NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth

BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth

Post by BCT05 Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:59 am

Holzman wrote:

Taking out the sin bin he has scored 44 points in his last 150 minutes.

Then he needed 2 tries to get 40 in game 1.

He has to show something this week to even get on the radar in my view.

If he gets a 50 this week he will be about 520k. Ideally you want to see 2 good weeks which will still mean he is 520k.

ForanAgainst wrote:

Even if the Cowboys can get to the levels of last year, he’s a low to mid 40s player, at best. May have 1 or 2 games where he scores 55+, but I expect a lot more scores of 28-38 than I do of 40-50. Plus, his name is Drinkwater. Water? How boring. If it was Drinkgin or Drinklager, then we might be thinking differently.

Yeah my expectations would be reasonably low -I would be absolutely fine with a low 40 average as with his great bye coverage that would do the job and he is going to be close to $500k next week.

The gamble is whether Cowboys can improve (which I think they will somewhat but not to last years levels) and whether Drinkwater can replicate anywhere near last years scoring. If you ignore last season he averages like 30 at fullback...
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 32 - All trade in's must have a full set of teeth

Post by easytiger Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:00 am

Chewie wrote:

Or like Latrell... do nothing for the first 30 mins 5 rounds and start playing ball when everyone else gets tired has sold him

FTFY
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:09 am

Katoa hitting a 40 in the loop means I'll just roll with him and save a trade. My trades were;

Hopgood - Bird
    TMM - CNK

Third one was going to be Uto to McInnes but I'll hold now and bank a trade and take the 40. My thoughts there was that I was right on McInnes as soon as Rudolf was out and Finucane suspended. However, this season is dire for cows and cash generation. While we are heading towards the mid part of the year, I still think building bank is a priority. McInnes looks a great option but high BE means in a few weeks you could be stuck with him back on the bench at a similar price scoring 35-40. Not ideal for a 550+K player. He seems a short term, stop gap option and while quick points are crucial, I'm not sure in the long term it's the best option. If I were going to make another trade (which may be on the cards if for some reason Hosking is out), I'd punt on Couchman and hope for some quick cash and short term playable scores.

Saying all that, if McInnes plays 70 minutes and scores 65 points, I'll be eating my words and bringing him in next week. As mentioned by a couple of the lads, 4 forward bench. I'd like to see Hunt's role out of interest. I think if Trindall were on the bench, it would be a totally different story. Just my 2c.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:11 am

If you already have Bird, who are the gun ctrs that are bye friendly ?
    EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:11 am

Tass got 2 Tb's taken off him after updates. He literally carried a guy over the line for his try. Hammer on 0 missed tackles aswell, I can think of 2 from try scoring plays. Hopefully they sort it out, shouldn't be missing obvious ones. Not happy
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:12 am

It's not pretty, but I found a way to get rid of BMM. Welcome back Talau.. Warbrick survives and will have to pass on Russell. Really isn't as useful to me without CTR anyway.

Gonna book Katoa's 40 over the Couch and add to the list of next week's problems.
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:15 am

Thinking of Hopgood and Uto to Bird and Teddy - Bolstering my backlines

Or Hopgood and Uto to Bird and Couchman - Cementing a centre and giving me some cash in the bank and a cash making product?

Thoughts?

TPJ is also very high on my want list. I could wait a week to see his role/minutes with guys like Boyd, E.Katoa, Loiero, Cartwright nearing their peak.
    I just have this feeling Pangai has a career year. I reckon he is about 8-10 point undervalued.

If i go Option 1, team will be

Robson
    Haas Ford Carrigan
    Katoa Loiero
    Cleary Moses
    Lemuelu Bird
    Teddy Turbo Miller

Preston Cartwright Boyd Perham
    Alamoti Niko Thompson Warbrick

Last edited by StormTrooper96 on Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:16 am

Khany wrote:If you already have Bird, who are the gun ctrs that are bye friendly ?

Penis?
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:20 am

Moanaman wrote:

Little Thai Kitchen Cnr Yaldhurst and Racecourse

In the black book for when I end up in that part of the world
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:23 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Another Christchurch fanatic here. Much appreciated.

Lol I guess i know what suburb you live in!

