NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ

Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:27 am

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

This is something I've been thinking about the last few days. It's generally a pretty important part of fantasy as most squads don't make enough cash for an ideal 17/18/19. I wonder if the additional trades help to get this over the line or if we will still be running "sub optimal" options like DBrown, Olakau'atu, SWalker, AFB to round out the squad

For what it's worth I'm looking at guys like CHN, JTurbo, BHunt, HYoung in this range based on historical scores

Definitely may need to do this.
    Sure you can stack your 13 but if your bench is scoring poor then overall it will drag you down
    And relying on all those points of say the 13 gun players then an hia or injury to one and now you feel the pain more too

With all the constant byes I feel you are going to need a playable pool of players
    Perhaps a DPP player with good byes (Gilbert) is worth more than a much more expensive origin player long term

I feel it’s easy to see the big shiny new player coming off a large score and spend the kitty
    Saying that the Turbos and Tedescos throw that theory all out the window often

On another note probably can’t rely on the byes to make huge inroads like previous years so going to have to be smart and make gradual moves weekly

Mr Trump
    Mr Trump

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ - Page 32 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ

Post by Mr Trump Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:29 am

Lads I need help on making a decision. Do I captain Murray or Grant? Feel like Murray will play 80 this week and feel like since Munster is back in will effect grants score a little. Such a coin toss 🫣. Does anyone here know if Murray will for sure play 80?
    sajjos
    sajjos

Post by sajjos Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:31 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:Todays mission is to have a look at some value picks for 14-17 bench spots with job security
    Might give something to discuss today and it's easy to spend up the budget on a gun and then left with no way to upgrade the bench
    You choose a few dodgy cheap picks regardless to force the trade and find yourself in a team death spiral
    Have seen a few teams here quietly do this and have noticed it again this year. The fence is long and tall to observe from

Given the lack of 230k cheapies, might need to look at what else is out there and increase the depth of the starting 17 over some of the more questionable picks

Sub 400k players that can average 40+
    400-600k cut price keepers average 50+

Sometimes I feel it could be worth looking at $/points too and see if there are some value picks that I may have overlooked. Easy enough to discount some and worth having a look while on a coffee break

I feel currently the cut price keepers there are few that the boat has almost left (Wilton/Gilbert) while I am a week or 2 early on the fallen guns if wanting value or need to see another game from them (Young/Brailey/Frizell/Burton)

So will be interesting to see whats around

I don't know why but this reminded me of Booze
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:31 am

robelgordo wrote:

The cheap (sub 400k) player this week with the highest potential ceiling is Brandon Wakeham. Jacob Host might be second! (This assumes everyone has Preston and other super popular cows)

Definitely worth looking at, cheers
    How many laughed at Carty/cheekam/HTF/Sloan/Perham pre season
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:34 am

robelgordo wrote:

The cheap (sub 400k) player this week with the highest potential ceiling is Brandon Wakeham. Jacob Host might be second! (This assumes everyone has Preston and other super popular cows)

Surely Ford, Perham and Sloan are all ahead of them, and could all have 50+ scores easily on their day.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:34 am

Mr Trump wrote:Lads I need help on making a decision. Do I captain Murray or Grant? Feel like Murray will play 80 this week and feel like since Munster is back in will effect grants score a little. Such a coin toss 🫣. Does anyone here know if Murray will for sure play 80?

Demetriou is dodging my calls at the moment. I think you should follow your suggestion of tossing a coin.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:34 am

sajjos wrote:

I have thought that on other posts.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:35 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:Definitely worth looking at, cheers

Actually pretty surprising how many cheap but 'not quite basement' price options have done well (the latter three).

When i first started posting in pre-season I said Perham was a no-brainer selection at WFB3. Then i forgot all about it and pushed cheaper options into my team (Warbrick). Perham another that we took too much notice of a quiet trial game and avoided. Sloan as well. Sloan's tries might dry up and scoring slows down but end of the day the points are on the board so far and that's all that matters.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:35 am

sajjos wrote:

Absinthe or something more mild?
    Alcohol is expensive these days and only leads to headaches and arguments
    I am boring and stick to tea and coffee

mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:37 am

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ - Page 32 Screen11

Currently getting a glitch where it's giving me the option to trade Doueihi out twice, gotta love FanHub Laughing
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:37 am

my tv broke wrote:

Actually pretty surprising how many cheap but 'not quite basement' price options have done well (the latter three).

