NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

SnatchPato 2023 Campaign

StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

SnatchPato 2023 Campaign - Page 2 Empty Re: SnatchPato 2023 Campaign

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:09 pm

Brailey definitely a luxury. Boyd is probably going to become him for me next week, but as you say that DPP could be useful going forward. I guess he could hang on your bench if you don't need to play him, or loop etc where you can to try get his good scores amongst the rubbish.

Other than that, your trades are both really good. Sutton not hitting the level anyone expected, so easy upgrade!
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:36 pm

Love the write up, love the trades,

Got a GUN team, expect you to score very well

And I think you made the right call on the sj Reynolds debate

(Not just cos I also have Reynolds)

I’m also super keen on turbo too

Good luck this week
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:43 pm

Thanks fellas, hoping for the best (but mentally preparing for 5 HIAs to 5 POD guns :haha:"

Looping Boyd in the future not a bad idea at all, he's kinda the perfect guy to do it.

Personally I rate him IRL a lot higher than a few others, so hopefully he/Titans can pull some good games together and I can benefit from a hold.

Good luck to all!
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:47 am

Team is chugging along nicely in round 4, 955 points, round rank 12,509, overall rank 4,722 (+1,208).

Ups:
    - Captain Cleary is bad with a vengeance!
    - Miller and CNK continue to do a great job as my "Cheap" WFBs
    - Haas and Tapine (my big bookends) are doing exactly what I hoped when I started with them. Reliable, big, keeper, scores.
    - A few "cheap" players are continuing to get the job done Uto (40), Preston (44), Boyd (52), Ford (61)
    - No major injuries

Downs:
    - Both my trade ins of Turbo (36) and ARey (32) underperformed
    - Missed Warbrick's 64 (though do get the price rises)

Plan for Week 5:

I don't have any big issues this week. Boyd is on a bye, and Trindall needs to go soon, but other than that my team is healthy and (mostly) firing. With Boyd out my only HLF cover is Trindall, and I have no HOK cover, but it should be okay for one week. Doorey still on the bench, with seemingly Matto, Carty AND Lane being ahead of him in the pecking order means he's probably a sell for me. Not to mention he had a great game when he came on against some more tired defence, which no doubt Brad Arthur noticed and will likely repeat again until it doesn't work. My main issues atm is that I don't have a CTR gun, and so I'd like to bring in Lemuelu who I can see averaging low 40s if he can hold that EDG spot over Kaufusi. At the very least, he has it for a couple more weeks and it's not the worst thing to have a bench forward (reliable middling scores) in the centres.
    Trade 1: Doorey > Lemuelu

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Team for round 5 below. Just like last week, I am quite confident in my team's ability to score well this week and I'm hoping for some bounceback from ARey and Turbo. (Guns)(Potential Keepers?)

Robson
    Haas Uto Tapine
    Carty EKatoa
    (C)leary Reynolds
    Alamoti Lemuelu
    Turbo Miller CNK

Preston Hopgood Ford Boyd
    HSS Warbrick ITT Trindall
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:18 am

Great team, nice write up, well done on the ranks climb

Lemelu looks great, solid base and I think he has really good job security

But can I tempt you into a slightly more expensive erratic scorer, staggs, cobbo, timoko, etc etc

Could be fun!
    Boozecluez
    Boozecluez

Post by Boozecluez Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:21 am

Love the colour breakdown and how the team is coming along
    I guess the only thing stopping Preston,ford, nullnull being keepers is simply injury/form as all score well enough there or offer handy DPP
    Anyways look forward to seeing how your season goes
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:37 pm

Doorey to Lemuelu is a no-brainer, easy trade and I'll be doing the same.

I'd be very tempted to trade Stefano to Hosking, but the safe/smart play is probably to hold that trade.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:25 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Doorey to Lemuelu is a no-brainer, easy trade and I'll be doing the same.

I'd be very tempted to trade Stefano to Hosking, but the safe/smart play is probably to hold that trade.
    I honestly hadn't considered Uto out to Hosking. Just checked and I'm $3k short of making that trade as well as Doorey to Lemmy. It might be a sign that it wasn't to be..

My plans in the near future are to bring in IKatoa (if he shows good signs this weekend) and that should free up funds needed to get Hosking in if it appears that he's locked down that edge role.
    StuDogg101
    StuDogg101

Post by StuDogg101 Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:38 pm

Any trade that gets rid of Doorey is probably a good one, and getting Lemmy in is great for your side. Good luck on your WFB merry-go-round, let's hope for a big game from CNK!

