NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Moanaman
    Moanaman

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 47 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Moanaman Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:19 pm

The things about forums is they attract all sorts of crazy. It's not sensible to read emotion into text as this is your bias of the person who typed it in the first place.

Take a breath, soak up the knowledge and make your own decisions.

That being said,  that MTB guy is a dick! Razz Razz
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 47 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:21 pm

I didn’t watch tigers game, and I’ve never really considered Naden fantasy relevant. Any chance of reproducing his score? Or was it a just one of a few decent games he may play.

Going off historical data there doesn’t seem to be much value. The most he has been valued at is around low 400s, so at $330 doesn’t seem worth it.

But, if he is playing a different role, or just better historical data isn’t as relevant.

Anyone watch the game? Seems like his score is inflated by tbs and a LB.
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:26 pm

The Goat Boys wrote:

That Ruins my Week
    Don’t hold much hope this Thursday with Trell, Tatola, Arrow, Host, Havili, Sele, Knight all out.

Hhhmmm not ideal for you on Trell.
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:29 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:
    Don’t hold much hope this Thursday with Trell, Tatola, Arrow, Host, Havili, Sele, Knight all out.

Hhhmmm not ideal for you on Trell.

Was holding out hope he would be all good, seems like something that might linger around.

Potential Trell to Walsh trade on the cards
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:31 pm

Fortitude wrote:I didn’t watch tigers game, and I’ve never really considered Naden fantasy relevant. Any chance of reproducing his score? Or was it a just one of a few decent games he may play.

Going off historical data there doesn’t seem to be much value. The most he has been valued at is around low 400s, so at $330 doesn’t seem worth it.

But, if he is playing a different role, or just better historical data isn’t as relevant.

Anyone watch the game? Seems like his score is inflated by tbs and a LB.

Couldnt score well in a top Panthers side at CTR, when you look at the other Panther CTRs, he is the anomoly - Crichton, Tago.

Actually, have a look at Naden's 2019 season, which may show what you could expect, admittedly his rookie year, so maybe he has removed the rocks from the diamonds.

Average of 24 with scores of -8 (67 minutes), 5, 6 (with a try in 80 minutes), 12 and 17; but also 62, 46, 46 (2 of those games had 2 tries).
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:38 pm

Junior Amone has been cleared to play via the DT
    Fortitude
    Fortitude

Post by Fortitude Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:42 pm

mattnz wrote:

Couldnt score well in a top Panthers side at CTR, when you look at the other Panther CTRs, he is the anomoly - Crichton, Tago.

Actually, have a look at Naden's 2019 season, which may show what you could expect, admittedly his rookie year, so maybe he has removed the rocks from the diamonds.

Average of 24 with scores of -8 (67 minutes), 5, 6 (with a try in 80 minutes), 12 and 17; but also 62, 46, 46 (2 of those games had 2 tries).

Yeah I guess this goes back to my point, he is at a new club, if you look at historical data you’d say he isn’t worth looking at, but you’re not comparing oranges and oranges.

But, if his role has changed now he is at a new club, it might have been obvious to those who watched.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:44 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:Junior Amone has been cleared to play via the DT

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/news/will-talatau-amone-be-allowed-to-play-dragons-young-gun-cleared-to-return-by-nrl/ar-AA186WL9

Max sentence possibility has been reduced given the court the case will be heard in, which means he isnt under the mandatory stand down guidelines. Still lots on his shoulders and a potential 5 year prison sentence if found guilty.
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:49 pm

WT Winfield wrote:

Yeah EButcher's off my tradeout list after escaping suspension. Had an easy 40+ incoming, which is more than I can say for most of my team. I'm tempted to punt Smith, but if he's playing I should probably hold.

Uto got the role and minutes I wanted, not sure it will last though and I tried trading him to EKatoa as my final move before lockout and was $15k short.

Might end up not trading, or picking up one or both of Ford and EKatoa. I think the latter will bust out a few 50-60 point games, but I think Storm typically play conservative early in the season, grinding out tough wins before playing more expansive when things are clicking, so maybe I shouldn't force that trade this week.

To'o scored the same as Teddy for 200k cheaper is what I see Neutral

This is right, 200k saved. On par.

Katao could have those games sooner than u think.

