NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:32 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

What does a fish say when it hits a brick wall?

Dam

Neutral
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 49 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:33 pm

it was much easier when i had hynes taking up a chunk of money, now i have hundreds of combinations to choose between

the restriction helped me
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:33 pm

Mulvy wrote:

Blore might only get a week too. I'm with Matt on Preston, looks great for fantasy, and he was in the 17 before the Thompson news, and TPJ seems to always be injured or suspended (haha he's in my draft side). Feels like one of those picks you keep getting lucky with.

As Rhino says, surely we get some further news on Hynes before Saturday? A couple of good scores from Trindall then trading to whichever cow I missed could work, as Chewie (?) said, I'm always fixing the team the first two weeks anyway.

Blore also good for fantasy. And there's so much conflicting news regarding his JS. I'm tempted. I have a fair risk appetite, but only prepared to go as far as two of the three I think. You may be right though, maybe that's too many.

How many 250k guys do you have mate? I have 5, do you think 6 is too many and too risky?

Also if you had to pick a gun would it be a gun hooker or gun FB? If I go Grant I’m running a piss weak back 3 probs Miller CNK and Warbrick
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:35 pm

Aardvark wrote:
    rhinoceroo wrote:

Warbrick.

Perham is actually the one who's fallen out of everyone's team because of an underwhelming trial who I think we might collectively regret dropping, but c'est la vie.

I’m using Perham as a placeholder until I decide WTF I want to do about a premium back. Have warbrick and Talau also so have to play 1. Have a nagging feeling we are all getting a little bit too excited about a winger playing his 1st NRL game (warbrick) and am undecided about wether to start him or not. Hopefully he’s another Taylan May.

This is where I am at regarding having a Winger. I can also see him going huge week one, everyone jumping on him and him falling back to earth.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:42 pm

I'm having a hard time choosing my 5th gun. I'm coming back to Teddy as a set and forget who's highly owned (as a defensive move) and he would be much better for my team balance, while I would love to just stick David Fifita in and swing for the fences, but it then leaves me short of depth at WFB and CTR.

Aardvark
    Aardvark

Post by Aardvark Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:43 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

How many 250k guys do you have mate? I have 5, do you think 6 is too many and too risky?

Also if you had to pick a gun would it be a gun hooker or gun FB? If I go Grant I’m running a piss weak back 3 probs Miller CNK and Warbrick

Mate, you’ve asked the same question numerous times over the last few days and people have chosen to either answer or not answer. Hounding them is not cool.

This is pretty much the major decision everyone is faced with when putting the finishing touches on their team. .You’ve played a few years now and had a decent finish last year, my advice would be to make that decision yourself based on the info you already have.
    Krump
    Krump

Post by Krump Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:49 pm

Or just pm him for answers

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:50 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

Hello good sir
    I have 9 cheap players, I hope this doesn’t confuse things for you?

My fantasy cv credentials as requested are 3 sharks club league wins,l which resulted in a few top 50 finished but most years in the top 500 while trying new shit for fun, currently in league 1 but most importantly I came third in the 7-8 year old youth local talent show where i performed the song “Don’t worry be happy” ……

I was awarded a bottle of sauce to which I promptly stored in the fridge

Last edited by Boozecluez on Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:52 pm

Rabbits21 wrote:

the amount of 250k guys is pretty contextual, in terms of what it allows you to get in other positions, and if they end up being duds or not,

there is a dearth of actual guns at WFB and even they can have less of a consistent score,

GRant you know what hes gonna do, smash it, but is his value worthwhile when there is other slightly less gun hookers, and a plethora of them,

User Name
    User Name

Post by User Name Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:52 pm

Why did the scarecrow get an award?

Because he was out standing in his field!
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:55 pm

Loomer wrote:

Ponga recent scores at 5/8 not great.
    Ponga doesn't have any recent scores at 6 and none with the current spine. Even his 43 average there is better than he is priced.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:55 pm

Settled in a team. See you at the finish line

Egan
    Harris Welch Hopgood (c)
    Olakau’atu Frizzell
    DCE Walker
    R Smith Alamoti
    Teddy Perham Warwick

Sutton
    Boyd
    Ford
    Walsh

Doorey
    May
    Preston
    Pele
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:55 pm

Bethany_B wrote:I'm having a hard time choosing my 5th gun. I'm coming back to Teddy as a set and forget who's highly owned (as a defensive move) and he would be much better for my team balance, while I would love to just stick David Fifita in and swing for the fences, but it then leaves me short of depth at WFB and CTR.

Impossible to tell how highly-owned Teddy it.

Given Hopgood is 35%, *at least* 65% of teams are those who build or autofill a team from day one and then forget about it or can't be bothered (kind of like my Supercoach team every year).

So a Teddy ownership of 26% means precisely nothing unless we know who that 26% are. Won't be clear until the myvb and ynot top100/top1000/top5000 data comes out.
    The Pascoe Fiasco
    The Pascoe Fiasco

Post by The Pascoe Fiasco Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:57 pm

So busy today so absolutely no chance to catch up. Apologies if this has been asked, but do you go an 80 min Hodgo or Boyd?
    Chewie
    Chewie
    Fanatic

Post by Chewie Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:57 pm

Regulator wrote:Anyone else running with Latrell? Feel like he's the biggest POD I've got.

Though no doubt he'll get selected a lot by the more casual players.

he's currently in my team
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:58 pm

MF wrote:Settled in a team. See you at the finish line

Egan
    Harris Welch Hopgood (c)
    Olakau’atu Frizzell
    DCE Walker
    R Smith Alamoti
    Teddy Perham Warwick

Sutton
    Boyd
    Ford
    Walsh

Doorey
    May
    Preston
    Pele

... We need to talk
    Rabbits21
    Rabbits21
    Fanatic

Post by Rabbits21 Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:59 pm

Aardvark wrote:

Mate, you’ve asked the same question numerous times over the last few days and people have chosen to either answer or not answer. Hounding them is not cool.

This is pretty much the major decision everyone is faced with when putting the finishing touches on their team. .You’ve played a few years now and had a decent finish last year, my advice would be to make that decision yourself based on the info you already have.

Wrong I haven’t hounded them 3 of the 9 I got replies off which was very kind of them and the other 6 blatantly ignored me which I found to be rude and shows they aren’t my mate at all, but I didn’t go hound them. Whenever I get a pm since I’ve been on here I always reply to that person as it’s the right thing to do it’s how I was brought up was to not ignore people. And if I have ignored people as I’m not perfect I will always apologise to that person.

And whoever keeps downvoting me persistently the last 3-4 weeks it’s also not cool. We talk about mental health but do people really care I think some do not and their intention is just to bully sadly. I never would even think of getting around and downvoting a fellow NRL lover and fantasy tragic and you all know I’m passionate about this game.

I have had a big week at work and it’s been a shit week all round but tomorrow I will get more of a chance to look at my team and decide what I do.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:59 pm

RandomSil wrote:

... We need to talk

Can’t hear you from up here at the top mate. Speak up

Post by Guest Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:01 am

User Name wrote:Why did the scarecrow get an award?

Because he was out standing in his field!

What’s a forgetful rabbit called?

Hare-brained
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:01 am

Ando wrote:Is there a particular reason people seem to favour HSS over Talau in the 13?

Obviously Talau has history of some poor scores but does HSS have good scores at centre in the lower grades?

He only scored 26 with a try in his only centre start back in 2020.
    Talau covers 2 positions but only takes up 1 spot in that cheap ctr/wfb wasteland, also a history of single digit scores that you don't want stinking up your 17.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:46 pm