NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

jackorot23
    jackorot23

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by jackorot23 Wed May 03, 2023 6:28 am

TU - JDB
    TD - NAS
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 26 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by Camo123 Wed May 03, 2023 6:29 am

Shady2K wrote:I want Hynes but have no idea the best avenue to get him, or if I even should

Can anyone look at this mob and see if it’s viable? Have 297k bank

Boyd
    Haas JDB Horse
    Hosking Loiero
    Cleary Moses
    Bird Lemuelu
    Manu Teddy Bula

SJ Preston Ford Miller
    Niko IKat Host Luke

If you were happy to play Bula (if Miller) you could go Miller/Preston + IKatoa to Hynes + Greig?

Not sure on viability of it, but the multiple byes for a Miller/Katoa could make it more viable
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed May 03, 2023 6:30 am

Finch wrote:Isn't one of the golden rules of fantasy not to trade out guns/averaging over 50(Might be 55 now)

Dunno why people are selling Murray (Well I know why, just don't agree with it unless it's to Hynes)

I think this season is a little different with the extreme lack of viable cows. Gotta look outside the box to try and find some coin.
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Wed May 03, 2023 6:47 am

Mulvy wrote:

I think I'm in a similar position. I could hold. We have similar teams, you have Carrigan and Moses, I have Murray and SJ. I've been considering either Murray/Preston/Hosking to Hynes/Horse/Luki or Murray/Preston/Alamoti to Horse/Luki/Bird. Or just Murray to Horse and bank some cash. Or do nothing. I hope that gives some inspiration.

Is there any merit to doing nothing, waiting/hoping for situations where trades a more obvious? With people able to do three trades, so many people are gunna run out so quick. When obvious trade outs occur, jump on them, where others eventually might not be in a position to do so?

This is my super risk adverse position, also a reflection on how fuxked I am from keeping on trading in spuds/coin goats
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 03, 2023 6:55 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah I am aware of that, and that's why I'm targeting Robson in the next week or two (once he bottoms out), so that I don't have to play Cheese if I don't need to. That said, Cheese might be fine because unlike earlier in the year, the Chooks have all their middles back from injury, so there's less chance that Cheese plays minutes in the middle.

As for Bula, he's been involved enough for me to back him to play him straight up this week, the Tigers have actually been decent since he debuted and I think they'll beat the Dragons.

That's fair. And i mean you get Hynes too so it's definitely a big baller move
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Wed May 03, 2023 6:59 am

Finch wrote:Isn't one of the golden rules of fantasy not to trade out guns/averaging over 50(Might be 55 now)

Dunno why people are selling Murray (Well I know why, just don't agree with it unless it's to Hynes)

In an ideal world being able to leak coin from Muz would be grand. But even if he gets a mid 50, he's leaking, and I assume a lot will be trading him end of R12 anyway. He could bang out 3 60+ easily, and maybe he will, but y'know fuck it
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed May 03, 2023 7:00 am

mattnz wrote:

Warriors play Broncos with all their Origin stars missing in round 13.

And Dolphins play Dragons without Hunt…

Camo123 wrote:

If you were happy to play Bula (if Miller) you could go Miller/Preston + IKatoa to Hynes + Greig?

Not sure on viability of it, but the multiple byes for a Miller/Katoa could make it more viable

As much as I like Wiremu’s name, Eels forwards not named Matterson scream trap to me right now

Warming towards SJ out, who also has a r12 bye, so would give me an advantage over holders… maybe
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 03, 2023 7:00 am

Evening lads and ladies, thought I’d just chuck the team out to see if anyone can spot a worthwhile trade. Warbrick to Bula is fairly locked in as one trade.

JMK
    Carrigan, Tino, Horse
    Preston, Loiero
    Hynes, Cleary
    Manu, Lemmy
    Teddy, Perham, Bula

SJ, Boyd, Ford, Cheese
    Miller, Sele, Niko, Alamoti

Have 163k in the bank after the Bula trade. I can’t see anything pressing but maybe I’ve got tunnel vision at the moment
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed May 03, 2023 7:05 am

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Evening lads and ladies, thought I’d just chuck the team out to see if anyone can spot a worthwhile trade. Warbrick to Bula is fairly locked in as one trade.