What are your thoughts re:Hynes and when/how you'll get him in? Straight after the bye? Not bothered yet?
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:51 pm

Snatchpato wrote:
    I honestly hadn't considered Uto out to Hosking. Just checked and I'm $3k short of making that trade as well as Doorey to Lemmy. It might be a sign that it wasn't to be..

My plans in the near future are to bring in IKatoa (if he shows good signs this weekend) and that should free up funds needed to get Hosking in if it appears that he's locked down that edge role.

Ah fair, not meant to be then.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:17 pm

StuDogg101 wrote:Any trade that gets rid of Doorey is probably a good one, and getting Lemmy in is great for your side. Good luck on your WFB merry-go-round, let's hope for a big game from CNK!

What are your thoughts re:Hynes and when/how you'll get him in? Straight after the bye? Not bothered yet?
    I might be going mad, but I don't see what all the fuss is about. Like we know Hynes is a gun, we know he's capable of putting up a banner, but his statistics show he's also capable of a sub 60 score semi-regularly.

I definitely want him in my side, but struggling to find the right time with the right conditions. I think I've accepted that I wont get him cheaply, but in that case I might wait until after origin (provided he plays) to bring him in. I just feel like people are seeing his score last week and panicking a bit thinking he's a must have right now.

To summarise I really want him, but am definitely waiting until after his bye, but likely going to wait until during (if he doesn't play) or after (if he does play) origin. Otherwise I'm just going to end up ripping my team apart.

What do you guys reckon? Similar boat, or do you think I'm underestimating his importance?
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:19 pm

Opposite, I think he’s the best player in the game, will average the best, most fun to watch and sharks have a GUN team, expect them to slap up everyone and him dominate

I am waiting til week after his bye then moving mountains to get him
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:54 am

I’m aiming to get Hynes next week but agree it’s a luxury. Like Cleary he’s so involved in all parts of the game that a score of 60-80 feels normal.

I think it all comes down to depth. If you still have a solid 16th and 17th man (ie can hit 30+) and don’t sacrifice cash gen then he is worth it. As long as you aren’t buying a 230k red dot or some other subpar option I think you should buy Hynes.

With your team I think its a line call (unless you have a big bank?). Your 18-21 have 2 guys not generating cash and the other two aren’t reliable scorers.

HSS to Knik/IKatoa and Trindall to BSmith fixes that.

The following week Hopgood and Uto go for Hynes and Knik/IKatoa
    Based on current prices these moves need a bank of 80k (but this is volatile as Hopgoods BE is quite high and Katoa/Knik could go up a lot with a big game so order may be very important).

Those moves would leave your rd 7 team as:

Robson
    Haas BSmith Tapine
    Carty EKatoa
    (C)leary Hynes
    Alamoti Lemuelu
    Turbo Miller CNK

Reynolds, Preston, Ford, Boyd
    Knik Warbrick ITT IKatoa

The 18-21 still is a bit weak but hopefully all are making cash.

Just an idea but was a good thought exercise. Plenty of other options that you may like better and very dependent on what you think of Hopgood. Good luck this week.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:57 pm

Cap'n Ranta wrote:I’m aiming to get Hynes next week but agree it’s a luxury. Like Cleary he’s so involved in all parts of the game that a score of 60-80 feels normal.

I think it all comes down to depth. If you still have a solid 16th and 17th man (ie can hit 30+) and don’t sacrifice cash gen then he is worth it. As long as you aren’t buying a 230k red dot or some other subpar option I think you should buy Hynes.

With your team I think its a line call (unless you have a big bank?). Your 18-21 have 2 guys not generating cash and the other two aren’t reliable scorers.

HSS to Knik/IKatoa and Trindall to BSmith fixes that.

The following week Hopgood and Uto go for Hynes and Knik/IKatoa
    Based on current prices these moves need a bank of 80k (but this is volatile as Hopgoods BE is quite high and Katoa/Knik could go up a lot with a big game so order may be very important).

Those moves would leave your rd 7 team as:

Robson
    Haas BSmith Tapine
    Carty EKatoa
    (C)leary Hynes
    Alamoti Lemuelu
    Turbo Miller CNK

Reynolds, Preston, Ford, Boyd
    Knik Warbrick ITT IKatoa

The 18-21 still is a bit weak but hopefully all are making cash.

Just an idea but was a good thought exercise. Plenty of other options that you may like better and very dependent on what you think of Hopgood. Good luck this week.
    Thanks for your comments mate, I appreciate the effort you put into it. I didn't end up getting Smith because he just doesn't pass the eye test in the current Roosters system. This might change as the season progresses, but for now he doesn't seem like he's going to score well.