That Trell news reminds me, Walsh is the other one I am keen to bring in. Maybe Smith to Walsh more so given Trell has gone soft again. Sharks took it out of him I'd say.
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:54 pm

Ooh Garner to Walsh with 5k left over looks nice.
    Perhaps that's my play given I have Latrell to deal with potentially
    slats86

Post by slats86 Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:59 pm

Amone getting cleared pretty much confirms bird playing lock then. I am still not convinced he keeps that spot though
    Ramitinmyhaaas
    Ramitinmyhaaas

Post by Ramitinmyhaaas Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:59 pm

slats86 wrote:Amone getting cleared pretty much confirms bird playing lock then. I am still not convinced he keeps that spot though

How does that confirm he's playing lock????
    The Bludger#2
    The Bludger#2

Post by The Bludger#2 Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:07 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Yes this is the prime reason I'm even considering jumping off the Cheese, last year I came to the conclusion that rib and AC joint injuries should mean an instant sell in fantasy, as we saw Haas struggle with the AC joint injury and Tapine/Frizell with the ribs (I think Taukeiaho had similar issues one year and a lot of people got trapped by him).

I'm in this camp.
    I'm not certain yet, TLT will confirm, but as I've got Robson & Boyd for Hook cover, I can use Cheese money to fix my dodgy back 5.
    Hammer & CNK look like they have improved on last year's output.
    Not expecting 50+ scores each week, but 40+ will serve.
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:14 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Fox League reporting Trell is out with Souths taking a cautious approach.

Panic?

Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:27 pm

mattnz wrote:I am looking at Mahoney as a serious contender for one of the best pick ups this round. Looks to be back to his best in a team that got pumped.

We were all surprised that he had a down year last season (46 average), after a stellar year the season before (63 average in games he wasn't injured) which made him a genuine HOK gun option. No chance of Origin.

If Bulldogs keep playing shit, he is going to put up a similar stat line 50 tackles, 50 run meters and was good to see him taking km off Burton, who is looking under real pressure. Gives him a base of 58 in games where they aren't playing well.

In games where they are doing well he should pick up a few attacking stats.

With the Bulldogs MID crisis, Brown isn't playing HOK, giving Reed a chance to cement 80 minutes. Was the only standout performer in a really bad Bulldogs performance. Even without the try, would have scored 63.

Only a $112k upgrade on Smith, who doesn't look to be playing an 80 minute HOK role any time soon
    with Turpin getting huge minutes off the bench and possibly playing injured (if named this week).

Hard to find quality undervalued HOK options that don't play Origin and play 2 bye rounds. Helps ease the pressure of 3 Roosters that many of us have, when we don't want to be playing our shitty emergencies in Round 4.

Yeah I was high on Reed in preseason but he was always the first to be downgraded when I was looking for more cash. Solid pick I reckon.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:31 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Yeah I was high on Reed in preseason but he was always the first to be downgraded when I was looking for more cash. Solid pick I reckon.

I think he's worth a punt. He's definitely undervalued from his base stats and how he looked in game. He was the only Dog that looked active and hungry.

Sideways trade but I'm going Tapine ---. Mahoney
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:34 pm

lukeayee wrote:

While I think Smith will be a bust, which is why i didn't start with him, trading to Mahoney ain't it.

Wasted trade.

Anyone trading out Smith this week needs their head read.

Nothing about the game should have changed your thesis.

I think there's a case for trading Smith out. If he get's two 50's he only goes up 25k and then has a bye. But he might be carrying a rib injury and the Roosters looked a shambles. Let's not forget they were down, Angus, Sititli, JWH, Watson etc. They get JWH back but lose Lodge. Radley in doubt?? A couple of 35's and BS9 is losing 19k. I think it's safe to hold him, but I'm considering a sell and don't think I need my head read. Plus I find myself with 4 Roosters....
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:35 pm

Nicho must be close to the extended bench
    easytiger
    easytiger

NRL FF Survivor Champion : 2022

Post by easytiger Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:39 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I like this Aardvark

Me too, been the poster of the Summer for mine
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:40 pm

Mulvy wrote:

I think there's a case for trading Smith out. If he get's two 50's he only goes up 25k and then has a bye. But he might be carrying a rib injury and the Roosters looked a shambles. Let's not forget they were down, Angus, Sititli, JWH, Watson etc. They get JWH back but lose Lodge. Radley in doubt?? A couple of 35's and BS9 is losing 19k. I think it's safe to hold him, but I'm considering a sell and don't think I need my head read. Plus I find myself with 4 Roosters....

I really want to sell him but I'm having flashbacks to selling Teddy last year when the Chooks looked a shambles.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:48 pm