JMK
    Carrigan, Tino, Horse
    Preston, Loiero
    Hynes, Cleary
    Manu, Lemmy
    Teddy, Perham, Bula

SJ, Boyd, Ford, Cheese
    Miller, Sele, Niko, Alamoti

Have 163k in the bank after the Bula trade. I can’t see anything pressing but maybe I’ve got tunnel vision at the moment

Tino and Perham out before R13? Tino to Bird could be an option? Move Manu to wfb
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed May 03, 2023 7:22 am

Shady2K wrote:

And Dolphins play Dragons without Hunt…

As much as I like Wiremu’s name, Eels forwards not named Matterson scream trap to me right now

Warming towards SJ out, who also has a r12 bye, so would give me an advantage over holders… maybe
    Surely SJ is a season keeper, plays 13 and 19 when Cleary, Hynes, DCE, Munster are all playing Origin, and can keep him all season as 3rd HLF, playable in your 17, averaging 61, which puts him in the top 10 players across all positions for the season.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 03, 2023 7:23 am

Fortitude wrote:

Is there any merit to doing nothing, waiting/hoping for situations where trades a more obvious? With people able to do three trades, so many people are gunna run out so quick. When obvious trade outs occur, jump on them, where others eventually might not be in a position to do so?

This is my super risk adverse position, also a reflection on how fuxked I am from keeping on trading in spuds/coin goats

There's merit in doing nothing, definitely. A better cash cow is always around the corner. The difference for us is that, as you say, Carrigan has kinda come good. He doesn't net as much cash if you sell him, has a reasonable BE. You'd like horse, but don't have any great trade outs.

For me, part of the risk averse position is actually holding Murray. Most seasons, Murray is a season hold so I don't care what his price or BE is. This year he was always a trade over byes. And a BE of 88 is fucking scary for a guy prone to HIA's. He goes off early and you lose almost 100k. Compare that to Horse who could make 100k before origin and plays the bye (probably). I'm probably doing that. But then if I clear that cash I want to go and improve my team with it. Haven't found any brilliant options, but the two I posted might have some merit??
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed May 03, 2023 7:26 am

mattnz wrote:
    Surely SJ is a season keeper, plays 13 and 19 when Cleary, Hynes, DCE, Munster are all playing Origin, and can keep him all season as 3rd HLF, playable in your 17, averaging 61, which puts him in the top 10 players across all positions for the season.

Agreed. SJ likely a season keeper.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed May 03, 2023 7:28 am

mattnz wrote:

This is a responsible take and idk how to feel
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Wed May 03, 2023 7:33 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:

I've been meaning to ask, what's your philosophy regarding remaining trades? Are you planning to continue being aggressive and then hope for a friendly run home or start conserving some soon? No worries if you want to keep things close to chest just super interested in the macro strategy.
    No issues mate, I’m not keeping things too secret or closed lip. I’m very much attack first mentality with trades atm, failing to have banked any to date. In saying that, all trades I am making are with purpose and with either a look to the Origin bye rounds or making cash. I’m not hesitating when value presents itself, even if it means jumping ship a bit early. 
    Could all come back to bite me on the run home, pending injuries, but I’m pretty set for Origin. Hynes, Haas, Cleary, Bird, Manu, Teddy, Fifita and Lem all likely to be locks in my roster till the end. Aim at this point is to have 8 trades remaining come Rd 20, plus the additional 8 to come. Not ideal but I’m confident I can work with it. 

I’d rather have the bird in the hand, keeping the pressure on up front, rather than easing up at the expense of generating points. Strategy definitely wouldn’t work in seasons past, but with the extra trades, I think it’s worth a crack.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 03, 2023 7:38 am

Shady2K wrote:

Tino and Perham out before R13? Tino to Bird could be an option? Move Manu to wfb
    Hadn’t thought of Perham out. Has done a pretty decent job for me when I’ve had him in the lineup.
    Tino I’m pretty torn on for some reason, has so much potential but just not putting up the scores I need. 

Will look closely at the Tino > Bird trade as an option 👍
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed May 03, 2023 7:44 am

Oh just realised no Thursday night footy!
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed May 03, 2023 7:45 am

What is Greigs long-term viability?
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Wed May 03, 2023 7:50 am

Finch wrote:Oh just realised no Thursday night footy!

Wait you’re right… three game on Sunday Wtf haha
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Wed May 03, 2023 7:52 am

Shady2K wrote:

Wait you’re right… three game on Sunday Wtf haha
    Magic round crammed into 3 days. I like it
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed May 03, 2023 7:52 am

RandomSil wrote:What is Greigs long-term viability?

Super league contract

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:36 am