NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Weiland
    Weiland

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by Weiland Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:42 pm

Goodnight Kiwi wrote:

Jst posted this one page back mate. Cam also use the search function and see what has been said on a certain player (helpful top for all).

Not bad for his wfb/ctr price but a wait and see. Has Liddle and Amone to contest with too as just mentioned too

If people used the search function, there would be like 3 posts a day.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists - Page 7 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 11 - The case of the mistrusted team lists

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:44 pm

wolfking wrote:Might punt Katoa.  Kid scored like trash in a winning team.  Don't see him being fantasy relevant at all.

Agree with this, his defence will always be suspect so whatever attacking genius he does I reckon he’ll get a few demerits
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:45 pm

WT2K wrote:

All aboard the Wilton Wagon!!
    Cookie Monster
    Cookie Monster

Post by Cookie Monster Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:46 pm

Round 1 Fantasy Fantasy results are in and can be found over here
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:46 pm

GarethEllisismyDad wrote:

Agree with this, his defence will always be suspect so whatever attacking genius he does I reckon he’ll get a few demerits

Katoa might be a hold for 1 week his BE is 28 he should make that
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:47 pm

Yeah good shout with Katoa aye, may aswell jump off now before other cheapies keep increasing in price.

I have 67k ITB which sucks because it would mean I only have 290k to spend if I get rid of Katoa. Who would be the best cheapie to bring in with that budget?

Chee Kam, Shaq, Terrell May, Soni Luke, Sloan, BMM?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:48 pm

Weiland wrote:

If people used the search function, there would be like 3 posts a day.

To be fair the search for 3 letters doesn’t work (only 4 or above) so a lot of players that have initials like CNK, TMM, TPJ won’t ever pop up
    Teeth Eater
    Teeth Eater

Post by Teeth Eater Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:49 pm

wolfking wrote:Might punt Katoa.  Kid scored like trash in a winning team.  Don't see him being fantasy relevant at all.

It would make things easier if I could just punt him too, but I do actually think he'll turn his scoring around. Not into anything great, I don't think, but surely enough to scrape a few dollars together.
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:51 pm

Nrl4Life wrote:

Katoa might be a hold for 1 week his BE is 28 he should make that

He scored 11 last week.
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:53 pm

wolfking wrote:

He scored 11 last week.

And played well
    Daedalus
    Daedalus

Post by Daedalus Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:55 pm

wolfking wrote:

He scored 11 last week.

IKatoa v EKatoa
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:58 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:

I really like the player.

My struggle:
    - maybe 5-8 points of value. Was priced at 45.
    - isn’t a keeper at the position if his score isn’t going 55+
    - can’t see his minutes increasing. The value is more OFH, captain, departure of other senior players.
    - coming back from injury has some risk (but small)

All in all a safe play that will get cash and scores but can’t see him providing enough value/joining the fantasy elite. Poor man’s Carrigan is my comp.

Love the player though.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown, I always like these when I see them.
    Was just a thought while looking at a third middle option to pair with Patrick Carrigan and Payne Haas
    Thought maybe Tohu Harris or Reuben Cotter but can't afford them without trading players sideways which seems silly after one round

This has got me thinking I might stick with my original plan and look at a cheaper option for bench cover and leave J'Maine man Hopgood at middle instead
    Someone like Jackson Ford or Mark Nicholls might be the better option which I put in the TU/TD thread but will trust the forum and make a decision on thursday

Perhaps if they make enough money I can swap one of them for Welch after the Storm bye

Thankyou
    Nrl4Life
    Nrl4Life

Post by Nrl4Life Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:00 pm

wolfking wrote:

He scored 11 last week.

I was talking about EKatoa

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:04 pm

Jazz named for the Warriors NSWcup team
    Chucky
    Chucky

Post by Chucky Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:13 pm

Contrastinghobby wrote:

Thanks for the detailed breakdown, I always like these when I see them.
    Was just a thought while looking at a third middle option to pair with Patrick Carrigan and Payne Haas
    Thought maybe Tohu Harris or Reuben Cotter but can't afford them without trading players sideways which seems silly after one round

This has got me thinking I might stick with my original plan and look at a cheaper option for bench cover and leave J'Maine man Hopgood at middle instead
    Someone like Jackson Ford or Mark Nicholls might be the better option which I put in the TU/TD thread but will trust the forum and make a decision on thursday

Perhaps if they make enough money I can swap one of them for Welch after the Storm bye

Thankyou
    Have you looked at Sutton?
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:16 pm

TLT kind to me with Thompson & Trindall

I am leaning towards pursuing the aggressive option of ditching both BSmith/Butcher for Robson/Ford

Reasons for:
    - Had planned to ditch Butcher R4 if didn’t live up to hype. Was bought as cash cow but rises may have stalled with poor first score + bye coming. Is on indefinite timeline with Crichton which could change at any time
    - BSmith potential rib injury as posted could diminish PPM
    - Poor EMG has me worried about cash gen (Ford) and poor scores with bye fill ins (minimising early byes)
    - Robson + Ford were in preseason team and dropped late. Robson has one of best bye schedules and has added to value with occasional kicking

Reasons against:
    Potential kneejerk and luxury trades
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:22 pm

Camo123 wrote:TLT kind to me with Thompson & Trindall

I am leaning towards pursuing the aggressive option of ditching both BSmith/Butcher for Robson/Ford

Reasons for:
    - Had planned to ditch Butcher R4 if didn’t live up to hype. Was bought as cash cow but rises may have stalled with poor first score + bye coming. Is on indefinite timeline with Crichton which could change at any time
    - BSmith potential rib injury as posted could diminish PPM
    - Poor EMG has me worried about cash gen (Ford) and poor scores with bye fill ins (minimising early byes)
    - Robson + Ford were in preseason team and dropped late. Robson has one of best bye schedules and has added to value with occasional kicking

Reasons against:
    Potential kneejerk and luxury trades

I think Butcher's pretty safe to hold, didn't get injured or anything and was on track for a good score before he got binned.

Cheese can definitely be sold though, I would probably just single trade him to Ford in your case, or do that and sell one of your shitty cheapies up to someone better if you need to.
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:25 pm

Chucky wrote:
    Have you looked at Sutton?

Thankyou, that does look like another good option and feels like a nice slow earner
    He does look like a great performer as I saw some mention him preseason so he will hold down a spot for you nicely for a while

I think I need to see how Brandon Smith matures this week as I could be left with no hooker to play with
    Everyone else seems to have two or three and here I am with my hands in my pockets fumbling around
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:33 pm

Katoa to Carty for me…..can always reverse it (when Carty gets the arse) if the kid gets the cash going and finds his feet a bit. I think he may be one for next year.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:34 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I think Butcher's pretty safe to hold, didn't get injured or anything and was on track for a good score before he got binned.

Cheese can definitely be sold though, I would probably just single trade him to Ford in your case, or do that and sell one of your shitty cheapies up to someone better if you need to.

If only 1 trade I’d just have Boyd as HOK with no cover which would kinda be disastrous

Kenny would be only worthwhile midrange option in trading a cheapie but has bye next week and rotations with Luke could change

Think Robson could be a keep all season as byes are R15 (only Cowboys), R19 (major bye), R24 (only Cowboys)

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:27 am