NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ

FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:23 am

BCT05 wrote:

Guessing you don't own Doorey? As he is an easy sell over those two.

I think the decision to sell Doorey vs Trindall is closer than that.

Holding Trindall you're likely in for 20-30k price rise this week and barring an HIA/injury he's a sell next week.

Holding Doorey you're assuming he's getting limited minutes this week for his knee but will be back to starting and then he could be a hold to R13 making about 100k.

I guess the question is, is it more likely that an injury causes Trindall to get decent points and to come back into the side, or that Doorey ends up starting again. I think the potential upside of Trindall is higher, but less likely.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ - Page 13 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 20 - Kaufusi + 4 weeks = Null SQ

Post by robelgordo Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:28 am

Moanaman wrote:

Do you mean Origin Hooker BHunt that wont play R13?

...yes?

In my defence I just like to yell BEN HUNT.
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:29 am

robelgordo wrote:

BEN HUNT

Is this rhyming slang?
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:33 am

Thoughts on Keppie as a cheaper alternative to Lemuelu?

Pre-trades I have Bird and Alamoti at CTR with Hammer, Walsh and Miller at WFB (Warbrick and Sloan as cover) so I don't really need the CTR cover.

Keppie seems to be getting 40ish mins a game and scoring at about 1ppm, for 90k less than Lemuelu (355k)

This would leave me 171k bank which would mean that next week I could potentially trade Trindall to Burton in one trade if things work out (They would need to get 47k closer together so I wouldn't bank on it), or alternatively Boyd and Trindall for Soni Luke and a half around 700k
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:33 am

Chewie wrote:Ok lads, looking at trading in either ConNully(445k) or Ford (353k) this week, who would you go with?
    Both have DPP which is handy, both play the first bye, similar BE. Both are in a top 4 team, and both probably end up in my team in the next fortnight. Who will score more this week?

Upvote: Null Null
    Downvote: Ford

Without doing any rep farming. I am curious as to how 6 people up voted NULL NULL. In that case, who is the best choice out of NULL NULL and BIRD?

How much are we expecting NULL NULL to score moving forward?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:37 am

FaringdonSwirl wrote:

I think the decision to sell Doorey vs Trindall is closer than that.

Holding Trindall you're likely in for 20-30k price rise this week and barring an HIA/injury he's a sell next week.

Holding Doorey you're assuming he's getting limited minutes this week for his knee but will be back to starting and then he could be a hold to R13 making about 100k.

I guess the question is, is it more likely that an injury causes Trindall to get decent points and to come back into the side, or that Doorey ends up starting again. I think the potential upside of Trindall is higher, but less likely.

Yeah I don't believe that is the case personally. I would think either his knee is good to go or if it's not he wouldn't be named at all, so I think its a tactical decision not injury related.

I always thought Matto would return on the edge (I just thought it would probably be Carty that drops to bench!). Doorey might still play say 40mins with Matterson shifting to middle but Doorey is such a plodder fantasy wise that he needs 70+mins. Think there will always be uncertainty about his minutes now and he's such a slow burn that I'm fine to shut the door on him.

You're right though that he could be traded next week and Trindall this week instead, it is an option, -4 BE for Trindall just swings it for me.

Last edited by BCT05 on Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:38 am

BCT05 wrote:

Yeah I don't believe that is the case personally. I would think either his knee is good to go or if it's not he wouldn't be named at all, so I think its a tactical decision not injury related.

I always thought Matto would return on the edge (I just thought it would probably be Carty that drops to bench!). Doorey might still play say 40mins with Matterson shifting to middle but Doorey is such a plodder fantasy wise that he needs 70+mins. Think there will always be uncertainty about his minutes now and he's such a slow burn that I'm fine to shut the door on him.

Selling Doorey is fine but I suspect he would come on at 20-30 mins and play the rest of the game on the edge with Matto moving to the middle to spell one of the props or Hopgood
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:42 am

What are those with Sutton doing this week?

I like his MID cover but his PPM isnt great and his price is definitely not going up anytime soon, so might be best to cut my losses and accept he wasnt a good call.

I'm thinking EButcher and Sutton to Lemuelu and SJ leaving 9k ITB, so I have a reliable CTR and decent half to go with Arey.
    Any issues seen here? Probably means I forgo Turbo and Hynes/Cleary upgrades a bit longer but like the stability it provides. Ony worry is it means BMM is my only MID cover, but I can fix that down the track
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:44 am

ShadowSabre wrote:What are those with Sutton doing this week?

I like his MID cover but his PPM isnt great and his price is definitely not going up anytime soon, so might be best to cut my losses and accept he wasnt a good call.

