NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he

Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he

Post by Chewie Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:32

HumanForumMember wrote:

Hey easytiger, I understand your concern about Aussie slang. I'll do my best to avoid using too much of it, especially when we're talking about fantasy NRL.
    But you know what they say - sometimes the best part of footy is the slang! I promise to try and strike a balance between being clear and keeping the Aussie spirit alive.

Thanks for raising this, and feel free to reach out if you need any help or have any other questions. Keep on roaring like a tiger! Cheers!

Bloody legend!
    User Name
    User Name

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he - Page 39 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he

Post by User Name Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:33

Dttragic2016 wrote:Really keen to hear some opinions on Kiraz v Turbo.
    Looking at the top 5k ownership % - Kiraz is at 2% ownership v Turbo at 32%

Could be the new Mansour.
    SeattleSupersonics
    SeattleSupersonics

Post by SeattleSupersonics Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:33

Is anyone trading bmm out?
    I’ve had him for 2 games but he looks like a big mistake
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:35

Teeth Eater wrote:I fell asleep on Sunday night and missed the second half of the second game, thus not seeing Trindall’s foot injury. I’m assuming from chat here it was nothing that would have stopped him playing this weekend if Hynes didn’t crash the party?

Going to be very hard moving in that negative break even.

Played out the game with injury. Minor
    L-Jimmy
    L-Jimmy

Post by L-Jimmy Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:35

LJ's Utterly Erroneous TLT Tips!

Bulldogs:

TPJ named for Preston on edge
    Averillo to FB, Perham to replace Alamoti in centres

Raiders:

Starling starting in 13, Woolford in 9
    Schiller replaces Kris at fullback, HSS to wing, Kris to centre

Broncos:
    Milford starting for Mam. No explanation given.

Cowboys:

Cotter into HK, Robson to bench, Luki starts on edge

Storm:
    Munster named at 5/8, Hughes out injured
    Jennings replaces Warbrick on wing

Dragons:

JDB returns to lock, pushing Bird to CTR
    Amone replaces Sullivan in halves, with Sullivan moving to FB.

Dolphins:
    Milford named for IKatoa, no explanation given.
    Lemuelu and Kaufusi both named on edge

Panthers:
    No change to previous round

Rabbitohs:
    Murray rested, Arrow returns for MCK
    Cook rested, Demetriou places large bet on TTurbo ATS

Sharks:

Hynes named in FB, McInness returns to hooker
    Nikora replaces Ramien in centres, with Graham on edge

Tigers:

Sheens names himself in halves, Bateman to Wigan

Warriors:

No change, bar RTS returning to FB
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:36

Dttragic2016 wrote:Really keen to hear some opinions on Kiraz v Turbo.
    Looking at the top 5k ownership % - Kiraz is at 2% ownership v Turbo at 32%

Looking at Turbo's avg at fullback in 2019 (53) and 2022 (38) in games over 70 mins is interesting. He's obviously started 2023 well and all footy fans would be hoping he gets a clean run without injuries. Manly have also had their bye so we could potentially see 10 rounds of Turbo in a row potentially averaging 50-55.

Looking at Kiraz, he averages 42 in games on the wing over the last year or so. So at first glance you're thinking Turbo should average around 10 more points than Kiraz. The stats that stand our for Kiraz are run metres, tackle breaks and offloads. Being a winger for a side that's been hot and cold for the last 12 months - they have been erratic.

I think the sensible play is to obviously got Turbo. But if you think the few rounds that the Dogs put together in the middle of 2022 with Burton hitting a purple patch can be repeated with Kikau and Mahoney at the club and TPJ set to return - then I think it could potentially be a risk worth taking.

I've never had a good start to a season (atleast not top 1k like I am now!) and love taking risks so I think I'm leaning towards Kiraz here. Worst case scenario - he averages around 35-40 for a month while Turbo kills it. This would really suck.
    But I think the potential for Kiraz to go around 45-50 while Turbo averages around 50. Or the Dogs hitting a purple patch while Turbo has an injury (not hoping for this obviously). Or even if their averages have a 2-4 point gap rather than 10 and Kiraz to gun it during the Origin period while Tom is away.

A lot of scenarios where owning Kiraz at 2% v Turbo at 30+ % could pay off.

PS. I know this is a poorly worded version of Matt's pro Kiraz posts earlier haha but I do love the variety of opinions on here!

PPS. Anyone got another PODish WFB/HLF/HOK option? I'm leaning towards Starling and Kiraz atm.

Just my 2c for what it's worth;
    I would say selecting based on low ownership is generally a low percentage play at this point in the game.

As you said; Turbo is the sensible play. This is because it is the higher percentage play, you might even suggest it's the correct play - we've seen what we can do, we know the ceiling of his game, he has a critical role and his floor is also good.

You've had a great start.
    In my opinion, you're most likely to catch the people ahead of you by not making as many mistakes as they will (like going too hard too early, e.g. Kiraz) - we will inevitably make mistakes, but it's better to share these this early in the game...

I've also had a good start and believe that the people who will inevitably end up in front of me will come from the tsunami of quality players that I currently have a small points advantage over - these are the people that you can trust are making good high-percentage decisions (e.g. the Turbo's/Teddy's rather than left-field alternatives).

Good processes will win out over good narratives
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:39

SeattleSupersonics wrote:Is anyone trading bmm out?
    I’ve had him for 2 games but he looks like a big mistake

I'm keeping him for now as a reminder of my stupidity and hoping he can get a half decent score soon.. Don't want to spend any cash to upgrade him with my halves needing attention and Lemo on the menu next week.

