NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV

ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV

Post by ShadowSabre Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:35 pm

robelgordo wrote:In other news it sucks when your chance of a good fantasy round is over after one game.

Lowlight was new signing Drinky literally handing Hynes the ball so he could flop over for a try.

At least I have Hynes in L2 draft I guess.

IRL, I reckon Sharks are legit this year. Sharp team but starting to get a few niggly types in there too - you seem to need them to win comps. Not saying we need to bring back the biff, don’t condone punching people, but we do need a system to stop pissant wingers like Ronaldo talking shit.

Yep there's a few players who come to mind who wouldnt cope well in the old days where you'd get a punch in the face - Luai, Critta, Ronald all come to mind with their show pony rub it in the face of a losing opposition antics
    Welsh Mafia
    Welsh Mafia

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 40 - Matt Broke My TV

Post by Welsh Mafia Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:45 pm

Ando wrote:At what point is it regarded as bullying Matt? His contribution to the forum is class and I rate how he sticks to his principles but surely others are allowed to disagree / counter argue?

He's obviously very vocal about his fantasy ideas which is why he probably cops the backlash when things don't work out.

tbh I think people just enjoy to see him fall as rather than agree'ing to disagree like most people when they have different thoughts, matt pushes his thoughts down your throat - so in a cynical way it's human nature to enjoy it fail.

I don't think he let's it bother him though, kiwi's are built tough Wink

One thing that does suck though, is those that buy into his narrative and then when/if it fails, give him shit and blame him for their own failings.
    Remember it's your decision to press that trade button. If you're in a similar boat next week, i'd just check the FF league and compare his rank to yours, it may sway your availability to being so heavily influenced.

Anyways - I see on MTB's site only 267 of the top 1k own Hynes - if Cleary has a low week it's really going to throw a cat amongst the pigeons..
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Apr 27, 2023 8:57 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    At this point I’m not even sure how to get him in

It’s basically Hynes + 300k player vs 2 650k players who would likely both be in my 17. Maybe Murray and Ford post R13 could do something.
    Rage trade thoughts: Cotter + Murray to Tatola + Hynes next week  Question

Obviously as said Cotter was a 4 week punt but expected to rise in price before Origin, not tank. The plan with Murray was always to sell at R13, likely for a gun R13 HLF however I would have IKatoa as a surplus HLF for R13, so only lose 20-30 points on a Moses/Reynolds in R13 

I also expected to sell Cotter to a gun like Tapine/Tohu but Tatola may provide similar scores for 200k less if he’s actually on the park
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:05 pm

the_great_wobbler wrote:Hynes hasn't even had a banner yet, not sure why everyone is getting so worked up by him.

And he won't play the Cowboys every week...
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:10 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Obviously as said Cotter was a 4 week punt but expected to rise in price before Origin, not tank. The plan with Murray was always to sell at R13, likely for a gun R13 HLF however I would have IKatoa as a surplus HLF for R13, so only lose 20-30 points on a Moses/Reynolds in R13 

I also expected to sell Cotter to a gun like Tapine/Tohu but Tatola may provide similar scores for 200k less if he’s actually on the park

Did Cotter get injured? Minutes seem unusual
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:11 pm

Shady2K wrote:

Did Cotter get injured? Minutes seem unusual
    He weirdly got taken off at 50th min but was on the bike ready to come on again so I don’t think so. Was no real point to bring him back on down 30 points (which got worse)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:18 pm

Revraiser wrote:Everyone sounds like they need a good hard *oot. Given its a forum and we somewhat know each other, an orgy wouldn't be the worst idea.

:pinocchio:

Haven't seen you at a meetup yet. Whose to say that's not what we get up to
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:18 pm

Camo123 wrote:
    At this point I’m not even sure how to get him in

It’s basically Hynes + 300k player vs 2 650k players who would likely both be in my 17. Maybe Murray and Ford post R13 could do something.

I had to sacrifice Hosking (along with Turbo) to get him in this week. Was pretty unsure about it, but so far seems to be the right call
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:22 pm

190/1c

Razz
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:32 pm

Cleary will score a late try to get to 71, then update to 97

Everyone forgets about Hynes
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:40 pm

robelgordo wrote:Cleary will score a late try to get to 71, then update to 97

Everyone forgets about Hynes

That would be a solid effort from the Chin without the kicking duties
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:49 pm

SoylentGreen wrote:

I had to sacrifice Hosking (along with Turbo) to get him in this week. Was pretty unsure about it, but so far seems to be the right call

I also traded Hosking and Turbo this week, and I could have got Hynes and someone like Oluapu, but instead got Lane and Horsburgh. Not sure I made the wrong decision for team structure (well covered in the forwards rather than overloaded in the halves) or overall points (two solid first 17 bye-friendly scorers).

