NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:32 pm

Chewie wrote:Hopgood will still get 55+ mins, silly to trade him out

If he gets me Cleary and lets me keep Latrell is that worth it?
    BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 9 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by BCT05 Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:33 pm

Yeah actually realising I jumped the gun thinking I'll trade him this week. Didn't really notice Greig in the starting lineup, should get enough minutes. Will hold this week and assess next week but likely move him on then.

Might go the double Dolphin half cows. Uto and HSS to Katoa and Nikorima.

rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:42 pm

If he's a 60-minute player, he's pretty much peaked in price. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a sell, but if it's a route to Cleary/Hynes it seems ok.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:51 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Dunster? Think Simonson would have been getting dropped if he hadn't been suspended. Probably Dunster's spot to lose.

(If it didn't have to be a WFB, I'd put KNik above him though)

I’m thinking KNik, and that would leave me enough bank to do Talau > Russell next week if he gets DPP.

If Warbrick scores poor then it’ll be CNK, Perham or Campbell in, leaning towards CNK at the moment
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:53 pm

Is Frizell or Brailey a buy over hosking. Position not mattering.
    zim
    zim

Post by zim Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:27 pm

I reckon Wests should keep Wakeham at half and put Brooks at 14 as hooker when Api needs a rest. He could tackle fine in the middle for 30 mins and would be gun scooting out of dummy half. Brooks might think differently though Laughing
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:50 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

If he's a 60-minute player, he's pretty much peaked in price. Doesn't necessarily mean he's a sell, but if it's a route to Cleary/Hynes it seems ok.

Hopgood
    Total points: 323 (1st in EDG, 2nd in MID behind Haas)
    Avg per round: 64.6 (2nd in EDG behind Hosking, 3rd in MID behind Yeo & Haas)
    Great bye round cover

Trade at your peril
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:03 pm

Chewie wrote:

Hopgood
    Great bye round cover

Trade at your peril

Agree, I think everyone will find out just how valuable dual Eels players are over the bye rounds, gives you the flexibility to play them in different positions in different weeks.

Add in that Eels will be short of key forwards due to Origin, and you would be missing out on decent scoring all 3 rounds.
    Shady2K
    Shady2K

Post by Shady2K Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:25 pm

Chewie wrote:

Hopgood
    Great bye round cover

Trade at your peril

Definite hold this week, but the return of Paulo could affect him

Lots of minutes on the board between Paulo RCG and Matto, and Lane obviously now locking up one edge
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:32 pm

Caught up, some good chat, aside from people thinking captaining Fifita or trading in AKP against the Dragons is a good idea. 

We already beat the Titans. Beat the Dolphins. Had the Broncos covered for 70 before humidity or daylight savings or some other thing happened. Qld teams are owned by us. Straight facts.

Also Russell is definitely a wait a week. Could very easily be a 20pt guy. Looked at him but realised I might be trading HSS for an Eels version of HSS.

Holding Hopgood but not liking it.

Holding Kenny… maybe, could go to Brailey but leaves no bank. Or Cheese again I guess.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:36 pm

I could google, but I'd rather try and keep this place humming... is Suaali playing for a super rugby club as of 2025, as all I hear is he is playing for the Wallabies.
    Isn't rugby union both embarrassed and worried at the same time, the fact they have to poach for established players from other codes.
    I know younger players are often poached prior to being  established in either code, but what does it say about rugby union grassroots that they need to grab rugby leagues established stars (Sailor, Rogers, Loti, Suaalii - just a couple of the top) to fill out the Wallabies squad.

From what I hear, the layers/grassroots doesnt exist for the code, as the quality at the Uni level is falling in Oz and its just about the prestige of going to one of the shiny Uni/schools.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:49 pm

Revraiser wrote:I could google, but I'd rather try and keep this place humming... is Suaali playing for a super rugby club as of 2025, as all I hear is he is playing for the Wallabies.
    Isn't rugby union both embarrassed and worried at the same time, the fact they have to poach for established players from other codes.
    I know younger players are often poached prior to being  established in either code, but what does it say about rugby union grassroots that they need to grab rugby leagues established stars (Sailor, Rogers, Loti, Suaalii - just a couple of the top) to fill out the Wallabies squad.

From what I hear, the layers/grassroots doesnt exist for the code, as the quality at the Uni level is falling in Oz and its just about the prestige of going to one of the shiny Uni/schools.

hes playing for the waraths super rugby team,

I dont think the ARU cares currently that they have to poach,

They don't have the pathways at moment, I'm reminded of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esv363YAHVg

crichton said waratahs, told him he would make his debut at 23, when he was 18, michael maguire said he would play as soon as he was ready

with the boon of lions followed by rugby world cup in 2025, 2027, there will be a resurrgence and hopefully they put pathways in place, but they need results and are front loading all that extra money signning Sualli, and the rest whomever they will be
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:50 pm

Russell definotely passes the eye test. No stats to it, or trade yes or no... but he looks very good to me.

Has he played any spine position in his juniors ?
    zim
    zim

Post by zim Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:54 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Union won't change penalty goals from 3 points to 2, so it will remain a goal-kick-a-thon garbage spectator sport.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:57 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

hes playing for the waraths super rugby team,

I dont think the ARU cares currently that they have to poach,

They don't have the pathways at moment, I'm reminded of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esv363YAHVg

crichton said waratahs, told him he would make his debut at 23, when he was 18, michael maguire said he would play as soon as he was ready

with the boon of lions followed by rugby  world cup in 2025, 2027, there will be a resurrgence and hopefully they put pathways in place, but they need results and are front loading all that extra money signning Sualli, and the rest whomever they will be

Mmmm yeah cheers mate, it's interesting. I'm not a code basher and us against them etc.. but to try and look at it as a neutral it is also a shame, as the players that go often don't get to show there skills as much anymore either just due to the nature of the 15 man game. Aside from that, the Wallabies being successful isn't going to be altered by these 'backs' type signings.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:58 pm

zim wrote:

Union won't change penalty goals from 3 points to 2, so it will remain a goal-kick-a-thon garbage spectator sport.

It's a hard watch at the best of times no doubt.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:00 am

Revraiser wrote:

Mmmm yeah cheers mate, it's interesting. I'm not a code basher and us against them etc.. but to try and look at it as a neutral it is also a shame, as the players that go often don't get to show there skills as much anymore either just due to the nature of the 15 man game. Aside from that, the Wallabies being successful isn't going to be altered by these 'backs' type signings.

we finished off the wallabies in 2003 and theyve never recovered

;-)
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:13 am

Union is a much bigger sport worldwide with far more money and exposure and post-career opportunity. It shouldn't be, but it is. Can completely understand Suaalii going over there, it's the smart move on his part.

At the same time, the Wallabies will never win anything until Union is the major oval-ball game in Australia, in the way it is in NZ, SA, England, France. And it never will be, so they can keep poaching the odd player and keep dreaming but that's all it'll be.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:14 am

Careful of the union bashing lads! Evil or Very Mad
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:18 am

Didn't mean to derail, just probably catching up on some views/shows today and spitting out some thoughts.

It's just amazing how two games so similar, are so different.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:12 pm