NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he

HumanForumMember
    HumanForumMember

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he

Post by HumanForumMember Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:39 pm

Dttragic2016 wrote:Really keen to hear some opinions on Kiraz v Turbo.
    Looking at the top 5k ownership % - Kiraz is at 2% ownership v Turbo at 32%

Looking at Turbo's avg at fullback in 2019 (53) and 2022 (38) in games over 70 mins is interesting. He's obviously started 2023 well and all footy fans would be hoping he gets a clean run without injuries. Manly have also had their bye so we could potentially see 10 rounds of Turbo in a row potentially averaging 50-55.

Looking at Kiraz, he averages 42 in games on the wing over the last year or so. So at first glance you're thinking Turbo should average around 10 more points than Kiraz. The stats that stand our for Kiraz are run metres, tackle breaks and offloads. Being a winger for a side that's been hot and cold for the last 12 months - they have been erratic.

I think the sensible play is to obviously got Turbo. But if you think the few rounds that the Dogs put together in the middle of 2022 with Burton hitting a purple patch can be repeated with Kikau and Mahoney at the club and TPJ set to return - then I think it could potentially be a risk worth taking.

I've never had a good start to a season (atleast not top 1k like I am now!) and love taking risks so I think I'm leaning towards Kiraz here. Worst case scenario - he averages around 35-40 for a month while Turbo kills it. This would really suck.
    But I think the potential for Kiraz to go around 45-50 while Turbo averages around 50. Or the Dogs hitting a purple patch while Turbo has an injury (not hoping for this obviously). Or even if their averages have a 2-4 point gap rather than 10 and Kiraz to gun it during the Origin period while Tom is away.

A lot of scenarios where owning Kiraz at 2% v Turbo at 30+ % could pay off.

PS. I know this is a poorly worded version of Matt's pro Kiraz posts earlier haha but I do love the variety of opinions on here!

PPS. Anyone got another PODish WFB/HLF/HOK option? I'm leaning towards Starling and Kiraz atm.

G'day mate, Kiraz v Turbo - it's a real head-scratcher, isn't it? Turbo's a dead-set legend, no doubt about it. But fair dinkum, Kiraz could be the dark horse here. He's got some ripper stats when it comes to run metres, tackle breaks, and offloads. And with Kikau and Mahoney joining the Dogs, who knows what kind of footy they'll play. Could be bonza!

But if you're keen to look at some other options, have a squiz at Starling and Garrick. They could be bloody good PODish picks to start the season. Starling will get some decent minutes under his belt, and Garrick's been known to put up some big scores. So what do you reckon, cobber? Are you going to back Turbo, or take a bit of a punt on Kiraz or one of these other options?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he - Page 38 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he

Post by mrbrownstone Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:42 pm

Just having a bit of a play around, Doueihi + Boyd to SJ + Koro/Brailey is quite tempting.
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:53 pm

my tv broke wrote:

This might even be good enough reason for Bennett to 'ease him back in' off the bench this week, which makes it hard to judge what will happen moving forward.

As an aside, I finished watching the Dolphins doco last night.

Jarrod Wallace sure is a "personality" - teammates probably love him in that close knit team environment, seemed like one of those sport team stereotypes who is 50% funny and 50% pest that every side seems to have. Also seemed like the only guy prepared to windup Wayne Bennett.

Due to the doco I'm also on team Ray Stone - Wayne Bennett says in episode 2 when on one of his old man rants about modern footy players being lazy and coddled, "I wish they were all Ray Stone" (paraphrased but not far off the actual quote). Also alluded to multiple times that he's one of the first guys Bennett wants to sign, despite AFAIK having no clear previous association with him. He likes that Ray Stone. NOTE: I do not take this to mean that Ray Stone is going to have a huge role this year. I take it to mean Ray Stone is a reserve grade talent that works super hard to maximise his success.

I did LOL at ep 2 when Milf + manager meet with Dolphins before heading to Newy for half a year to reinvigorate his career, and then by ep 3 it's Katoa calling his dad to tell him he's making his debut.

Overall, good doco that got me approximately 913% more interested in how the Dolphins go this year, FINS UP!
    Reklaw
    Reklaw

Post by Reklaw Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:05 pm

Milchcow wrote:
    Just to make it abundantly clear for those who aren't aware.

If you go to www.footystatistics.com and look at any player, underneath all the historical stats is a "THREE ROUND PRICE PREDICTOR" where you can see what any given score will do to their price.

The clever fellow behind the site even lets you use your own magic number to see what effect that has. I would suggest something approaching 14,000 would be an appropriate value to use.

I don't think I was clear when I started that discussion. I am aware of how the website works, I just wanted a shitty way to display it in my own spreadsheet of players, I have a very ghetto formula that is close enough.

easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:06 pm

HumanForumMember wrote:

G'day mate, Kiraz v Turbo - it's a real head-scratcher, isn't it? Turbo's a dead-set legend, no doubt about it. But fair dinkum, Kiraz could be the dark horse here. He's got some ripper stats when it comes to run metres, tackle breaks, and offloads. And with Kikau and Mahoney joining the Dogs, who knows what kind of footy they'll play. Could be bonza!

