NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust!

robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust! - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust!

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:36 am

Aardvark wrote:

Yeah based on how its gone so far, I think it's tempting fate to have 3 possible non starters after only one game played this round.

This is good point. For me, Cheese has to go so I don't have too many future trades to manage and can field 17s over the next couple. As well as the ribs, high BE, etc.

Think I'll go BMM. Theoretically frees up cash for an upgrade at some point, and hopefully he can plod to 400-450k
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust! - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust!

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:36 am

robelgordo wrote:

Not the last one, although wouldn't say no. (my answer for that one would be D by the way. A if I was 25 instead of 40)

It's for hold/buy, and play at times (in the case of Cheese you'd hope he comes out of the bye with healed ribs and is playable all the time)

Leaning BMM for cash reserve reasons. Just not inspired by a chonky edge that doesn't have the stamina to play 80

That is so true

Not B or C IMO

There's an argument for Cheese, if your team is set up in a way where you can ride it out and wait for the (inevitable?) bounce back.

D seems the safest. If last week is a bad as it gets, then it's easy money so long as he holds the role.

Might be a few jumping on next week if Doorey is 3+ weeks
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:38 am

robelgordo wrote:Which mid?
    A. Cheese
    B. Uto
    C. Leo
    D. BMM
    E. other

Feel there is no correct answer to this multiple choice question, but strong opinions appreciated

Jeez.....I keep looking up and down that list and still got nothing.  Maybe BMM as he's dirt cheap and looks to have a secure role and hopefully should increase his fantasy output.

I don't like Leo at all, still a trap.  Uto I have but wouldn't bring him in now at his price and Cheese is a roulette.

Last edited by wolfking on Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:38 am

robelgordo wrote:

This is good point. For me, Cheese has to go so I don't have too many future trades to manage and can field 17s over the next couple. As well as the ribs, high BE, etc.

Think I'll go BMM. Theoretically frees up cash for an upgrade at some point, and hopefully he can plod to 400-450k

Yeah that was my rationale as well, and same trade so leaves me $200k to fix stuff next week and beyond
    HumanForumMember
    HumanForumMember

Post by HumanForumMember Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:39 am

Snatchpato wrote:
    NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 17 - Everybody I captain is a bust! - Page 5 Giphy

That Mark Zuckerberg GIF you posted is spot on! Love how it captures the moment perfectly. I have to admit, I'm impressed by how Zuckerberg handled that situation. He's a real pro! Anyways, thanks for sharing and it's great to see some humor in here!
    robelgordo
    robelgordo
    Fanatic

Post by robelgordo Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:40 am

easytiger wrote:

That is so true

Not B or C IMO

There's an argument for Cheese, if your team is set up in a way where you can ride it out and wait for the (inevitable?) bounce back.

D seems the safest. If last week is a bad as it gets, then it's easy money so long as he holds the role.

Might be a few jumping on next week if Doorey is 3+ weeks

As it's turns out the answer is D for all the original questions!

Thanks all for the chat
    BBowler
    BBowler

Post by BBowler Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:40 am

A. Cheese
    B. Uto
    C. Leo
    D. BMM
    E. other

Feel there is no correct answer to this multiple choice question, but strong opinions appreciated

Nicholls?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:42 am

A. Cheese
    B. Uto
    C. Leo
    D. BMM
    E. other

E: Ford
    I'm looking at a potential Trindall to Ford trade in the next fortnight
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:42 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Too early to say it's a trend... both teams coming off the byes this year have won.  

Eels played Many coming off a bye last night, and next play Panthers and Roosters who will also both be coming off byes.  

So is the trend that the bye is good for teams? or is the trend that Parra just suck?
    Mando
    Mando

Post by Mando Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:43 am

Genderbender wrote:

Good news but wasn’t concerned on that one, felt like it was a bit blown up. The Doohickey one is the concerning one. Could be wrong but it feels like it’s a lot of smoke and mirrors at the tigers.
    On that note I’ve got to credit the sharks as well, been no bullshit with having Hynes sitting at 19/20 each week in the team lists, great for fantasy coaches.

