NRL Fantasy Fanatics

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NRL Fantasy Fanatics

NRL Fantasy Fanatics - A place for discussion of NRL Fantasy / Virtual Sports / Super Coach and other Fantasy Sports

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

GarethEllisismyDad
    GarethEllisismyDad

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by GarethEllisismyDad Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:48 pm

Someone talk me out of josh Hodgson, bench make up looks good for 80 mins, passed the eye test in second trial, previous gun scorer
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together  - Page 6 Empty Re: NRL Fantasy 2023 Part 6 - We're getting the Carty Party back together

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:48 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Game of 9 halves

Boyd
    Haas Smith Hopgood (Once DPP updates)
    Loiero Katoa
    Cleary DCE
    Smith-Shields    Alamoti
    Ponga Martin Warbrick

Doueihi
    Burton
    Hastings
    Trindall

110k ITB

Katoa,Blore,Doorey,Talau

Surely ten halves (if Dolphins' Katoa?)
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:48 pm

I think some people forget Walsh is only 20 and already proven he can absolutely shred NRL defenses at times, even on a fucking abortion of a team like the Warriors.

There's going to be a point when it all comes together and he solidifies himself as an absolute gun in the comp. He has the potential to be one of the big stars in the game, and if you roll the dice on him at the right time then you'll do well. Off the field, he gets back to the club he wants to be with all along, better players around him including a much much better forward pack to set the platform for him rather than the Wahs four dud tackles then oh fuck throw it to Walsh and pray he can pull something out of his ass. Like that team still actually design a game plan to utilise his talent, rather than him needing to try do some magic while his team is going backwards.

I don't think he'll lose all the kicking because he has a monster boot that I'm sure the Donkeys will find a use for as well.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:53 pm

Finger Puppet Mafia wrote:I think the love for Walsh comes from the score he pumped out in the trails from I think 50 minutes. Yes loss in goal kicking, however he will be most definitely the alternative kicker to Reynolds (with Mam expected to do little to none).

He killed it in the trial and no doubt will benefit from a far better forward pack and a better half to feed him the ball.

I am starting with him this week, even though he is injured, on the assumption he misses one week.

Kids a natural and a pleasure to watch, passes the AR,s pick good players rule, with him and Reyno playing for the Broncos I will be watching all their games.
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:54 pm

Anyone not taking 11 - 13 from the eels?
    rhinoceroo
    rhinoceroo
    Fanatic

Post by rhinoceroo Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:55 pm

Regulator wrote:I think some people forget Walsh is only 20 and already proven he can absolutely shred NRL defenses at times, even on a fucking abortion of a team like the Warriors.

There's going to be a point when it all comes together and he solidifies himself as an absolute gun in the comp. He has the potential to be one of the big stars in the game, and if you roll the dice on him at the right time then you'll do well. Off the field, he gets back to the club he wants to be with all along, better players around him including a much much better forward pack to set the platform for him rather than the Wahs four dud tackles then oh fuck throw it to Walsh and pray he can pull something out of his ass. Like that team still actually design a game plan to utilise his talent, rather than him needing to try do some magic while his team is going backwards.

I don't think he'll lose all the kicking because he has a monster boot that I'm sure the Donkeys will find a use for as well.

You make it sound like the Broncos is some strategic ninja organisation and he'll be being coached by Craig Bellamy. Has something changed in Brisbane?
    my tv broke
    my tv broke
    Fanatics Immortal

Post by my tv broke Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:57 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

You make it sound like the Broncos is some strategic ninja organisation and he'll be being coached by Craig Bellamy. Has something changed in Brisbane?

nope. we are still a bunch of idiots running around in circles. If reynolds stays on the park though, there is a little bit more 'structure' to what we do.

but walsh is a gun girls and boys. he and reynolds will make us a top team.
    filthridden
    filthridden

Post by filthridden Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:57 pm

Johnny Cash wrote:

And this is why I should never be left on my own for too long, thanks for the breakdown.

Noticed the avatar - did you or do you play for the Cudas?
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:57 pm

Also anyone taking a flyer on Hodgson returning from injury?

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:58 pm

rhinoceroo wrote:

Surely ten halves (if Dolphins' Katoa?)

True he isn’t scoring but it does sound better doesn’t it
    Johnny Cash
    Johnny Cash

Post by Johnny Cash Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:58 pm

RandomSil wrote:Anyone not taking 11 - 13 from the eels?

I'm skipping 11 and 12, all in on 13
    RandomSil
    RandomSil

Post by RandomSil Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:59 pm

Johnny Cash wrote:
    RandomSil wrote:Anyone not taking 11 - 13 from the eels?

I'm skipping 11 and 12, all in on 13

...but like why?
    danseels1985
    danseels1985

Post by danseels1985 Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:59 pm

Think I have settled on this for now

Grant
    Carrigan Ford Cotter
    Hopgood Katoa
    Cleary Boyd
    Holmes Alamoti
    Tedesco To’o Warbrick

Cheese
    Kenny
    Doorey
    Sloan

TMM
    Keppie
    IKatoa
    AKP

Thoughts?
    Johnny Cash
    Johnny Cash

Post by Johnny Cash Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:00 pm

filthridden wrote:

Noticed the avatar - did you or do you play for the Cudas?

Many years ago, more of a tribute to an old boy that passed away recently.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:01 pm

WT2K wrote:

From hookers to halves. I like it.

To be fair I did the same last year just didn’t get to 10.
    For shits and giggles might even start with this as a template team
    With all the trades and byes will pivot from here

Last edited by Boozecluez on Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    AL
    AL

Post by AL Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:02 pm

my tv broke wrote:

i dont know, but the nrl teamlist summary says "Cowboys: Recruits James Tamou and Jack Gosiewski are the new faces on the bench for the Cowboys. " Laugh

A+ Foina moonlighting as the NRL.com editor it seems. They have fixed now.
    Welshy
    Welshy

Post by Welshy Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:03 pm

Boozecluez wrote:

To be fair I did the same last year just didn’t get to 10.
    For shits and giggles might even start with this

You have to start with Jacob Liddle

Please find the reference.
    Aardvark Ratnick
    Aardvark Ratnick

Post by Aardvark Ratnick Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:04 pm

my tv broke wrote:

nope. we are still a bunch of idiots running around in circles. If reynolds stays on the park though, there is a little bit more 'structure' to what we do.

Yeah this, you have enough guns in the squad to do well, and the kids an added gun.
    Regulator
    Regulator

Post by Regulator Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:04 pm

my tv broke wrote:

Bro anything is an upgrade on the Warriors from that perspective. They played like they didn't even know he existed half the time. The number of sets when they needed points and they just didn't even give him the ball. Then they'd get late in game and be like oh shit Walsh yeah here bro can you win the game for us plz. And it wasn't lack of effort on his part, he's always sniffing for it (lol).

And just having some big forwards to play off, hanging around Haas and Carrigan who looks to have a bit of an offload to him now, he's going to get opportunities that the Wahs just didn't give him.

I hate the Donkeys so far be it from me to give them any credit, don't be too flattered by me saying they're better than the Warriors haha.
    mattnz
    Fanatic

Post by mattnz Tue Feb 28, 2023 8:05 pm

Boozecluez wrote:Game of 10 halves

Boyd
    Haas Smith Hopgood (Once DPP updates)
    Loiero Katoa
    Cleary DCE
    Smith-Shields    Alamoti
    Ponga Martin Warbrick

Doueihi
    Burton
    Hastings
    Trindall

110k ITB

Katoa,Blore,Doorey,Talau
    You are going to be short a Mid in round 4.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:43 pm