Would switch him for another basement price cow if there's no one else worth trading next week or so.
    HumanForumMember
    HumanForumMember

Post by HumanForumMember Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:40

Milchcow wrote:

CHATGPT - please compare NRL fantasy players Jacob Kiraz and Tom Trbojevic. Please give your answer in the style of Steve Irwin

Hey mate, I think it's important to remember that we're all human beings here, regardless of what AI we might be using to assist our teams. Accusing easytiger of being an AI without any evidence seems unfair and baseless.

That being said, I understand that sometimes it's difficult to discern whether a comment is coming from a human or an AI. However, I believe that we should focus on the content of the comments and whether they contribute positively to the discussion at hand, rather than on the identity of the commenter.

Let's keep the conversation respectful and focused on NRL fantasy. After all, that's why we're all here, right?
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:41

No Worries wrote:Who's Kiraz ?

You mean who cares? Suspect jocolor
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:46

easytiger wrote:

Just my 2c for what it's worth;
    I would say selecting based on low ownership is generally a low percentage play at this point in the game.

As you said; Turbo is the sensible play. This is because it is the higher percentage play, you might even suggest it's the correct play - we've seen what we can do, we know the ceiling of his game, he has a critical role and his floor is also good.

You've had a great start.
    In my opinion, you're most likely to catch the people ahead of you by not making as many mistakes as they will (like going too hard too early, e.g. Kiraz) - we will inevitably make mistakes, but it's better to share these this early in the game...

I've also had a good start and believe that the people who will inevitably end up in front of me will come from the tsunami of quality players that I currently have a small points advantage over - these are the people that you can trust are making good high-percentage decisions (e.g. the Turbo's/Teddy's rather than left-field alternatives).

Good processes will win out over good narratives

Yep all this and wingers are wingers are wingers etc. Kiraz got a 20 something floor but he can get that too often just game not going his way but he's whopping $666k
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:47

I also don't think its worth looking at ownership for making decisions

When more than 15% of people are captaining players on the bye or injured, and another 15% don't have a captain at all, I am not sure what info you want to gain from comp wide percentages anyway

Looking at ownership amongst the top 100/1000 whatever has slightly more value. But this early in the season its just going to tell you who the highest scoring players are, rather than anything else too meaningful
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:50

Only 12 of the top 100 teams have Cleary What a Face

Could be a good POD Razz

Last edited by Antipodean1 on Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:52; edited 1 time in total
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:50

Loomer wrote:

Yep all this and wingers are wingers are wingers etc. Kiraz got a 20 something floor but he can get that too often just game not going his way but he's whopping $666k

You should try watching him play, had something crazy like 28 hit ups last week. Gets TBs, OFs with 200+ running meters, without the ball going to him on attack.
    multiple.scoregasms
    multiple.scoregasms

Post by multiple.scoregasms Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:51

Dttragic2016 wrote:
    PPS. Anyone got another PODish WFB/HLF/HOK option? I'm leaning towards Starling and Kiraz atm.

The best option is and always will be trading in the player you think will score the most points regardless of how many teams they are in
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:54

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

The best option is and always will be trading in the player you think will score the most points regardless of how many teams they are in

So Tommy it is then!

(Disclosure: I am not bringing in Tommy)
    Moanaman
    Moanaman

Post by Moanaman Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 16:57

HumanForumMember wrote:

G'day mate, Kiraz v Turbo - it's a real head-scratcher, isn't it? Turbo's a dead-set legend, no doubt about it. But fair dinkum, Kiraz could be the dark horse here. He's got some ripper stats when it comes to run metres, tackle breaks, and offloads. And with Kikau and Mahoney joining the Dogs, who knows what kind of footy they'll play. Could be bonza!

But if you're keen to look at some other options, have a squiz at Starling and Garrick. They could be bloody good PODish picks to start the season. Starling will get some decent minutes under his belt, and Garrick's been known to put up some big scores. So what do you reckon, cobber? Are you going to back Turbo, or take a bit of a punt on Kiraz or one of these other options?

Very disappointed in the lack of Chur Bro, Cuz, and Choice in your programming. 0/10 for not being inclusive
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 17:00

It amazes me how much we tend to complicate this game. Surely hunting out the POD that 'might' outscore a known gun is fraught with danger.

As good as Kiraz looks, he does not have the pedigree of Teddy.

Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 17:03

Antipodean1 wrote:It amazes me how much we tend to complicate this game. Surely hunting out the POD that 'might' outscore a known gun is fraught with danger.

As good as Kiraz looks, he does not have the pedigree of Teddy.

First time I've started with Teddy. Looking forward to that pedigree shining on through.

Post by Guest Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 17:03

Moanaman wrote:

Very disappointed in the lack of Chur Bro, Cuz, and Choice in your programming. 0/10 for not being inclusive

The commentator mentioned in the Memphis Grizzlies game this morning that the game was being live streamed to NZ, so he said “G’day Mate” to all the Kiwis watching lol!
    quicksand
    quicksand

Post by quicksand Tue 21 Mar 2023 - 17:04

Reklaw wrote:

I don't think I was clear when I started that discussion. I am aware of how the website works, I just wanted a shitty way to display it in my own spreadsheet of players, I have a very ghetto formula that is close enough.

Does this help ?
    From about 14 years ago but the sums should be the same !

Magic Number
    current price - ( last price X 0.75 ) divided by ( 3 round ave X 0.25 )

Break Even Score
    ( - (MN/3) X (2nd last score) – (MN/3) X ( Last Score ) + current price / ( MN/3)

Current date/time is Tue 7 May 2024 - 21:41