NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

lukeayee
    lukeayee

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by lukeayee Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:29 pm

ForanAgainst wrote:

I’m not here a lot. I do try to be helpful when I can, and yes I admit sometimes I have a bit of a joke at Rabbits21 expense(ie, my last TU/TD post). Sometimes I don’t post because someone has already said what I’m thinking or the thought I do have seems a bit irrational. Maybe dan feels the same? Idk. Yes, we all have lives outside of this. I took a new job recently where sometimes I have to work nights or weekends and miss out on the game time banter.

I have gone through four pages of dan posts, and absolutely, it’s all asking for advice and not much else. I’m not inside his brain, so I will never know why he doesn’t give his opinion as well as takes it.

Rabbits and Matt. I think they get bagged on a lot, because they are very opinionated personalities. There is nothing wrong with that. I firmly believe that it is their “holier than thou”, you can’t sway me from what I know to be correct mindset that gets under the skin of others.

The fact that people here think their advice is that valuable is laughable.

The only posts worth anything are some of the more experienced posters (Milchow, Booze, et al) providing lessons on trades, generating cash, learning how to use statistics etc. We also get the odd team expert giving advice on pack rotations.

The rest of the stuff on here is just conjecture based on feeling. Which is fine, it's all a good laugh. But everyone should seriously get off the high horses. We are all likely as stupid as each other.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 28 - Eels in crisis, no minutes for gun cheapies

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:31 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:
    Remember when I use to post 20 trade ideas a day…..

Ahh the good old day 🤣

haha when i first joined sportal that was me i was posting a new team version basically every day
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:33 pm

As a footballer (soccer) and someone who never played either code after the age of 8 years old I don’t feel like I can provide advice on the actual game eg: rotations, rules, and stuff that comes from playing the game. 

So I do my best to try and contribute in other ways, like banners and avatars for posters when time permitted.

I’m getting better and learning a lot from posters every year
    lukeayee
    lukeayee

Post by lukeayee Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:35 pm

Liverpool_Bulldog wrote:As a footballer (soccer) and someone who never played either code after the age of 8 years old I don’t feel like I can provide advice on the actual game eg: rotations, rules, and stuff that comes from playing the game. 

So I do my best to try and contribute in other ways, like banners and avatars for posters when time permitted.

I’m getting better and learning a lot from posters every year

That's valuable though.

I think I provide next to no value. I've never been competitive enough in fantasy to warrant sticking my chest out. But I also don't really ask for anything.

White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:44 pm

to clarify i'm not saying we all have to be angels & not say anything negative all i'm saying is imo sometimes it crosses the line from good hearted banter to something which is nasty.
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:45 pm

lukeayee wrote:

That's valuable though.

I think I provide next to no value. I've never been competitive enough in fantasy to warrant sticking my chest out. But I also don't really ask for anything.

Oh yeah I’ve never had a particularly good fantasy finish either.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:49 pm

easytiger wrote:

Yeah, I think a 55 BE is likely to be pretty close to being on the money.
    He's also priced at about 55, so there's a fair chance he drops a few K.

I'm still going to wait and see how things shake out, the main reason being that he's still one of the 13 best players in that team, Carty not so much

I’m holding as well

Would sell if I didn’t have Cleary and wanted him this week instead of Hynes next week
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:53 pm

lukeayee wrote:

The fact that people here think their advice is that valuable is laughable.

The only posts worth anything are some of the more experienced posters (Milchow, Booze, et al)  providing lessons on trades, generating cash, learning how to use statistics etc. We also get the odd team expert giving advice on pack rotations.

The rest of the stuff on here is just conjecture based on feeling. Which is fine, it's all a good laugh. But everyone should seriously get off the high horses. We are all likely as stupid as each other.

I have the highest post count here and that's nothing to be proud of. I've had 30,000 posts of just absolute shit! The old one liners here and there too I guess. lol!
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:58 pm

i'm thinking of selling dce & tedesco to get cleary & sj....dce isn't dominating possession as much as i expected & he's losing money. he has a b/e of 80 & he's only going large when he scores tries & even his km's have declined. i would like to keep tedesco but again he's losing money & with a b/e of 76 that will probably continue & i have warbrick & akp who i can rotate as my 3rd wfb.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:03 pm

Just here for the lol's

But it's an online community where people will have different views all of which are as valid as the other and all of which deserve to have the piss taken out of them just as much as the other.