When i first started posting in pre-season I said Perham was a no-brainer selection at WFB3. Then i forgot all about it and pushed cheaper options into my team (Warbrick). Perham another that we took too much notice of a quiet trial game and avoided. Sloan as well. Sloan's tries might dry up and scoring slows down but end of the day the points are on the board so far and that's all that matters.

There’s a heap others too but this was off the top of my head
    Who would have thought you would need to spend a little extra for the better option over the sun 250k player haha
    Shit even TMM and similar are starting to pay out too
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:40 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Definitely worth looking at, cheers

Guilty on Carty

Got spooked by negativity on trials with Sloan and Perham, ignoring my own theory that trial form isn't that important. If the guy is the FB and is under 300k it's worth a punt.

Obviously Wakeham has some job security issues but 35 is his floor average I'd think. Could easily be low 40s.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:41 am

mattnz wrote:

I have thought that on other posts.

Cheers, will take that as a compliment then
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:43 am

mattnz wrote:

Surely Ford, Perham and Sloan are all ahead of them, and could all have 50+ scores easily on their day.

Not sure the fullbacks have potential to make as much cash from here as Wakeham, and Ford will likely do it more slowly. Just my opinion.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:44 am

robelgordo wrote:

Guilty on Carty

Got spooked by negativity on trials with Sloan and Perham, ignoring my own theory that trial form isn't that important. If the guy is the FB and is under 300k it's worth a punt.

Obviously Wakeham has some job security issues but 35 is his floor average I'd think. Could easily be low 40s.  

Looking at Wakeham, what’s the tigers next plan if they don’t win?
    Does Wakeham take over the primary role (and most kicking) or will they play sides
    Sheens scares
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:50 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Does Wakeham take over the primary role (and most kicking) or will they play sides
    Sheens scares

Yeah totally, everyone is avoiding him because of Sheens. In three weeks he could be out in NSW Cup as Plan C is initiated. Or in three weeks he could be doing all the kicking (including maybe goals) and average close to 50
    Honey Badger
    Honey Badger

Post by Honey Badger Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:51 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Sheens scares

Three date rule on Wakeham
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:51 am

Contrastinghobby wrote:Todays mission is to have a look at some value picks for 14-17 bench spots with job security
    Might give something to discuss today and it's easy to spend up the budget on a gun and then left with no way to upgrade the bench
    You choose a few dodgy cheap picks regardless to force the trade and find yourself in a team death spiral
    Have seen a few teams here quietly do this and have noticed it again this year. The fence is long and tall to observe from

Given the lack of 230k cheapies, might need to look at what else is out there and increase the depth of the starting 17 over some of the more questionable picks

Sub 400k players that can average 40+
    400-600k cut price keepers average 50+

Sometimes I feel it could be worth looking at $/points too and see if there are some value picks that I may have overlooked. Easy enough to discount some and worth having a look while on a coffee break

I feel currently the cut price keepers there are few that the boat has almost left (Wilton/Gilbert) while I am a week or 2 early on the fallen guns if wanting value or need to see another game from them (Young/Brailey/Frizell/Burton)

So will be interesting to see whats around

Good post.

I have had a sneaking suspicion that this season there seems to be have been more emphasis on bringing in 'guns' as early as possible which is great for short term scoring fixes but could lead to some issues down the road.

I also think that sometimes the 'only buy 10 points of value' card is overplayed...it may take two trades over the course of the season to get to your ultimate target.

Not saying you shouldn't pick up a keeper with a great track record who bottoms out well under their long term average but sometimes the plodder who is 5 points undervalued but $200k cheaper can move you forward while leaving a few $$ in the bank for future moves
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:55 am

I was put off Perham, not chiefly by trial form, but by his previous NSW Cup and first grade stats.

Just seemed he was every chance of being a Brad Abbey type player rather than someone you'd want.

Similarly for TMM - the stats that would have justified him for me were from 2017, and it just looked like too much of a risk.

Of course I ended up taking worse options in Talau/BMM but shit happens hey

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:55 am

Doueihi to Wakeham instead of SJ/Reynolds/etc is a pretty interesting idea, but extremely risky.

Might be a nice ride though, and allow for grabbing Hynes in a few weeks time after Sharks bye.

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:27 am