NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Aardvark
    Aardvark

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:44 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Im bringing in Walsh and Carty. What could go wrong

I brought in Walsh mid way through last round, have Trindall and am proposing to bring in Carty but I also have Doorey and Sutton so I'm as balanced as Special K. It's all going to go swimmingly Very Happy
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 5 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:44 pm

my tv broke wrote:

You choose Jed Cartwright?
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:45 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:First time caller, long time listener

Is Christian Welch a good option this year? Haven't really seen him mentioned at all here and seems a pretty safe pick with upside
    Is 50pts 60mins sustainable this year again?
    Depleted pack, hasn't played under the new points for OFH and still averaged close to this in the past?

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 5 111

Welcome

I like Welch as an option. I think the uncertainty coming off a major injury was the main thing that caused people to hold off but if he stays healthy he feels like he’s got a lot of upside
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:47 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:First time caller, long time listener

Is Christian Welch a good option this year? Haven't really seen him mentioned at all here and seems a pretty safe pick with upside
    Is 50pts 60mins sustainable this year again?
    Depleted pack, hasn't played under the new points for OFH and still averaged close to this in the past?

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 5 111

Think it was going to be around 55 mins without extra time.

I started with him so hopefully he can keep the OFH'S coming.

I like the look of this website youve screenshotted
    superbucks
    superbucks

Post by superbucks Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:51 pm

Aardvark wrote:By the looks of things everyone got named everywhere (except Souths) so I'm not sure how much to trust these team lists

I see what this thread title is about.
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:57 pm

my tv broke wrote:

TMM to Walsh is likely for me.
    I’d love Carty after making a late change last week to omit him, but no other forwards I want to get rid of.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:57 pm

Think it's time for good ol TU/TD post in the other thread
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:01 pm

mattnz wrote:

That Bulldogs bench last week played:
    Pele 9 minutes
    Tanner 13
    Waddell 31
    Preston 52  - RFM played MID and Preston played out the match.

Expect more of the same.

How did Preston look to you Matt? I didn't see the game. He obviously didn't score well but the Dogs also sucked I guess, were there at least some promising signs?

I didn't start with him but figured if he got the minutes he'd be an obvious trade in for the price. If he can even average 30 from 50mins he'll be a good cow
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:07 pm

Trades done garner and Brandon smith out

Reece walsh and teig “ton up” Wilton in

Much happier now
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:13 pm

BCT05 wrote:

How did Preston look to you Matt? I didn't see the game. He obviously didn't score well but the Dogs also sucked I guess, were there at least some promising signs?

I didn't start with him but figured if he got the minutes he'd be an obvious trade in for the price. If he can even average 30 from 50mins he'll be a good cow

He came on the field, just before the CTR went off for HIA, so started at CTR, then immediately the half inside him was sin binned for 10 minutes, so was playing out of his usual position on the side that was short on troops, great for both attacking and defending.

Then had a few minutes at his normal position, then Kikau went off, so he was sent to the other side of the field to cover, where he hasnt been training, and had the good fortune to play outside Burton, who had a stellar day for all outside him. Then he somehow ended up at lock for a few minutes, when Kikau returned, then back to the EDG he had been training on.

Couldnt have been worse for him with a lack of consistency in role and combinations. Played out the game, with 52 minutes. If he can get the 50+ minutes on the EDG he has been training on, with the combinations he has been building up that worked so well in trials, he will be just fine.
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:16 pm

Anyone else that does draft not able to change their captains? On mobile, haven’t tried on desktop.

Edit - looking at league settings it has changed to captains off post round 1 scratch
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:27 pm

I'm keeping Cheese for now he's my main hooker. I could do Suaali'i to Thompson and Cheese to Robson or Egan to Tohu
    Goodnight Kiwi
    Goodnight Kiwi

Post by Goodnight Kiwi Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:30 pm

Camo123 wrote:I’m not targeting any CTR this week but is anyone brave enough to go for Mbye with CTR/WFB dual as starting HOK

Rip anyone that punted on Liddle

And this is why you wear the crown. Am sure you've done the numbers but for others. Last year played 48, 50, 52, 60 and 62 mins starting Hooker for 16, 24, 32, 31, 37.

Definitely a wait and see but one to keep an eye on.
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:32 pm

BCT05 wrote:

He looked like a dear in headlights

Over stimulated and over excited like my 6 month old pup.

In saying that I'm sure he will get better
    B/L
    B/L

Post by B/L Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:36 pm

My rule on trading out early in the season.

Do they have the role you expected them to have and was the reason you picked them in the first place and have just scored poorly from a bad game or their team got pumped. HOLD

Do they not have the role you expected and have scored low because they played less minutes or a different position with little prospect of change: TRADE.

Seeing your gun player under score in round 1 and then wanting to trade to another gun who performed well in round on a small sample size is insanity and a good way to burn trades without adding a lot of improvement to your team.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:40 pm

B/L wrote:My rule on trading out early in the season.

Do they have the role you expected them to have and was the reason you picked them in the first place and have just scored poorly from a bad game or their team got pumped. HOLD

Do they not have the role you expected and have scored low because they played less minutes or a different position with little prospect of change: TRADE.

Seeing your gun player under score in round 1 and then wanting to trade to another gun who performed well in round on a small sample size is insanity and a good way to burn trades without adding a lot of improvement to your team.

vinidcated both my trades, merci
    The Dolphin Conspiracies
    The Dolphin Conspiracies

Post by The Dolphin Conspiracies Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:42 pm

What does everyone think of Murdoch Masila? Looks to be excellent value if he maintains a starting role. Is this an unrealistic expectation?
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:42 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:

And this is why you wear the crown. Am sure you've done the numbers but for others. Last year played 48, 50, 52, 60 and 62 mins starting Hooker for 16, 24, 32, 31, 37.

Definitely a wait and see but one to keep an eye on.

Surely a pass, right? Sharing mins with Liddle and Amone to come back in (assuming?).
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:43 pm

B/L wrote:My rule on trading out early in the season.

Sound advice here.

Garner definitely fits the trade template here

TMM on the other hand was a bad selection and doesn't really fit either method, instead with him I am trying to fix a poor mistake early trading him myself
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:44 pm

mattnz wrote:

He came on the field, just before the CTR went off for HIA, so started at CTR, then immediately the half inside him was sin binned for 10 minutes, so was playing out of his usual position on the side that was short on troops, great for both attacking and defending.

Then had a few minutes at his normal position, then Kikau went off, so he was sent to the other side of the field to cover, where he hasnt been training, and had the good fortune to play outside Burton, who had a stellar day for all outside him. Then he somehow ended up at lock for a few minutes, when Kikau returned, then back to the EDG he had been training on.

Couldnt have been worse for him with a lack of consistency in role and combinations. Played out the game, with 52 minutes. If he can get the 50+ minutes on the EDG he has been training on, with the combinations he has been building up that worked so well in trials, he will be just fine.

B/L wrote:

He looked like a dear in headlights

Over stimulated and over excited like my 6 month old pup.

In saying that I'm sure he will get better

Cheers for the replies, wouldn't be surprised if first game jitters played its part a bit but also sounds like a bit of a chaotic game for him and the team in general.

I could go a bit wild and trade Uto to him enabling Garner to Tohu but likely just keep him on the watchlist this week.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:54 pm