David Riccio on sen radio this morning:

“It’s all eyes on the Wests Tigers,” added Riccio.

“Where’s the response going to come from?

“I can tell you that Adam Doeuihi is out (with) bone bruising in his foot.

“If he’s out, it’d be a major blow for the Tigers.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:43 am

BBowler wrote:

Nicholls?

Yeah he's a good shout, may just be able to squeeze out 150k if you pick him up next round
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:44 am

Mando wrote:

Thanks Mando
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:46 am

Captain percentages for this round, for teams inside the top 20000 (at end of round 2).

J'maine Hopgood 51.93%
    Harry Grant 16.90%
    Daly Cherry-Evans 5.08%
    Cameron Murray 4.20%
    Nathan Cleary 3.74%
    Payne Haas 3.11%
    Patrick Carrigan 1.90%
    Tohu Harris 1.63%
    Mitchell Moses 1.46%
    Brandon Smith 1.38%
    Damien Cook 0.89%
    Reed Mahoney 0.86%
    Latrell Mitchell 0.76%

So i guess nearly 800 teams inside the top 20000 either gave up/forgot already re Cleary (C).. teams with all Panthers/Eels probably.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:46 am

Jumping Marlin wrote:Too early to say it's a trend... both teams coming off the byes this year have won.  

Eels played Many coming off a bye last night, and next play Panthers and Roosters who will also both be coming off byes.  

It's also probably too early to say it's a trend, but teams playing the Tigers, Eels and Raiders have won.

Before anyone says otherwise, it's much too early to say.... the Tigers could win a game at some point

In all seriousness, anecdotally it feels like teams on short (5 day?) turnarounds have been more vulnerable to losing, so makes sense a break might give you a little better preparation?

PS> Tigers for the 8.
    I am an optimist okay?
    I may also have Stockholm Syndrome from being held hostage over the last decade
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:47 am

Mando wrote:

"I can tell you he's out.."

"If he's out, it would be.."

huh?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:48 am

Mando wrote:

Even that reads as wishywashy lol!
    I can tell you he’s out….
    If he’s out….
    Sorry is that just confirming the smoke and mirrors or am I reading that wrong?
    By the way congrats on the cleansing, I’m glad you’ve now bathed in the waters and redeemed yourself….. this is the way.
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:49 am

my tv broke wrote:So i guess nearly 800 teams inside the top 20000 either gave up/forgot already re Cleary (C).. teams with all Panthers/Eels probably.

Could some of those teams have captained the guy they traded out Cleary for? eg. Cook, Haas
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:51 am

Genderbender wrote:

Even that reads as wishywashy lol!
    I can tell you he’s out….
    If he’s out….
    Sorry is that just confirming the smoke and mirrors or am I reading that wrong?
    By the way congrats on the cleansing, I’m glad you’ve now bathed in the waters and redeemed yourself….. this is the way.

Just how big is this body of water???
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:54 am

WT Winfield wrote:

Could some of those teams have captained the guy they traded out Cleary for? eg. Cook, Haas

Good point - iirc the captain 'position' is locked on at start of round, so if so it would have to be another half. As DCE (and Moses) have already played then it can't be them (just ran the script), so probably pretty accurate those numbers for Cleary(C). Or maybe it isn't i can't actually remember.

Last edited by my tv broke on Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    SoylentGreen
    SoylentGreen

Post by SoylentGreen Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:54 am

easytiger wrote:

It's also probably too early to say it's a trend, but teams playing the Tigers, Eels and Raiders have won.

Before anyone says otherwise, it's much too early to say.... the Tigers could win a game at some point

In all seriousness, anecdotally it feels like teams on short (5 day?) turnarounds have been more vulnerable to losing, so makes sense a break might give you a little better preparation?

PS> Tigers for the 8.
    I am an optimist okay?
    I may also have Stockholm Syndrome from being held hostage over the last decade

Are you forgetting that not a bottom 8 any more, but a bottom 9?

Because surely you're not suggesting the tigers make the TOP 8?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:48 pm