NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 13 - Reece Walsh, Future Immortal

WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 13 - Reece Walsh, Future Immortal - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 13 - Reece Walsh, Future Immortal

Post by WT Winfield Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:55 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Most fullbacks rely on attacking stats though.

I don't think he's an automatic no brainer pick or anything, like perhaps was being made out last night, but definitely a great WFB option and I think people's WFB's are looking a bit shite.

Priced around 40, I think he's very safe to meet that with high 40s average by the end of the year a very real possibility.

Yeah I've seen a few WFBs comprising of some combo of Warbrick/Miller/CNK/Meaney/TMM, so Walsh would be high on the radar.

I made the possibly dumb move of loading up with Teddy, Trbo and Miller. Hopefully the guns can rack one up between these byes and not be taken on the cheap.
    BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 13 - Reece Walsh, Future Immortal - Page 8 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 13 - Reece Walsh, Future Immortal

Post by BCT05 Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:56 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Have u already made another trade ?

Id go Ford still. And play Warbrick.

Yeah good ol Garner to Carty party already done.

I like Ford, it's the real unknown about his JS that is messing with me.

Warbrick could certainly go well against the Dogs, you might be right. Choosing the fullback over winger might not apply when the fullback is Sloan

EJ24
    EJ24

Post by EJ24 Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:56 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I haven't seen the game yet, but are people actually considering trading Walsh in, or all just a bit of fun?

Needed a try, TA, TS, 3x LBA, OFH, and 3x TB just to get 54. 34 points in attacking stats. I'd expect a 70-80 type score minimum with those numbers.

Obviously he'll have games with bulk attacking stats, but not sure there's much to suggest he won't also have plenty of 20s & 30s to balance that out when the attacking stats don't come.

In other words not sure we really learned anything new about Walsh, we all knew he's capable of big attacking games.

You had to have watched the game. Passed the eye test with flying colours. His points didn't come from lucky stuff, he was everywhere. Looked fast and sharp.

But yeah, his base stats weren't great.
    Pookus McFly
    Pookus McFly

Post by Pookus McFly Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:56 pm

Snatchpato wrote:I hope all your players do really well today Pookus xo

Naw thanks Snatch Love
    I hope YOU do really well today.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:07 pm

multiple.scoregasms wrote:

Immortal tier.

Knew I'd miss someone. He sits in tier 3 for now but probably 2 by end of season. Shown plenty of stuff in attack but really looking to see the step up in defense and positioning

Tier 2 by the end of the season sounds reasonable, he's a great player to watch
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:08 pm

AL wrote:

Not sure why I've been dragged into this......is it because I called out your humble brag earlier?

Would never question Ur wit and knowledge, plus oozing good looks. Keep the bastards honest !
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:09 pm

BCT05 wrote:

Most fullbacks rely on attacking stats though.

I don't think he's an automatic no brainer pick or anything, like perhaps was being made out last night, but definitely a great WFB option and I think people's WFB's are looking a bit shite.

Priced around 40, I think he's very safe to meet that with high 40s average by the end of the year a very real possibility.

Yeah of course, but the difference is when Teddy, Latrell et al get those big attacking games they really cash in and go 80+ to balance out the inevitable 20s and 30s. That's how you get the 50+ gun average.

If Walsh's 'big' games are only 50s and 60s (his all time ceiling as a starting FB is 66) and he still has the inevitable low games that all WFBs have then I don't see how he averages too much more than ~45 i.e. not enough value at his current price point.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:09 pm

Snatchpato wrote:I hope all your players do really well today Pookus xo

Pookus McFly wrote:

Naw thanks Snatch Love  
    I hope YOU do really well today.

Bromance! Love Cheers
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:09 pm

Pookus McFly wrote:

Word around the shire was that you were training the house down in preseason. Yourself, Aardvark and Rhinoceroo all bagged me the maximum 20 points. Maybe Fantasy Fantasy is actually my calling, lord knows it isn’t normal NRLFantasy.

I'll trade u in as soon as I can on the back of this.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:10 pm

Drinkwater 3 matches with an early guilty plea.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:11 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:I haven't seen the game yet, but are people actually considering trading Walsh in, or all just a bit of fun?

Needed a try, TA, TS, 3x LBA, OFH, and 3x TB just to get 54. 34 points in attacking stats. I'd expect a 70-80 type score minimum with those numbers.

Obviously he'll have games with bulk attacking stats, but not sure there's much to suggest he won't also have plenty of 20s & 30s to balance that out when the attacking stats don't come.

In other words not sure we really learned anything new about Walsh, we all knew he's capable of big attacking games.

Watching the game will answer the question. The surprise was his score wasn’t higher. He was electric and was the fullback we haven’t had for a long time.

