NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

BCT05
    BCT05

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:41 pm

Khany wrote:Nicho must be close to the extended bench

Yeah just waiting for the inevitable TLT spanner in the works being Hynes named start and all of our trade plans immediately changing to dumping Trindall

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you - Page 48 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 10 - Look in my Eyes. I'll diagnose what ails you

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:42 pm

Did I miss anything overnight?

Anyway: via DT
    Nicho Hynes will miss a second game, ruled out of Cronulla’s clash with Parramatta on Friday night.

In a blow for the Sharks who are aiming to notch their first win of the year, Hynes has been kept on ice as he recovers from a calf injury.

In positive signs for the Dally M medallist, he has returned to training in a limited capacity.

Hynes will aim to return for the Sharks round three clash against the Raiders.
    BCT05
    BCT05

Post by BCT05 Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:45 pm

WT2K wrote:Did I miss anything overnight?

Nicho Hynes will miss a second game, ruled out of Cronulla’s clash with Parramatta on Friday night.

In a blow for the Sharks who are aiming to notch their first win of the year, Hynes has been kept on ice as he recovers from a calf injury.

In positive signs for the Dally M medallist, he has returned to training in a limited capacity.

Oh haha well nevermind that then!
    slats86

Post by slats86 Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:45 pm

Ramitinmyhaaas wrote:

How does that confirm he's playing lock????

Because he trained at lock all pre season
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:45 pm

I honestly don't mind a Smith to Reed trade.  I have to coin to do it.  I'll more than likely hold but gut feel us that Smith will continue to be a let down after watching him on the weekend.  

Reed was good on the weekend.

I have a much worse gut feel on Smith than Butcher too. I think Butcher will be more than serviceable.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:51 pm

wolfking wrote:I honestly don't mind a Smith to Reed trade.  I have to coin to do it.  I'll more than likely hold but gut feel us that Smith will continue to be a let down after watching him on the weekend.  

I have a much worse gut feel on Smith than Butcher too.  I think Butcher will be more than serviceable.

Reed was good, and is a very good player. He did score a try though. 51 tackles and 2 missed so base is solid. But he isn't scoring a try every week.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:52 pm

wolfking wrote:I honestly don't mind a Smith to Reed trade.  I have to coin to do it.  I'll more than likely hold but gut feel us that Smith will continue to be a let down after watching him on the weekend.  

I have a much worse gut feel on Smith than Butcher too.  I think Butcher will be more than serviceable.

Yea he was -17 on the weekend and left the field for 10 (11) mins. Still produced a solid score of 31.
    He shouldn't be any risk of not achieving his BE of 44 this weekend.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:52 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Nahhh....bullshit

Life is political.

Nahhh….. bullshit

Life is what you make of it.

And in here I’m talking about the statistics of guys in a footy game… with a few dry jokes along the way.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:54 pm

Who started without Hammer and is now trying to bring him in? He didn’t look great in the trials and has a very low ceiling, but with DPP I’m tempted.
    GreenSchist
    GreenSchist

Post by GreenSchist Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:54 pm

mickspicks wrote:

Reed was good, and is a very good player. He did score a try though. 51 tackles and 2 missed so base is solid. But he isn't scoring a try every week.

Tbh, if the dogs want to win this year they should keep the ball in his hands as much as possible. Biggest scoring threat Wink
    wolfking
    wolfking
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by wolfking Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:56 pm

mickspicks wrote:

True. Similar situation with Grant though who is 200K more expensive. I'll more than likely have other issues and while I'm the first to say not to knee-jerk, but a sub 700K hooker with that base is solid and worthy of holding all year. No origin and playing every game until round 13.

Dunno about Smith........could be a victim of the HIA thing quite a but the way he plays. He did look injured and not very fit either.

Saying that, coach will want a lot more out of him.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:58 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I really want to sell him but I'm having flashbacks to selling Teddy last year when the Chooks looked a shambles.

Massive difference there. Teddy is head and shoulders above anyone else in his position with the possible exception of Turbo and he wasn't injured and has a proven track record of scoring well no matter what the rest of the team is doing. Smith might be injured, we don't know his role properly yet, has raised his BE, has a bye coming up, and likely is not an elite keeper in his position like Teddy. Don't worry, nothing will beat your Teddy trade for ridicule, except for a certain Hynes trade out someone made...

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:58 pm

WT2K wrote:Did I miss anything overnight?

Round 3 would be an easy jump from Cleary over to the wet haired supermodel…. Interesting
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:58 pm

Genderbender wrote:Who started without Hammer and is now trying to bring him in? He didn’t look great in the trials and has a very low ceiling, but with DPP I’m tempted.

The thing that has me convinced is the fact that he made 20 runs on the weekend, compared to 11-12 in the three games he played as starting fullback last year. If he's running the ball 20 times a game, I'm willing to back him in, and JMK is definitely capable of setting him up again like he did against the Chooks.

CTR dual is also so valuable, as I can then run him and Bird at centre and not need to play any of the basement price guys, not to mention Cheese won't make much money before the bye even with two 50s so I can't see him running away in price soon. I would be willing to get back on Cheese once the Chooks get their middles back and if he looks like playing the big-minute hooker role we all bought him for.
    mickspicks
    mickspicks

Post by mickspicks Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:59 pm

wolfking wrote:

True.  Similar situation with Grant though who is 200K more expensive.  I'll more than likely have other issues and while I'm the first to say not to knee-jerk, but a sub 700K hooker with that base is solid and worthy of holding all year.  No origin and playing every game until round 13.

Dunno about Smith........could be a victim of the HIA thing quite a but the way he plays.  He did look injured and not very fit either.

Saying that, coach will want a lot more out of him.

If you're looking getting Reed and dropping Smith I don't think it's a bad idea. Smith looked really gassed and whilst he did get pumped a few times, I don't think that was the reason he was a bit so-so. In saying that, no doubt Smith has a few games where he breaks a tackle and burrows for a 60+ score. Reed probably the overall safe bet.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:00 pm

Genderbender wrote:Who started without Hammer and is now trying to bring him in? He didn’t look great in the trials and has a very low ceiling, but with DPP I’m tempted.

Do you mean a low floor?
    Revraiser
    Revraiser
    Fanatic

Post by Revraiser Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:00 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

I really want to sell him but I'm having flashbacks to selling Teddy last year when the Chooks looked a shambles.

Two totally different briskets.
    User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:02 pm

Revraiser wrote:

Two totally different briskets.

Left side and right side?

Or lamb and beef?

Last edited by User Name on Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:03 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Do you mean a low floor?

Yep… hold me accountable for my words!!! lol!
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:04 pm

Genderbender wrote:

Round 3 would be an easy jump from Cleary over to the wet haired supermodel…. Interesting
    Can see lots of teams doing that jump

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:17 pm