NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Enchanted Glossy Flamingo
    Enchanted Glossy Flamingo

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by Enchanted Glossy Flamingo Wed May 03, 2023 5:26 pm

Gonna finally fuck HSS off for Oloapu, and Miller for Horse. Gives me:

Boyd
    Carrigan, JDB, Tapine
    Presto, Hosking
    Hynes, Cleary
    Bird, Manu
    Bula, Drinky, HTF

Haas, SJ, Horse, Ford
    Ikat, Oloapu, Niko, Granville

Rank 198

Weak on cover but that’s what trades are for right? Risky, but I enjoy my bench looking like it’s end of season complete
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 25 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by Shady2K Wed May 03, 2023 5:39 pm

I want Hynes but have no idea the best avenue to get him, or if I even should

Can anyone look at this mob and see if it’s viable? Have 297k bank

Boyd
    Haas JDB Horse
    Hosking Loiero
    Cleary Moses
    Bird Lemuelu
    Manu Teddy Bula

SJ Preston Ford Miller
    Niko IKat Host Luke
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed May 03, 2023 5:44 pm

wolfking wrote:

Both went massive against the Storm in round 5 too.  Weird have both have slightly dropped off.  Murray got 87 that round.  That's the one thing making me a little hesitant.

It all depends how many Origin players you have already in relation to how many you can hold.

A few weeks back when I sold Hopgood to get Turbo and Mitchell, I decided that I wanted to collect all of the guns starting with my on field 13, be damned with the byes and run the gauntlet. I now have 10 guns, 9 of which will play origin and Fifita a decent chance as well. I've added Manu to the centres which I count as 11 guns. I have my eye on Ipap next week and at some point hope to swap Suaalii for Bird.

Sure, 14-21 ain't looking so sharp, but they are all green dots ATM. And I've never been so close to so many guns. I enjoy them being in my side and mostly ignore their price drops. Murray and Cook are still playing like always I imagine and are excellent chances for higher scoring games.

Yeo concerns me if he is rested after origin though.
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Wed May 03, 2023 5:48 pm

Shady2K wrote:I want Hynes but have no idea the best avenue to get him, or if I even should

Can anyone look at this mob and see if it’s viable? Have 297k bank

Boyd
    Haas JDB Horse
    Hosking Loiero
    Cleary Moses
    Bird Lemuelu
    Manu Teddy Bula

SJ Preston Ford Miller
    Niko IKat Host Luke

You'd have to go SJ to Hynes. Moses and Niko/Katoa can cover rd 13
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed May 03, 2023 5:52 pm

GreenSchist wrote:

All I would say is don't compound the depreciation of value to Cook/Murray by missing out on bargain price mini guns with low BE's (Horse, JDB, Hopgood, NAS, Lemuelu etc).

I've been meaning to ask, what's your philosophy regarding remaining trades? Are you planning to continue being aggressive and then hope for a friendly run home or start conserving some soon? No worries if you want to keep things close to chest just super interested in the macro strategy.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed May 03, 2023 5:56 pm

At this point I think I'm selling both Murray and Cook alongside Russell, for Hynes NAS and Oloapu. Means I give Preston and Walsh one more week (decent chance they hit their BEs) before trading one to Tatola and one to Robson between now and R13 (timing depends on how they score)

My team for this week is the following:

Cheese
    Haas, NAS, Ford
    Fifita, Hosking
    Cleary, Hynes
    Bird, Hammer
    Manu, Teddy, Walsh

SJ, Preston, Bula, Miller (looper)

Oloapu, IKat, Sloan, Luke
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Wed May 03, 2023 6:04 pm

Fortitude wrote:

Cheers, yeah oloapu would be an okay shout, milk a dry boney coin goat. (Goats milk is actual trash as well).

I’m not keen on selling carrigan just yet. He only just started banging out decent scores.

Goat's cheese though.. Mmmmm... I love a semi hard goat.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 03, 2023 6:06 pm

Bethany_B wrote:At this point I think I'm selling both Murray and Cook alongside Russell, for Hynes NAS and Oloapu. Means I give Preston and Walsh one more week (decent chance they hit their BEs) before trading one to Tatola and one to Robson between now and R13 (timing depends on how they score)

Cheese
    Haas, NAS, Ford
    Fifita, Hosking
    Cleary, Hynes
    Bird, Hammer
    Manu, Teddy, Walsh

Feel you're rolling the dice still. Turpin is back on the bench (or did I make that up?), Bula looks electric but he's still an unproven rookie (to play in your 17), and relying on Olapu/iKat/Sloan for a loop isn't ideal. It could work this round but something to consider moving forward.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 03, 2023 6:10 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Feel you're rolling the dice still. Turpin is back on the bench (or did I make that up?), Bula looks electric but he's still an unproven rookie (to play in your 17), and relying on Olapu/iKat/Sloan for a loop isn't ideal. It could work this round but something to consider moving forward.

