NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

SnatchPato 2023 Campaign

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

SnatchPato 2023 Campaign - Page 3 Empty Re: SnatchPato 2023 Campaign

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:20 pm

how about Hopgood down to Mcinnes, gives you 3/4 weeks to ride mcinnes run back up,

bank cash which will give you flexibility should something happen,

I sold hopgood this week, expecting him to drop a good amount and will buy back at origin time
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:06 pm

So I've been very busy and barely had time to get trades in let alone post in this tracker, but I've found myself half an hour this afternoon so giving a quick recap of the past couple of weeks.

Round 7:

Uto > Smith
    HSS > Teddy
    Hopgood > Couch

which left about 430k ITB (so no gun MID)

score 747, overall rank 4,032 to 5,354 (+1,322)

Round 8:

Warbrick > Manu

which left about 200k ITB

score 894, overall rank 5,354 to 3,629 (-1,675)

Ups:
    - Trading in Smith has been perfect timing, he really seems to be doing well.
    - Manu trade in was quality so far, completely missed him last year so wasn't happening again.
    - Two good games from Reynolds has softened the blow of not getting SJ all those weeks ago.
    - Teddy and Boyd nice bounceback games in round 8.

Downs:
    - Suspensions, injuries, and byes affecting a little, with Haas, CNK, ITT, Katoa all out this week.
    - Turbo has been pretty bad, and Carty has gone back to the bench, so time to move them on.
    - Couchman trade in has been poor so far.

Plan for Week 9:

Another week of max trading planned, but 3 well deserved trade outs on the menu. The first is Turbo. He's just not been the quality, dangerous, dynamic fullback we all remember. He's been trying hard, but Manly haven't been anywhere near dominant, and it seems teams are doing a much better job shutting him down. Bula by all accounts has the fullback position at the Tigers for now. He is definitely a risk as he's young, inexperienced, and playing for the Tigers (both team ability risk and also role security risk). He has upside though, and taking a punt on him frees up a lot of funds for the next two upgrades.
    Trade 1: Turbo Bula

Next up we have the end of a tremendous party. I have had a lot of fun with Bryce, having jumped on after round 1 for a measly 297k and now selling for 540k, he's made me 243k which was far above what was expected (and I know others made even more!). It was a pleasure, but it seems like he'll be playing at most 60 minutes from the bench, as well as not scoring that well - time to go. Thanks Bryce. His funds go towards Jack Bird who has been absolutely dominant. The best part about Jack for mine is that his fitness is what it always was, but he's put on some mass and is capable of going toe-to-toe with the big boys in the other team. He successfully took on JWH in their R8 game against the Roosters, and I just love that. He scores points in so many areas, he's the forwards equivalent of Cleary/Hynes. The icing on the cake is that I can play him at CTR (and he plays round 13). Literally the only downside is that I didn't jump on a few weeks ago when he was cheaper.
    Trade 2: Carty Bird

The final trade I'll be making this week is admittedly, a bit of a punt. First of all, I'll be regretfully trading out CNK. CNK has been great for me this year, filling a difficult WFB position and doing it well. Unfortunately, with his most recent head-knock, he'll be missing the next 2 rounds. He'll also be missing round 12 due to a bye, and also again in round 16. He's simply going to miss too many rounds in a difficult period, so I am moving him on. The guy I'm bringing in is Reuben Cotter. I LOVE watching Cotter play. The guy just wants to be involved. A combination of him and Robson means my team will be getting bulk tackles from the Cowboys, as well as plenty of attacking stats through the middle. The big risk is that Cotter could easily be selected for Origin. He's not a shoe-in however, with other blokes like Papalii, Welch, Carrigan, Kaufusi, Capewell, Fifita, Arrow, Gilbert, Collins (and probably more I'm forgetting) all in this mix. Worst case, Cotter gets picked for Origin and I hold him through and miss some rounds. If he's not selected however, I get early access to an underpriced MID gun, especially over the next few weeks with Lolo out.
    Trade 3: CNK Cotter

Round 9 team below. I had a great round (relative to the field) in round 8, due mostly to my Roosters guys killing it and Boyd. Hoping for similar again, but surprisingly, despite my best rank of the season, I feel worse about my side than I have all year.. (Guns)(Potential Keepers?)

Robson
    Cotter Ford Smith
    Hosking Preston 
    (C)leary Reynolds
    Alamoti Bird
    Manu Tedesco Miller

IKatoa Boyd Lemuelu EKatoa
    Bula Haas ITT Couchman
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:30 pm

Three solid trades mate, can't really argue with any of those. I'd probably give Turbo one more week, especially against the Titans, and trade Katoa now instead, but I can understand the frustration and just wanting to get him out of your team. I still think having Turbo vs the Titans in your 17 this week will be stronger than using EKat to loop Bula/Couchman. Otherwise I think your three trade ins are all good options.
    Snatchpato
    Snatchpato

Post by Snatchpato Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:35 pm

mrbrownstone wrote:Three solid trades mate, can't really argue with any of those. I'd probably give Turbo one more week, especially against the Titans, and trade Katoa now instead, but I can understand the frustration and just wanting to get him out of your team. I still think having Turbo vs the Titans in your 17 this week will be stronger than using EKat to loop Bula/Couchman. Otherwise I think your three trade ins are all good options.
    Thanks for your thoughts mate. Fortunately I had had a gutful of Turbo and wanted him gone regardless, him not playing this week is a lucky break based on an emotional trade. 

So far Bula has done well, Cotter has... uh... not.

Hoping Bird continues his good form and doesn't drop a mid 30s with 10 missed tackles like I know he can. Gotta play the role, not the downside. He has plenty of upside, hoping for the best!

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:07 am