Your point about getting cash gen or reliable scorers in the back end of the team is a very valid one... will be looking to make some trades this week at least one of which addresses that.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:13 pm

Relative to the field, another middling, solid week. Round 5 I scored 975 points, round rank 11,454, overall rank 5033 (-311).

Ups:
    - Captain Cleary continuing his good scoring
    - Turbo, Miller, and CNK averaging 56 between them, a very solid back 3 for the foreseeable future
    - Robson and Haas big scores
    - No major injuries (fingers crossed I can write this all year)

Downs:
    - Edges both underperformed Carty (34) and Katoa (35)
    - I don't have Murray, Grant, or Cook who all scored very well (though that's not a team negative, just sucks is all).

Plan for Week 6:

Really easy first trade I think. Trindall hasn't gotten on the field for a second week in a row, and I can't justify holding him any longer, particularly as the Sharks are on a bye this week. IKatoa has been underwhelming for owners to start the year, but with SOS and Milf out, he's going to have to step up and achieve if the Dolphins have any hope of doing well. I suspect he'll have a similar season to Sam Walker in 2021 where he's thrust into the team and has to become a leader. I don't think he has the talent of Walker, however I do suspect he can average over 30 from here. If nothing else, I get on the same page as the vast majority of other teams, so I can sink with the crowd, or rise with the crowd. A cash out at worst.
    Trade 1: Trindall > IKatoa

Really struggling to decide if I'll pull a trigger on a second trade, and I won't have decided by the end of this post. I'm strongly considering Carty > Hosking, and taking the punt that, as Camo put it, he's done enough to secure his role in the side. The other option I'm weighing up is Carty > Frizell as a more reliable, known quantity. His job security is top tier, he's a great worker and passes the eye test, and the Knights seem to be a lot more resilient this year than years gone by. The third and final option is to hold the trade, and just look at Carty this week to see how he does. He will probably put up another mid 30s score in 50-60 minutes, but there's every chance he bangs out a 60 in 60... In any case his shelf-life is limited, so it's probably not a major mistake to move him on now.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Team for round 6 below. I'm quite confident that I'm building a strong side with good principles guiding my decisions. I'm just waiting for it all to click with a big scores from my PODs Turbo, Tapine, Robson, and ARey, with my other guys getting it done in support. If they can all click at the same time I expect to rocket up the rankings.. Best of luck to us! (Guns)(Potential Keepers?)

Robson
    Haas Uto Tapine
    Carty (Frizell/Hosking?) EKatoa
    (C)leary Reynolds
    Alamoti Lemuelu
    Turbo Miller CNK

Preston Hopgood Ford Boyd
    Warbrick HSS* IKatoa ITT

*I already used HSS to potentially use Warbrick, but looped Boyd over instead.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:10 pm

With a score of 919, round 6 was a good one. Round rank 6,858 dropped my overall rank from 5033 to 4032 (-1001).

Ups:
    - Captain Cleary banging out another 100, so glad I held faith in the chin.
    - Miller and CNK keep banging out very reliable WFB scores, very pleased with both of them.
    - Staying on the Carty party, it keeps raging!
    - Boyd scoring 40 without any KM is a very welcome sight, looking forward to seeing a 50 from him this week, rewarding my faith.
    - No major injuries (fingers crossed I can write this all year)

Downs:
    - Robson (48) and ARey (47) not putting up quite the scoring I'd have hoped, though in Robson's defence it was an even numbered week. Back to a 70+ this week.
    - Minor injury for Thompson.
    - Turbo scoring poorly due to an injury (16), hopefully gets better this week.

Plan for Week 7:

The first week of potentially 3 trades (and I'm likely to use all 3). Due to him peaking and also being on a bye this week, Utoikamanu departs from my side after a very respectable +143k in price rises, a great cash cow to start the year. Having traded out Tapine for Hosking last week, I'm running short on MIDs and so I'm looking to bring in a cash cow and a gun. For Uto, I'll be cashing him down to Couchman. Other than having a great name, he seems to have cemented himself a bench position for the Dragons. With BMM playing pretty poorly, I wouldn't be surprised for Couch to get some MID and EDG minutes, potentially even winning an EDG spot by the end of the year. He seems to be a big body, young and enthusiastic. Hopefully can continue offloading and making the most of his minutes on the field. 
    Trade 1: Utoikamanu > Couchman