There looks to be enough of us on chch to do a meetup!
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:24 am

EJ24 wrote:Tass got 2 Tb's taken off him after updates. He literally carried a guy over the line for his try. Hammer on 0 missed tackles aswell, I can think of 2 from try scoring plays. Hopefully they sort it out, shouldn't be missing obvious ones. Not happy

I'm really starting to tire of the inconsistency shown this year by the stats guys. Things like missed tackles should be easy to get right and if they arent it can have big impacts on a person's season fantasy-wise. Not good enough!
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:25 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

You better let me buy you a beer when you're here!
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:26 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Give yourself until 2027 and we actually have a Stadium worth visiting here for a sports game.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:33 am

EJ24 wrote:Tass got 2 Tb's taken off him after updates. He literally carried a guy over the line for his try. Hammer on 0 missed tackles aswell, I can think of 2 from try scoring plays. Hopefully they sort it out, shouldn't be missing obvious ones. Not happy

FWIW pretty sure having someone on you when you score a try is no longer counted as a tackle break, and as such also not a missed tackle. You need to break contact with the defender, which is why the slapsies plays are effective from a fantasy perspective.

It used to be how you described it but think they changed it a couple years back. Why you don't really see the huge 30 point plays anymore for forwards barging over.

Why Hammers effort on Latrell when he scored isn't a miss, he still had him just happened to be over the line. Whether you agree with it or not is a different story but I think they are fairly consistent TBH. The main one that seems to be subjective is try savers, could do with some clarification on that for sure.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:35 am

WT Winfield wrote:It's not pretty, but I found a way to get rid of BMM. Welcome back Talau.. Warbrick survives and will have to pass on Russell. Really isn't as useful to me without CTR anyway.

Gonna book Katoa's 40 over the Couch and add to the list of next week's problems.

Was just reading Manly are planning to get Talau under contract for next year, and are trying to secure an early release to join them this year by the transfer deadline. Naden is out a few weeks, so less likely to get him immediately, but hoping they can get the transfer completed ahead of round 13. Tigers season is pretty much over anyway.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:35 am

KBrom 1 game with early plea, Murray fined
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:38 am

mattnz wrote:

Was just reading Manly are planning to get Talau under contract for next year, and are trying to secure an early release to join them this year by the transfer deadline. Naden is out a few weeks, so less likely to get him immediately, but hoping they can get the transfer completed ahead of round 13. Tigers season is pretty much over anyway.

Nofo hasn't been seen since Round 3. Storm asked for an immediate trade. They said no.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:38 am

the_great_wobbler wrote:

FWIW pretty sure having someone on you when you score a try is no longer counted as a tackle break, and as such also not a missed tackle. You need to break contact with the defender, which is why the slapsies plays are effective from a fantasy perspective.

It used to be how you described it but think they changed it a couple years back. Why you don't really see the huge 30 point plays anymore for forwards barging over.

Why Hammers effort on Latrell when he scored isn't a miss, he still had him just happened to be over the line. Whether you agree with it or not is a different story but I think they are fairly consistent TBH. The main one that seems to be subjective is try savers, could do with some clarification on that for sure.

When they originally changed the rules it was to remove 'missed tackles' where someone is scoring a try, and there is no chance of stopping it, eg player dives at legs as someone is putting ball down.

It was supposed to still count as a tackle break/missed tackle if say, the try scorer carries a player over the line. Eg the defender had a 'reasonable' chance of making a tackle/preventing a try.

I don't really know how it is being policed though, because tbh i just don't look at the stats that closely.

Post by Guest Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:40 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

I'm really starting to tire of the inconsistency shown this year by the stats guys. Things like missed tackles should be easy to get right and if they arent it can have big impacts on a person's season fantasy-wise. Not good enough!

Even worse when you’re a POD player, used to love podding when I started but soon realised the stats guys are watching them half as much as the star picks.
    I realised 10 emails about a missed tackle bust on a POD is much easier to manage than 10 thousand emails on a Ponga slap. Does sap the fun out of it a bit, but they do seem to be missing the mark more this season.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:41 am

my tv broke wrote:

When they originally changed the rules it was to remove 'missed tackles' where someone is scoring a try, and there is no chance of stopping it, eg player dives at legs as someone is putting ball down.

It was supposed to still count as a tackle break/missed tackle if say, the try scorer carries a player over the line. Eg the defender had a 'reasonable' chance of making a tackle/preventing a try.

I don't really know how it is being policed though, because tbh i just don't look at the stats that closely.

Its a bit of a lottery, sometimes they give a TB to the attacker and a MT to the defender, other times they don't.

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:35 am