I'm thinking EButcher and Sutton to Lemuelu and SJ leaving 9k ITB, so I have a reliable CTR and decent half to go with Arey.
    Any issues seen here? Probably means I forgo Turbo and Hynes/Cleary upgrades a bit longer but like the stability it provides. Ony worry is it means BMM is my only MID cover, but I can fix that down the track

If you have someone like Boyd to plug into half this week I would be buying Turbo ahead of SJ any day.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:47 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Selling Doorey is fine but I suspect he would come on at 20-30 mins and play the rest of the game on the edge with Matto moving to the middle to spell one of the props or Hopgood

I am not selling Doorey but that is because I have got bigger problems with Douhicky and Hodgson on the bench. At this stage, I think the best use of Hodgson for the Eels might be as support for building up Hands to an 80 minute role. I am half tempted to take an early punt on Hands as my back up HOK. If there was someone else other than Boyd to start, I would probably go through with this
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:48 am

Bethany_B wrote:

If you have someone like Boyd to plug into half this week I would be buying Turbo ahead of SJ any day.

Plugging Boyd in wouldn't be temporary though. It would mean Arey and Boyd are my halves, rather than Boyd sitting on my bench and then next week I am down a half.

Effectively I either have HLF of Arey + SJ with Boyd as cover, with a WFB of Latrell, Miller, Warbrick.

Or

HLF of Arey + Boyd and no cover, with WFB of Latrell, Miller, Turbo
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:51 am

ShadowSabre wrote:

Plugging Boyd in wouldn't be temporary though. It would mean Arey and Boyd are my halves, rather than Boyd sitting on my bench and then next week I am down a half.

Effectively I either have HLF of Arey + SJ with Boyd as cover, with a WFB of Latrell, Miller, Warbrick.

Or

HLF of Arey + Boyd and no cover, with WFB of Latrell, Miller, Turbo

Depending on how much money you have in the bank after this week's trades you could simply trade Boyd to a half next week and just play Boyd this week (Burton will be bottoming out so he's a target)
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:58 am

Also there is a chance that Matterson will play most of his 80 minutes on the EDG with Doorey being resigned to a bit part 20 minute role. It is not going to impact his score that much but I don't think he is the best option going forward.

Lane will be back in R6 and it seems Carty may have played himself into a starting role from that point forward
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:00 am

All games that NULL NULL has played in the forwards and not scored a try are a bit shit in terms of scoring. I guess if you are selecting him as a CTR there is not that much of an upside unless he scores a try every week. Now that BIRD seems to have built up to 80 minutes, he could easily pump out regular 60s at LOCK.
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:05 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:All games that NULL NULL has played in the forwards and not scored a try are a bit shit in terms of scoring. I guess if you are selecting him as a CTR there is not that much of an upside unless he scores a try every week. Now that BIRD seems to have built up to 80 minutes, he could easily pump out regular 60s at LOCK.

He only made the move into the forwards last season and didn't start any games last year.. only played two off the bench that were over 30 mins (one was 31 mins).

There isn't really any prior stats to go on for him.

As I said before, he's not a must have, but he's a cheapish edge forward that is selectable at centre. The appeal for me is that he is not Harley Smith Shields.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:12 am

my tv broke wrote:

He only made the move into the forwards last season and didn't start any games last year.. only played two off the bench that were over 30 mins (one was 31 mins).

There isn't really any prior stats to go on for him.

Oops

NULL NULL plays two games a week on MTB's site.

There is just one game. I can see how he might even out with an average of 40 minutes or so at PROP for a score of 20 - 30. That does not make him the messiah. Not that great compared to the potential of an 80 minute BIRD at LOCK
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:15 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

Without doing any rep farming. I am curious as to how 6 people up voted NULL NULL. In that case, who is the best choice out of NULL NULL and BIRD?

How much are we expecting NULL NULL to score moving forward?

I was blatantly rep farming putting Null Null as the upvote option, I'm not ashamed to admit it
    Upvotes FTW cheer
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:18 am

Bethany_B wrote:

Not if your plug in for the week is Boyd. Then you have a problem next week.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:20 am

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:All games that NULL NULL has played in the forwards and not scored a try are a bit shit in terms of scoring. I guess if you are selecting him as a CTR there is not that much of an upside unless he scores a try every week. Now that BIRD seems to have built up to 80 minutes, he could easily pump out regular 60s at LOCK.

Birds average at lock in games >70 minutes is 52. I think you're expecting a bit much for him to pump out 60s easily or regularly.
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:22 am

I can't look past J. Brailey as a under -recognised cut price gun. He is cheap because of an injury in Round 2. In an 80 minute role he scores very well. Hoping for a good rest of the year with him and not too much of a jump in price from Hodgson

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:30 pm