Posts lack the nuance of first person interaction where you can tell if someone is emotionally equipped to have the piss taken out of them so sometimes discretion is the better part of valour.

On a side note let's not romanticise Rabbit... he was great fun to have around but he could be a massive prick when things weren't going his way.

Life observation : It's always the so called 'hard men' who are the first to cry bully when they get pulled up on being a shit bloke (Edit : not directed at anyone here but I usually think it whenever I hear the word bully thrown around)
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:10 pm

@White Lightning

Crazy that you made 2 posts on effectively the same topic (Bullying of Danseels) one got downvoted to hell and the other is all upvotes.

Your point is excellent though. If you don't like what someone says, ignore them and move on. Block them if you have to. Certainly you are unlikely to change someone's ways by just insulting them until they do what you want.
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:13 pm

Just listened to Ciraldo's press conference, he said Preston and King haven't trained all week but they just need to get through today's captains run
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:14 pm

lukeayee wrote:

We have a lot of new soft people on this fourm.

It's like the old posters like Rabs and Co disappeared and this all of a sudden became a safe place for softies.

Like most online forums/reddit just get filled up with left idealists who think they should tell you how to live your life. That's online life now sadly.

Some people captain Hopgood, some people captain Cleary and Grant.

The Rabbit is back son. Very Happy
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:16 pm

White Lightning wrote:i'm thinking of selling dce & tedesco to get cleary & sj....dce isn't dominating possession as much as i expected & he's losing money. he has a b/e of 80 & he's only going large when he scores tries & even his km's have declined. i would like to keep tedesco but again he's losing money & with a b/e of 76 that will probably continue & i have warbrick & akp who i can rotate as my 3rd wfb.

if you're going to trade Tedesco, now is the week to do it. Definitely misses this week. Given his concussion history and the Rooster's caution with concussions I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up missing next week too.

Selling DCE smacks of something you'll regret.

In reality, he's had 1 poor score, to go with 1 excellent core and 2 that meet expectations. Every chance you trade him our for SJ to score 40 and DCE to get an 80+.
    As someone sideways trading Hopgood to get Cleary in though, not sure I am in much position to criticise a sideways trade

Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:17 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Life observation : It's always the so called 'hard men' who are the first to cry bully when they get pulled up on being a shit bloke (Edit : not directed at anyone here but I usually think it whenever I hear the word bully thrown around)

anyone watching Alone Australia?

The self professed 'Alpha Male' tapped out pretty early when he couldn't hack things.

Although he at least did better than the guy who didn't even last 24 hours before pulling the plug.
    White Lightning
    White Lightning
    Fanatic

Post by White Lightning Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:18 pm

Milchcow wrote:@White Lightning

Crazy that you made 2 posts on effectively the same topic (Bullying of Danseels) one got downvoted to hell and the other is all upvotes.

Your point is excellent though. If you don't like what someone says, ignore them and move on. Block them if you have to. Certainly you are unlikely to change someone's ways by just insulting them until they do what you want.

yeah i saw that it's bizarre
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:20 pm

Milchcow wrote:

anyone watching Alone Australia?

The self professed 'Alpha Male' tapped out pretty early when he couldn't hack things.

Although he at least did better than the guy who didn't even last 24 hours before pulling the plug.

Anyone who calls themselves an Alpha male is most definitely not, It's like giving yourself a nickname Very Happy
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:21 pm

Aardvark wrote:Just here for the lol's

But it's an online community where people will have different views all of which are as valid as the other and all of which deserve to have the piss taken out of them just as much as the other.

Posts lack the nuance of first person interaction where you can tell if someone is emotionally equipped to have the piss taken out of them so sometimes discretion is the better part of valour.

On a side note let's not romanticise Rabbit... he was great fun to have around but he could be a massive prick when things weren't going his way.

I notice you have an awful lot to say when people don’t agree with you though. Especially when they don’t go along with your left wing, pretend anarchist stuff.

Just an observation. Good luck with your fantasy stuff.
    Shumway
    Shumway

Post by Shumway Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:22 pm

I think I'm spending my Hynes bank and worry about getting him in later. Already have Cleary and Moses in HLF.

Going HSS to Trbo to strengthen my WFB. Allows me to loop Warbrick instead of needing to play him.

Targeting Tohu and Brailey next week now.
    Rabbit
    Rabbit

Post by Rabbit Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:23 pm

Anyway, hoping to improve the ranking from 24,000 this weekend. Good luck all. Hoping Carty and Hosking gets the bench next week.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:23 am