NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:42 am

mattnz wrote:On the JDB topic, he had a much stronger set of forwards supporting him going back to 2018, when the pack included:
    Graham
    Vaughan
    Frizell
    Sims
    McInnes

An international, 3 NSW reps and their hardest working gun in McInnes. Even off the bench they had Ah Mau, another international with a huge work rate (PPM over 1 in 40 minutes that season).

His supporting cast is pretty minimal this season, lots more work to be done, when guys like BMM are just making up the numbers, not getting through work load.

If JDB is getting minutes, he is getting big scores in that team.

The counterpoints are that he was 27 then and he's 32 now, and also that he might be spending a fair while on the back foot or under the posts without that pack around him. I'll still probably be getting him but it's not all upside.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now - Page 15 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 35 - Man U need to consider Joseph now

Post by mattnz Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:43 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

The counterpoints are that he was 27 then and he's 32 now, and also that he might be spending a fair while on the back foot or under the posts without that pack around him. I'll still probably be getting him but it's not all upside.

He is only 29 in NRL years Razz
    standard-issue
    standard-issue

Post by standard-issue Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:51 am

Mulvy wrote:
    standard-issue wrote:

Appreciate that mate, feeling pretty good.  Car got hit in Jan as well and Credit Card maxed out after my wallet was stolen in Feb (jokes on them, it was pretty much tapped out already Laugh 3 )  

I think that's all my whinging out of the way Lol  

Did your dog run away too? I need that one for Country music bingo Very Happy

Good to hear from you mate!

Haha, no, but something I forgot to whinge about was my cat Sprinkles somehow ripped his chest open just after Christmas as well Laugh 3 He is all good now Very Happy
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:03 am

They think he gets through his base well Host on Talking League avg 38 in games 60-70mins starting second row and is running off Cody Walker. Said he’s cash cow of the week Host.

Would it be worth going Alamoti to Host and risk no centre cover for now? Or too risky?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:07 am

Rabbits21 wrote:They think he gets through his base well Host on Talking League avg 38 in games 60-70mins starting second row and is running off Cody Walker. Said he’s cash cow of the week Host.

Would it be worth going Alamoti to Host and risk no centre cover for now? Or too risky?

How are the Talking League guys going this year? (Rhetorical, I know it's not well). The Amateurs are going great though.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:09 am

Rabbits21 wrote:They think he gets through his base well Host on Talking League avg 38 in games 60-70mins starting second row and is running off Cody Walker. Said he’s cash cow of the week Host.

They don't know any more than you. I'd rather know your opinion to be honest.

Also, I've had no centre cover for most of the year.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:30 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

How are the Talking League guys going this year? (Rhetorical, I know it's not well). The Amateurs are going great though.
    I am involved with LMC as you know, I listen to Talking League and OTL, plus I’m on here and discord so I don’t have time for Fantasy Amaeturs. Anyone who listens what is their opinion on Host?

Yes I see Mark from Amateurs is ranked 91st.

I still think TK will come good he always does.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:33 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    I am involved with LMC as you know, I listen to Talking League and OTL, plus I’m on here and discord so I don’t have time for Fantasy Amaeturs. Anyone who listens what is their opinion on Host?

Yes I see Mark from Amateurs is ranked 91st.

I still think TK will come good he always does.

If you think Amateurs are good, you should just listen to me, since I'm ranked 1 spot behind Mark at 92nd Very Happy

I'm buying Manu this week and you should as well if you want to have any hope of closing my 180 point lead on you.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:37 am

Mulvy wrote:

They don't know any more than you. I'd rather know your opinion to be honest.

Also, I've had no centre cover for most of the year.
    Have we had any word on whether Sam Walker is just dropped for a couple of weeks what do we think that he’s not coming back in til around origin time or if the Rorters keep winning next few weeks I guess maybe they do not change a winning team.

My thoughts on Host are I don’t think he gets 80mins I think he will get 65-70mins and can avg high 30’s and make 100k maybe up to around 120k (thing for him is staying fit) Jed can play some second row too plus is the guy who can cover the backs of injuries as well. I think Arrow might play a solid stint middle come off have a small breather then finish game on edge either that or finishes last 10-15mins of game on an edge. I do not think Arrow starts I think he comes on into the middle about 17mins in.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:38 am

Bethany_B wrote:

If you think Amateurs are good, you should just listen to me, since I'm ranked 1 spot behind Mark at 92nd Very Happy

I'm buying Manu this week and you should as well if you want to have any hope of closing my 180 point lead on you.
    Yes I’m going Carty to Manu.

Then contemplating Alamoti to Host otherwise I have to play Warbrick or I. Katoa as 17th man.

I have 4 Storm blokes but can move two on next week I’m satisfied with that.

I don’t think I’ll catch you Beth but that’s ok I wanna try beat my previous best finish of 476 overall.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:39 am

I am thinking of taking a punt on Bula. If I trade out Warbrick for Bula and he goes on a bit of a run at the Tigers than he will make a tonne of cash, while Warbrick may not make too much more.

