NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Big daddy Scotty

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by Big daddy Scotty Tue May 02, 2023 7:52 pm

Anyone looking at luki? Or staying away?
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson  :heart:  - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 42 - Did Someone Say Aubussson :heart:

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 02, 2023 7:52 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:Think I’m sticking with Warbrick to Bula this week. Want to flick Alamoti but need him to line up next week with Lemmy on the bye.

Milford can piss right off too

Alamoti to Talau?

Double Tiger Cow cherry
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Tue May 02, 2023 7:53 pm

Who are peoples two edges for 1st Origin week. Last position I have to sort out. Have Jackson Ford and thats it. Not a lot of options out there. Fifita definately in the 17 now that Nanai is out, many have traded out Hopgood, Frizell on a bye and a roughie for origin.

Whats out there at the moment that seems like a good buy and is not going stale sitting on the bench (Host).

2K short of a Blore to Luki trade.

Last edited by Finger Puppet Mafia on Tue May 02, 2023 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 02, 2023 7:53 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Is anyone else bringing in both NAS & Horse?

Kinda nervous about it as I don't know if they both can become keeper level but I suppose they are good buys at the moment.

Edit: mainly concerned around their mins/role, like can NAS keep producing big minutes aswell as Horse?

I have both, and expect both to continue to have huge roles. Both Storm and Raiders have lost lots of forwards and they are stepping up to fill the void.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Tue May 02, 2023 7:54 pm

The Dude wrote:I read that it was Brimson's other hammy that he injured this time. It's obvious they rushed him back. I think Campbell should be starting even when Brimson is back. They look better with Campbell at fullback

Couldn't disagree more. I think Campbell is way overhyped based on his last name and not much else. They made a huge mistake getting rid of Fog to free up a spot for Campbell in the spine and Brimson at 6 last year.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue May 02, 2023 7:54 pm

mattnz wrote:

I have both, and expect both to continue to have huge roles. Both Storm and Raiders have lost lots of forwards and they are stepping up to fill the void.

Yeah that's true mate. Storm have a 4 forward bench this week though, I suppose NAS should still get 50+ mins tho aye?
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 02, 2023 7:54 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Who are peoples two edges for 1st Origin week. Last position I have to sort out. Have Jackson Ford and thats it. Not a lot of options out there. Fifita definately in the 17 now that Nanai is out, many have traded out Hopgood, Frizell on a bye and a roughie for origin.

Whats out there at the moment that seems like a good buy and is not going stale sitting on the bench (Host)

I am looking at bringing in Luki this week.

Can either go Penisini / Luki or Cleary / Te Whare.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue May 02, 2023 7:55 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:Who are peoples two edges for 1st Origin week. Last position I have to sort out. Have Jackson Ford and thats it. Not a lot of options out there. Fifita definately in the 17 now that Nanai is out, many have traded out Hopgood, Frizell on a bye and a roughie for origin.

Whats out there at the moment that seems like a good buy and is not going stale sitting on the bench (Host)

The Ghost will score 5 to 35 points for me on the edge in R13
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 02, 2023 7:57 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

Yeah that's true mate. Storm have a 4 forward bench this week though, I suppose NAS should still get 50+ mins tho aye?

NAS is killing it, they will play the minutes they want him on the field and the rest get the scraps.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 02, 2023 7:58 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Yeah it was.

Seen some talk that they need to find a spot for Campbell in the team (beyond bench role) but Brimson is a pretty handy fullback when fit. The halves experiment failed last year and they have Foran now, just can't see Brimson being flat out dropped which seems to be what is required for Campbell to get the spot.

The worst of the four players between Brimson, Campbell, Foran and Boyd is clearly Boyd, but that can't be said because fantasy.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue May 02, 2023 7:59 pm

Just Ford for me too and I think it might stay that way. I'm not going to get a full 13 players if it doesn't make sense to do so. Looking at probably having 10 at this stage.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue May 02, 2023 8:01 pm

mattnz wrote:

NAS is killing it, they will play the minutes they want him on the field and the rest get the scraps.
    Lol 2.5 game sample size.

I agree tho that he is going to be integral to the Storms success so should get as many minutes as he can handle.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue May 02, 2023 8:01 pm

Whats out there at the moment that seems like a good buy and is not going stale sitting on the bench (Host).

Rough plan is hosking to Hopgood that week

Unless Hopgood goes god mode til then and is unattainable
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue May 02, 2023 8:02 pm

I picked up Hudson Young last week. Dropped some cash after two shit ones to start. Have Ford too and probably get back on Hopgood for Carrigan, was a couple K short last week or might've gotten him over Young. Horse this week, so 4 out of 5 possibly looking like Young, Horse, Hopgood, Ford and maybe a cashy or something MID or EDG.
    Weiland
    Weiland

Post by Weiland Tue May 02, 2023 8:02 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

The worst of the four players between Brimson, Campbell, Foran and Boyd is clearly Boyd, but that can't be said because fantasy.

No way, nothing to do with Fantasy, but Boyds kicking game has been fantastic in recent weeks and have been a real strong point for the Titans. Dropping Boyd for any one of those guys would be a massive mistake since the other guys don't have a strong kicking game.

Post by Guest Tue May 02, 2023 8:03 pm

GreenSchist wrote:
    Lol 2.5 game sample size.

I agree tho that he is going to be integral to the Storms success so should get as many minutes as he can handle.

After seeing how dominant he was last game teams will start rushing him in defence
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue May 02, 2023 8:03 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Huh? None of the others are big kickers mate. Different types of players and different roles. If Boyd was to be dropped Sexton would just need to come in.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue May 02, 2023 8:03 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

The worst of the four players between Brimson, Campbell, Foran and Boyd is clearly Boyd, but that can't be said because fantasy he is their primary kicker and goal kicker.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue May 02, 2023 8:05 pm

Just Ford and my two Edge centres for me atm. Will bring in Hopgood (for Hosking) and probably a cheap Mid/edge player for S.Luke. Cross my fingers and hope for the best.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue May 02, 2023 8:05 pm

Got Ford and Lane as R13 edges.

I've probably gone too early on fixing my R13 (and making sure I have a full side for R14) so will get kicked in the face by injuries and Origin.

Currently:

Robson
    JDB, Horse, xx
    Lane, Ford
    SJ, Katoa
    Bird, Lemuelu
    Hammer, Miller, xx

Planning on trading either Loiero or Preston to fill in a gap - either to Hopgood/Matto when that's clearer or possibly to Dylan Brown in conjunction with a Katoa to Tatola trade. Will also cash out BMM to a WFB if one appears, but that's not essential, don't mind running with 12 if the best cashout option isn't a R13 player.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:59 pm