NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ

Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:24 am

Any love for Suluka-Fifita out there?
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ - Page 14 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:29 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

Birds average at lock in games >70 minutes is 52. I think you're expecting a bit much for him to pump out 60s easily or regularly.

60 or 55 matters not too much. He is just a solid reliable scorer at LOCK and I have enough suspicion about NULL NULL not to do more CTR roulette. An average of 52 would be excellent. Any more would be gold
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:30 am

my tv broke wrote:Tariq Sims on Storm website for rnd 4 media - still see's himself as an edge forward, but then also says he always thought he'd transition to the middle, and is excited about learning/playing that role, plus the usual 'happy to play anywhere' stuff.

Good to see he's taking it one week at a time
    Finch
    Finch

Post by Finch Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:30 am

Holy Moly wrote:Any love for Suluka-Fifita out there?

I say just do it, roll the dice if you're keen (Although if he's not starting perhaps not)

I started with MCK and has been happy days
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:31 am

my tv broke wrote:

I'm going to hold Butcher, basically its Trindall or Doorey that have to go for me (and probably the other next week).

Butcher at least good for around 40 scores. The other two aren't worth keeping around *unless injury to Hynes. Trindall scores 10 this week he makes about 20k. Doorey scores 25 and he makes about the same, but at least won't drop money the following week. Maybe Doorey just plays the Murchie role and gets 35 mins in the middle at a better PPM.

Just trying to be wary of 1 week HIA's etc and having too many duds down the bottom of the list in the next few weeks.

For similar reasons, thoughts on selling Terrell May rather than EButcher??

May has some money to make still probably, and Butcher probably becomes a half next week anyway. But as you say if it's carnage next week, I can at least play Butcher.

Other options to sell are Doorey or Trindall.

Thoughts?
    ForanAgainst
    ForanAgainst

Post by ForanAgainst Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:31 am

Bethany_B wrote:Thoughts on Keppie as a cheaper alternative to Lemuelu?

Pre-trades I have Bird and Alamoti at CTR with Hammer, Walsh and Miller at WFB (Warbrick and Sloan as cover) so I don't really need the CTR cover.

Keppie seems to be getting 40ish mins a game and scoring at about 1ppm, for 90k less than Lemuelu (355k)

This would leave me 171k bank which would mean that next week I could potentially trade Trindall to Burton in one trade if things work out (They would need to get 47k closer together so I wouldn't bank on it), or alternatively Boyd and Trindall for Soni Luke and a half around 700k

If you have the Bird/Ala at centre, then I’d be looking at bringing in Keppie. I had him as a trade in this week until all the nullnull chatter, and the thought of no more HSS scores were music to ears.
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:32 am

Finch wrote:

I say just do it, roll the dice if you're keen (Although if he's not starting perhaps not)

I started with MCK and has been happy days

I might do it, but hoping to get some insight into how his future is looking with Souths injuries and his IRL playing style.
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:35 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:I can't look past J. Brailey as a under -recognised cut price gun. He is cheap because of an injury in Round 2. In an 80 minute role he scores very well. Hoping for a good rest of the year with him and not too much of a jump in price from Hodgson

I.think a lot of people will jump on but his BE this week is 80 so not a pressing in. Likely comes into my team next week for Boyd/Trindall
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:35 am

I'm also looking at a Trindall + Doorey trade. Can get Utoikumanu + DSF/AKP/Hands. Don't really love it and there is no need to force trades, but Doorey wasn't not great when he was starting and if Hynes goes down I'd be happy to get Trindall back.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:37 am

Mulvy wrote:

For similar reasons, thoughts on selling Terrell May rather than EButcher??

May has some money to make still probably, and Butcher probably becomes a half next week anyway. But as you say if it's carnage next week, I can at least play Butcher.

Other options to sell are Doorey or Trindall.

Thoughts?

It's all about the money saved in this situation by the looks mate. Trading Butcher means you trade in who you want this week and it's done but then if you plan to trade him next week and get stuck, you're forced to keep him yet again. Although if you can get rid of May, Doorey or Trindall for the same player and reasses Butcher next week, fingers crossed you can still trade him. Certainly has me rethinking.