I don't mind playing Bula, name a WFB that you know will score more than him this round. No certainties in WFB, might as well go cheap and spend the cash elsewhere that is locked in points.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Wed May 03, 2023 6:12 pm

Big time trade.

Unless Cheese is out. It will be Hands to Bulla.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed May 03, 2023 6:13 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Yeah I am aware of that, and that's why I'm targeting Robson in the next week or two (once he bottoms out), so that I don't have to play Cheese if I don't need to. That said, Cheese might be fine because unlike earlier in the year, the Chooks have all their middles back from injury, so there's less chance that Cheese plays minutes in the middle.

As for Bula, he's been involved enough for me to back him to play him straight up this week, the Tigers have actually been decent since he debuted and I think they'll beat the Dragons.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 03, 2023 6:14 pm

Bethany_B wrote:At this point I think I'm selling both Murray and Cook alongside Russell, for Hynes NAS and Oloapu. Means I give Preston and Walsh one more week (decent chance they hit their BEs) before trading one to Tatola and one to Robson between now and R13 (timing depends on how they score)

Cheese
    Haas, NAS, Ford
    Fifita, Hosking
    Cleary, Hynes
    Bird, Hammer
    Manu, Teddy, Walsh

You will enjoy walsh vs the sea eagles this week!
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed May 03, 2023 6:15 pm

Honey Badger wrote:

You'd have to go SJ to Hynes. Moses and Niko/Katoa can cover rd 13

Yeah that’s been on my mind all week

Surely the C points from hynes outweigh SJ’s extra points in r13 over the dolphins?
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 03, 2023 6:16 pm

Haven't had time to post as much lately with work. But heading slowly in the right direction.

Last couple of weeks have gone from rank 5068 to 3673 to 2925. Captain Fifita a small win last week. Really struggling with trades this week. I could reasonably hold them, go all out for Hynes, or go all out for rd13.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 03, 2023 6:17 pm

With Foran sidelined from training on Wednesday, Kini trained exclusively at fullback with Jayden Campbell – who was named in the number one jersey to replace the injured AJ Brimson – a chance of shifting into the halves if Foran is ruled out.

The Titans play in the final game of Magic Round on Sunday afternoon, which does give the veteran playmaker the best possible chance of proving his fitness.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed May 03, 2023 6:17 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

You will enjoy walsh vs the sea eagles this week!

Yeah that's one reason why I'm keeping him this week, I think this is his last week to cash in before three nasty matchups afterward (Storm, Penrith and non-Origin Warriors if he misses Origin)
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 03, 2023 6:19 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Yeah that’s been on my mind all week

Surely the C points from hynes outweigh SJ’s extra points in r13 over the dolphins?

Warriors play Broncos with all their Origin stars missing in round 13.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 03, 2023 6:23 pm

Fortitude wrote:I honestly have no real decent options that make sense. I’m probably better off just holding tight, then smashing trades later. I have no real cash, and no obvious targets that are achievable, quite the pickle.

Options are:

Miler to horse - I’ve got a bit of cover for wfb, seems wasteful though.

Hosking to hopgood. Sideways but gives me a decent r13 option and hoping no SOO

Cook
    Haas, carrigan, ford
    Fifita, hosking
    Cleary, Moses
    Penis, alamoti
    Walsh, turbo, Miller

Manu, Preston, (this is where the fun starts), bula, Knik

Hands, Luke, couchman, Granville.

22 trades and 30k to waste.

Anyone got any ideas of obvious wins that I’ve missed?

I think I'm in a similar position. I could hold. We have similar teams, you have Carrigan and Moses, I have Murray and SJ. I've been considering either Murray/Preston/Hosking to Hynes/Horse/Luki or Murray/Preston/Alamoti to Horse/Luki/Bird. Or just Murray to Horse and bank some cash. Or do nothing. I hope that gives some inspiration.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 03, 2023 6:24 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I think I'm in a similar position. I could hold. We have similar teams, you have Carrigan and Moses, I have Murray and SJ. I've been considering either Murray/Preston/Hosking to Hynes/Horse/Luki or Murray/Preston/Alamoti to Horse/Luki/Bird. Or just Murray to Horse and bank some cash. Or do nothing. I hope that gives some inspiration.

I'm really leaning Murray to Horse.
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed May 03, 2023 6:26 pm

Isn't one of the golden rules of fantasy not to trade out guns/averaging over 50(Might be 55 now)

Dunno why people are selling Murray (Well I know why, just don't agree with it unless it's to Hynes)

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 7:54 am