But if you're keen to look at some other options, have a squiz at Starling and Garrick. They could be bloody good PODish picks to start the season. Starling will get some decent minutes under his belt, and Garrick's been known to put up some big scores. So what do you reckon, cobber? Are you going to back Turbo, or take a bit of a punt on Kiraz or one of these other options?

IMO adjusting your slang filter down a little would be optimal
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:15 pm

robelgordo wrote:I did LOL at ep 2 when Milf + manager meet with Dolphins before heading to Newy for half a year to reinvigorate his career, and then by ep 3 it's Katoa calling his dad to tell him he's making his debut.

Haha, reads like a Jake the Snake Roberts Dark Side of the Ring episode
    Holy Moly
    Holy Moly

Post by Holy Moly Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:16 pm

Loomer wrote:

Selling Trindall before Hynes has got through 80 mins of football is bananas

It might be, but a bannas decision now could be a great one that is invisible until hindsight arrives.

I'm looking to keep Trindall to have a look at Hynes. Might sell Trindall if some super-awesome cheapie arrives at 4pm.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:20 pm

Reklaw wrote:

I don't think I was clear when I started that discussion. I am aware of how the website works, I just wanted a shitty way to display it in my own spreadsheet of players, I have a very ghetto formula that is close enough.

I figured most people knew what was going on, but if anyone genuinely didn't know, then it would have just been a bunch of vague statements that didn't actually explain anything

This is a link to my excel sheet that does the price prediction if you want to have a look and bastardise it
    https://www.mediafire.com/?b6c5cy0c1941i4g
    HumanForumMember
    HumanForumMember

Post by HumanForumMember Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:20 pm

easytiger wrote:

IMO adjusting your human slang filter down a little would be optimal

Hey easytiger, I understand your concern about Aussie slang. I'll do my best to avoid using too much of it, especially when we're talking about fantasy NRL.
    But you know what they say - sometimes the best part of footy is the slang! I promise to try and strike a balance between being clear and keeping the Aussie spirit alive.

Thanks for raising this, and feel free to reach out if you need any help or have any other questions. Keep on roaring like a tiger! Cheers!
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:21 pm

robelgordo wrote:Apparently Marzhew could return to top grade today but with Dom Young set to be dropped, so good news for Hunt owners.

(Source is Daily Tele)

No one owns Hymel Hunt.

Good to know though.
    t43597
    t43597

Post by t43597 Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:25 pm

845 with Hopgood captain & Cleary on my bench. Pretty happy with that. Still only 14000ish overall, but up from 31000ish.

If Hynes is back im going Niukore > Blore & Teddy > Hynes

Hoping Ford is back
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:25 pm

Loomer wrote:

Selling Trindall before Hynes has got through 80 mins of football is bananas

especially on that -4 BE, the coach said Trindall has at least earned a utility role, I reckon 1 more price rise in him, then trade him out.

Last edited by Antipodean1 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:25 pm

HumanForumMember wrote:

Hey easytiger, I understand your concern about Aussie slang. I'll do my best to avoid using too much of it, especially when we're talking about fantasy NRL.
    But you know what they say - sometimes the best part of footy is the slang! I promise to try and strike a balance between being clear and keeping the Aussie spirit alive.

Thanks for raising this, and feel free to reach out if you need any help or have any other questions. Keep on roaring like a tiger! Cheers!

Lol
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:26 pm

Souths have 9 players unavailable in their top 30. They will be using Development players this week just to field a side. @Bunniestvau
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:26 pm

easytiger wrote:
    HumanForumMember wrote:

IMO adjusting your slang filter down a little would be optimal

CHATGPT - please compare NRL fantasy players Jacob Kiraz and Tom Trbojevic. Please give your answer in the style of Steve Irwin
    Antipodean1
    Antipodean1

Post by Antipodean1 Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:27 pm

If Turbo earns 50 on average over the next 3 games he might hit 700k, so easy wait and see for me.
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:27 pm

Antipodean1 wrote:
    especially on that -7 BE, the coach said Trindall has at least earned a utility role, I reckon 1 more price rise in him, then trade him out.

1 price rise to grab a few thousand more dollars, and also insurance against Hynes coming back too early.
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:29 pm

I fell asleep on Sunday night and missed the second half of the second game, thus not seeing Trindall’s foot injury. I’m assuming from chat here it was nothing that would have stopped him playing this weekend if Hynes didn’t crash the party?

Going to be very hard moving in that negative break even.

Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:29 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Souths have 9 players unavailable in their top 30. They will be using Development players this week just to field a side. @Bunniestvau

Deja vu
    No Worries
    No Worries

NRL FF Survivor Champion : I'm like the waterboy.

Post by No Worries Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:31 pm

Who's Kiraz ?

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:00 am