NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Yet again out of trades

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by Yet again out of trades Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:41 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Tough one, I don't think anyone knows for sure. At current price, we're close to moving from, will he make cash to, is he a keeper, to justify the trade. I think reasonable chance he is, but requires a leap of faith.

The Gap the leap requires grows If I didn't reluctantly pull the trigger last week I don't think I could this week.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by my tv broke Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:41 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Smith looked great, but the fact that Eisenhuth has leapfrogged him with JFH out tells you the limit of his role, which is currently Sorenson's bench middle position. When Martin back, would assume Sorenson goes back to that, but Panthers seem to playing silly buggers on Martin's injury, so who knows?

Even if he keeps the mins its another keppie-like situation. Youre needing a 'ceiling' ppm every game and game flow for a bench middle can have a huge impact on that
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:43 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Even if he keeps the mins its another keppie-like situation. Youre needing a 'ceiling' ppm every game and game flow for a bench middle can have a huge impact on that

Oh no, is this a post about Hopgood?
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:46 pm

The conundrum is if you hold both Hopgood and Carty do you play both? Play none? Choose one? It’s not like you can have a look 😂

I’m inclined to keep both and play both

Edit : Although it looks like I now have too many dudes who can be relied upon to score between 35-50

Last edited by Aardvark on Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:48 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Smith looked great, but the fact that Eisenhuth has leapfrogged him with JFH out tells you the limit of his role, which is currently Sorenson's bench middle position. When Martin back, would assume Sorenson goes back to that, but Panthers seem to playing silly buggers on Martin's injury, so who knows?

Yeah that’s a good point, Ivan’s never straight batted an injury either. Martin could be right in a week or six for all anybody knows.
    I’m in the exact same boat with the Carty spot too, had the powder dry and ready waiting to see his name dropped so I could bring Cheese in for some coin and HOK cover, only to be dealt this shit sandwich in that you could trade him out and he stays there all year, or keep him for some average score and the continued uncertainty next week.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:48 pm

my tv broke wrote:

It was originally 'reported' that akp was retained in the side due to fifitas injury.

Dont really think fifita had a mortgage on the position so akp probably done enough to keep the spot.. at least for now

Pre season it was always fifitas wing tho

Hmmm...thanks for that info mate.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:52 pm

Aardvark wrote:The conundrum is if you hold both Hopgood and Carty do you play both? Play none? Choose one? It’s not like you can have a look 😂

I’m inclined to keep both and play both

Plenty of MID minutes up for grabs with Paulo out and a lack of trust in other players outside of the core group of RCG, Hopgood, Matto to hold things together for them through the middle.

I am expecting Hopgood to come on and play out the game when Greig is exhausted (probably 15-20 minutes in). Matto more likely to steal minutes from Lane with no match fitness, than Carty who plays 80 easily every week, and even then would only be a few minutes at the end if any.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:02 pm

wolfking wrote:Does everyone already have AFK or people not keen?  That BE is hard to ignore for me.  I think he comes in for HSS.

Is he AFK or AKP? The first one doesn't make sense to me.

I'm half tempted. But BE's can evaporate pretty quickly and I need someone who I can play in the 17. If you are confident that you won't have to play him (which is difficult this year) then could be a decent shout. Probably not for me though.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:09 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Is he AFK or AKP? The first one doesn't make sense to me.

I'm half tempted. But BE's can evaporate pretty quickly and I need someone who I can play in the 17. If you are confident that you won't have to play him (which is difficult this year) then could be a decent shout. Probably not for me though.

Sorry, yeah him. I just fucking guessed the 3 initials. Couldn't remember and couldn't be assed looking up his name. Cleary I got it wrong.

Has opportunities playing the Dragons at home this week though. Just gunning for cash gen and it's for HSS anyway. Maybe it's better to wait to see if any of these cheap Eels stick around.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:10 pm

wolfking wrote:Does everyone already have AFK or people not keen?  That BE is hard to ignore for me.  I think he comes in for HSS.

What do you do in 3 weeks when the BE is gone, but he's still in your team
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:13 pm

Lane predominantly plays left edge which is where Cartwright has been playing and as good as Carty has been in fantasy he isn’t that good in real life. I think full strength/fit Eels pack would be

RCG Hodgson Paulo
    Lane Matterson
    Hopgood

All capable of big minutes, Matto and Murchie have the ability to cover both middle/edge which makes Carty a trade out when not playing 80.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:13 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:The cowboys forward pack and interchange is messed up, whys he playing props in back row and two utilities on the bench

Payten don’t lose it now mate

I would have thought Mitch Dunn starts on the edge and Neame at Prop. Probably a switch on game day? The rest seems fairly reasonable.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:18 pm

Just saw that the Tigers ANZAC jersey features an image of US troops.

Basket case of a club.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:19 pm

Ando wrote:Lane predominantly plays left edge which is where Cartwright has been playing and as good as Carty has been in fantasy he isn’t that good in real life. I think full strength/fit Eels pack would be

RCG Hodgson Paulo
    Lane Matterson
    Hopgood

All capable of big minutes, Matto and Murchie have the ability to cover both middle/edge which makes Carty a trade out when not playing 80.

That definitely looks like their best pack to an outsider.

*If* the Eels somehow lose to the Tigers they go into full crisis club mode at 1-5. The sort of mass changes we've seen in today's team list do hint at a coach who's getting a bit desperate, so who knows what happens from here.
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:24 pm

Thinking of giving Latrell another chance (see if he can make back some of the money he's lost before origin).

I know it's probably prudent to wait on the eels players, but thinking of going Hopgood and Carty > Cleary and Cheese.
    Ando
    Ando

Post by Ando Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:25 pm

I’m 1k short of single trade Carty > Brailey which is annoying. So looking a double trade of:

Kenny > Brailey
    Carty > Cow

Just not sure who’s the best cash cow to grab, limited options. May have to trade to a WFB if Warbrick shits the bed against the Rooster.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:27 pm

Ando wrote:I’m 1k short of single trade Carty > Brailey which is annoying. So looking a double trade of:

Kenny > Brailey
    Carty > Cow

Just not sure who’s the best cash cow to grab, limited options. May have to trade to a WFB if Warbrick shits the bed against the Rooster.

Dunster? Think Simonson would have been getting dropped if he hadn't been suspended. Probably Dunster's spot to lose.

(If it didn't have to be a WFB, I'd put KNik above him though)

Last edited by rhinoceroo on Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:29 pm

Hopgood will still get 55+ mins, silly to trade him out
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:29 pm

Milchcow wrote:

What do you do in 3 weeks when the BE is gone, but he's still in your team

What do you do with any cow in this situation?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:31 pm

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 8 Giphy

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 8:47 am