His style will no doubt bring some low scores, but he was heavily involved and exciting to watch.

The first few questions in the post match presser mentioned D. Lockyer and G. Inglis……..over the top dribble by the journalists but shows how instrumental he was. Kevvie was about to spoof his load too then realized he needed to calm the farm.

Last edited by AL on Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:11 pm

wolfking wrote:Drinkwater 3 matches with an early guilty plea.

Another million baby rabbits were just born
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:13 pm

Revraiser wrote:

First paragraph - Ur words not mine.

2nd paragraph - yeah I'm out to get you, I've hardly slept.

Lord give me strength.

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 13 - Reece Walsh, Future Immortal - Page 8 Giphy
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:15 pm

AL wrote:

Watching the game will answer the question. The surprise was his score wasn’t higher. He was electric and was the fullback we haven’t had for a long time.

His style will no doubt bring some low scores, but he was heavily involved and exciting to watch.

The first few questions in the post match presser mentioned D. Lockyer and G. Inglis……..over the top dribble by the journalists but shows how instrumental he was. Kevvie was about to spoof his load too then realized he needed to calm the farm.

That's well and good, but plenty of really good real life fullbacks don't necessarily translate it into being fantasy guns.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:17 pm

BCT05 wrote:Two decisions to lock in for me today

1. Trade in Ford or BMM. Started the week on Ford, changed to BMM the other day. Having second thoughts...

2. Play Sloan or Warbrick. But I think this has to be the fullback.

For 1 I've landed on Ford, but I'm not 100% confident either. For 2. I reckon Warbrick, no reason, just them gut feels.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:18 pm

wolfking wrote:Drinkwater 3 matches with an early guilty plea.

Nice timing, will be nice and cheap leading into Origin
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:20 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

That's well and good, but plenty of really good real life fullbacks don't necessarily translate it into being fantasy guns.

Didn’t say he would be a fantasy gun…..but I did watch the game……….and it was exciting. He will no doubt have some shockers, but he looked the goods and I can see why people are considering trading him in. I had him pre-season but moved him on when he missed Round 1.
    Not sure I’ll get him in but if any spuds put their hand up this weekend it might happen. As a Bronco fan not sure I want to watch that every week and not have him in my side.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:24 pm

The Dolphin Conspiracies wrote:

I am assuming gender bender is a sanctioned alt? - in any case, Feck this Mando guy - he is new and unfamiliar?

Ever wonder why new people don’t post much or don’t really sign up a lot
    Takes a while to become comfortable posting and can be intimidating to say the right or wrong thing on the chance you upset someone
    Or just because they know some stuff they may have been playing for years and come across from a Facebook,discord,Reddit group.

Being constantly judged because of their username, sign up date or post count doesn’t help (2022 signup and 60 posts)

Got to start somewhere so let’s not scare everyone off, especially the Star Wars fans
    @Stormtrooper and @chewie would agree
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:27 pm

Thanks for everyone for the advice in TU/TD

Ford bet Nicholls 7 v 1 votes so it looks a go

Considered both but 479k seems a lot for a bench player even if he will make good money
    Think I will gamble with BMM at 250k
    Finger Puppet Mafia
    Finger Puppet Mafia

Post by Finger Puppet Mafia Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:32 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:

Yeah of course, but the difference is when Teddy, Latrell et al get those big attacking games they really cash in and go 80+ to balance out the inevitable 20s and 30s. That's how you get the 50+ gun average.

If Walsh's 'big' games are only 50s and 60s (his all time ceiling as a starting FB is 66) and he still has the inevitable low games that all WFBs have then I don't see how he averages too much more than ~45 i.e. not enough value at his current price point.

I don't think you can gauge a 'Walsh big game' until he gets to play some spud teams. So far he scored two 50+ scores against the Cows in a competitive trial match and against them again in the 2nd round. Cows are a top team and a great defensive team, so to me his two 50+ scores in these games are a genuine positive as opposed to a negative. Happy to take that against a top opposition.

On the flip side. I had Turbo last week, where Manly trounced the Dogs, (put a score on them). Dog's defence was terrible and has been terrible for some time. He only scored 40 points, Dogs a definite bottom 8 team. Not too many people mentioned last week that he didn't post a significant score, in a game Manly dominated and attacking stats were being served up on a plate.  Just pointing out logic and ways of justification can be warped depending on who you talk to.

Also, after playing top tier opposition in RND's 1 and 2, Broncs have Dragons, Dolphins, Tigers, Raiders, Titans as next 5.

I am all over Reece even if it means next week trading down Turbo.

Last edited by Finger Puppet Mafia on Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:05 pm