I guess it all depends if the money is needed in the bank for whatever you want to do next week.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:38 am

WOW did Cleary's ownership really drop 12% over the bye round?

Clearly not the must have he may once have been? I am glad I kept the faith - Hoping to make a move towards having both him and Hynes soon after Round 6
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:38 am

Everyone mentioning Brailey, is no one tempted by Koroisau? similar price
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:40 am

ForanAgainst wrote:

If you have the Bird/Ala at centre, then I’d be looking at bringing in Keppie. I had him as a trade in this week until all the nullnull chatter, and the thought of no more HSS scores were music to ears.

Yeah I think I'm locking in Keppie for now, given that I don't need the CTR cover. That extra money in the bank could be crucial next week since if Burton doesn't look quite right (or even if he is) then I can go further up and get a half like Fogarty or Brown in preparation for the Origin period.

Also helps with MID cover because pre-trades, Ford is my only spare MID so having Keppie there is nice.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:44 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:Everyone mentioning Brailey, is no one tempted by Koroisau? similar price

Sheenius is a big threat to Koroisau, while as shit as AOB is, Brailey seems nailed on for 80 mins a week scoring roughly 50 points.

I'm currently not getting either of them (I can afford Cook) but Brailey will be a very handy pick if you need to buy a hooker in the next week or two

Post by Guest Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:44 am

mintotheimmortal wrote:Everyone mentioning Brailey, is no one tempted by Koroisau? similar price

Probably depends on people’s team makeup buddy, people wanting a HOK for round 13 will be looking Brailey where people who already may have a round 13 HOK (eg Robson) might be looking at Api.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:48 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Yeah I think I'm locking in Keppie for now, given that I don't need the CTR cover. That extra money in the bank could be crucial next week since if Burton doesn't look quite right (or even if he is) then I can go further up and get a half like Fogarty or Brown in preparation for the Origin period.

Also helps with MID cover because pre-trades, Ford is my only spare MID so having Keppie there is nice.

Think Keppie is a good look, no reason why he can’t chug along at 35-40 making a bit of coin along the way and also a handy first bye player.
    mintotheimmortal
    mintotheimmortal

Post by mintotheimmortal Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:49 am

Genderbender wrote:

Probably depends on people’s team makeup buddy, people wanting a HOK for round 13 will be looking Brailey where people who already may have a round 13 HOK (eg Robson) might be looking at Api.

Makes sense, thanks mate I never think about byes so it never crossed my mind that rationale
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:51 am

rhinoceroo wrote:

Pretty sure all Cleary holders will be captaining him.

If I had bought the almighty Chin back in (next round or 2 he or Hynes will return as my uber-gun) I'd still put the C on Robson.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:51 am

Doueihi to SJ seems to be fairly popular (and I'll probably end up doing the same), but does anyone prefer Burton as an alternative?

I'm currently looking at the fairly standard Doueihi and Doorey to SJ and Lemuelu trades. This is probably the sensible play that I'll end up going with.

However, it's always fun to tinker, and I'm not that sold on Lemuelu, so also tossing up:

a) Boyd to Koro/Brailey
    b) Talau to Sloan/Perham/CNK to beef up my WFB.
    c) Doorey to Stefano instead of NullNull.

Given I'll have to run Miller/AKP/Warbick this week with Teddy on a bye, B is quite appealing.
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:52 am

my tv broke wrote:

He only made the move into the forwards last season and didn't start any games last year.. only played two off the bench that were over 30 mins (one was 31 mins).

There isn't really any prior stats to go on for him.

As I said before, he's not a must have, but he's a cheapish edge forward that is selectable at centre. The appeal for me is that he is not Harley Smith Shields.

This is the appeal for me...not HSS

Not sure he is a must have option as a non CTR middie cash cow or even a nice to have.

If you aren't playing him at CTR I don't think it's worth jumping from another midranger.

Edit:  I don't think anyone is saying he is Bird but the last time I looked Bird was $170k more and tbh no one would be looking at Bird if he was a mid/edg only (general comments here not a direct reply)

Last edited by Aardvark on Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:44 pm