NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:44 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Nahhh....bullshit

What you are really asking for is to be able to say any old crap you want and not to be held accountable for it. If anyone disagrees they get called a snowflake.

You can hold whatever view you want but expect other people to disagree with it. I don't think you got banned for holding an unpopular opinion did you?

Much like ignoring dogmatic fantasy advice you can choose to ignore anything 'political' you don't agree with but when you choose to engage with it then the response is on you.

Life is political.

I like this Aardvark
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 46 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:45 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I dont even own Cleary

Cleary for 48 with a try.

A shadow of his former self

now I'm confused:
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:46 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Wishart's preferred position is 5/8, why the hell would Meaney get moved out of position so Wishart can also be out of position?

This what Bellyache did last year
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:46 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

You legit thinking Starling? If he doesnt get the the try, try assist, LB amd LBA his score is only 39.

Not saying attacking stats arent something he can get, but at 571 you are hoping they continue!

Apologies for the daytime gif, but ....

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 46 Giphy
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:49 pm

Chewie wrote:

Well Tohu only played three 80mins games last year...
    It's hard to know with the new coach, we've only had one game and Ford looked good
    Maybe both will lose minutes

Have a look at his pre-ACL games at lock though, 77 minute average in 2021 and 80 minutes in 2020, has since been named as Captain by a coach who wasn't there last season.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:51 pm

Khany wrote:

This what Bellyache did last year

No he didn't, the one game where Wishart played FB, Meaney was on the wing with Munster in his usual spot at 5/8. The experiment did not work so the following week Meaney was back at fullback and Wishart back on the bench.

At the end of the season, Munster was at FB with Meaney at 5/8 but again, the experiment didn't work then either. Meaney was one of the best on ground in round 1, so moving him out of the fullback position would be lunacy, especially for a guy who prefers 5/8 anyway (he played the first trial there)
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:51 pm

ShadowSabre wrote:

You legit thinking Starling? If he doesnt get the the try, try assist, LB amd LBA his score is only 39.

Not saying attacking stats arent something he can get, but at 571 you are hoping they continue!

Can confirm your sarcasm meter is playing up.
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:52 pm

my tv broke wrote:

I dont even own Cleary

Cleary for 48 with a try.

A shadow of his former self

You have gone really POD this season, or at least anti high-ownership
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:53 pm

I've got no one who really needs to leave the team. I have Smith, Ebutcher.. but could only slightly justify trading Smith. Nothing has changed at all with EganB, he is lining up this weekend right.

I did start with To'o so a knee jerk reaction there would be novice at best.

But like some say, early days are when you should right the ship, it can be beneficial down the line, if u bring in a worthy candidate. Keen on Harris, or a downgrade if we knew someone like Shaq or a cheapie was locked in

Should really take the opportunity to hold fire and bank em already.

Another conundrum is should I go back to the well and re captain Hopgooooood ?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:57 pm

mattnz wrote:

Have a look at his pre-ACL games at lock though, 77 minute average in 2021 and 80 minutes in 2020, has since been named as Captain by a coach who wasn't there last season.

I have no doubt that Tohu will play big mins, and it would be nice if he goes back to his 60points average at lock.
    He's a good pick, worth his price tag, with a possible 5 to 10 point upside this season.]
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:00 pm

mattnz wrote:

You have gone really POD this season, or at least anti high-ownership

Not really tbh, team is made up of all the heavily discussed players like everyone else. While i wanted to pick more of a fun team it didnt end up that way so much

I decided Cook was a better option over Cleary, and hooker looked like a shit spot of unknowns. Same with Tedesco. Was easy to pick two halves.

Last edited by my tv broke on Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    slats86

Post by slats86 Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:01 pm

There is a possible POD in the CTRs that noone is talking about atm... With Hermans injury a pec injury and possibly long term and Connoly playing big minute role in the forward rotation (albeit extra minutes because of wallace having an early spell) he could be a nice little 30 point player to have your in ctrs for a while, especially if kbrom or kafusi get injured
    ShadowSabre
    ShadowSabre

Post by ShadowSabre Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:01 pm

AL wrote:

Can confirm your sarcasm meter is playing up.

Cant even blame it being early morning doh Rip

Oh well, will take comfort in perhaps others are as dense as myself and my post acts as a PSA for them
    Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:06 pm

slats86 wrote:There is a possible POD in the CTRs that noone is talking about atm... With Hermans injury a pec injury and possibly long term and Connoly playing big minute role in the forward rotation (albeit extra minutes because of wallace having an early spell) he could be a nice little 30 point player to have your in ctrs for a while, especially if kbrom or kafusi get injured

Had a little discussion with @robelgordo about it yesterday (although we were calling him Null Null). My eyes will be peeled come this afternoon
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:06 pm

slats86 wrote:There is a possible POD in the CTRs that noone is talking about atm... With Hermans injury a pec injury and possibly long term and Connoly playing big minute role in the forward rotation (albeit extra minutes because of wallace having an early spell) he could be a nice little 30 point player to have your in ctrs for a while, especially if kbrom or kafusi get injured

He was a beast, awkward price for a bench EDG though. If one of them gets injured, would be in my team..... if he gets the role over Aitken, which could be unlikely

Last edited by mattnz on Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:07 pm

This was the null null chatter the other day wasn't it. He looked likely for sure
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:14 pm

Fox League reporting Trell is out with Souths taking a cautious approach.
    Khany
    Khany

Post by Khany Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:14 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

No he didn't, the one game where Wishart played FB, Meaney was on the wing with Munster in his usual spot at 5/8. The experiment did not work so the following week Meaney was back at fullback and Wishart back on the bench.

At the end of the season, Munster was at FB with Meaney at 5/8 but again, the experiment didn't work then either. Meaney was one of the best on ground in round 1, so moving him out of the fullback position would be lunacy, especially for a guy who prefers 5/8 anyway (he played the first trial there)

I can't add anything when Wacko also supports wishart to 5 8
    The Goat Boys
    The Goat Boys

Post by The Goat Boys Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:17 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:Fox League reporting Trell is out with Souths taking a cautious approach.

That Ruins my Week
    WT Winfield
    WT Winfield

Post by WT Winfield Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:18 pm

Revraiser wrote:I've got no one who really needs to leave the team. I have Smith, Ebutcher.. but could only slightly justify trading Smith. Nothing has changed at all with EganB, he is lining up this weekend right.

I did start with To'o so a knee jerk reaction there would be novice at best.

But like some say, early days are when you should right the ship, it can be beneficial down the line, if u bring in a worthy candidate. Keen on Harris, or a downgrade if we knew someone like Shaq or a cheapie was locked in

Should really take the opportunity to hold fire and bank em already.

Another conundrum is should I go back to the well and re captain Hopgooooood ?

Yeah EButcher's off my tradeout list after escaping suspension. Had an easy 40+ incoming, which is more than I can say for most of my team. I'm tempted to punt Smith, but if he's playing I should probably hold.

Uto got the role and minutes I wanted, not sure it will last though and I tried trading him to EKatoa as my final move before lockout and was $15k short.

Might end up not trading, or picking up one or both of Ford and EKatoa. I think the latter will bust out a few 50-60 point games, but I think Storm typically play conservative early in the season, grinding out tough wins before playing more expansive when things are clicking, so maybe I shouldn't force that trade this week.

To'o scored the same as Teddy for 200k cheaper is what I see Neutral

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:19 pm