu May 11, 2023 9:06 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Same with soccer. That's what home advantage *is*. It's not the travel or the different dressing rooms or the pitch (because in European football leagues everything is comfortable and luxury and not far from each other and pretty much the same whether you're home or away). It's down to the crowd's effect on refereeing decisions, plain and simple.

Lucky that hasn't applied to my EPL team, Aston Villa, since Emery took over.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Thu May 11, 2023 9:07 pm

WT Winfield wrote:NAS bench with Kamikamica to start. Anderson drops out.

Broncs 1-17

Good impact off the bench, happy with that.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Thu May 11, 2023 9:07 pm

Wooden Spoonerz wrote:Could anyone advise me on who would be the better play this weekend of the players that follow? New to fantasy this year and want to make sure I'm getting my selections right.
    1. Timoko v Eels
    2. Gagai v Titans
    3. Talakai v Manly

Is this someone you're looking at trading in? Playing H2h or overall (or both?)

Gagai probably slightly overpriced, I'd say. You'd want to him keep scoring 50+ which is unlikely for a centre.
    Timoko similar but 100k cheaper, he'd be my pick of those two.

Talakai also overpriced maybe? Seems to have hit a bit of form, particularly in his running metres which is good but he doesn't play rd 13.

Between Timoko and Talakai for me... I'd be tempted for a punt on Talakai if you're only looking at h2h otherwise Timoko if you want bye players.
    code delta
    code delta

Post by code delta Thu May 11, 2023 9:08 pm

Alamoti out for Billy is only trade this week.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Thu May 11, 2023 9:10 pm

Wooden Spoonerz wrote:Could anyone advise me on who would be the better play this weekend of the players that follow? New to fantasy this year and want to make sure I'm getting my selections right.
    1. Timoko v Eels
    2. Gagai v Titans
    3. Talakai v Manly

Timoko 625 ave 47.2 L3 ave 58

that would be my choice.

Gagai could be origin selected.

Talakai hasn't hit his best and can be quite erratic this season, however Manly edges are leaky. Doesn't play R13.

Edit: what Filthy said Smile
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Thu May 11, 2023 9:14 pm

Just can't force myself to play Talau again, will need a Ford replacement tomorrow.
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Thu May 11, 2023 9:15 pm

filthridden wrote:

"The reality is we are a Kiwi club in an Australian competition and I believe it's a disrespect that has always been there."

I'm a bit like Antipodean; I started watching my first League in '89 and followed it enthusiastically from '90 onwards.

I was happy to see the Auckland Warriors debut in '95, but my investment is in Wests, so generally feel very neutral towards Warriors games (and sometimes impartially against them even). They have had disproportionately rubbish calls, it's pretty much a meme these days.

Whether it's unconscious bias or a bit more deep-rooted than that, it's definitely there IMO.
    I think to a lesser degree, that other "smaller clubs" experience more than their fair share of bad calls (Cowboys, Titans spring to mind), but the Warriors are next level.

Sadly, I don't see anything changing
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu May 11, 2023 9:15 pm

1. Timoko v Eels
    2. Gagai v Titans
    3. Talakai v Manly

Can you loop one of them in?

Note that Talakai scored 107 last time vs Manly.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Thu May 11, 2023 9:21 pm

Khany wrote:Can sympathise with fox, I've tripped at the final hurdle a few times.

I took care of Ur Mrs on those nights, we are square their.

As you were.

Last edited by Revraiser on Thu May 11, 2023 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Thu May 11, 2023 9:22 pm

Just a random comment

RTS was left out of the Blues (Union team he plays for) against the Crusaders this week, Blues vs Crusaders is always a big match (Kinda like a Rabbits vs Roosters match) - I don't watch any Union so no idea if the players in his position are that much better than RTS or not, but it's something to think about if he in fact does come to Warriors this year or not

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:15 pm