NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he

SaveTheCheerleader
    SaveTheCheerleader

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he

Post by SaveTheCheerleader Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:36 pm

I really can't believe what a dud cheese was. Why do I do it to myself.
    superbucks
    superbucks

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he - Page 27 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 19 - Doueihi or Don't he

Post by superbucks Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:37 pm

Loomer wrote:

More edges so far off what my team needs right now

In general, do you think he's someone who averages closer to 50, or closer to 40?
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:37 pm

superbucks wrote:Sam Walker is worth a look from here on. Averaged just under 50 in his last 9 in 2022 and picked up his floor scoring from his debut year.

Probably not too much value at 675k and there are other cheaper options, e.g., Fogarty at 646k.

Not keen on Walker but Fogarty isn't a bad shout
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:42 pm

superbucks wrote:

In general, do you think he's someone who averages closer to 50, or closer to 40?

I think I'd pay the extra 50k and bank on Katoa being a keeper. Priced around 40 now, so expecting a ~50 average. Garner's a bit unknown, I'm not sure how safe he is.

I'm looking to penny pinch with MCK or Carty. Possibly both if FKaufusi escapes suspension and I swerve from Lemuelu.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:43 pm

SaveTheCheerleader wrote:I really can't believe what a dud cheese was. Why do I do it to myself.
    I didn’t like him and let the group think push me. Now I don’t want to cut and run and I’m not sure which is dumber
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:45 pm

Krump wrote:
    I didn’t like him and let the group think push me. Now I don’t want to cut and run and I’m not sure which is dumber
    The latter.

It's wise to go with the heard, for safety.

Right now the herd is running from a lion and you might just be standing still.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:50 pm

He’s priced mid 30’s now right? If he’d he’d started like this when nobody had him we’d all be waiting for him to bottom out so that we could bring him in. The same years of data that lured us all in still apply to a player who’s been injured and only played 3 games in a new system. I’m holding
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:52 pm

Krump wrote:He’s priced mid 30’s now right? If he’d he’d started like this when nobody had him we’d all be waiting for him to bottom out so that we could bring him in. The same years of data that lured us all in still apply to a player who’s been injured and only played 3 games in a new system. I’m holding

If they had a full compliment of mids I’d like it more, but with Turpin looming I’m less of a fan

That said they did get JWH and radley back last week

Just don’t think he’ll ever be a big minute hooker
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:03 pm

Blain wrote:I have few guys I'm thinking about this week;

Leo Thompson - I'm short a mid, this guy is a machine and the Knights are so short for the next month he should be locked for good minutes. A good bench guy who should make some decent coin.

Turbo - Best bang for buck gun IMO. I'm pretty stacked in back though.. But I don't want to rely on Sloan too much (back to back 40's though, I'm not complaining).

Schuster - I'm short a half with Trindell likely gone. Pretty lack luster fantasy score, but could be a perfect looper/half back up while he builds his season, and could be a keeper or perfect guy to have in EMG.

Burton - Another good bang for buck (semi) gun.

I'm feeling trigger happy on Butcher, he doesn't look great and isn't scoring well. He'll probably turn around, but I am stacked with edges and there is cash to be made elsewhere.

Next trade option is either Trindell or Doorey. Do we know much about his injury? He doesn't seem fantasy made anyway, and with Matterson then Lane returning, he's probably about done anyway.

I have a chunk of cash, so my options are;

Doorey + Trindell -> Thompson and Schuster (This gives me a super deep roster, with Preston, Schuster, Carty and Butcher fighting for the last 2 spots on the bench. Too sideways maybe?)

Doorey + Butcher -> Turbo and Thompson (I can afford to keep Trindell for a week, save/make money with Thompson over Butcher for similar output, then get Turbo in as a gun WFB and have Sloan as a loop guy)

Thinking the last option makes my team the better on paper.
    I like the last option out of the two - but not sold on Leo Thompson myself.

Probably coz he’s burned me before haha.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:03 pm

I’m looking to keep building on my momentum and put pressure on the front of the pack by making some (possibly unnecessary) trades. Means I hold onto BMM, Warbrick and Doorey in my Emergency but tossing up the following options.