This way I can upgrade Suaalii to Manu and have 71k left over

I have Perston (EDG) E Butcher (EDG) E. Katoa (EDG) Carty (EDG) Pangai Junior (EDG/MID) Ford (EDG/MID) Hopegood (EDG/MID) Ese'ese (MID) Utoikamanu (MID) Harris (MID)

who most could make way for Manu but I do not really want to pull the trigger on trading any of them as they are all scoring well and have money to make
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:48 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:I am thinking of taking a punt on Bula. If I trade out Warbrick for Bula and he goes on a bit of a run at the Tigers than he will make a tonne of cash, while Warbrick may not make too much more.

This way I can upgrade Suaalii to Manu and have 71k left over

I have Perston (EDG) E Butcher (EDG) E. Katoa (EDG) Carty (EDG) Pangai Junior (EDG/MID) Ford (EDG/MID) Hopegood (EDG/MID) Ese'ese (MID) Utoikamanu (MID) Harris (MID)

who most could make way for Manu but I do not really want to pull the trigger on trading any of them as they are all scoring well and have money to make

They have chosen a different combo of centre fullback and wing every game

I would suggest this is foolhardy

Surely getting in someone no one has ever heard of on debut isn’t a winning strategy

He must have started the year as what on the depth chart?

Behind Laurie, Staines, douehi, as FB

If you somehow pull this off I’ll be impressed
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:51 am

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Have we had any word on whether Sam Walker is just dropped for a couple of weeks what do we think that he’s not coming back in til around origin time or if the Rorters keep winning next few weeks I guess maybe they do not change a winning team.

My thoughts on Host are I don’t think he gets 80mins I think he will get 65-70mins and can avg high 30’s and make 100k maybe up to around 120k (thing for him is staying fit)  Jed can play some second row too plus is the guy who can cover the backs of injuries as well. I think Arrow might play a solid stint middle come off have a small breather then finish game on edge either that or finishes last 10-15mins of game on an edge. I do not think Arrow starts I think he comes on into the middle about 17mins in.

Thanks for the reply mate. I have no idea about Walker, but if I did, personally I would be a lot more likely to respond if you referred to them as Roosters rather than Rorters. Back yourself mate. You don't need to be beholden to so-called gurus.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:56 am

actually, back-tracking on Turbo out, just realized he's got the Tigers this week, seems like the perfect '2 strikes' scenario, if he guns it, he can stay, if he doesn't, he's gone.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:59 am

syn13 wrote:actually, back-tracking on Turbo out, just realized he's got the Tigers this week, seems like the perfect '2 strikes' scenario, if he guns it, he can stay, if he doesn't, he's gone.

Schuster back helps the attack, last time he played turbo got 70

Hopeful turbo owner her too
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:11 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Schuster back helps the attack, last time he played turbo got 70

Hopeful turbo owner her too

Does Schuster really help the attack? Sample size of one?

Certainly Turbo has a career avg of 80 in games where Schuster plays also. Only two are this year and one last year...

Anyway, some stats are pretty meaningless. I'm hopeful as an owner that a Turbo ceiling game is around the corner, I don't think Schuster is the catalyst necessarily.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:19 am

Mulvy wrote:

Does Schuster really help the attack? Sample size of one?

Certainly Turbo has a career avg of 80 in games where Schuster plays also. Only two are this year and one last year...

Anyway, some stats are pretty meaningless. I'm hopeful as an owner that a Turbo ceiling game is around the corner, I don't think Schuster is the catalyst necessarily.

Yes from Eye test only, the left side was firing with him, he brings much better shape and ball playing to the attack

They have looked disjointed in attack last few games despite good ball and territory
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:37 am

syn13 wrote:actually, back-tracking on Turbo out, just realized he's got the Tigers this week, seems like the perfect '2 strikes' scenario, if he guns it, he can stay, if he doesn't, he's gone.

Hasn't Turbo been managing a back issue?

I think the combo of Feckless Tigers and Schuster running at the line brings some upside, I would think he should def be a hold this round, so I like your thinking. If he is the only issue in your team, well done.

I toyed with bringing Turbo in this week, but when comparing with Manu at a similar price with dual position and Angus and others coming back I think I will opt that way.

But it will be a nervous Turbo watch for owners and non-owners alike this round.

Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:43 am

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

They have chosen a different combo of centre fullback and wing every game

I would suggest this is foolhardy

Surely getting in someone no one has ever heard of on debut isn’t a winning strategy

He must have started the year as what on the depth chart?

Behind Laurie, Staines, douehi, as FB

If you somehow pull this off I’ll be impressed

I agree here, I would like to see at least 1 game before bringing in a back from a struggling team, Tigers have a few WFB options and Talau could still cause a backline re-shuffle before kickoff too.
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:07 am

Aardvark wrote:

Very Happy I'm planning to hold Carrigan and selling to someone like Tapine over Origin

I think currently I would prefer Tohu over Tapine, although the way things are going Taps could be very cheap by SOO.

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:10 am