NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:32 pm

RandomSil wrote:What is everyone's most PoD pick or hill they are willing to die on this year?

David Fifita - contract year and still averaged 60 playing 80 on the edge while doing nothing, either he goes big in the first 2 rounds or I trade him in round 3 to Hynes, Grant or another gun.

NAS is one I love the idea of owning but can't really justify it given my team structure and his penchant for getting charged at the judiciary.
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 29 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:33 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Seen Boyd in a few teams and decided to have a look. Didn't fully realise he was playing halfback, next to Foran with Brimmo and Verills who all 3 aren't notable kickers. Doesn't seem to be any halves in the wings he has to compete with. At 479K and DPP, he should see plenty of KM and hopefully Titans have some sort of improvement? Maybe? Could be another Fogarty situation.

Sexton is around but Boyd has the jump on him for now.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:35 pm

Haha, from the Sharks forum:

"You know it is kind of wild that because of the body language post there is now a bunch of fantasy/supercoach selecting Trindall for round 1 and ditching Hynes where they might have kept him. It's a godlike power"
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:37 pm

RandomSil wrote:What is everyone's most PoD pick or hill they are willing to die on this year?

Mine is probably Hodgson. Once was considered better than Cameron Smith. 2021 form before his injury suggests he should make plenty of money. So much upside for him, with very little downside. No bench hooker, fast paced title contending team, looked good in the trials.
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:38 pm

I didn’t get a PM. Can only assume I was 10th choice if required.

Last edited by AL on Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    StormTrooper96
    StormTrooper96

Post by StormTrooper96 Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:38 pm

Bethany_B wrote:

Sexton is around but Boyd has the jump on him for now.

Sexton was dropped last year wasn't he? or was very close to it.
    syn13
    syn13

Post by syn13 Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:39 pm

It’s not really a POD pick overall, but it certainly seems to be in terms of this forum - I think leaving Garner out is a mistake and people here are overthinking, high chance he’s an 80 minute (or close to) 2nd rower with a decent base on the favorite attacking side of a team that scores points like a basketball team, he’s glued into my team and I don’t expect to worry about what to do with him until way later in the season, if at all.
    Mulvy
    Mulvy

Post by Mulvy Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:39 pm

Josh Hodgson apparently Shocked
    Bethany_B
    Bethany_B

Post by Bethany_B Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:40 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:

Sexton was dropped last year wasn't he? or was very close to it.

Yes, he was. I don't think he'll push Tanah out anytime soon but he is there so it could in theory happen.
    Loomer
    Loomer

Post by Loomer Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:41 pm

StormTrooper96 wrote:Shunted Fifita out of the team and added a little more depth and security to the side

Hodgson
    Sutton Haas Uto
    Katoa E.Butcher
    Cleary Doueihi
    HSS Staggs
    TMM Turbo Ponga

Hopgood Cheese Gardner Trindall
    I.Katoa Alamoti Doory Warbrick
    67K ITB

Ponga Hodge yuck. Get Fifi back
    mattnz
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:46 pm

Have just landed on a team that I am comfortable with, the final pieces of the puzzle were Ponga as my 3rd WFB ahead of other options. Can easily trade him to Walsh if not looking flash at 6. Hopefully is the guy against weak opposition in the first few rounds that puts up a couple of 80s and averages 50, and everyone goes, oh yeah, that guy was really cheap, considering he has been $800k before in most seasons!

Gave me the cash to turn NAS into Tino with $45k remaining to fix things up a bit.

The guy I am least comfortable with at the moment is Blore. I was sure that there was a quote earlier from Sheens where he said something along the lines of "we have him for 4 years, so we can be patient for a few weeks", which was what got me interested in Blore, when I hadn't been before.

Boyd
    Tapine Cotter Carrigan
    Hopgood Butcher
    Cleary Douehi
    HSS Alamoti
    Ponga Miller Warbrick

Tino Smith Trindall Carty
    Blore Katoa Preston Talau

Really happy with the cheapies available for fantasy potential and feel I have a good balance, strong forwards, halves, with a decent WFB, and bench scoring. Only really sacrificing CTR, which most are anyway.

More details on my thinking on team structure and selections in my most recent team tracker post.
    Camo123
    Camo123
    Fanatic

Post by Camo123 Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:52 pm

My POD move is not posting my full draft until the round starts so I can’t be influenced by others owner biases Laughing
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:55 pm

my tv broke wrote:
    my tv broke wrote:

Fifita is someone i want but its hard to fit in with squad balance.

He just scores points so easily when hes barely even doing anything. Any sort of form from both him and the titans and he is a must have.

I still might do it.

I am also not as sold on a lot of the bargain edges as others here.

I think there's a lot of ambitious targets. Guys who have never held a permanent first grade spot aren't about to become top 5 in their position.

But even if you pick wrong on one of the bargain edges, its likely an easy trade to whoever is doing well.
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:56 pm

my tv broke wrote:

At this present time its the difference between Carrigan and Fifita.

Though there is an ongoing juggle between 3 or 4 players that all affect each other

Main concern for Uto is klem and ofa playing the big min roles with twal getting a good stint too. Uto looks more and more like a 40 min guy

Isn't 40 mins fine for Uto though? At .93 PPM (career average) that's about 10 points of value.

That does rely on him getting back up from .82 PPM last year, but seems fairly doable.
    mrbrownstone
    mrbrownstone

Post by mrbrownstone Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:59 pm

syn13 wrote:

It’s not really a POD pick overall, but it certainly seems to be in terms of this forum - I think leaving Garner out is a mistake and people here are overthinking, high chance he’s an 80 minute (or close to) 2nd rower with a decent base on the favorite attacking side of a team that scores points like a basketball team, he’s glued into my team and I don’t expect to worry about what to do with him until way later in the season, if at all.

Yeah this, I just don't get why so many have gone cold on him. Priced at 33, averages 46 in the second row filtering for 40+ minutes, playing in the best attacking team in the comp on their preferred side. He's not gonna be Kikau but he doesn't really have to be. It feels like a very low risk, high reward play, I'm struggling to see the downside.

Last edited by mrbrownstone on Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Milchcow
    Milchcow

Post by Milchcow Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:59 pm

That's the most template mattnz has ever been I think

Cotter isn't in many teams, but its hardly an 'out there' choice to expect him to do well.
    Only real trademark matt move is expecting big things from Preston from the start, and even though I won't be starting with him, its not going to be a 100% surprise if he does.

Round 4 could be interesting if the Roosters bye coincides with Blore and Carty going back to the bench. and if a couple of the cheapies aren't doing well.
    Imagine there's more than a couple of people in a similar position though
    FaringdonSwirl
    FaringdonSwirl

Post by FaringdonSwirl Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:01 pm

AL wrote:I didn’t get a PM. Can only assume I was 10th choice if required.

Guess anyone who didn't get a PM can ignore any future questions as their advice isn't appreciated...
    the_great_wobbler
    the_great_wobbler

Post by the_great_wobbler Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:02 pm

Wade Egan. Picking him to have a break out year ala Robson and plays r13. 50+ average, 80 mins a game, keeps his head out of bad positions.
    lubedragon
    lubedragon

Post by lubedragon Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:03 pm

Thoughts on Reed mahoney

Post by Guest Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:07 pm

Aardvark wrote:Just read a few pages I missed.

Is spamming people's inboxes looking for custom advice a thing now???

There must be an issue with my inbox no one has ever inboxed me asking fantasy advice

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 am