Doueihi + Tricky —> Cleary + Sloan
    Or
    Doueihi + Difita (ahead of his upcoming bye) —> Cleary + Turbo

Not keen on trading Tricky with such a low BE, nor Fifita while he’s still performing but need to strengthen my back 3 and Cleary seems the easy upgrade with the Tigers and Doueihi issues..

(Third option is Doueihi and Doorey for Cleary and a basement level player, while rolling with Warbrick again)
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:04 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

If they had a full compliment of mids I’d like it more, but with Turpin looming I’m less of a fan

That said they did get JWH and radley back last week

Just don’t think he’ll ever be a big minute hooker
    He wasn’t ever gonna be a big minute hooker. Turpin and those missing mids were there rd 1 as well. Not trying to talk anyone out of anything but I’m sticking
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:04 pm

superbucks wrote:Is Garner on anyone's radar? Score 63 with 9TB's from 66mins in rd2. Thinking to take him as an alternative to Katoa for 50k less.
    Still needs a 3rd date to prove it wasn’t a fluke, and Rd 1 wasn’t the real norm.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:07 pm

GreenSchist wrote:I’m looking to keep building on my momentum and put pressure on the front of the pack by making some (possibly unnecessary) trades. Means I hold onto BMM, Warbrick and Doorey in my Emergency but tossing up the following options.

Doueihi + Tricky —> Cleary + Sloan
    Or
    Doueihi + Difita (ahead of his upcoming bye) —> Cleary + Turbo

Not keen on trading Tricky with such a low BE, nor Fifita while he’s still performing but need to strengthen my back 3 and Cleary seems the easy upgrade with the Tigers and Doueihi issues..

(Third option is Doueihi and Doorey for Cleary and a basement level player, while rolling with Warbrick again)

I really like it, turbo will never be this cheap, and for fifita edge is coverable, plus add in the bye round,

No team is ever disadvantaged by putting in cleary and turbo
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

I really like it, turbo will never be this cheap, and for fifita edge is coverable, plus add in the bye round,

No team is ever disadvantaged by putting in cleary and turbo

Appreciate the feedback. While you are spot on, my team may be disadvantaged by having to play IKat or BMM as my 17th man haha
    Having a team that heavy in Origin players may (will) also come back to bite me.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:20 pm

Can someone who watched the Dragons game please explain the low BMM minutes to me?
    Coaches rotation decision or was there an injury/HIA?
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:22 pm

Currently thinking of
    Loiero -sj
    Doorey - Sloan

But that's leaves me broke. Trying to figure a way out how to bring in cleary and hynes without weakening my overall team.

Before trades

Grant
    Harris carrigan Haas
    Fifita hopgood
    Boyd trindall
    Hymel Alamoti
    Teddy Walsh warbrick

Katao uto loiero Preston

Ford katoa bmm doorey

Not starting with carry and mck has really fucked my cash making
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:22 pm

Krump wrote:
    He wasn’t ever gonna be a big minute hooker. Turpin and those missing mids were there rd 1 as well. Not trying to talk anyone out of anything but I’m sticking

Why would he never be a big minute hooker? Thats what they bought him for.

Sure it wont be the case early rounds but Robinson said this.

Turpin sucks and offers literally nothing other than tackles. His mins already being cut back. If they ever get near full strength he wont be in the side

Smith is probably never a Cook/mahoney type hooker that makes 50+ tackles a game though. He'll need attacking stats to get near 50s

Last edited by my tv broke on Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:28 pm; edited 4 times in total
    manlybeaver
    manlybeaver

Post by manlybeaver Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:23 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Can someone who watched the Dragons game please explain the low BMM minutes to me?
    He did catch a hia just before the half from memory
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:24 pm

GreenSchist wrote:Can someone who watched the Dragons game please explain the low BMM minutes to me?
    BMM HIA in the 23rd minute. Came back on just before half time. Then was subbed off 10 minutes into second half
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Liverpool_Bulldog
    Fanatic

Post by Liverpool_Bulldog Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:26 pm

Latest trade is Butcher to Turbo. Don’t really want to lose Butcher but kinda hoping Katoa/Preston is a suitable enough combo moving forward

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:36 pm