The second trade I'm almost certainly making is using some of the war chest to bring in Teddy. Tedesco is a known quantity, and a legend of fantasy. Last year he started slowly, dropping down to 614k after round 6 (currently 616k after round 6), and then went on to average 68.5 until origin. He finished the year on 54.3 as an average. I'm hoping this year parallels last quite a bit AND I haven't got any Roosters in my side so having the legend himself would make me happy. I was going to trade out Warbrick to fund Teddy, however I reflected on a mistake I made last year with a very similar cash cow, Xavier Coates. Last year I traded out Coates after 5 rounds when it seemed like he stagnated at 375k (Warbrick's exact price), and in the following two rounds he scored 7 tries, got 120 points, and subsequently went on to gain another 120k. I'm not saying this will happen again, but Warbrick has the potential to do similar, and I would be remiss in giving him the opportunity to do so. Instead, I will trade out HSS who has clearly lost his spot in the Raiders side, and despite being a handy looper, is stagnating my earning potential. With Thompson injured I can put him at CTR and use Alamoti (my only CTR cover) as a looper as he plays late in the round.
    Trade 2: Harley Smith-Shields Tedesco

These two trades leave me with 174k in the bank, and Hopgood being a bit of an issue. With Paulo, RCG, Matto, Lane, and Carty all soaking up big minutes in this Eels side, there just aren't enough minutes for Hopgood to score well without unlikely attacking stats. His breakeven is 60, which seems unlikely, and so I face the situation where I probably need to trade him out for another MID. The problem is I'm really not sure which MID I should bring in. I'm going to list some options and their upsides and downsides. I would really appreciate feedback on who you think I should bring in, as I need crowd support on this trade.

Option 1: Matterson
    Upside
    • Great PPM
    • Unlikely to play origin
    • Reliable, solid scorer

Downside
    • Might play origin
    • Overpriced if not playing 60+ minutes regularly
    • Potentially overpriced even if playing 60+ minutes

Option 2/3: Yeo/Murray (included both as they effectively offer similar things)
    Upside
    • Proven guns who should comfortably average 60+
    • No byes until origin
    • It's fun owning them

Downside
    • Expensive, no value there
    • Will either be trade-outs during origin, or missing a lot of games across that period

Option 4: Tohu
    Upside
    • Won't play origin
    • Proven gun if minutes/fitness are there

Downside
    • Warriors have troops returning, may not play 80
    • Injury risk (first game back this week)

Trade 3: Hopgood ???

Round 7 team below. *Hopgood currently a placeholder for one of the above. Like last week I feel as though I have the team for a massive score. I really just need all the elements to click all at once (Teddy/Turbo with some attacking stats, ARey and Robson dominating their respective games, etc). Hoping to continue rising up the ranks. (Guns)(Potential Keepers?)

Robson
    Haas Ford Hopgood*
    Hosking EKatoa
    (C)leary Reynolds
    Lemuelu ITT
    Turbo Miller Tedesco

Boyd Preston Carty Alamoti 
    IKatoa CNK Warbrick Couchman
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:28 pm

I think I would rate them in that order

In terms of suffering from byes I think you will fair okay I’m R14 assuming you sell Turbo (which you should missing 3 of 4 from 13-16 Razz ) will Miller and Matterson whereas Tohu is a better pick up in R13 to minimise Warriors on bye

Murray and Yeo as you’ve mentioned might be sells come Origin (Murray is). Seeing that you’ve banked 1 trade, would lean the less trade option of Matterson
    Cap'n Ranta
    Cap'n Ranta

Post by Cap'n Ranta Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:34 pm

I like Murray out of those options. Can be traded to anyone you want pre origin and gives the scoring you want from a gun with none of the risks (matterson minutes and Tohu injury).
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:38 pm

Camo123 wrote:I think I would rate them in that order

In terms of suffering from byes I think you will fair okay I’m R14 assuming you sell Turbo (which you should missing 3 of 4 from 13-16 Razz ) will Miller and Matterson whereas Tohu is a better pick up in R13 to minimise Warriors on bye

Murray and Yeo as you’ve mentioned might be sells come Origin (Murray is). Seeing that you’ve banked 1 trade, would lean the less trade option of Matterson
    A very valid point regarding the lack of trades banked.. I think you're right there and really could bank some more (even if they are future banks). It will be sad to do, but I trust your instincts and will bring in Matto.

My plan moving forward will be something like:

- Bring in Bird in the next week or two to get a solid CTR option.
    - Bring in Tapine/Tohu in R12/R13.
    - Bring in Hynes if he drops coin and I don't have to rip apart my team to get him (Haas > Hynes over origin if Hynes not picked?)
    - Hope and pray that I don't cop too many injuries/bad luck.

Thanks again for the advice (particularly the ability to bank future trades by trading in Matto now) @Camo123, appreciate it mate!
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:26 pm

Matto for mine for the bye coverage + I see his output being fairly similar to the others for less.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:21 pm