I'll be getting Hynes at some point, as will everyone with Cleary and good team value. Don't think missing him for a few weeks is "terminal to your season".
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:08 pm

Good a time as any to plug the Sydney meet up

https://www.nrlfantasyfanatics.com/t2178-2023-sydney-meetup

Come along, have a beverage of choice and count some imaginary tackle busts
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:09 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:
    SoylentGreen wrote:

I also traded Hosking and Turbo this week, and I could have got Hynes and someone like Oluapu, but instead got Lane and Horsburgh. Not sure I made the wrong decision for team structure (well covered in the forwards rather than overloaded in the halves) or overall points (two solid first 17 bye-friendly scorers).

I'll be getting Hynes at some point, as will everyone with Cleary and good team value. Don't think missing him for a few weeks is "terminal to your season".

I haven't owned Hynes but am still gaining ranks every week (not as much as I'd like, but its not obviously terminal)

If Cleary end up not playing this week, or having a badly injury affected score, then that won't be good, but he hasn't even started his game yet, so I don't see the point of getting all doom and gloomy.

Bringing Hynes in now just looks like it would hurt the rest of my team too much, so my plan now is hope he makes origin and get him in maybe R18/20.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:15 pm

Welsh Mafia wrote:tbh I think people just enjoy to see him fall

I don't enjoy seeing him or anyone else fall at fantasy, its really not that important to me either way. Happy for anyone and everyone to do well. If I come last in the FOG, so be it.

I do enjoy giving a bit of 'stick'. As others have said, if you're one of the loudest voices (someone mentioned once we all know matts team better than we know our own), then its going to come back at you one way or another. I don't see any of this as personal, again its a game. The way I shitpost here is the way I'd give a bit of shit here and there if we were sitting around a table in a pub watching the games. I think Matt gets that. Matt, if you don't - please let me know. I realise tone doesn't always come across properly on a forum, especially if you've never met the people you're talking to. Eg when matt replied "eat shit and die" to one of my pisstakes recently, I thought it was all in good humour, others took it to be a bit rude.

I take on board though what SYN has to say, I agree, a pile on is no fun. I am guilty of contributing.

If anyone is considering coming to the meet up in August, I echo SI/Krumps words, it will be worth it. I won't be sitting next to Krump at the ground though.

Lastly, if you didn't captain Hynes, you just don't get fantasy.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:22 pm

Captaining Hynes, starting with Warbrick, holding Cleary.. I'm ticking all the boxes so far.

Starling time must be coming soon.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:22 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Carty Katoa and ITT to Tapine Horsbrough and Bula for me.

I wasn't completely sold on Horsbrough but he was the best option at the price I could afford after the first two trades. So ah, don't change things up Sticky.

I think this might be the first time i've ever owned Tapine. Go large son

Last edited by my tv broke on Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:23 pm

Milchcow wrote:

I haven't owned Hynes but am still gaining ranks every week (not as much as I'd like, but its not obviously terminal)

If Cleary end up not playing this week, or having a badly injury affected score, then that won't be good, but he hasn't even started his game yet, so I don't see the point of getting all doom and gloomy.

Bringing Hynes in now just looks like it would hurt the rest of my team too much, so my plan now is hope he makes origin and get him in maybe R18/20.

Exactly, have gone from 6k rank after round 3 to 72 after round 8 without Hynes. Not panicking about him just yet at all. As long as Cleary can hang with him and average close to him it wont be the make or break of the fantasy season.

A lot of people that own both may have two 30 point scorers in their scoring 17 a lot of weeks where those without may have two 40 point scorers. Swings and roundabouts.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:23 pm

standard-issue wrote:

I know we've been pushing for the un-initiated to get along to a Forum meetup.  Both of the above posts are evidence that there should be no stress or anxiety involved in getting to a Forum event...  

Random people on the Internet can actually be quite normal when you meet them in person (unless you are indeed actually the poster named Random, whom I have also met in person [that bloke is definitely random, and in no way normal]) .  For example, when discussing just the above-Krump and Revs-the most I've ever had to deal with in meeting them in person is:

- Krumpet literally beating himself off beside me in the stands at Optus Stadium when Turbo scored his Origin hattie; and
    - Revs taking 'matters into his own hands' at 1 O'clock in the morning outside my window of the 'Palms' Hotel Gosford.

Anywho, get yourself along to the next meetup-it's purportedly safe and potentially even legal Very Happy

Some of my best mates are kents I met from sportal.

I've lived with one, been to other weddings. Played cricket with a group of them. Lot of good can come from it, as you find like minded people that your real life friends probably don't fit the same bill.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:25 pm

Camo123 wrote:

Part of the reason I traded Murray this week was with the mindset to pick up Tatola in the next week or two.

Go for it. He's going to be great value.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:43 am